PDA

View Full Version : DH's Balding Problem

swords & roses
September 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Any tips for slowing or stopping DH's hair loss? He's almost 32, and I've recently noticed his hair is thinning out at the back of his head. He's got incredible past-waist length straight hair, which he usually wears in a ponytail when he's out & about. I think if he'd ever actually keep his hair detangled (he's a bit lazy on that point, lol), the ponytail would hide a lot of the thinning for now, but there's more thinning to come, I'm sure. He seemed a little upset when I told him about the hair loss. He doesn't like the look of a ponytail on balding men. So what pointers can I offer him?

lapushka
September 15th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Saw this video yesterday, but the oil isn't all that safe (watch until the end).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBwe3WOw3I&list=UUpbnSmsoOMbEyiBVgypT3jg

Anje
September 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Honestly, I'd suggest giving a look at something like Rogaine. My DH has been using a generic one (runs about $7/month) with good effect on overall thinning and a slightly receding hairline, but it's usually more suited to people who are starting to thin in the back like your husband. It seems to work very well, honestly.

One word of warning -- it's really toxic stuff for cats. Don't get it on them or let them lick his hair or anything. (We've got 3 cats and he's used it for years with no issues, but it's something to be aware of.)

MsPharaohMoan
September 16th, 2014, 08:08 AM
So sad to hear a long haired man is losing his mane… I recommend my guy friends bbb's to increase circulation!