PDA

View Full Version : Terminals- What Is Your Length?

captaincrunch
September 13th, 2014, 11:49 PM
For those that are at terminal can you tell me what your final length is? I am curious to know. If you know what your heritage is that would be interesting too (i.e. German, French, etc).

I am at TBL and feel like my hair is growing so slow. I always wore it down but am wearing it up now and oiling it in hopes that it will get longer. I know terminal length varies by person but would like to see what people's terminal length turned out to be.

Madora
September 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Well, my hair grew for 25 years uninterrupted (except by small trims) and it was still growing when I had to cut it short.

I grew it out again, starting in 2003, and 14 years later it is 62 inches (approx.) and still growing.

Both my parents had terrific hair genes: Mother was native born, Father came from Loja, Ecuador. We also have some French (Norman) blood too (courtesy of my maternal grandmother).

DreamSheep
September 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Well, my hair grew for 25 years uninterrupted (except by small trims) and it was still growing when I had to cut it short.

I grew it out again, starting in 2003, and 14 years later it is 62 inches (approx.) and still growing.

Both my parents had terrific hair genes: Mother was native born, Father came from Loja, Ecuador. We also have some French (Norman) blood too (courtesy of my maternal grandmother).
Sorry for going completely off-topic - but I did not know you had Ecuadorian genes (though it would explain your amazing hair!). I went to Ecuador this time last year, and I was amazed at how long, thick and shiny everybody's hair was - even the men (men with classic length shiny thick hair is quite a sight!)

As for me, I have no idea, and honestly, I hope I don't figure out my terminal length any time soon :p I think EdG kept his hair at terminal length though (knee-ish?)

Silverbrumby
September 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
My terminal for most of my hair is BSL with a few getting to waist. My dad, Swedish, has similar short terminal genes. My mother is Irish, English descent and has straight as a pin hair, Lon and thick. When I shed most of the shed hair is 6 to 12 inches long. I shed a lot. No medical issues.

trolleypup
September 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I've been around 62" for a while now, but then, I was at 53" for years before I gained a bunch of length so, no promises about this being terminal. Background is chinese and american mutt (mostly welsh-english).

CrazyGrace
September 15th, 2014, 09:33 PM
My hair has never been cut, but since it's curly, length is sort of abstract. I'd say somewhere slightly above tailbone pulled straight. Despite the not cutting, I'm not currently there due to 9 years of living in a desert. It's basically like living inside a blowdryer; heat damage happens when you walk outside and get in the car.

Heritage is also inexact. I have one grandmother who says she came from two long lines of slavetraders, and one who claims to be heinz 57. One of my grandfathers was full blood Italian, but the other, who knows. I think the largest percent would be German (varying amounts in all three non-Italian grandparents) followed by Italian. Beyond that, there are at least some Scottish, several varieties of European and a smattering of various Native American tribes (Cherokee and Hopi at least, and I think at least one more.) Melting pot basically

Sweetalexandria
September 17th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I think mine is waist length.