PDA

View Full Version : The Gibson tuck

CitrusGirrl
September 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Hello ladies! I have been growing my hair for a while but have only just decided to start actually doing much interesting with it. My favourite discovery is the Gibson tuck, but I am having huge problems getting it to stay up nicely. I only have waist length hair but that seems to be the issue! In case it helps I think my hair is 1b/m/ii! I use spin pins but the thick, poky ends of my hair always seem to work their way out of the roll and then unravel the whole thing *sigh*.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated :)

Hannah x

Madora
September 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
The longer your hair becomes, the harder it is to do a decent Gibson Tuck.

However, you might want to try this:

1) Detangle all hair and comb back
2) Arrange the base for the tuck
3) Let the hair hang straight
4) About 4 or 5 inches from the bottom of the hair, clip it with hair friendly barrette
5) Divide the hair below barrette in 3 sections and braid VERY LOOSELY to the end. Fasten off
6) Now, carefully roll the braid up, little by little, until you are also rolling the straight hair.
7) Tuck/stuff the roll into the tuck receptacle. Pin in place if need be. (Use crimped hairpins, not bobby pins!)

CitrusGirrl
September 14th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you very much, Madora! I will give your tips a try tomorrow. I love how it looks and would like to be able to do it until my hair gets too long. Damn my spiky ends!

gus
September 15th, 2014, 04:02 AM
Another thing you can do is - okay, not sure if I can explain this but it works for me. Basically, bend forward so your hair is hanging down to the floor, brush it all neat and straight, and braid the last six inches or so (like Madora said, losely). Then roll it up until it's about six inches from being done, straighten up, and then roll the rest of the way. I find that the best method, since i don't like having the barette stuck in their (and it's easier for me to get my pins in without bumping into the barette.

Hope this makes sense!

CitrusGirrl
September 15th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Thanks lovelies. I tried the loose braid method last night quickly and had better results. I was going to try it for work today but then got carried away and did Luanna braids turned into a fake crown braid instead (something I saw on another thread).