PDA

View Full Version : NY Renn Faire Braiding

FoxyGhost
September 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I went to the NY Renaissance faire today and I got my hair braided. I thought I would share. I got double 5 stranded braids that combine into a 9 strand. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Anyone else been to their local Renn Faire this year?

http://i62.tinypic.com/10ehcsi.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zyxwky.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/wsmglt.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/200plbc.jpg

dancingpoet
September 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
That is awesome! I've never gone, but I've always wanted to. :)

slynr
September 13th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Wow! That is amazing. What a treat to have someone braid your hair so beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

FoxyGhost
September 13th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Other than the braiding today was not to great. It was rainy and I think I stained my new top but most years I have a lot of fun.

RapunzelKat
September 13th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Awesome braids, FoxyGhost! :thumbsup:

ooglipoo
September 13th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Super beautiful, FoxyGhost!

Larki
September 13th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Oh my gosh, beautiful braids, and your hair is so thick!

Becs
September 13th, 2014, 06:06 PM
That is exquisite braiding! I love it so much! And on a slightly unrelated note, I also love your hair color

gthlvrmx
September 13th, 2014, 06:11 PM
That's beautiful!!! I love it

skeletonous
September 13th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Gorgeous! :D

Madora
September 13th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Simply magnificent, FoxyGhost!!!! Your hair looks stunning!

How long did it take? Did the braider put anything on your hair? How long IS your hair..and what did it cost?

DweamGoiL
September 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Beautiful!!!!!

Clarkie
September 13th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I've never seen anything like that.......:thud: Absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing that :)

meteor
September 13th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Oh my! Your braid is magnificent! :thudpile:

The braider is a true master! :applause I really wish I could do something like that some day!

Creagan
September 13th, 2014, 09:11 PM
That is amazing. I've never been to a Ren. fair, but now I kind of wanna go just to have somebody do that to my hair...

Gumball
September 13th, 2014, 09:14 PM
That's so pretty! It was very well done.

lunasea
September 13th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Unbelievable hair; unbelievable braids!!!

Chiaroscuro
September 13th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Yes, please tell us how long it took and how much it cost. Now I want to attend a Renaissance faire just to have my hair braided. Thanks so very much for sharing---beau.ti.ful!!

restless
September 13th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Oh my...! The hairstyle itself is lovely and so is your hair :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 13th, 2014, 10:27 PM
That is just amazing, lucky you to be able to get your hair braided like that!

DaniJoy
September 13th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Beautiful braid! I love getting my hair braided at local ren or dickens faire! Yay :)

hela
September 13th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Amazing braid, it really suits your hair type (which is gorgeous, by the way).

ladyfey
September 14th, 2014, 04:26 AM
I went to the Maryland ren fair last weekend. It was great, my kids are 5 years old were able to really enjoy it! Before kids, I would get my hair braided, with them, I can't expect them to wait around for that :)

embee
September 14th, 2014, 06:58 AM
That is so elegant! I don't have enough hair for such a style... my plain 3-strand English braid is skinny.

SkyChild
September 14th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Absolutely beautiful ^^
I'm so jealous. I can't believe we don't have Ren Fairs where I am. Maybe I should google it but I'm fairly sure there aren't any. That'll be the first thing I'll change once Scotland has it's freeeeeeeedom!

Phexlyn
September 14th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Wow that looks gorgeous, FoxyGhost! I'm a bit jealous, too, because there are no hair braiders at our Ren Faires. And your hair is absolutely beautiful! :)

FoxyGhost
September 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Simply magnificent, FoxyGhost!!!! Your hair looks stunning!

How long did it take? Did the braider put anything on your hair? How long IS your hair..and what did it cost?

It took her about 30 minutes but I noticed other braiders were a little faster. she joked that she was a perfectionist. I asked her not to put anything in my hair but others were only getting a little
hairspray. The cost was $41 plus a tip and they did not charge extra for long or thick hair so I thought it was a good deal.

Edited to add: Thanks for all the kind comments!

CitrusGirrl
September 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM
That is just incredible :O I need to train up my housemates!

CitrusGirrl
September 14th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Absolutely beautiful ^^
I'm so jealous. I can't believe we don't have Ren Fairs where I am. Maybe I should google it but I'm fairly sure there aren't any. That'll be the first thing I'll change once Scotland has it's freeeeeeeedom!

I've been to Tewkesbury medieval fayre (closest thing I can think of in the UK) and never seen a braider :(

FoxyGhost
September 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I've been to Tewkesbury medieval fayre (closest thing I can think of in the UK) and never seen a braider :(

It was really popular at our Faire. There are two different braiding shops and they both have 3 braiders working at them.

Madora
September 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks very much for the info, FoxyGhost! She did an incredible job. Your hair looks magnificent..plus a color to.die.for! You lucky, lucky you!!

two_wheels
September 14th, 2014, 04:05 PM
No UK braiders? Right, that's it, I'm jacking in the day job. I'll be swanning up and down the UK in swishy skirts, reeking of patchouli, singing bawdy folk songs and braiding the hair of everyone who comes near me.

Who's with me?

***wakes up***
FoxyGhost, that's an amazing job they did on your beautiful hair!

cathair
September 14th, 2014, 04:16 PM
That's incredible FoxyGhost! I can hardly believe how much hair you have :crush:

No UK braiders? Right, that's it, I'm jacking in the day job. I'll be swanning up and down the UK in swishy skirts, reeking of patchouli, singing bawdy folk songs and braiding the hair of everyone who comes near me.

Who's with me?

***wakes up***

I don't think my hands or my braiding skills are up to it. But I could pass you hair toys, hold hair sections and sing songs with you? :D

two_wheels
September 14th, 2014, 04:19 PM
That's incredible FoxyGhost! I can hardly believe how much hair you have :crush:

I don't think my hands or my braiding skills are up to it. But I could pass you hair toys, hold hair sections and sing songs with you? :D

My braiding skills aren't that hot either, I'm more of a hobbyist. But if we're the only ones, we don't have to be that good. You're hired!

Jennwith4
September 14th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I went to the NY Renaissance faire today and I got my hair braided. I thought I would share. I got double 5 stranded braids that combine into a 9 strand. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Anyone else been to their local Renn Faire this year?

http://i62.tinypic.com/10ehcsi.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zyxwky.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/wsmglt.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/200plbc.jpg

That is some beautiful braiding! Wow, 9 strands! I haven't braved over 5 yet.
I've never been to a Renaissance Fair but would love to go. I have a friend that used to be really into them. Her wedding was done in that style.

TrapperCreekD
September 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
:thudpile: Simply gorgeous!

Sparklylady82
September 14th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Soooo Pretty! I have never been to a Rennaisance Fair but there is one local going on right now...I think I am going to go!

DreamSheep
September 14th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Wow!
That is absolutely breathtaking! I take it the two five strandbraids are interwoven into each other as they converge?
And I'm quite impressed she managed it in 30 minutes actually - the braider is extremely skilled! (I recently had an updo for a ball - and the whole process took them 1h45, although they did wash and, ack, blowdry and heat style)

I suspect the style must also give amazing braidwaves too. :) And I echo others - you have a lovely vibrant hair colour too!

kitana97
September 15th, 2014, 12:39 AM
So pretty :)

FoxyGhost
September 15th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Wow!
That is absolutely breathtaking! I take it the two five strandbraids are interwoven into each other as they converge?
And I'm quite impressed she managed it in 30 minutes actually - the braider is extremely skilled! (I recently had an updo for a ball - and the whole process took them 1h45, although they did wash and, ack, blowdry and heat style)

I suspect the style must also give amazing braidwaves too. :) And I echo others - you have a lovely vibrant hair colour too!

Sadly my hair does not hold any curl or wave pattern other than what comes out my head for more then 30 minutes. While it lasted I had huge hair that almost looked crimped.

Libbylou
September 15th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I went to a Ren faire on Saturday. I have had my hair braided before at another one. I never thought of asking them not to use product. I did look at the book on Saturday and if I was going to have it done I would have chosen the exact same one as you. I bought my first wooden hair fork instead.
Beautiful hair and braid.

momschicklets
September 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM
This is just spectacular....your hair and the braid! Wow!

Jac
September 15th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Oh my god, that braiding looks AMAZING! I was at the NY Renn Faire the weekend before last, and I saw the braiding booths, and it made me sad that I don't have hair long enough to get braided! Maybe next year... :D

SkyChild
September 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM

Who's with me?

***wakes up***

I'd be up for that two_wheels!
Maybe I should practice and start a stall going at any Ren faires I can find, seeing as there's an obvious gap in the market. Ooooooh. To dream!

Santi
September 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Wow, FoxyGhost! Beautiful braids & beautiful hair color.

Chiaroscuro
September 21st, 2014, 04:34 PM
THANKS for the inspiration, FoxyGhost! Seeing you inspired me to get a 5 strand braid, take a pix, and use it as my first-ever member pix. It was well worth the $34 to get it braided. Usually, I avoid hair dressers as if they are frightful witches but this was a very natural process, and they didn't put any products in my hair. SOOOO HAPPY!!

Lindenare
September 21st, 2014, 04:54 PM
Seeing you inspired me to get a 5 strand braid, take a pix, and use it as my first-ever member pix.

That is one gorgeous braid, Chiaroscuro! :thud:

Chiaroscuro
September 21st, 2014, 05:41 PM
That is one gorgeous braid, Chiaroscuro! :thud:

Awww....how sweet...you can't know how happy you have made me. Thank you, Lindenare!