PDA

View Full Version : Who else has a goal length of Classic?

curlylocks85
September 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone!

My goal length is Classic. I am not sure why, but I seem to be drawn to how it looks and I'd like to see how I will look with that particular length.

Who else has this goal length in mind and why did you choose it?

lapushka
September 14th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Me. I just started a classic length by Christmas 2015 challenge thread. Why not join? :D

foreverKristin
September 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I've been flirting with the idea of growing to Classic. I chose it because I think it looks great on the members here and it seems particularly striking. I'd love to know how it would look on me.
It would take over a year for me to reach Classic, so my plan is to be patient and try it out. If it turns out to be more than I want to take care of, I'll probably just maintain around tailbone.

Jennwith4
September 14th, 2014, 05:28 PM
My goal is Classic. I've been leaning toward FTL though but we'll see how I like it once I get to classic. :)

Lapushka, going to join your challenge thread!

Becs
September 14th, 2014, 05:39 PM
My goal length is classic as well. I am just about BCL at the moment, and to me classic just seems a very pleasing length. Long, but not too long (not that lengths longer than classic aren't incredibly beautiful as well, I just think any longer than classic would be too much for me to handle personally.) Plus I think that if my hair is classic length when down my braids will reach my pants, which I have always really desired

jupiterinleo
September 14th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I do. I just wanna have a TBL braid for a little while. I don't think I'll want to go longer.
I think once I reach classic I'll cut back to TBL and probably maintain around there. I might end up liking classic though, who knows?

SnowbirdRose
September 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I would like to have a braid that reaches at least waist.

lapushka
September 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
My goal is Classic. I've been leaning toward FTL though but we'll see how I like it once I get to classic. :)

Lapushka, going to join your challenge thread!

Oooh great, the more the merrier! :D

Larki
September 14th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Well, one of my goals is classic. :p I also just really like the aesthetics of it.

Zesty
September 14th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Moi. Though now I'm like 5-6 years away from that goal, at best. I got to TBL last time, which was my goal, and then cut to collarbone for other reasons. But I think classic is beautiful, and it's the "wow" length for many people. The long braid doesn't hurt, either. I'm hoping that I can wrap my braid around my head someday, but classic might still be too short for that, who knows (I have a big head! lol).

Wosie
September 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I'm also attempting to grow my hair until it reaches classic length. Personally I think it's the most beautiful hair length, it looks ethereal to me (along with fingertip length, which I might go for too, but I'm pretty sure that'd be my last stop if so :o). I think my hair will be able to do it too so I'm looking forward to see what the future brings. :)

DreamSheep
September 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I quite like the idea of achieving classic. Part of me would like to grow to terminal (if my terminal length exceeds classic of course), and then perhaps cut back to classic or fingertip, or whichever has been my favourite length until then.

I think classic has the name due to being the "classic" length, which looks particularly aesthetically pleasing based on where it lies on the body.

Sparklylady82
September 14th, 2014, 06:49 PM
My end goal is terminal, so I hope to reach classic. I think I will ;-) I probably have 3-4 years to reach it though depending on my growth rate. I'm not sure how many inches a year I grow yet!

vicvic
September 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Hmm, classic length hair...my sis says that's too long, that's when it's "weird". I think that's just when it gets noticed!

Ok, it's official. I'm going for classic.

I can't tell you all how much you inspire me! I have never had long hair, despite the fact that my hair seems to grow faster than average. I never knew how to take care of it, and I just didn't like how it looked. I've been wearing my beautiful curls straightened almost my whole life! The poor things. I'm so happy I found the lhc, and now know how to take care of my curls. My hair is so much happier now! I can't wait to see it as it gets longer!!

burny
September 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM
my current goal is classic, but I think once I get there, and after learning more stuff, I might want to grow longer, and/or maintain that length to improve the quality of my length. Kind of worried that past classic would be irritating though, because I always have my hair down But I'm hoping to learn how to do it up, while learning to take care of it properly.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 14th, 2014, 07:50 PM
My current goal is Classic, though the closer I get, the more I am thinking to grow longer. But for the moment anyway, classic it is!

Laura_F
September 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM
This is my end goal as well. It will definitely be a while before I get there though as I'm currently 2-3 inches away from waist.

hannabiss
September 14th, 2014, 08:44 PM
It's so cool many want classic. I kinda feel like a copy cat now. :kitten:

rowie
September 14th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Me! I'm at hip+ and it feels like it will take me forever as usual since I'm tall.

captaincrunch
September 14th, 2014, 09:29 PM
My goal is terminal. Currently I'm at TBL.

Marika
September 14th, 2014, 11:40 PM
I sort of have classic as my goal... Now my goal is TBL but that's more because I'm planning to maintain there to thicken up the ends. That's probably going to take some time. I've been TBL before but never longer and that's why I'm playing with the idea of growing to classic. I don't think I could grow a lot longer than that, although knee would be very cool! :)

Kome
September 15th, 2014, 12:04 AM
I DID.... but then I cut off all my hair six months ago. Now I'm barely APL. I still would like it classic length at some point though, but my hair tapers so much so I dunno. Definitely growing it back out though. Classic length is so pretty!

dottodot
September 15th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I’m shooting for classic length as well! Why not go for something traditional? I’m sure I won’t stop at classic length though; my long hair fever is rising. I can't wait to wake up one morning, letting my hair down and seeing I've reached my goal. (This realization will be proceeded by celebratory muffins for everyone, of course.) I have about 2, maybe 3, years until classic unfortunately but I am very excited for the journey! In the mean time I will be perfecting my braiding skills and bookmarking long hair style tutorials on Youtube..

SongofLove
September 15th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Classic was my goal when I joined LHC and I hit it this year, but now I'm wondering whether to maintain here or to try to go for mid-thigh. I do think that Classic is a very aesthetically pleasing length because it's about half of the person's full height generally.

dogzdinner
September 15th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Im aiming for classic too. Just seems like a really great length with the wow factor, but not long enough to become difficult to manage. I have quite fine hair so I think classic would make it easier to do alot of the buns I see mentioned.
oh, and anything that helps to hide my enormous bottom cant be bad! :D

KittyBird
September 15th, 2014, 01:50 AM
I do! Originally I wanted to grow to terminal, but the combination of very sensitive scalp and thick, heavy hair is not a good one.. I'm nearly at classic now, and I'm actually pretty happy with my length, so classic will be perfect I think. :)

CitrusGirrl
September 15th, 2014, 02:51 AM
I love the idea of classic, and have never had hair that long before. I'm only WL at the moment though so have ages to go!

Quahatundightu
September 15th, 2014, 03:38 AM
I would love to get to classic if my hair cooperates and doesn't thin out too much. I's only 10cm away but that's more than 2 years growth for me so I'm not sure I have the patience! I am maintaining for thicker ends right now and will have to thick about whether I should grow on or not.

Emanuelle
September 15th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Me :) well it's my goal length for dry hair. To reach that, I need mid-thigh length for my wet hair.

I also think classic is simply a very beautiful length. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 15th, 2014, 04:08 AM
There certainly are plenty of people wanting to grow to classic!

ClassicAim
September 15th, 2014, 06:41 AM
My goal is also classic and by my very conservative estimates (to avoid disappointment) it will take me up to 6-7 years to get there from my current Armpit length. I choose this goal for various reasons including:
- I have very voluminous curls that are in a twist out (or twists) 99% of the time which is still rather big hair. At classic length my curls in a twist out would look between hip and tailbone which I think would be a nice length.
- I could have my 'secret' that my hair is classic length despite it looking shorter
- I am short so I think anything longer than classic could overcome me, especially with how big and curly it is.
- I don't think I could handle the detangling sessions on anything longer
- it would completely cover my boobs
- When i wash my hair i would have enough shrinkage for my hair not to be all up in my 'bottom private places' (both sides)