PDA

View Full Version : Classic length by Christmas 2015!

Pages : [1] 2

lapushka
September 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM
A little early, but who's in? :D

I'm participating in the TBL by Christmas 2014 thread, and it looks as if I'm going to achieve that goal as it's September now and I'm about 1 to 2 fingerwidths from TBL. I'm wanting to continue my year of no-trimming and so I'm going to slip into a classic by 2015 thread.

So... who else is wanting to achieve classic length by Christmas 2015?

Jennwith4
September 14th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Me, Me! :waving: I should *crossing fingers* hit TBL by Christmas this year, only 2" left to grow. So I should be able to reach Classic by CHRISTMAS 2015. Should we do monthly length photos starting in January?

Beborani
September 14th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I seem to be gaining 5 inches a year after accounting for cuts, trims, breakage and seeing as I am about 5 inches away, I should be there barring other health issues.

lapushka
September 14th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Me, Me! :waving: I should *crossing fingers* hit TBL by Christmas this year, only 2" left to grow. So I should be able to reach Classic by CHRISTMAS 2015. Should we do monthly length photos starting in January?

You could! I'm not going to do monthly shots though... to me it's like watching water boil. ;)

TrapperCreekD
September 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Ooh, this is a dangerous thread! I'm suddenly tempted, even though I promised myself to hover around TBL for a while to get rid of some damage. :whistle:

DreamSheep
September 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I want to I want to!

Although I don't know if I will reach the goal by the end of next year, I'm hoping to hit BCL by Christmas this year (which is not too far off because my back is quite arched, but I feel traversing over my rump is going to take longer than just a year (and a bit) - but I think I will hang round this thread anyway to see nice manes and have hopes of reaching the same length. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 14th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Ooh, I'll be in! You have to be in to win, right? I hope to be classic - at least stretched, anyway - by then. Currently I am 3 inches from TBL. Hoping to reach TBL by this Christmas, then on to classic ;)

Becs
September 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'll jump in here. I'm about BCL right now, so maybe I could reach classic by Christmas 2015? Maybe?? I am doing a bit of microtrimming but not enough to set me back significantly in terms of length. It is exciting to think that I could potentially reach my goal length by the end of next year :D

Nightamin
September 15th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Same here! I might hit BCL by Christmas since it's September but I'm reaaaally hoping for classic by Christmas 2015! Might be wishful thinking, though. >.<

hanne jensen
September 15th, 2014, 06:59 AM
I'll be cheering you on. I've only just reached BSL, so there's no way I can join. I wish...

lapushka
September 15th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I'll be cheering you on. I've only just reached BSL, so there's no way I can join. I wish...

Support along the lines is great, and who knows. It might encourage you to trim less and grow longer. ;)

StellaKatherine
September 15th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I am FULL IN!!!!!!!! If everything goes as planned, I will have as combed hair classic lenght at this time next year. But as wavy christmas time :D Super excited!

StellaKatherine
September 15th, 2014, 08:44 AM

No photoshots from me eather, at least not much... Last time felt so super depressing when my waves eat 3 month of growing and made my hair look even shorter than 3 month ago hahaha Will put photos times to times ;)

lapushka
September 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Great you guys. It's beginning to feel a little bit cozy in here. ;) :D :thumbsup:

lunalocks
September 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
OK, I'm in. I have 3 to 4 inches to go, but may cave and do some trimming on these thinnish ends, which will make classic be about a year from now.

Jennwith4
September 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM
No photoshots from me eather, at least not much... Last time felt so super depressing when my waves eat 3 month of growing and made my hair look even shorter than 3 month ago hahaha Will put photos times to times ;)

StellaKatherine, now that I've stopped brushing out my waves I've lost visual inches. :( boo! Hoping that I'll be at classic next Christmas without stretching.

laceyfairy
September 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I'm just barely at hip not, so hopefully I can make it to classic by then!

lapushka
September 15th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm just barely at hip not, so hopefully I can make it to classic by then!

You might. Don't give up hope, just join the challenge. ;)

ChrissieM
September 15th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I think I can join this challenge. Classic for me is 45 inches, I'm at 39 right now. I'm not planning any major trims so I think I will make it if my hair wants to make it that far. My goal right now is to get to classic length and then maybe cut back to hip or tailbone depending on which length I like better.

laceyfairy
September 15th, 2014, 05:51 PM
You might. Don't give up hope, just join the challenge. ;)

I subscribed to the thread and will definitely join

ghost
September 16th, 2014, 01:32 AM
I'm fairly certain I can get there! I should be a little past tailbone by the end of this year, so classic by christmas seems doable if I stretch my microtrims.

Quahatundightu
September 16th, 2014, 06:10 AM
According to my calculations I might be able to get close to classic by then. I meant to continue maintaining but it's very tempting. I will subscribe while I think about it ;) I'm more likely to reach it by the end of 2016 but this thread is sure to provide motivation!

StellaKatherine
September 16th, 2014, 06:58 AM
StellaKatherine, now that I've stopped brushing out my waves I've lost visual inches. :( boo! Hoping that I'll be at classic next Christmas without stretching.

I think I developed love/hate relationship with my hair :D

hanne jensen
September 28th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I'm sending growing vibes to all on this thread.

AlKhazzaR
September 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I am joining too! Right now I'm at tailbone length when stretched, I want classic unstretched till end of next year. Keeping my thumbs up for everyone!

erizabesu
September 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'll join. Right now I'm just short of BCL stretched, so classic stretched by next Christmas doesn't seem unreasonable.

Jennwith4
October 17th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Updated my length photo today.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13903&d=1413590705

CurlyCap
October 18th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I have no idea if I'm in. My hair is past BCL now, but I also have a big butt! :p

Might take more than a year to pass the great slopes.

Tini'sNewHair
October 18th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Im in!!! My hair grows 2cm (1inch) per month with a random growth spurt here and there so I think its possible. I'm about 3 inches from tbl right now, jusst passed hip :-D

Night_Kitten
October 18th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I'm in too :)
Right now I'm at tailbone, and last time it took me under a year to get from tailbone to classic, but as I plan to microtrim along the way this time I think the end of 2015 would be a more reasonable bet...

MidnightMoon
October 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13903&d=1413590705

Wow...*drools all over hair*
Your hair is amazing!
Is the first photo with braidwaves or the second one straightened? :p

lapushka
October 18th, 2014, 08:36 AM

Aren't you almost there or just *there*? :hmm: :)

Oh, and welcome to the new participants! :D

Komao
October 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Support along the lines is great, and who knows. It might encourage you to trim less and grow longer. ;)

That statement is so true. TBL is about 5" for me. I don't think I'll make it by XMAS but it sure helped me to keep away from scissors and therefore grow longer! So I'll be cheering you all on too and joining as soon as I can. :)

Jennwith4
October 18th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Oops double post.

Jennwith4
October 18th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Wow...*drools all over hair*
Your hair is amazing!
Is the first photo with braidwaves or the second one straightened? :p

Thank you, Midnightmoon, the first is my natural waves, A pic from June. The second is blow dried straight, this past week. :)

Aren't you almost there or just *there*? :hmm: :)

Oh, and welcome to the new participants! :D

Lapushka, I have another 6 inches to grow before I reach Classic. And on average my hair grows .5" per month so definitely next year by Christmas 2015 with micro trims to keep the hemline even.

lapushka
October 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Lapushka, I have another 6 inches to grow before I reach Classic. And on average my hair grows .5" per month so definitely next year by Christmas 2015 with micro trims to keep the hemline even.

Wow, well I was way off. Sorry! Happy growing! ;)

lunalocks
October 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Jennwith4, that is some wonderful hair! Love you natural texture.

I had only 1/4 inch growth last month. Please, no stalls! I have never really measured month by month before so maybe this is what usually happens.

I will join in wishing every one happy growing!

MidnightMoon
October 19th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Jennwith4 it's lovely ^^. I do prefer your natural texture, despite the length that comes from straightening, it looks longer and more abundant in the first pic, like a princess's hair.

MidnightMoon
October 19th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I think I'm going to join the challege :p
I am already at tailbone, and despite having waves and a slow growing hair I think I can make it.
I will need ~8 inches to get from tailbone to classic but in 14 months that seems doable, plus, I'm counting on waves stretching even more from the weight, or I could just pull my hair a bit in case I'm not there with it untouched:p

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I need about 6 inches. My mom measured a few hours ago. So it's going to be the same challenge as the hip to TBL challenge for me. That was 6 inches within a year as well, and I made it to TBL before the end of the year. So yeah, there is hope for me getting to classic before 2015 is over.

StellaKatherine
October 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM

You have some truely amazing hair ! :crush:

TrapperCreekD
October 19th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Nooo, don't tempt me! :scared: Stretched, I'm only a couple inches away from Classic. *picks up microtrim & maintain chant*

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Nooo, don't tempt me! :scared: Stretched, I'm only a couple inches away from Classic. *picks up microtrim & maintain chant*

Oh yes, we are tempting you, with cheese :cheese: and chocolate :chocolate:, to please please come grow with us to classic. I hear your hair is begging for another year of no-trims. ;) :D

cathair
October 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Screw it, count me in :) I need about another 3-ish inches for my longest bit of hair to get the stretched. I might trim next year, but it won't be till next October if I do, which is a whole year away now. Hard to get my head round even thinking about classic length when my goal is for it to be TBL wavy by May, but it might just be possible.

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Yay, cathair, welcome! :D

Dessi
October 19th, 2014, 01:17 PM
This may happen to me.. Well, at least I hope. :D I have 7 inches to go before Classic so.. why not. :D I'm in! :D

FireFromWithin
October 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I want to join so badly but I promised myself I'd maintain at TBL when I got there, I'm BCL wet right now and hip plus dry (silly hair becoming curlier and making it look shorter as it gets longer). Still hoping to be properly BCL/TBL (they are pretty much the same on me really) by christmas this year so if I didn't maintain I could maybe make classic by next year. It's so very very temping! I will wait until January and see what state my hair is in, I still want to get rid of the last of the bleach on the ends before I get to any very long lengths as I don't think my hair will survive well otherwise.

There's so much amazing hair here, I'm jelous.

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the thread, Dessi! FireFromWithin, you have plenty of time to decide what you want to do, if you're not simultaneously doing the no-trimming challenge for 2015; in any case January is plenty far away to decide. You could always do a small trim in January, then continue to grow to classic. Welcome to the thread! :D

cathair
October 19th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Yay, cathair, welcome! :D

Thanks lapushka :bounce:

Jennwith4
October 19th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Lunalocks & Midnightmoon, thank you! I've found I much prefer my natural texture too! I think it's so much more fun to have wavy hair! Plus it hides those nasty uneven layers that go from BSL to MBL. Glad you both are joining in on this challenge!

Thank you, Stellakatherine!

PennyQuin
October 20th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I will join too. I'm a very short person and CL for me is about 7 inches (this year got 8 inches of brand new hair). I'm between WL and HL and there is 2 months left this year so... Lets do it!

lapushka
October 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Welcome, PennyQuin! Hope you get a lot of growth for the remainder of this year, and the next! :)

fairy_hair
October 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'm about two or three inches away from tailbone... I would be lucky to get to tailbone by christmas this year, but I hope I will be classic by christmas 2015!:D I really think it will take two years, really, though :'(

lapushka
October 20th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm about two or three inches away from tailbone... I would be lucky to get to tailbone by christmas this year, but I hope I will be classic by christmas 2015!:D I really think it will take two years, really, though :'(

Yes, come on, you'll make it! :D

ghost
October 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I'm already pretty close to BCL!!! If I get there by or shortly after this December, I'm sure I'll get to classic by the end of next year :)

Voqque
October 20th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I wish I could join! I have to chop all my hair off to my shoulders because I fried it. But good luck ladies! I hope you make it:)

TrapperCreekD
October 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Oh yes, we are tempting you, with cheese :cheese: and chocolate :chocolate:, to please please come grow with us to classic. I hear your hair is begging for another year of no-trims. ;) :D

Hmm, I could maintain for the first six months then join the dark side and still probably make it by Christmas... :eyebrows:

lapushka
October 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Hmm, I could maintain for the first six months then join the dark side and still probably make it by Christmas... :eyebrows:

Mmm, tempting. :D Yes, why not! :thumbsup:

gardengirl13
October 22nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
OK I'm back on this forum after a few hiatuses for basically what amounts to the same reason. My health. I started here years ago and went from 17" to 34" in a fairly quick time frame. Then due to health reasons I chopped it off to my chin, then promptly cried. With the medications I was on it took two (yes 2!!) years to get to my shoulders!!!! I, at this point was still crying over it. Ok, not really, but very nostalgic at least! Then the medications stopped working, bad for me, good for my hair! It went from chin to almost TBL in less then 2 years, back to my normal growth! Since then I've been doing slight trims, then went back on a new medication and again it stopped growing. In that time I got annoyed and started bleaching and dyeing my hair blue. I loved it! hip length blue hair REALLY attracts attention, surprisingly none of it bad! Fast forward to now. Again the medication stopped working, and my hair grew roots in less then a week!! I dyed it a light brown (my natural color is dark blonde) in the hopes it'll get healthier again. It's not, and really feeling fairly crappy. So with my old tricks back I'm switching from perm. to demi color until I can grow it out a bit more. It's feeling better but right at ear length it's feeling weird, so I plan on doing more treatments more leave-ins and more coconut oil. I only wash once a week and bun it most days due to the oil. but it will get better. I needed to get back on here and get serious. I have always wanted to get to CL, which if I remember is 40" on me. I think!! I'll have to whip out the tape measure for the first time in years! I think this thread will get me back on track and get my hair into better shape again! As much as I loved the blue and the platinum blonde, demi's will now be my life. And yes it took me years to figure this out, my hair hates shampoo. It's very fine and thin, oily at the scalp and dry 2" down from it. So the only thing that my hair likes is dying it and using shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. I hate doing it. But my hair is also a gray blonde so I also like it for that reason. I have tried MANY different shampoos, CO, WO, etc... nothing but this works. I'm just hoping it'll work ok with the demi. So far it's been about 2-3 weeks and it's doing ok. I have a bit of growth, but no length added since I chopped off about 5" total in the last 2 months trying to get rid of the bleach damage. I'm not sure I'll make classic by next christmas, but I'm willing to try. Failing won't hurt anything, so I'm not overly worried. But it'll be fun to try!

lapushka
October 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the thread, gardengirl13! :)

hanne jensen
October 24th, 2014, 01:50 AM
I'm sending growing vibes to all of you. Grow, hair, grow!

Dragon Faery
October 24th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Ooh yay! I'm in! DH measured for me tonight, and I'm at 36" DRY with wurly air-dried hair. Classic is 43" on me, so I think if I keep my health up this year and do my scalp massages I might actually make it! :D

lapushka
October 24th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Welcome, Dragon Faery, 36 to 43, you might make it, yes (without trimming). Does that mean you'll join the no trimming challenge for 2015 too? :D

Katrina
October 26th, 2014, 05:26 AM
I'm in. I just reached TBL (37"/94 cm) and classic on me is 43"/110 cm.

I'll trim though, but not much...

Selkie-
November 1st, 2014, 02:46 AM

Wow, absolutely stunning hair Jennwith4!!

I am only at 32 inches myself so I don't think I have any chance of reaching classic by next Christmas but I will still be stalking this thread for all the pretty pictures!! :D

Ceridwen Iris
November 2nd, 2014, 09:27 PM
I'll give it a go. I'm tailbone-ish (not entirely sure actually) so could probably make it.

Ingrid
November 2nd, 2014, 09:52 PM
My hair is about 1,5cm away from TBL when wet so I think I might join this thread :) Hopefully I'll reach Classic next year!

prettyinpink
November 3rd, 2014, 08:21 AM
I am so in! (:

StellaKatherine
November 3rd, 2014, 08:27 AM
Last measurement 41 inches length, and I am not even close to classic.. hahaha :D

Rio040113
November 5th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Count me in! I'm at solid TBL, 38", right now. Classic is ~42" inches for me, so 4" in a year (of no trims!) seems pretty dang doable to me :D

JadedByEntropy
November 9th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Ooo000ooo i'm 36dry and need 43" too. :D lets do this!

MidnightMoon
November 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM
I finally took a decent photo of my hair today. If you notice my right hand, about fingertip length is classic for me (yes, big butt :p). Do you think I'll make it? I was wearing a braid but it wasn't too tight, and my hair is wavy naturally, so this is almost what it would look like anyway.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah72/black_wizard/20141110_095404_zps6e82bdcd.jpg (http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/black_wizard/media/20141110_095404_zps6e82bdcd.jpg.html)

JadedByEntropy
November 10th, 2014, 09:44 AM
nvmd *delete*

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
MidnightMoon, looks certainly possible!

Welcome to all who's new here! :D

MidnightMoon
November 10th, 2014, 10:30 AM
*crosses fingers* I think this will be a no trim year...I really want to get there!

Ceridwen Iris
November 10th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Midnight moon - my hair is pretty much the same length, with the same distance so hopefully we'll both get there.

Allie_snowflake
November 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Count me in! I've got about 8" to go. I'm about .5" from BCL stretched. I thin I average .5-.75" a month so I should make it. Don't know about no trims yet. I trimmed maybe 1.5" over the course of my time here but I'm not going to trim that much now.

I have ulterior motives for growing as long and as fast as I can.... There's a new employee where I work and she has waist length, seriously layered hair. She's never seen mine down and I want to shock her. She thinks hers is extremely long. But I don't think BCL (or just short of it) is shocking yet :)

JadedByEntropy
November 10th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I have ulterior motives for growing as long and as fast as I can.... There's a new employee where I work and she has waist length, seriously layered hair. She's never seen mine down and I want to shock her. She thinks hers is extremely long. But I don't think BCL (or just short of it) is shocking yet :)
:justy:
:rolleyes: That will be fun. Do a nice big hair flip for all of us when you do.

MidnightMoon
November 11th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Midnight moon - my hair is pretty much the same length, with the same distance so hopefully we'll both get there.

Great, so you'll be my hair pal hahah. I hope we can make it! I already committed to no trimming 2015 :D

thunderlilies
November 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I'm in! I'm just past tailbone right now. I *should* be able to reach classic by next Christmas!!

Quahatundightu
November 15th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I decided to join!! I may not quite make it given my slow growth rate but I've decided to aim for classic and microtrim once I get there. I will microtrim a little throughout the year as well, since I find it vastly improves the quality of my ends. I only have about 8cm /3" to go but that is usually more than a year's growth for me when trims are included. I just can't resist finally aiming for classic :D

AmyBeth
November 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I've been on the fence about joining this thread since it started in September. My hair grows so slowly! I'm at TBL if I stretch my waves and hold my head just right (that counts, doesn't it?). I'm kind of shell shocked because pre LHC, I grew my hair for so many years and never even got to WL, with only really ratty ends. I still have the mind set of being some kind of genetic freak whose hair just won't grow! I know LHC has helped me get this long, and maybe I'll get to classic, which is really beyond my wildest dreams! I do have to microtrim, or I don't get more length nearly as quickly. I know it grows because I have to keep hendigo-ing my roots, but I don't get any increase in length when not trimming. I have quite a few inches of pre-LHC chemical dye and higlights and I think that damage slows me down somewhat. I'm at 38 inches and only need 4 more to be at classic. Only 4 inches, but it feels like it may as well be miles and miles. Still, I never ever thought I'd get to TBL and yet here I am! So I'm in for classic by Christmas 2015. I think I can, I think I can.... And I'll be cheering you all on even if I come up short (pun intended).

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Yay, the more the merrier!

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I think I have another 6 inches to go. Classic is my final destination so if I continue to not shed anymore then maybe it will be possible. Let me know if I belong here instead of the "BCL by Christmas 2015." I'm not happy with my hemline and so I figured once I reach classic is when I'll maintain for awhile.

http://i.imgur.com/TTLC5qxl.jpg

DragonAngel
November 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Yep I am on this road too, started a thread on until I realised its already here :rolleyes: still finding my feet on this site. Anyway I have set myself the goal of a minimum 6" until I reach classic wooohooooooo. I am fairly hopeful that will be achieveable for xmas 2015 though I may be tempted to have a tiny, eeeensy, weeeensy trim just to get rid of the straggly bits.

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I think I have another 6 inches to go. Classic is my final destination so if I continue to not shed anymore then maybe it will be possible. Let me know if I belong here instead of the "BCL by Christmas 2015." I'm not happy with my hemline and so I figured once I reach classic is when I'll maintain for awhile.

http://i.imgur.com/TTLC5qxl.jpg

Seems to me it's obvious you reached BCL already. ;) So on to classic it is.

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Yep I am on this road too, started a thread on until I realised its already here :rolleyes: still finding my feet on this site. Anyway I have set myself the goal of a minimum 6" until I reach classic wooohooooooo. I am fairly hopeful that will be achieveable for xmas 2015 though I may be tempted to have a tiny, eeeensy, weeeensy trim just to get rid of the straggly bits.

Yay, a newbie to this thread as well! It sounds like we are in a similar situation. At this point I think I'll continue to bun and ignore. I'll probably S&D when necessary. At least I'll finally be able to maintain and thicken my hemline if I can only reach this! It sounds exciting though to think of the prospect of finally being at classic by next Christmas.:joy:

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Seems to me it's obvious you reached BCL already. ;) So on to classic it is.

Thanks lapushka!:flower: all I can do is push forward and continue with babying my hair. I'm excited to be here with your aproval. :happydance:

DragonAngel
November 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Yay, a newbie to this thread as well! It sounds like we are in a similar situation. At this point I think I'll continue to bun and ignore. I'll probably S&D when necessary. At least I'll finally be able to maintain and thicken my hemline if I can only reach this! It sounds exciting though to think of the prospect of finally being at classic by next Christmas.:joy:

I know I have always looked in envy at people with hair over their bum and so this is going to be quite an achievement yayyy go us !!:cheer:

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM
It sure is exciting dragonAngel. With this kind of length it will open up more possibilities for more intricate updos. I think that is why it's my goal length. I'm also having good success using mineral oil whenever my ends feels dry. I love these types of oils since they are so light and you only need a drop or two. For this season and especially this winter I've added sweet almond oils for days when it will be really dry and cold. I don't like to use sweet almond oil because it's too moisturizing for me that it accentuates my wavy hair. I have a much harder time with detangling my hair when it becomes super wavy from humidity or certain oils. Maybe someone in here knows another oil that is very moisturizing but doesn't really accentuate waves or curls?

http://i.imgur.com/acOy61nl.jpg

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Maybe someone in here knows another oil that is very moisturizing but doesn't really accentuate waves or curls?

http://i.imgur.com/acOy61nl.jpg

Maybe try the mineral oil. Should be okay. I think. I haven't noticed it accenting my waviness, but then I wear it wavy, so it's near to impossible to tell, really. But you could try? I would use a sparse amount, though.

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Anyone on here view classic as "just" a transition to longer lengths? For now classic was and is my only real goal length. It's what I've been growing towards, without any ideas of growing longer.

How about you? Is classic your final length or just a transition?

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Maybe try the mineral oil. Should be okay. I think. I haven't noticed it accenting my waviness, but then I wear it wavy, so it's near to impossible to tell, really. But you could try? I would use a sparse amount, though.
Thanks! Yes the mineral oil definitely has no affect with making my hair even more wavy since I only use one or two drops. I think I might also go back to virgin coconut oil as I remember a long time ago it used to smoothen out my hair. I just stopped using it cause it made my hair feel crunchy if I use too much. Now that I think about it, it shouldn't matter anymore since I always wear my hair in a bun anyways.

Anyone on here view classic as "just" a transition to longer lengths? For now classic was and is my only real goal length. It's what I've been growing towards, without any ideas of growing longer.

Right now classic length is my final goal. I really want to do a major trim when I'm a little longer than classic so that I can retain the length. As a person with multi texture hairs that range from 1c-2c detangling hair I find takes longer the longer the hair gets! I say it's hard because I like to detangle carefully so that I don't hear any snapping or to avoid making any knots worse. I think for people with wavy and even curly hair it's a nightmare to detangle on a daily basis as hair gets longer. I'm not sure if I want to grow longer because I already have friends who have mid thigh and knee length. They told me a lot of their complaints and I just don't know if I can commit to that level of care they put into their hair. Maybe who knows, maybe if I see pictures of you in those length then maybe I get inspired. However, when I reach classic I think I'll take a small break from growing length and instead focus on thickening my hemline before I assess whether I want to grow longer. I have a feeling that by the time I reach classic my hemline will look horrible. :laugh:

JadedByEntropy
November 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM
It sure is exciting dragonAngel. With this kind of length it will open up more possibilities for more intricate updos. I think that is why it's my goal length. I'm also having good success using mineral oil whenever my ends feels dry. I love these types of oils since they are so light and you only need a drop or two. For this season and especially this winter I've added sweet almond oils for days when it will be really dry and cold. I don't like to use sweet almond oil because it's too moisturizing for me that it accentuates my wavy hair. I have a much harder time with detangling my hair when it becomes super wavy from humidity or certain oils. Maybe someone in here knows another oil that is very moisturizing but doesn't really accentuate waves or curls?

I'm in the same boat. Dry and Cold. I will try the sweet almond oil though, because i have (many) issues with my current oil. It advertizes shine more than moisture. :/

Oooh tough one. I uh... hmmm
If i can get past it, then i'll be very happy. If i can't, it'll be still beyond average for my area and very lovely. I've never had longer than BCL, and even that was when i was 6-8. Classic is very impressive to me, but it's only a stage i have to get past at the moment. Once i find terminal though, if its not a length i'm happy with, i will return to classic. Its the last semi-normal length before the assumptions about vanity go off the charts.
I still haven't ruled out that 6" curly poof that hasn't left my system though. Still exploring i guess.

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I'm in the same boat. Dry and Cold. I will try the sweet almond oil though, because i have (many) issues with my current oil. It advertizes shine more than moisture. :/

Oooh tough one. I uh... hmmm
If i can get past it, then i'll be very happy. If i can't, it'll be still beyond average for my area and very lovely. I've never had longer than BCL, and even that was when i was 6-8. Classic is very impressive to me, but it's only a stage i have to get past at the moment. Once i find terminal though, if its not a length i'm happy with, i will return to classic. Its the last semi-normal length before the assumptions about vanity go off the charts.
I still haven't ruled out that 6" curly poof that hasn't left my system though. Still exploring i guess.

Thanks! I definitely will alternate my use depending on how cold it gets. When it's a snowy day I'll use my almond oil. I figured the benefits will be worth it and it shouldn't matter since my hair will be in a bun. I'll take the benefits over texture I suppose.

I like how you think. I have to agree with you in that classic length in my area is not the norm. I've only seen one person with a long braid that was a little past classic. The norm in my area is apl and bsl. It makes me feel good to know that even if I decide to maintain at classic, at least I won't be in the norm in my town, and also I'll really be different because I'm a man with classic length. Maybe this length and longer is the norm at LHC, but in the real world, I think it's different. I can only hope your terminal will be floor length and beyond. ;) I'll send that out to the hair fairy as a wish for you.

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I wonder if we should all do a once a month length check? I remember the best thread I participated in was the shoulder to apl thread. We used to have what we call the towel test Tuesday only on the first month of a Tuesday. It was so fun to see the progress and once your hair touches the towel then that was the time you graduated from the thread. Hmmm I wonder if something like that could be implemented here on this thread so that we have a means of checking in on progress. Maybe growing at the level we are all in maybe make it a every 2 months, 3 months? I don't know. It would at least get some pics in here so that we all can be entertained to help pass off time. Or maybe we can do something like the updo for the month? Exploring updos? Something, I don't know. But I am thinking, on Christmas week we should all post length pics regardless if the goal is met or not.

ETA: I don't know how these goal threads ends. Is there like a party of pics? Or maybe I'll donate a hair toy we can all raffle in the end. I guess people will just leave and graduate when the goal has been met so I'm guessing a big party of some sort wouldn't work since there will be lucky people in here who will reach class at an earlier date.

MsPharaohMoan
November 16th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Monthly updates here sound like fun! We could cheer each other on :)

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Monthly updates here sound like fun! We could cheer each other on :)

Ok I'm game with this. :thumbsup: who else is game. Hmmm I'm thinking it should be what first day of the month?
"Classic-tastic Tuesday." ? I don't know? Unless someone comes up with a creative name or theme. Kinda hard to think of one for the goal of classic!:lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 16th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I'm not in this thread yet - boo-hoo... but Classic is my final goal at the moment. If I can reach Classic and still have hair in good condition, particularly the ends, with not too much taper, I ....may.... consider growing longer, just out of curiosity. Classic is another year or two away for me yet so I have plenty of time to ponder goals.

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not in this thread yet - boo-hoo... but Classic is my final goal at the moment. If I can reach Classic and still have hair in good condition, particularly the ends, with not too much taper, I ....may.... consider growing longer, just out of curiosity. Classic is another year or two away for me yet so I have plenty of time to ponder goals.

Oh why not hang out with us anyways! It's going to be a lot of fun!!;) I thought you were already at tailbone length? Still, I'm not happy with my hemline and I'm joining anyways since my final goal is classic. Even if I'm assuming that my hemline will be horrible by the time I reach classic, I don't care since it's my final goal. Once at classic I can work on my hemline since I plan to maintain at that length for awhile. I'm also trying to think positive Saralabyrinth, a lot can happen in a year. I'm hopeful that there are positive factors that outweigh my fears such as sudden growth burst during the summer, etc. One way or another I think what I'll enjoy most about this thread is the support and company of y'all. :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 16th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Is this an invitation, rowie? I am at TBL wet and stretched.... If you think I should, I will join this thread, though I doubt that I will reach Classic in 2015 even without trimming. At least I will be so many inches closer, and one can always put shed hairs under one's pillow to encourage the magic hair growth fairy....right? :)

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Is this an invitation, rowie? I am at TBL wet and stretched.... If you think I should, I will join this thread, though I doubt that I will reach Classic in 2015 even without trimming. At least I will be so many inches closer, and one can always put shed hairs under one's pillow to encourage the magic hair growth fairy....right? :)

Hey I think moral support is key since all of us in here want to be at classic. We can do this!:cheer: what's one year compared to all the years all of us has been growing out our hairs. Seems like one year is nothing if we all have been growing out hair for this long right? I bolded out what I thought was important to me and hits my thoughts as well. This is my thinking as well, regardless of the outcome the goal is to at least get closer or on that length. I feel like it will be easier to maintain rather than growing hair. Even if the worst case scenario for me is that I only have a few strands that makes it to classic, at least I'll have the ease and comfort knowing that I can trim and maintain at that length until I'm happy with my hemline. Although, I'm saying for right now I don't want to grow longer than classic, something tells me that if I can ever be happy with my hemline, it might be possible for me to explore the avenue of "curiosity" you have for the longer lengths.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 16th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Well, you are quite right. What's one year in the great scheme of things. Plus the years are going by SO QUICKLY. Which can only be a good thing when we long for our hair goals :) Gotta think positive and encourage one another.

JadedByEntropy
November 16th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Hey I think moral support is key since all of us in here want to be at classic. We can do this!:cheer: what's one year compared to all the years all of us has been growing out our hairs. Seems like one year is nothing if we all have been growing out hair for this long right? I bolded out what I thought was important to me and hits my thoughts as well. This is my thinking as well, regardless of the outcome the goal is to at least get closer or on that length. I feel like it will be easier to maintain rather than growing hair. Even if the worst case scenario for me is that I only have a few strands that makes it to classic, at least I'll have the ease and comfort knowing that I can trim and maintain at that length until I'm happy with my hemline. Although, I'm saying for right now I don't want to grow longer than classic, something tells me that if I can ever be happy with my hemline, it might be possible for me to explore the avenue of "curiosity" you have for the longer lengths.

exactly that. ^^ I'm going to try to only S&D through '15 because regardless of my hem, terminal fairy-tail ends are going to be the so called.. 'stringy' anyways. Might as well get used to it being thin, right? :D I'm pretty sure i can make it from BCL with a good year. I'm forbidding it to slow down on me at this point.
Lets do this! :toast:

erizabesu
November 16th, 2014, 10:05 PM

My current plan is to grow to terminal, so I have no idea where I'll end up. I'm pretty excited for classic because I see it as my first major milestone. When I decided to grow my hair out, classic was the shortest length that I could imagine.

lapushka
November 17th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Maybe who knows, maybe if I see pictures of you in those length then maybe I get inspired.

I posted pics at TBL. Next stop is pictures at classic. ;) It's hard for me to get pictures taken, so I usually take it milestone per milestone.

I wonder if we should all do a once a month length check? I remember the best thread I participated in was the shoulder to apl thread. We used to have what we call the towel test Tuesday only on the first month of a Tuesday. It was so fun to see the progress and once your hair touches the towel then that was the time you graduated from the thread. Hmmm I wonder if something like that could be implemented here on this thread so that we have a means of checking in on progress. Maybe growing at the level we are all in maybe make it a every 2 months, 3 months? I don't know. It would at least get some pics in here so that we all can be entertained to help pass off time. Or maybe we can do something like the updo for the month? Exploring updos? Something, I don't know. But I am thinking, on Christmas week we should all post length pics regardless if the goal is met or not.

ETA: I don't know how these goal threads ends. Is there like a party of pics? Or maybe I'll donate a hair toy we can all raffle in the end. I guess people will just leave and graduate when the goal has been met so I'm guessing a big party of some sort wouldn't work since there will be lucky people in here who will reach class at an earlier date.

I'm out of the monthly checks for above reasons. But I will be cheering you guys on! Most certainly!!! :D :thumbsup:

DragonAngel
November 17th, 2014, 03:52 AM

sounds like we are exactly the same length, infact you have more impact because you have a blunt hemline whereas mine is just the very tip of a 'V' I have said about 6" will get me to classic, maybe thats wishful thinking. :pray:

Quahatundightu
November 17th, 2014, 03:52 AM

I think classic will be my final length.. if I can even get there in the first place! My hair seems to naturally taper quite a lot so I hope maintaining at classic will thicken the ends up when I get there. If it doesn't I will cut back to around TB.

meliel
November 17th, 2014, 04:34 AM
I'm measuring in at 89cm, hoping I'll get to 108cm, which is classic length for my height of 5'3"... I wonder if it'll really be that length by Christmas 2015 :) let's hope!

rowie
November 17th, 2014, 09:38 PM
exactly that. ^^ I'm going to try to only S&D through '15 because regardless of my hem, terminal fairy-tail ends are going to be the so called.. 'stringy' anyways. Might as well get used to it being thin, right? :D I'm pretty sure i can make it from BCL with a good year. I'm forbidding it to slow down on me at this point.
Lets do this! :toast:

Yeah! :bottomsup: I can definitely live with my fairy tale ends for a good year or two cause I never wear my hair down anyways. ;) Besides, if I have to wear my hair down say for like going through airport security, I usually wear my hair in a ponytail. Nothing like a ponytail to conceal the hemline I'm not happy with at the moment. I think that is why I took my length shot in a ponytail. My SO told me "it just looks better" like that when it's down. :lol: oh well, I can only hope someday I'll be able to experience a blunt cut with not having to loose length less than my goal length. ;)

I think classic will be my final length.. if I can even get there in the first place! My hair seems to naturally taper quite a lot so I hope maintaining at classic will thicken the ends up when I get there. If it doesn't I will cut back to around TB.
Ever since I had a major shed, my hair naturally and significantly tapered a lot. Someone in here told me that we all need to be more hemline forgiving the longer we grow hair, especially with these longer lengths. I think there are even quite a few people in the classic to knee thread maintaining at classic to thicken the hemline before preceding to grow down to knee. This makes me somewhat feel good and bad knowing that others are having a challenging time thickening the hemline. Here I was thinking it would get easier the longer we get when it fact it's more challenging and slower to grow down further than classic length. ughhhh

Quahatundightu
November 18th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Ever since I had a major shed, my hair naturally and significantly tapered a lot. Someone in here told me that we all need to be more hemline forgiving the longer we grow hair, especially with these longer lengths. I think there are even quite a few people in the classic to knee thread maintaining at classic to thicken the hemline before preceding to grow down to knee. This makes me somewhat feel good and bad knowing that others are having a challenging time thickening the hemline. Here I was thinking it would get easier the longer we get when it fact it's more challenging and slower to grow down further than classic length. ughhhh

Yes me too! Mine got worse with two major sheds in two years. When my hair was shorter I never noticed the sheds like I do now. I know classic is a very popular length to maintain at, and for good reason, it seems to be the length that the majority of people notice more taper or issues with their ends. I used to think that all you had to do was grow down and once you made it your hair would stay like that. I had no idea that shedding could be such an issue, that you can lose circumference so quickly and lose all of the hard work to grow it out with a nice hemline. At least we are in good company with everyone trying to reach classic here!! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 18th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I suppose I console myself that while I am not at Classic length yet, that my hair is still longer than anyone I know IRL. Not that they know it, I wear it up - but it is my secret - my secret long hair. One day it will be unleashed :)

DragonAngel
November 18th, 2014, 04:11 AM
reading all the comments it seems I am to expect things to deteriorate as I head into the unknown. I realise that not every hair hanging from my head will make it to the finishline and that is apparent after a good brush when you can see the ones that have broken off at some point, we all have some of those right ? Well anyways even though I am determined to get to classic it wont be at the expense of my hemline looking 'fuzzy' so I can see I might have to get a small trim in the near future just to bolster the solidity of my hemline. I am in no rush and if I know it has been tidily trimmed I can relax for another 8-10 months.

lapushka
November 18th, 2014, 05:52 AM
reading all the comments it seems I am to expect things to deteriorate as I head into the unknown. I realise that not every hair hanging from my head will make it to the finishline and that is apparent after a good brush when you can see the ones that have broken off at some point, we all have some of those right ? Well anyways even though I am determined to get to classic it wont be at the expense of my hemline looking 'fuzzy' so I can see I might have to get a small trim in the near future just to bolster the solidity of my hemline. I am in no rush and if I know it has been tidily trimmed I can relax for another 8-10 months.

That's odd - how do you brush? I only use one to detangle *after* hair is combed out thoroughly with a wide tooth comb. I don't ever get breakage from my brush (a Tangle Teezer).

DragonAngel
November 18th, 2014, 06:02 AM
That's odd - how do you brush? I only use one to detangle *after* hair is combed out thoroughly with a wide tooth comb. I don't ever get breakage from my brush (a Tangle Teezer).

I have just started using a wide toothed comb to gently tease out any knots before brushing working backwards from the ends. Prior to that I just used to thrash at the ends with my brush to free the knots then brush starting at ends working back to root, this was done about 3 times a week. I have only begun to get fanatical or should I say more damage aware about my hair once it got past waist.

JadedByEntropy
November 18th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I've found that keeping a blunt hemline actually increases my tangles, which i'm only now getting them, but when its uneven they dont knott up as easily when down.

lapushka
November 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I've found that keeping a blunt hemline actually increases my tangles, which i'm only now getting them, but when its uneven they dont knott up as easily when down.

I had that at hip length, a bit, tiny bit. But my hair is so heavy, I had it layered mostly because of that. It's in a V shape at the back now and layered from TBL to BSL, so... I *love* it. It was cut with the compact cut method for layers from the book "Haircutting for dummies". You put your head upside down, comb it all to the front - carefully, then put it into a pontail on your forehead and snip a bit off.

rowie
November 18th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I've found that keeping a blunt hemline actually increases my tangles, which i'm only now getting them, but when its uneven they dont knott up as easily when down. I think you're right! My hair usually doesn't knot on my ends. Maybe I'll consider aiming for a "U" hemline instead. Yet, why is the blunt cut so popular here on LHC that it made me want to jump on that bandwagon. :lol:

I had that at hip length, a bit, tiny bit. But my hair is so heavy, I had it layered mostly because of that. It's in a V shape at the back now and layered from TBL to BSL, so... I *love* it. It was cut with the compact cut method for layers from the book "Haircutting for dummies". You put your head upside down, comb it all to the front - carefully, then put it into a pontail on your forehead and snip a bit off.
Good for you! Yeah I remember when I used to have that problem of heavy hair when it's down. A stylist even offered to "thin" out my hair in the past, after I read what method it was :run:...... Still, I think now I have a different perspective with my natural "v" shape, so thanks for sharing.

JadedByEntropy
November 18th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Lapushka
I was a huge fan of the compact cut for years, though it did me no favors. layers get really frizzy with my hair. Its like brushed-out curly, but waves cannot line up ever. Right now i'm doing an A-line so the front is 4-5inch longer and ponytails/braids have a fairly blunt look. Its just a blunt cut with tilting the head back.

rowie
A blunt cut is really impactful, but i'm not in favor. Only having one length, unless its classic, seems too sharp/sudden of an end without a taper. I've felt many times from LHC enthusiasm that it must be the best-but i'm not yet convinced. A "U" would look nice, especially if your "v" is natural and you want a thicker hem.

Night_Kitten
November 21st, 2014, 02:18 PM
A blunt cut is really impactful, but i'm not in favor. Only having one length, unless its classic, seems too sharp/sudden of an end without a taper. I've felt many times from LHC enthusiasm that it must be the best-but i'm not yet convinced. A "U" would look nice, especially if your "v" is natural and you want a thicker hem.

I think it's more popular on LHC because it allows for a thicker looking hemline (especially on the longer lengths when the natural taper is more significant) and is easier to cut in a blunt cut when self-trimming (at least for me it is, lol)
Also for me it's easier to see what length the hair is on length pics when it's in a blunt cut (or at least as blunt as can be managed with all the taper...)

rowie
November 22nd, 2014, 10:39 PM
Bumping! Why does it feel like any of the longer hair length threads including the classic length or knee length and beyond threads are the least active. I guess maybe most people in those threads are "experts" in bunning and ignoring. Still, I miss the excitement happening at the shorter hair length threads.

Well today I finally tried the equilibrium bun for the first time. I love the hold and indestructible feel I get with this type of updo, but I don't like how my bun looks small or shrinked up. I guess I need more practice with the tension I do when creating this updo.

http://i.imgur.com/isxg8c2l.jpg

JadedByEntropy

Thank you for the clear explanation of the popularity of blunt cut. I'm also not convinced as well, and so I'm definitely going to aim for a "U" hemline. At least with this style I feel like I'll get the best of both worlds between the "blunt" cut and the "tapered" hemline. Plus, I think it will be a lot easier for me to attain this easily since my hair naturally tapers anyways when that time comes when I finally can maintain at my goal length.

truepeacenik
November 22nd, 2014, 11:46 PM
I'm in, to get back to classic and beyond, after my trim that went a bit high and left me at TB.

SThr
November 23rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Can I be in if I should hit Classic around May-June?

Allie_snowflake
November 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Beautiful bun rowie! it doesn't look small to me! Nice and shiny!

Allie_snowflake
November 23rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Can I be in if I should hit Classic around May-June?

Of course!!

lapushka
November 23rd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Bumping! Why does it feel like any of the longer hair length threads including the classic length or knee length and beyond threads are the least active. I guess maybe most people in those threads are "experts" in bunning and ignoring. Still, I miss the excitement happening at the shorter hair length threads.

I think the percentage of people with really long lengths here is much much lower vs. the shorter "growing to longer lengths" ones.

Nice bun, rowie!

CaranDulin
November 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
Count me in! :D I'm around TBL now. When my mom is home I'll ask her to take a new length picture for me. I haven't taken one in a while! Also, good luck, everyone!

VJG
December 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
I am at 36 inches and I think need 43 for classic, so if I do not trim until I get there I should (just barely) be able to join this challenge! :)

lapushka
December 2nd, 2014, 10:05 AM
I'm half an inch past TBL so my hair is growing... :lol:

DragonAngel
December 2nd, 2014, 10:07 AM
I would like to ask those who have reached classic already or beyond......what does it feel like by comparison to say TBL or HL ?

Beborani
December 2nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
I reached tailbone stretched a few months ago after which I trimmed off bits and pieces--curly hair so wasn't particular about hemline and I am probably still at tailbone or bit beyond--after this length I no longer look at my hair stretched as much as I like to wear it curly and down and I am in less of a hurry to grow longer. But this goal is still possible so I check this thread.

TrapperCreekD
December 9th, 2014, 01:23 PM
*bump*

How is everybody? The racer hairs briefly flirted with classic before having a date with the :scissors: yesterday. I was slightly sad to see the length go but it was so worth it to have a much nice hem and fresh ends. :knit:

lapushka
December 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Well I'm just a little post TBL right now. Good that I have another year to reach classic. ;) My mom estimated I have about 4 inches to go, so I should get there!

Rio040113
December 9th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Count me in! I'm at solid TBL, 38", right now. Classic is ~42" inches for me, so 4" in a year (of no trims!) seems pretty dang doable to me :D

Seems I had a wee growth spurt, dbf says I have 3" to go until Classic now! :D

Also, I'm so confused, until Waist+ my hair was pin straight, now it seems to be sort of trying to become wavy-ish? I have NO idea what to do with it :/ Any tips on how to encourage it? And how do I dry it and detangle without pulling the waves out? (No heat pls!). My current routine is to wash it, bun it for a few minutes while I get out of the shower and get dried, towel turban it for 10 minutes or so, then once it's damp and not dripping I finger comb it.

My hair is thin and fine, so I don't want to use gels to scrunch it but other than that I'm utterly clueless :lol:

TrapperCreekD
December 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Yay for the growth spurt! If the finger combing is pulling out the wave, after detangling try flipping your head over and scrunching, without any product.

Lapushka, are you doing the no trim in '15 challenge? You should easily be able to get there... probably around September, I'm guessing.

lapushka
December 12th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Lapushka, are you doing the no trim in '15 challenge? You should easily be able to get there... probably around September, I'm guessing.

Yes, going no trim, without any trims inbetween (from 2014 (which was a no trim year) to 2015). If all goes well, I should get there around August/September, yes! :D But September won't put so much pressure on me. :p

Rio040113
December 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Yay for the growth spurt! If the finger combing is pulling out the wave, after detangling try flipping your head over and scrunching, without any product.

Thanks for the tip Trapper :) I'd love to have some waves so I'll give it a go! :D

Silver Swan
December 13th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Just measured my hair for the first time in aaaaagggess. It is right on TBL and measuring 40". I estimate classic to be about 45" on me, so I have a pretty strong chance of reaching it! Yay!

lapushka
January 1st, 2015, 03:36 PM
I need about 4 inches. My mom measured wrong. It's 4 inches to classic from TBL. I'm TBL+ now and need another 3,5 inches. I first was convinced I needed 6 inches, but that's not the case. Good news, eh? :D

DreamSheep
January 1st, 2015, 04:33 PM
Awesome news lapushka!! Like TBL, you'll probably hit it early then :) Whooop!

Measured with my hand (so accurate), it seems I'll need 5,5 - 6 inches, which is probably what I'll grow at most in a year (without trims) - so hopefully I'll make it. :) If I don't get there, I'll be so close anyway! (and also means I'll be mid-thigh or maybe even knee for when I finish my PhD! Knee might be a bit long, but here I dream on...)

Waverly
February 15th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Hi everyone! Please can I join you? I'm at tailbone now and hoping to make classic as my end goal. I've not grown as much hair as normal in January though because the kids got chickenpox and passed it on to me - oh and then hand,foot and mouth... so an interesting start to 2015 but we're all ok now and hoping to get back to my normal fairly fast growing. I'm 5' 7" though with a 'padded' seat so I have 5" to get to classic. Maybe it's time to get serious about losing some weight too :o

StellaKatherine
February 15th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Ehhh... I am not so sure I will get enough of lenght to get to classic before Christmas... Combed my hair so that I could see the "real" lenght... I have the " hate my hair" months going on. Did cut about an inch at the begining of the year and still my ends are so see through they make me sick... so no way I am taking any lenght photos at least till summer. The less I see the better I feel ;)

I found a sweater that actually shows classic lenght on me, so can see I have tons of growth ahead of me before classic is reached..... heh.... Last measurement was 42 inches.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15931&d=1424005659

lapushka
February 15th, 2015, 07:04 AM
That's quite a bit to go still, StellaKatherine, but it may not be as far away as you think! And I don't think your ends look thin, they're gorgeous, and fit with the rest of the hair!

StellaKatherine
February 15th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Thank you for the kind words lapushka. I was hoping to get classic as wavy me by the end of the year, but that is definitely not possible unless I suddenly get some super fast groth ;) Happy to hear the hemline doesn't look as bad as I think :D

TrapperCreekD
February 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I think you could get there by the end of the year. :cheer: Or very, very close if not.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 15th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I would love to be there by the end of the year - however I have 7 inches still to grow so it won't be so. Hopefully by Christmas 2016 though!!!

SK, your hair looks great and your ends look great too, no need to worry about them at all:)

Rhodugune
February 15th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm in, hopefully I will reach classic again by the end of this year, that will be my goal.
Last year after first trying some microtrimming, going back and forth with it being classic and then I just had to accept the state of my ends and cut off some length to thicken them up to get rid of a weird gap.

This is my hair a year ago with that weird gap, that I at last managed to trim away by the end of last year:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14789&d=1418349977

And this is from last month, I'm yet to take my February pic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15937&d=1424028312

I had a last little trim today after doing a massive S&D that took over a week, sitting for a few hours each day looking through a strand of hair at a time adding it to a bun to keep it separated.
The plan is to S&D regularly and hopefully I wont need any trims until next year.

cathair
February 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone! Please can I join you? I'm at tailbone now and hoping to make classic as my end goal. I've not grown as much hair as normal in January though because the kids got chickenpox and passed it on to me - oh and then hand,foot and mouth... so an interesting start to 2015 but we're all ok now and hoping to get back to my normal fairly fast growing. I'm 5' 7" though with a 'padded' seat so I have 5" to get to classic. Maybe it's time to get serious about losing some weight too :o

Welcome Fallout buddy :D Sounds like you have a good chance of making it by Christmas :) I hope you feel better and get better growth next month :)

*ReiKa*
February 22nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Me, me, me!!!!!!
Tailbone lenght, currently 32" and half, let's see where I'm going to be by Christmas 2015 :cool:

Waverly
February 22nd, 2015, 11:09 AM
Thank you cathair! DH measured for me this morning and it's grown half an inch in the last 3 weeks so fingers crossed ;)

lapushka
February 22nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
Me, me, me!!!!!!
Tailbone lenght, currently 32" and half, let's see where I'm going to be by Christmas 2015 :cool:

Welcome! Glad you found your way here! :D :thumbsup:

lapushka
February 22nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Me, me, me!!!!!!

Welcome! Glad you found your way here! :D :thumbsup:

VJG
February 27th, 2015, 11:06 PM
My longest hairs have reached classic when wet so this should be manageable.

Waverly
February 28th, 2015, 12:51 AM
My longest hairs have reached classic when wet so this should be manageable.

That's so exciting! I can't wait for that to happen to me :)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 28th, 2015, 02:30 AM
7" to go for me.....

lapushka
February 28th, 2015, 04:50 AM
About 4 inches to go for me.

EmmaDStrange
February 28th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Oh me me, I'm in on this one! Classic length is my end goal and I'm at 35" and almost bc length I think (I'm tall, which for this task, is unfortunate). 8 inches to go!! I only grew 6 inches last year with no trims, but I am hoping if I improve the benign neglect and reduce the bleaching, I can get 8" this year. :D

BrendaLoan
February 28th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Hmmm, I just measured my hair and I still need 5 more inches to reach classic (I've been scissor happy lately :scissors:). I think it's possible, right?:ponder: What do you think? If so, I'd love to join!

Waverly
February 28th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Yay! Its definitely possible BrendaLoan. Just. Step. Away. From. The. Scissors! :D

lapushka
February 28th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Hmmm, I just measured my hair and I still need 5 more inches to reach classic (I've been scissor happy lately :scissors:). I think it's possible, right?:ponder: What do you think? If so, I'd love to join!

5 inches, that's 10 months - give or take, so you should *just* make it. If you stop cutting your hair.

BrendaLoan
February 28th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Yay! Its definitely possible BrendaLoan. Just. Step. Away. From. The. Scissors! :D

5 inches, that's 10 months - give or take, so you should *just* make it. If you stop cutting your hair.

Great! :) Thank you! Oh, it's going to be hard haha, I already hid the scissors http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/other5/6.gif

Equestrienne
March 4th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Hello, :flower: Lapuska suggested I join in this thread. I have to have someone else measure me properly, but I have some inches to go, before I reach classic again. December should be more than enough. I was classic length this time last year, but I cut it back twice since then (to "tailbone" and then to "hip"). I'm not sure how fast it grows (not as fast as it used to!), but Christmas should be fine. I guess I only have 4" or 5" to go, and that allows me trimming room, if I choose (I'm perpetually growing out layers and bangs. :p).

lapushka
March 4th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the thread! :)

Equestrienne
March 4th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Thank you! :D

Waverly
March 5th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Hello, :flower: Lapuska suggested I join in this thread. I have to have someone else measure me properly, but I have some inches to go, before I reach classic again. December should be more than enough. I was classic length this time last year, but I cut it back twice since then (to "tailbone" and then to "hip"). I'm not sure how fast it grows (not as fast as it used to!), but Christmas should be fine. I guess I only have 4" or 5" to go, and that allows me trimming room, if I choose (I'm perpetually growing out layers and bangs. :p).
I had to do a little trim this month too :( Just half an inch though. My hemline grew into this weird inverted v shape - blah! I googled it and apparently it's quite common if you switch from side to side all night in your sleep, which I have been doing for nearly 3 years now feeding a baby and toddler. Who would have thought having kids would ruin your hair :p

Cristina84
March 5th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Here i am girls!!!!!!!!!!!
i WANT classic lenght by Christmas!!! THIS Christmas!!!!

lapushka
March 5th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Welcome! :) We *all* want that! :lol:

Cristina84
March 5th, 2015, 07:33 AM
ahhahahahah :D

Equestrienne
March 6th, 2015, 03:26 PM
I had to do a little trim this month too :( Just half an inch though. My hemline grew into this weird inverted v shape - blah! I googled it and apparently it's quite common if you switch from side to side all night in your sleep, which I have been doing for nearly 3 years now feeding a baby and toddler. Who would have thought having kids would ruin your hair :p

Oh my, I feel you. :) I have nursed/co-slept four children, so I understand the all-night flippy-flippy game, VERY well.

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Can you only post pictures here, if you have a flickr-type account???

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry girls, got a question for you: do you consider a lenght that only covers half backside a classic lenght?

meteor
March 7th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Sorry girls, got a question for you: do you consider a lenght that only covers half backside a classic lenght?

Sounds more like TBL to me. :) Classic is that point where legs begin.

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Uh, right, you got me confused then...cos I was looking at JJJ's hair lenghts' picture (this one (http://jjjlonghairphotopage.zoomshare.com/files/SIGNS-Dividers-decor-anim_sign/JJJhair_length_measure_FINAL_HC_pg_2.JPG)) and actually my goal is between her TBL and classic...
Argh, what should I call it then? :rolleyes: I don't really wish to cover my whole backside.... should I leave this 3d then? :(

meteor
March 7th, 2015, 02:47 PM
^ Then I would call your goal length TBL + . :) Or maybe midpoint between TBL and Classic? I don't think it has a specific name, but I could be wrong...

lapushka
March 7th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Yep, TBL+, it's where I'm at right now. Grrr. Frustrating. Wish I were at classic already. :lol:

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 03:43 PM
The wind was having fun with it, but here are some pics of my present place. :o

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/RhiannonMachaEpona/hemline%201_zpsncef56ds.jpg
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/RhiannonMachaEpona/hemline%202_zpsrx06lnbk.jpg
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/RhiannonMachaEpona/hemline%203_zpszugabvhi.jpg
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/RhiannonMachaEpona/hemline%204_zpsvdpfjdo6.jpg

lapushka
March 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Very pretty, Equestrienne! That seems to be TBL to me. :)

meteor
March 7th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I agree, looks like TBL. :agree:
And gorgeous and thick hemline, Equestrienne! Stunning red! :thud:

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Very pretty, Equestrienne! That seems to be TBL to me. :)

Thereabouts. Do you all measure the tip of your tailbone? Because I'm still short of that. It's 34" relaxed (pictured) and 35" if I "straighten" it (gently pull). With 40" seeming to be classic on me. So that sets me at needing 5"/6" by the necessary date. :)

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I agree, looks like TBL. :agree:
And gorgeous and thick hemline, Equestrienne! Stunning red! :thud:

Thank you. :o I'm a bit chagrined, it would be even thicker if I would stop making boredom layers. :rolleyes: You all are going to help me with that though, right? ;)

The color is henna, actually. Although I have really dark brown hair, it takes the red pretty strongly and very quick (my mother and grandmother were both redheads, and I've always had red highlights).

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 04:13 PM
My profile pic shows low light:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=70524&dateline=1425680226&type=profile

And here it is with sun:

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/RhiannonMachaEpona/Earrings%202_zpsxfulq8qe.jpg

lapushka
March 7th, 2015, 04:24 PM
It's very pretty. I like the shine it gives in the sunlight. Makes me miss my henna red. Glad though I gave it up, such upkeep!

meteor
March 7th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Gorgeous hair, Equestrienne! :applause
And I must say: I couldn't take my eyes off your stunning horse! :applause

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Well, I don't think I will stop growing it til Christmas (or reduce the lenght with trims) so I'll just let it grow and see where it goes and where I'll be in Christmas. ;) no specific plans and no pressure!
This is my hair now anyway.... And I thought that was TBL+ already! You never stop learning I guess :cool:

http://i58.tinypic.com/mcx2wz.jpg

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 04:47 PM
It's very pretty. I like the shine it gives in the sunlight. Makes me miss my henna red. Glad though I gave it up, such upkeep!

I'm very lucky on that count. My roots grow in nearly black, so I'm free to just dollop on the mud in any which way, whenever I feel like it would benefit my hair. I honest to goodness would NOT henna if I had to tend my roots. As soon as my hair starts turning gray, I will cease immediately. No idea what I will switch to, though!

Gorgeous hair, Equestrienne! :applause
And I must say: I couldn't take my eyes off your stunning horse! :applause

Thank you! :D My pride, my joy, my goddess, my unicorn. :o

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Well, I don't think I will stop growing it til Christmas (or reduce the lenght with trims) so I'll just let it grow and see where it goes and where I'll be in Christmas. ;) no specific plans and no pressure!
This is my hair now anyway.... And I thought that was TBL+ already! You never stop learning I guess :cool:

http://i58.tinypic.com/mcx2wz.jpg

If you measure precisely, your coccyx is kind of low, actually. But I'm not sure what the LHC idea of TBL is...

meteor
March 7th, 2015, 04:54 PM
*ReiKa*, your hair is super-gorgeous! :thud:

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Equestrienne, I thought I was already at TBL when my hair was where my pink T-shirt ends... but I guess that theoretically that's....hip lenght?! I probably just got it all wrong LOL
I mean, as I said, I just followed JJJ's picture.... is there maybe an "official" LHC's lenghts picture? Or something of the same kind that most of you rely on?

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Meteor, thank youuu :o :o :o

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Equestrienne, I thought I was already at TBL when my hair was where my pink T-shirt ends... but I guess that theoretically that's....hip lenght?! I probably just got it all wrong LOL
I mean, as I said, I just followed JJJ's picture.... is there maybe an "official" LHC's lenghts picture? Or something of the same kind that most of you rely on?

I have NO idea. I consider "waist" at my natural waist (full indentation), "hip" at my iliac crest, "tailbone" generally aroundish my coccyx tip (approx. 36" for me), and then classic is an entirely new term to me, but I see that it's clearly cheek/thigh level.

There are several terms I don't understand yet, like: FTL, APL, BSL, and etc. :confused:

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 05:48 PM
I suspect TBL is the most confusing, because the tailbone isn't exactly clear unless you go looking for it, and each person is built differently, as well...

Avienda
March 7th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I'm in! I'm at BCL now so I should be classic by Christmas!

*ReiKa*
March 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Ok, I've located the end of my coccyx, and yes, my ends fully touch it, so I'm definitely a TBL....not that I was questioning that, but I just thought that TBL is a hair lenght that touches your coccyx *anywhere*, beginning of it/middle/end.
Sooo, ok, I'm definitely aiming at TBL+ (halfway between TBL and Classic) but won't shorten my hair with trims or else, so I'll keep staying in this 3d and see how this story ends ;)

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Splurged. :o

Fork. (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1011735850)
Feather. (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1012325752)

Equestrienne
March 7th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Ok, just one more (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1012332216) thing. Now I can protect my hair two ways, and have no excuse. ;)

Aurum
March 7th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I don't belong here, but I was lurking and saw that you guys were a little confused by TBL and other milestones. TBL looks a little high on JJJ's chart, actually. I like this chart (http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-length-chart.gif) a lot, it seems to be more clear on where exactly each milestone is.

By the way, TBL is usually the bottom of your coccyx, which is a few inches down into the vertical smile. It's the lowest point where you can feel bone. You look more like BCL (butt crack length), *ReiKa*.

Waverly
March 8th, 2015, 05:37 AM
I suspect TBL is the most confusing, because the tailbone isn't exactly clear unless you go looking for it, and each person is built differently, as well...
I agree. I had to bend slightly and feel down my spine to confirm tailbone. Also, what's laughingly referred to as 'butt crack length' around here. What's up with that? On some people it's above tailbone but on others it's below... So confused :confused:

Wosie
March 8th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Is it even possible for BCL to be below TBL? O_O Isn't TBL supposed to be somewhere on the middle of one's buttocks? I think many are mistaking themselves when they think they've found their tailbone.

An illustration: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/health/aftercareinformation/_layouts/15/healthwise/media/medical/hw/h9991288_002_pi.jpg

Waverly
March 8th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Wosie - I thought so. TB is sort of in the middle of my 'cheeks' for me but some people seem to call tb before bcl. I think because everyone's body is different it can be a really confusing length.

*ReiKa*
March 8th, 2015, 07:37 AM
TB is sort of in the middle of my 'cheeks' for me but some people seem to call tb before bcl.
Yep, and that is me, for example!
I thought TBL came definitely before BCL... BCL for me is hair that fully strokes your cheeks and that has already gone beyond the TB...
But by considering Aurum's chart, I actually need probably one more inch to be a full TBL..
Oh well, whatever! :confused:

lapushka
March 8th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I'd just call it, *ReiKa*! ;)

cathair
March 9th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I've reached 'I can sit on it on purpose length' :) I can sit on the longest bit if I try, but I haven't done it by accident yet.

I think this will be the first milestone for me that looks longer from the front than it does at the back, rather than the other way round. I guess due to an upper asset(s) being smaller than a lower one :p

It looks positively longer than tailbone length wet now. It looks 'omg how long is that length?' wet from the front now :D Sometimes it touches my thigh when I washing it and I move. That just seems nuts. Think it's still a 2 or 3 inches till classic really though. It's definitely longer than it was, so maybe I was a bit over enthusiastic with my estimate in January.

Still looks about hip length dry and wavy. Oh well.

TrapperCreekD
March 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Slowly creeping towards classic in the shower! :joy:

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM
So exciting, you guys! :D I have about 3 to 4 inches to go yet! :)

cathair
March 9th, 2015, 02:50 PM
It is exciting :) It's no length and loads of length to go, all at once :D Sounds like your both on track to make it by Xmas :)

PennyQuin
March 9th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Well. I'm almost sure I'm not reaching CL for this Christmas since I trimmed my hair a little bit and I really didn't know where CL was, but I saw an accurate chart, finally, realizing there is a long long way. Maybe I'm reaching TBL.

lapushka
March 9th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Well. I'm almost sure I'm not reaching CL for this Christmas since I trimmed my hair a little bit and I really didn't know where CL was, but I saw an accurate chart, finally, realizing there is a long long way. Maybe I'm reaching TBL.

Have you checked whether there's a TBL by Christmas thread yet? I'll link it for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122665

VJG
March 11th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I'm just about classic with wet hair! Hopefully my hair will keep going to classic dry. I refuse to trim until then.

lapis_lazuli
March 11th, 2015, 07:16 PM
I'm hoping I can make it by Christmas! Currently at BCL... we'll see :pray:

cathair
March 11th, 2015, 07:58 PM
I'm just about classic with wet hair! Hopefully my hair will keep going to classic dry. I refuse to trim until then.

Congrats, that's really exciting :D Cheering you on till classic dry :cheer:

meteor
March 11th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I've been stuck at an inch from classic for what seems like forever! :lol: I don't pay attention to my rate of hair growth, but it feels like I've been at this same length for about 3-4 months. :hmm: Maybe I should start measuring more frequently or taking length shots or something methodical/boring like that... but then again, a watched pot never boils....

*ReiKa*
March 12th, 2015, 02:30 AM
Meteor, I would stick with not stressing about that. Your hair still does grow, trust me, but leave it alone, don't be at its heels.
I had a very very hard time jumping from waist/hip lenght to TBL (or BCL, whatever I am now, still not sure, LOL) because I kept looking at my hair or touching it from behind, taking pictures basically every week, measuring, and all that stuff.... I could NOT see any improvement, ever, that abyss between waist and my backside was a nightmare... and oh, was I stressing myself....!
Now I decided I'll look at my hair from behind and measure it every 2/3 months, much better! You do see the improvement afterwards and you're not stressing about it ;)

lapushka
March 12th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Yes, like *ReiKa* says, I'm sure it does grow. I also only take a look after about 2/3 months. Last I checked was January 1st, and now March, it's way down the BC region, so yes. And I can always tell by my underarm hair, that it grows - it's about the same as my head hair, half an inch a month.

Quahatundightu
March 14th, 2015, 04:26 AM
5 cm to go!! (2 inches) That's for stretched hair though, which is my goal for now. I'm excited to be so close after all these years :) I am still doing dustings each month, but less than I was so I see faster growth progress. It seems to be working, fingers crossed I will make it by Christmas - with my 0.5cm a month I should just get there.

lapushka
March 14th, 2015, 07:12 AM
5 cm to go!! (2 inches) That's for stretched hair though, which is my goal for now. I'm excited to be so close after all these years :) I am still doing dustings each month, but less than I was so I see faster growth progress. It seems to be working, fingers crossed I will make it by Christmas - with my 0.5cm a month I should just get there.

That's not that far to go! Fingers crossed! :)

cathair
March 14th, 2015, 12:43 PM

Woop woop! :cheer: sounds like we have a similar distance to go :)

I saw a woman with our hair type but blonde today. She was wearing her hair down, it was classic length un-stretched and thick nearly all the way to the ends, then the last inch or so was fairytailed. It was like he best of both worlds. Was even more impressive that she was very tall. It was so beautiful and inspirational, I wish I could have taken a picture for you.

I've pretty much set my mind to maintaining when I reach classic now. It will be 6 years since I trimmed by then and it's a nice, easy to measure to place visually unlike tailbone. I'd like it to not look like stretched out candy-floss at some point I think now :D I think at classic I will finally be able to accept that it is long.

Then I saw two blonde girls (separately), one with TBL hair down and another with a classic length high ponytail. It's been a good hair spotting day today.

Quahatundightu
March 16th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Woop woop! :cheer: sounds like we have a similar distance to go :)

I saw a woman with our hair type but blonde today. She was wearing her hair down, it was classic length un-stretched and thick nearly all the way to the ends, then the last inch or so was fairytailed. It was like he best of both worlds. Was even more impressive that she was very tall. It was so beautiful and inspirational, I wish I could have taken a picture for you.

I've pretty much set my mind to maintaining when I reach classic now. It will be 6 years since I trimmed by then and it's a nice, easy to measure to place visually unlike tailbone. I'd like it to not look like stretched out candy-floss at some point I think now :D I think at classic I will finally be able to accept that it is long.

Then I saw two blonde girls (separately), one with TBL hair down and another with a classic length high ponytail. It's been a good hair spotting day today.

So exciting! I'm glad you are getting there too! I think you're going to beat me! ;) it's lovely to have hair twin company hehe. Wow awesome on the hair spotting, that sounds amazing. It will be really interesting to see how we both go maintaining at classic, fingers crossed for some thicker ends. My hair definitely feels long now, I need to take some new photos :)

meteor
March 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Strangely, I both want to hit classic soon and, at the same time, want that moment to be delayed... I think it might be because of long legs: so after Classic, reaching any new milestones will take veeeeery long time, so I kind of enjoy the current slow ride. Also, would be so great to have hemline in OK-ish condition, so I can definitely see staying at that upcoming milestone for years and years and years...

And cathair, I really agree, I sure hope it will finally feel long at classic. :pray: This insatiable hunger for moar and moar length always reminds me of this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/donkey-carrot-10227536.jpg). :lol:

cathair
March 18th, 2015, 08:08 AM
So exciting! I'm glad you are getting there too! I think you're going to beat me! ;) it's lovely to have hair twin company hehe. Wow awesome on the hair spotting, that sounds amazing. It will be really interesting to see how we both go maintaining at classic, fingers crossed for some thicker ends. My hair definitely feels long now, I need to take some new photos :)

If I beat you it will only be by cheating. You've done so much good work microtriming. I'm not sure that I will, it will be interesting to see :) I have very happy we found each other hair twin :) You're my inspiration, if you can maintain then I hope I can too :)

Strangely, I both want to hit classic soon and, at the same time, want that moment to be delayed... I think it might be because of long legs: so after Classic, reaching any new milestones will take veeeeery long time, so I kind of enjoy the current slow ride. Also, would be so great to have hemline in OK-ish condition, so I can definitely see staying at that upcoming milestone for years and years and years...

And cathair, I really agree, I sure hope it will finally feel long at classic. :pray: This insatiable hunger for moar and moar length always reminds me of this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/donkey-carrot-10227536.jpg). :lol:

I think for me it will feel long, but I don't know if LHC syndrome will kick in once I/we get there :) I know when I stretch the longest bits out, especially look from the front, it feels very long now, almost freakishly long. But I don't mean that in a bad way! The longest I have ever had for sure. I think it's longer than my extensions were now, or at least on a par.

If classic is half way down your body, given you hair starts on top of you head, some of it must actually be more than half your body length. Still feels odd to even be taking about classic length, it seem unobtainable for so long.

I hope it feels long to you too :)

JadedByEntropy
March 18th, 2015, 09:06 PM
... I don't know if LHC syndrome will kick in once I/we get there :) ...
Yes. Yes it will.

I can't tell if i have an inch to TBL or not, but classic is ~43" so i've got another 5"...it will be close. eek. then on to floor! ;)

Mehry
March 28th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I'm just past TBL, I think ... 38" or so .... We'll try for Christmas. I'm in.

lapushka
March 28th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I'm just past TBL, I think ... 38" or so .... We'll try for Christmas. I'm in.

Yay! :cheer: Welcome, and happy growing! :)

JadedByEntropy
March 29th, 2015, 12:34 PM
TBL by July will be about right, but i'm overthinking my ability to get Classic by Christmas. I've promised no trims, but my S&D has become heavy with the coldsnaps. [60F to 20F in two days and 60F again in two days. repeat.]
a lot my hairs are getting crimped at 90degrees a quarter inch from the bottom without real damage, but just...bent. I can't braid that far so idk whats happening to crimp them. They cause a lot of tangles though just at the bottom.

http://s21.postimg.org/gizpmghqf/hair_15_03_19.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
free upload image (http://postimage.org/)

phantomknitter
March 30th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I want to be optimistic and join. I have some ends at TB (do not know what people mean with BCL?) and classic is no more than 4 inches from here. With the good care tips I am gaining by looking around this forum, I hope to have at least some of the hair at CL by Xmas. Will look forward to inspiration from people on a similar journey and will hope to take at least a couple of progress photos, for better or worse.

cathair
March 30th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I want to be optimistic and join. I have some ends at TB (do not know what people mean with BCL?) and classic is no more than 4 inches from here. With the good care tips I am gaining by looking around this forum, I hope to have at least some of the hair at CL by Xmas. Will look forward to inspiration from people on a similar journey and will hope to take at least a couple of progress photos, for better or worse.

BCL - Butt crack length. It's not a pretty length marker, but there it is :)

Wishing you all the best to get there by xmas :)

lapushka
March 30th, 2015, 04:55 PM
a lot my hairs are getting crimped at 90degrees a quarter inch from the bottom without real damage, but just...bent. I can't braid that far so idk whats happening to crimp them. They cause a lot of tangles though just at the bottom.

In my case that is just resolved after a wash. Maybe try wetting them down, if that doesn't help, suds 'em up and wash the ends only. See if that helps them calm down. Better that than losing length.

JadedByEntropy
March 30th, 2015, 06:52 PM
In my case that is just resolved after a wash. Maybe try wetting them down, if that doesn't help, suds 'em up and wash the ends only. See if that helps them calm down. Better that than losing length.

Thanks, that seems to work. Any idea what the cause is? Is it just life?

phantomknitter
March 31st, 2015, 01:04 AM
Ahh I did think of that term after posting - but then thought Between Cheeks is better. ;-)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2015, 01:11 AM
Hmm, I don't really think I can be in this thread, I have 6.5" to go before classic, plus I am microtrimming. However I am very excited that I will certainly reach classic by Christmas 2016 and should be with time to spare (only we don't have a thread for that yet). Well done to you all and fine progress being made!

Swan Maiden
March 31st, 2015, 01:35 AM
I think this is reachable for my hair. I am fairly close, although I seem to be hanging out in mid butt abyss.

lapushka
March 31st, 2015, 07:58 AM
My goodness. My mom measured yesterday. Stretched I have 2 inches to go. Wavy more like 3. I'm so excited! I should be reaching my goals come the end of September, for sure but I will not be having pictures taken until December. Just to be in line with the challenge.

cathair
March 31st, 2015, 12:55 PM
My goodness. My mom measured yesterday. Stretched I have 2 inches to go. Wavy more like 3. I'm so excited! I should be reaching my goals come the end of September, for sure but I will not be having pictures taken until December. Just to be in line with the challenge.

That is really exciting :D That's not far at all. I don't know if I would be able to resist taking pictures if I was you :)

lapushka
March 31st, 2015, 01:28 PM
That is really exciting :D That's not far at all. I don't know if I would be able to resist taking pictures if I was you :)

I know, I know, it's so tempting... we'll see, we're not there yet, not quite. :D ;)

Valkyriejae
April 5th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I've kept meaning to join this thread, but I honestly wasn't sure my hair would grow fast enough...
It definitely has though. I'm at a weak classic when wet, and about an inch away when dry (I think I've got a couple racer strands who're there already, but I'm waiting for a noticeable classic hem to call it.)
My current goal is to make it to classic and then maintain to thicken my ends...

Lady Katherine
April 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I think I'll join! I'm pretty solidly at tailbone now, and I think I'll make classic stretched by Christmas! After that, I'll maintain at classic for a bit. Happy growing everyone! :)

lapushka
April 18th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Welcome, Lady Katherine! I hope you get to classic by Christmas, should be do-able! :D

cathair
May 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM
These is my latest pictures... I was trying to work out if I have made TBL by 30 (tomorrow). Getting closer stretched:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8749/17268227838_6ae292b4b3_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/siWbwb)
2015-05-04---Tailbone-by-30---02---Stretched-with-Flash (https://flic.kr/p/siWbwb) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

Still looks nowhere near wavy :demon:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8717/17268213488_4626146aef_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/siW7fL)
2015-05-04---Tailbone-by-30---05---Half-Up (https://flic.kr/p/siW7fL) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

Few more pics here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=121743&bt=669223).

I fear that classic length unstretched is too bigger goal. Stretched, maybe.

lapushka
May 9th, 2015, 02:17 PM
These is my latest pictures... I was trying to work out if I have made TBL by 30 (tomorrow). Getting closer stretched:

I'd say stretched you sure are TBL. Not stretched, I'm not sure - looks more like hip length to me.

cathair
May 9th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I'd say stretched you sure are TBL. Not stretched, I'm not sure - looks more like hip length to me.

I'd pretty much agree with that :) I feel like I can call it TBL stretched, I think the very tips are just past that marker, so it's more than a few hairs there. But un-stretched not so much. It's past the top of my hips for sure, but not down to the end of my tailbone by a way yet. I am almost 100% sure it will be a way past classic stretched before it looks TBL un-stretched.

lapushka
May 9th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I'd pretty much agree with that :) I feel like I can call it TBL stretched, I think the very tips are just past that marker, so it's more than a few hairs there. But un-stretched not so much. It's past the top of my hips for sure, but not down to the end of my tailbone by a way yet. I am almost 100% sure it will be a way past classic stretched before it looks TBL un-stretched.

I measure stretched as well. I don't have that much shrinkage, but still, I measure stretched. So in my book you're TBL, and way past, on a good ways to classic. :)

cathair
May 9th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I measure stretched as well. I don't have that much shrinkage, but still, I measure stretched. So in my book you're TBL, and way past, on a good ways to classic. :)

Thanks lapushka :flower: How is your hair doing? Have you been looking lately or are you ignoring it till closer till Christmas?

lapushka
May 9th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Thanks lapushka :flower: How is your hair doing? Have you been looking lately or are you ignoring it till closer till Christmas?

Last my mom measured, it was 2/3 inches from classic. I'll have her look again maybe in a few months. Yeah, benign neglect is everything to me. :lol:

cathair
May 9th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Last my mom measured, it was 2/3 inches from classic. I'll have her look again maybe in a few months. Yeah, benign neglect is everything to me. :lol:

Sounds like you are still very much on track for the end of the year :)

lapushka
May 9th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Sounds like you are still very much on track for the end of the year :)

Yep, steadily moving along. Patience, patience. That's all you have, right? ;)

cathair
May 9th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Yep, steadily moving along. Patience, patience. That's all you have, right? ;)

So true :) It's amazing what hair does when you're not looking :) I'm honestly amazed how long the longest bits of my hair are now. It felt like it would never get that long, now I have hope the rest will catch it up :)

lapushka
May 10th, 2015, 03:12 PM
So true :) It's amazing what hair does when you're not looking :) I'm honestly amazed how long the longest bits of my hair are now. It felt like it would never get that long, now I have hope the rest will catch it up :)

It will, I'm sure! Just another few months and wow... a new milestone! :)

HintOfMint
May 10th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I sincerely doubt I'll make it to classic by Christmas, so I'm not sure I should be posting here, but... here's to hoping anyway.

I'm at tailbone-ish now with about six inches to go. Warm weather is coming up and I tend to grow a little faster during the summer. In any case, I'm just looking for a length close to classic when stretched so that I can have curled hair that nestles perfectly above my booty. (We all have dreams, right?)

Lady Katherine
May 11th, 2015, 09:14 AM
I accidentally sat on my hair the other day when I got into my little car. It was exciting!
I think I'll practice benign neglect on my hair for the rest of the year. It's good to keep cool during the summer, and when I start college in the fall I'm not gonna want to deal with the bother of having my hair down. And then hopefully when Christmas break comes around I'll be at classic! :blossom:

lunalocks
May 11th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Lady Katherine, when I put my hair up for a few months, and then one day wear it down, I am amazed at the growth. Hope you will feel that joy, too.

My longest hairs are about 2 inches past classic. But I don't really feel I am there yet because it doesn't LOOK like it. Hopefully by December, some other ends will catch up and it will appear longer.

LeMimi13
May 11th, 2015, 10:30 AM
To join this thread, hpw long should I be by now?