PDA

View Full Version : Trying a new product

Eastbound&Down
September 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM
So I was browsing the hair care aisle and decided to try something new. It's called Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil. The ingredients look compatible with my no sulfate/silicone routine so I'm going to add it to my leave in concoction and see how it goes! I haven't added to my routine in a while so it is about time :)

Has anyone heard of this or used it and liked/disliked it?

Ingredients list:
Glycine Soja (soybean) oil, Methyl Soyate, Glycine Vulgare (wheat) Grem oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) oil, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Melaeuca Alterifolia (tea tree) Leaf oil, Zea Mays (corn) oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ergocalciferol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Lawsonia Intermis (Henna) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (hops) Extract, Equisetum Hywmale Extract, Chaomila Recutita, (Matricaria) Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Propylparaben, BHA, BHT, Fragrance/Parfum, Green 6, Yellow 11, Red 17.

meteor
September 12th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I haven't tried this particular product, but I love hair oils, and the ingredients in this one look top-notch! :thumbsup:
(I know some people avoid parabens, but all the research I've read on this makes me pretty comfortable using them.)

I wouldn't necessarily expect hair to thicken up, but it should help overall strength/elasticity of hair and keep your scalp nice and moisturized if you have any dryness issues. Should be good for pre-poo oil massages. :)

Eastbound&Down
September 12th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah I don't really need to get thicker hair, my hair is pretty thick as it is. I just was really impressed with the ingredients and price. It was only $6.

Eastbound&Down
September 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
UPDATE: Made my hair kind of greasy but it feels good after a wash so I may use as a pre-wash oil for my overnight treatments. So far, thumbs up :):thumbsup: