PDA

View Full Version : What to anchor mini buns with to sleep in at night?

DarleneH
September 14th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I'm going to try twisting each side of my hair into a mini bun after washing, and sleep with it like that. Or maybe some of you would call it bantu knots but I'm really not trying for exactly that. But I can't figure out the best way to secure these? Since hair will be wet, it'll be more prone to damage from whatever instruments I try. I recently got a package of these: http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Section-Set-Wave-Clips/dp/B00LMKHRYE/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1410722296&sr=1-2&keywords=conair+section+%26+set+clips

Except I think mine are smaller than those pictured. Still, since I'm talking about smaller buns they might be big enough to work. Are those damaging to wet hair? I'm hoping not, since the Curly Girl method says to use those too for lifting wet hair at roots while it dries.

So if not those, is there a better suggestion?

Here's my whole plan:

1. WCC = lapushka here has been super encouraging of this method and LOC (thanks, lapushka!)

2. LOC = my hair will already be wet so that's the L part, and I'll add a bit of mineral oil and some styling cream I have and need to use up

3. Separate hair right down the middle so there's a right side and a left side. Twist each side up and into a mini bun near the back of crown of head. This should stay out of the way of my pillow, and since the whole weight of my hair is not in one spot and pulling as usual shouldn't be painful. Alternatively, I could do 3 smaller buns across the width of the top of my head to distribute the weight.

My hair is waist length and kind of medium thickness. Fine textured. I've tried several times today to get a pic of my hair uploaded here (as signature pic or in an album) and every thing I've tried I'd get a message it was too large. I gave up.

sourgrl
September 14th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I'm an overnight damp bunner and use spin pins. Recently I've been using a satin handkerchief of sorts to cover the buns. Before the satin handkerchief and spin pins I was using satin scrunchies.

Out grew the satin scrunchies... Woohoo! ;)

Amapola
September 14th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I too use spin pins to bun my hair at night. I do not have enough to do two, one on each side... I just do one, at the top. This has worked well for me and I've seen far less damage. (My hair is really fragile and anything at all seems to damage it.)

Kevah
September 14th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Another spin pin user here...it's the only thing that works for my fine hair!

roseomalley
September 14th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Yes to spin pins. I have fine, thin hair, so I only do one bun high up on my head. I wear it this way every night. (Wet after washing, dry in between). I also sleep on a silk pillowcase. I love spin pins!