PDA

View Full Version : My two year hair anniversary!! (With pics!)

Arciela
September 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to make a thread and share my progress I've made since 2012!

Story time hehe :flower:

Back in 2010 I decided I wanted to be blonde! So I went to the salon and had them turn my waist length hair into blonde. Since then I went from blonde, to black, to brown, to blonde, I bleached it monthly for nearly a year. My hair was super thin at that point and I couldn't understand why it just wouldn't grow. I'd flat iron it when wet *cringe*, blow dry it, wash the entire length and rip through it with a ball tipped brush.

My hair ended up looking like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3XyHoyx.jpg

So after finding LHC...I read Nightshade's article on hair care...and realized doing all that stuff is baaaad lol. Now, most my life I had classic length hair, mostly because I never went to a salon or anything back then..but anyway, after coming here, I learned the basics, no bleach, no heat, satin pillowcase, sleeping cap, protective hairstyles, how to properly wash and condition hair etc!

After some TLC...and lots of cutting, I managed to get it to look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/JQ5kvek.jpg

I realzied I can no longer bleach it if I want truly healthy hair. At that moment I decided to stop bleaching and see if maybe I'd be able to regain my thickness (I usually have 7" ish ponytail, but it shrunk to 3 from the damage LOL) so okay...I dyed my hair brown one last time in 2010.

Since then...I have taken care of my hair the LHC way :) All natural and treating it like delicate, antique lace! I think it took...hmm I wanna say, 3 or 4 big chops, I finally got rid of the bleach. Last November I had my DB give me one final, massive BC...and cut it to about here:

http://i.imgur.com/uwDN8Kr.jpg
That was Nov. 2013 :)

I was finally bleach free and 100% virgin hair! It felt so nice...hehe to be rid of that horrible, fried, damaged hair. After a years worth of complaining constantly (It was awful lol) I was finally freeeeee!!!!

There was still some problems...haha. My whole life..no matter what I did, my hair would be a poofy, frizzy mess. I thought I was just cursed with bad genes. I read the wavey thread and a lot of lapushka's posts and threads...and realized one day...after letting my hair air dry, and not touch it at all...I have wavey/curly hair! Now I use lapushka's WCC and LOC method, oh and I don't brush it at all anymore! (Actually, I am not sure if I typed my hair properly...lol)

Now fast forward to today :) 10 months later, and it grew 10 inches since!

http://i.imgur.com/udCngwc.jpg

I just wanted to say, thank you so much LHC...I finally am getting the hair of my dreams, and its so easy! I plan to grow to at least tailbone..and perhaps classic again :flower:

FallingDarkness
September 15th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Your natural hair color is STUNNING, and the health and the length of your hair have both improved soooo much in such a short period of time! 2 years being a short period of time, all things considered. I'm so glad that you were able to bring your hair back to its former state! :D

Arciela
September 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Oh thank you so much, FallingDarkness!!! :o It was all thanks to you guys! (I lurk a lot hehe)

If anyone can help me type my hair properly too, I would really appreciate it! I put 2b, but not really sure ^^;

Ingrid
September 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Amazing progress, Cesil!! It must feel awesome to have your hair back :D I can certainly relate to your story, and I'm so glad for your sake that your hair's condition has improved so much! :applause Good luck with growing it further!

LunaLuvsU
September 15th, 2014, 08:22 PM
absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing improvement.

Kitten1030
September 15th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Wow, what an incredible change! Your hair is beautiful, those waves!

jacqueline101
September 15th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Your hair has come along ways and your natural color is very pretty. The health and condition of your hair has improved a lot.

slynr
September 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Your persistence has certainly paid off. Its looks so gorgeous. Congratulations!!

Arciela
September 15th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Thank you so much everyone!! :flower: I am truly humbled! :)

hypersensitive
September 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM
What a dramatic change! Congrats!

blace
September 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
So beautiful! This is very inspiring.

cherrybird
September 15th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I want to echo FallingDarkness, your natural hair colour is absolutely gorgeous!

Sparklylady82
September 15th, 2014, 10:18 PM
You are very inspirational! I am growing out damage as well and you give me hope :blossom: Enjoy your beautiful wavy hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 15th, 2014, 10:27 PM
2b or not 2b? 2b, I would say, and such beautiful hair. Isn't is amazing how you can see the progress from damaged hair to glossy and healthy over the photos you have taken? Well done, your hair is beautiful! ;)

Chocowalnut
September 15th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I literally got goosebumps reading this and seeing the before and after pics. Amazing work, congratulations.

MsPharaohMoan
September 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Holy moly! Dramatic change is right. Congratulations on your new found waves, your hair looks stunning now that it's being well taken care of!

RapunzelKat
September 15th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Congrats, Cesil! :applause Your natural hair is beautiful, your hard work and patience have really paid off! :D I'm sure it will be even more gorgeous as it gets longer!

Phexlyn
September 16th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Congratulations, Cecil! Your virgin hair looks amazing and really healthy - such pretty waves! You've sacrificed quite a bit of length, but the anniversary pic shows that it was totally worth it. Enjoy your beautiful hair :toast:

YvetteVarie
September 16th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Your virgin hair looks beautiful. And the colour is just warm and rich

diddiedaisy
September 16th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, and 10 inches in 10 months!!!! Wow

Arciela
September 16th, 2014, 01:21 AM
omg guys thank you soo much!!! :flower: you are all so sweet, I cant thank you enough for your kind words! :)

Chalky
September 16th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I love post like this that prove how important and awesome this forum is! :grin: Congrats on getting your hair looking so beautiful!

Federica
September 16th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Such a huge change!
Your natural colour and texture are amazing, and your hair recovered completely and grew very fast!
Congrats and best wishes for reaching your goals!

Beezle
September 16th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Truly stunning improvement. The colour, texture and the newly discovered waves - they are all just gorgeous. Such a fantastic reward for your determination.

PennyPatrick
September 16th, 2014, 04:38 AM
WOW. Such gorgeous natural hair. Well done you! It's incredibly hard not to give into temptation for short term results, hope you make it to classic! :cheer:

Wosie
September 16th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Beautiful hair and waves! I'm happy you found out about your waviness. :) Also, many people would dye their hair to get your natural colour! Is your hair's colour completely free from any other colouring products (e.g. henna and cassia)? Stunning hair colour, either way, one of the most beautiful ones I've seen. :thud:

browneyedsusan
September 16th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Excellent work, Cesil! Your new hair looks fabulous! It grew out quickly, and looks so pretty. :)

momschicklets
September 16th, 2014, 05:50 AM
That is an astounding transformation! I can't believe how incredibly beautiful your natural hair is...just stunning! Love the pictures and your story....really, very inspiring :blossom:

EarthArtist
September 16th, 2014, 06:02 AM
WOW!!! What an amazing transformation!! Can you posy Nightshades article you mentioned? I am always interested in reading more about hair care!!

Agnes Hannah
September 16th, 2014, 06:04 AM
OMG your hair is beautiful!, I love the waves and the colour! Well done on your progress, the transformation is stunning really stunning! Can't wait to see that at classic!

lapushka
September 16th, 2014, 06:06 AM
OMG, I am blown away. The before and after are *so* different. What an improvement!!! I love your wavy texture. I'm glad you like WCC & LOC and that you're happy with the methods. My God, your hair sure is gorgeous! :D

Zesty
September 16th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, love those waves! Also I'm envious of your growth rate. ;)

Arciela
September 16th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Thank you all again!!!

Wosie - My hair is 100% free of any and all dyes (Finally!) :) No henna, cassia or dye whatsoever :)

lapushka - thank you so much! Your methods are just wonderful :flower:

TrapperCreekD
September 16th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Congrats on your progress! :hifive: The after photo is so pretty!

Santi
September 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Wow! So inspiring, Cesil! Your hair is beautiful.

Crumpet
September 16th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Your hair looks lovely now -- adore the colour and texture!

Johannah
September 16th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Such a big improvement!! Congrats!

Dickiebow
September 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Wow amazing hair. I loved reading your journey. Such a fantastic improvement in every aspect of your hair. A total inspiration. Thanks.

ghost
September 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Cesil, your hair is lovely! I really like your natural color, too. If you do end up getting it back to classic, it's going to look amazing.

Arciela
September 17th, 2014, 09:48 AM
ghost thank you! I hope I can make it there! I am guessing in about 1.5 more years or so! :flower:

Whittles308
September 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful! I know it can be hard to give up the bleach, but your hair is absolutely stunning! I am just coming off using bleach every four weeks, and I can't wait until my hair has recovered like yours! You definitely give me hope and inspiration that there is a life after bleach!

fiğrildi
September 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Wow, that's a huge improvement! And I love your natural colour :D
It is looking so healthy! At your growth rate, you'll reach your length goal, and beyond, much sooner than you expect. Congrats!!

Edelweiss
September 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Oh my God, that's so amazing.

Your natural hair color is wonderful, an that change ! Gosh I'm so impressed, your hair is so shiny and looks so healthy ! Can you tell us about your whole routine ?

Sarden
September 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Wow, this is an amazing transformation. I really appreciate when people share their stories like this - its so encouraging when you're staring out like me! You hair is gorgeous, I know it's all virgin and natural now but can I ask, do you use henna or anything or is that red all your own hair?

Also, I dream of your thickness!!!

Majormiles
September 19th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Your hair looks really healthy now! Congrats

MJ1972
September 19th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Wow, that's quite the improvement, Cesil. Congrats! Way to go. :-)

Zebra Fish
September 19th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Wow! Don't ever go back to bleaching! Your natural colour and texture are amazing! And thickness!

nikolette
September 19th, 2014, 07:33 AM
WOW awesome! Looks so beautiful !!!!

very inspiring - and did anyone ever link Nightshade's article? I looked for it and couldn't find it. Would love to read it!