PDA

View Full Version : Is your hair 'long'?

dogzdinner
September 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Seems a weird question I know (on this forum) but it seems to me the idea of long hair is very subjective!
Just curious as to how long peoples hair had to be before they thought 'wow!! Ive got really long hair!!':D

Im still waiting for my wow moment...have you had yours yet?;)

Eastbound&Down
September 12th, 2014, 02:44 PM
For me it around MBL/WL where I can reach behind me and touch it without having to really bend my arm :)

DweamGoiL
September 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I am at WL and I feel it's long. In the past I went down to TBL and it was heavy, took forever to dry, and got into EVERYTHING so I had to keep it bunned all the time. Since I like wearing it down, this is long enough for me!

lapushka
September 12th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Half an inch from TBL here, and yes, I think that's pretty long. My goal is classic, though, if it's still comfortable enough to deal with by then.

DarkSunny
September 12th, 2014, 02:52 PM
I think once I hit TBL when it's dry (and curled up) will be when my hair begins to feel long for me.

Wosie
September 12th, 2014, 03:04 PM
No, not really. Sometimes I notice that the hair is lying differently than it has been doing for many years now (I don't think I've had longer hair than ~APL since I was around 16), and it makes me realise that my hair has grown and that it's changing character, which is nice and exciting! But no, I don't feel that my hair's long. It'll probably take at least until waist length until I feel like it's long again. :)

martyna_22
September 12th, 2014, 03:14 PM
When I was at chin, I felt like BSL would be such an achievement. Like it'd feel extremely long (very few people had long hair where I lived). So I started growing.. And my goal changed to waist. Now that I'm at can-I-call-this-waist (for the second time), I feel like my hair is "long". Not super long, just long enough. :)

Madora
September 12th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Yes, my wow moment happened about a week or so ago. My niece measured my hair with a cloth tape measure..and my hair was 2 inches longer than the tape measure...62"! Now not all of my hair is 62" but I'm very happy with the length and have achieved my goal. I'm thinking of growing maybe another 6 inches.

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I'm at shoulder, and it feels so short.

BSL is long to me. That's my goal. Although I might also grow to waist. Anything longer than that is too long imo, and anything past butt length verges on creepy for me.

GetMeToWaist
September 12th, 2014, 03:41 PM
My hair is quite long i would say. It will be properly long at waist.

lunalocks
September 12th, 2014, 03:47 PM
At TB I feel my hair is "finally getting long". When I say this out loud, my family laughs at me. Of course it is long. But it doesn't FEEL that way to me. Not yet.

I think that classic is the milestone that will make the difference for me. I hope. I once felt that way about the long anticipated waist. We'll see.

Becs
September 12th, 2014, 03:55 PM
My hair looks long to me in pictures, yet it does not feel properly long to me yet, or look long to me when I look in the mirror day to day. Which is rather funny because this is the longest my hair has ever been. I always thought that once my hair touched my pants it would feel really long, but now that it is super close to that point I still feel like I need it longer!

RileyJane
September 12th, 2014, 04:03 PM
My hair feels medium length right now to me, but every person that sees it down gushes about how long it is and such, so i guess its long to society's viewpoint, but not yet to mine. waist feels good, but hip will feel long to me

chen bao jun
September 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM
My hair is now the longest its ever been, but it doesn't feel like it because usually when it's been longer, I've had it straightened. It's still not as long now unstraightened as its usually been straightened--I guess when I get to that length, it will seem 'long'. Though that won't be LHC 'long' lol.
I admire LHC lengths, but I still think mid back is long hair and waist length is DEFINITELY long hair. I see both of those lengths in real life, but not often. And to me, real life is more real than the internet, if that makes sense. So loving the photos on LHC as I do, I still think its what I see with my own eyes in real life is what counts and I jsut don't think there are so many people in the world with classic or knee length hair that a person doesn't have long hair until they get to those lengths.

arr
September 12th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Around the time i found this forum, i was reading a book where the girl was described as having waist length hair and a braid that reached nearly to her waist. It sounded so long to me! I was inspired to grow my hair to waist and figured i would happily maintain there. Well now that im a little past waist it really doesnt feel that long to me. It feels medium long, not long. My plan now is to just grow my hair until it feels long, wherever that is, and then maintain.

arr
September 12th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I forgot to add that the really strange thing is, i regularly see people who i feel have long hair, but then i realize that it is shorter than mine! I don't understand why my brain would perceive theirs as long but when i look at my hair in the mirror, it seems shorter. Very weird.

dancingpoet
September 12th, 2014, 05:30 PM
My hair is pretty much at TB, so it's starting to feel long (my hair was classic+ for years, so I still don't think my hair is long). I have the same issue with seeing people with long hair that is shorter than mine and thinking that it's longer... hair dysmorphia, lol. I was at work the other day, and a woman with, I guess, around hip length hair came in, and one of my coworkers commented that her hair was long like mine, so I asked her if my hair is longer than the woman's was, so, I pulled my hair stick out, my coworker told me my hair was longer, and then I broke the hair stick when putting my hair back up. Oh well, it was a cheap one anyway. :/

Nadine <3
September 12th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Longer than I'm used to it being. Long for me and short compared to a lot of the ladies here

Sarahlabyrinth
September 12th, 2014, 05:42 PM
When my hair reached waist I began feeling that it was long. It is now at hip. I hope that once it reaches classic length I will begin to think of it as being super long.

jacqueline101
September 12th, 2014, 06:07 PM
I'm at no mans land my hair lies at different lengths. Even though it's straight it still shrinks up anyways I don't think my hair is long. I think it's just average.

Creagan
September 12th, 2014, 06:39 PM
At WL, I finally feel like I have "long hair" again, although this is easily the longest I've ever grown it.

Larki
September 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I'm at waist, and I don't feel that my hair is long, but only because I've nearly always had my hair around midback/waist length. I think TBL is the point where I'll start thinking, "Wow, my hair is long!"

darklyndsea
September 12th, 2014, 07:14 PM
My hair started feeling long once it got past the period where, at classic, it took a break to become curlier rather than longer-when-dry.

curlylocks85
September 12th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Seems a weird question I know (on this forum) but it seems to me the idea of long hair is very subjective!
Just curious as to how long peoples hair had to be before they thought 'wow!! Ive got really long hair!!':D

Im still waiting for my wow moment...have you had yours yet?;)

When I was straightening my hair, it got to BSL and, it felt long to me. Now that I am at CBL, with my natural curly hair, I find that it feels really short. Like you said, subjective perspective.

Knifegill
September 12th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I'm at neck, and won't call it long until it's at my ankles!

ghost
September 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I didn't really start feeling like my hair was long until it brushed my hip bones when pulled in front of me, which was somewhere in between hip and tailbone. Now I'm at TBL and sometimes I feel like my hair is only objectively long, other times I'm pleasantly surprised by how long it looks.

ARG
September 12th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I'm at MBL (nearly waist, I think), and I think it is long...for me. I want it longer, still. I was between APL and BSL when someone described me as having long hair, I thought "Really? This is long to you?"

Everyone's perception of long or short, quickly or slowly, near or far, are totally different.

queenovnight
September 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm scraping BCL and still don't have that feeling. I mean, I think my hair is long, but not "WOW long" yet.

tokugawa.miyako
September 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm at MBL and it still feels short to me. I feel like that might change once I hit waist or hip, but even then, I likely won't feel it's long enough. :shrug:

Rushli
September 12th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I realized when I see others' hair that I start to think of past APL as long. Not pretty long, super long or even close to WOW long, but long. 'Pretty long' happened to me when I hit MBL. I predict super long will be when I hit my goal of BCL. Wow long probably would be mid thigh if I ever decided to go there, though if I saw anyone with WL in person, I would probably be wowed, since I only see a random person here or there.

MsPharaohMoan
September 12th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Just past waist length and realizing how few people actually have my length+. I keep mine in a 'stealth bun' against hair's wishes, so I admire other people's do's to get my hair fix during the day… I've been thinking lately how strange and stunted hair looks when it's short. I notice some girls have it long and down but I don't see how that's really conducive to hair growth and retention, especially for how often I see it caught in a knapsack strap or rubbing against a chair back. I know a few people who keep their hair down and maintain at tbl and that's glorious but… I love taking my stealth bun down at the end of the day and being like, HAIR HAIR HAIR OH SO LONG N PRETTY GROW PLZ MOAR? I feel special, like a unicorn.

Of course, I proudly display my hair toys in hopes of attracting a fellow unicorn… ;)

Oh gosh. Can you tell it's late and I've spent too much time thinking about this question throughout my day? :sleep /endrant

Jumper
September 12th, 2014, 11:08 PM
At somewhere past waist, I would say yes it is long.

I've noticed (haven't had a cut since January) that as it's grown I've started keeping it bunned more than braided because the bun stays out of my way better and hides it from other people. The sheer length of it is both wonderful and irritating (I love looking at it and touching it but I hate the feeling of it brushing my elbows and I hate how hot it gets in the summer) and I figure for now at least I'll keep growing it.

After all, it takes a lot more time to grow it than it does to chop it off... I can go shorter in an instant but it would take years to grow it back out to this point from a massive chop.

Natalina
September 12th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I finally felt long when I got to TBL again about a month ago. :) I find it quite impressive that I could grow from Waist to TBL in a year, what with my lack of care for it and dyeing it 3 times in a year! :P

CitrusEscape
September 13th, 2014, 12:05 AM
My hair is still very short at apl. It's going to take me years until I reach my goal length of hip length hair.

Marika
September 13th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Tailbone length felt like long to me. Now I'm at waist and my hair feels kinda short (well, not short but just longish) because it's been longer. If this was my first time at waist, it would probably feel longer. Yeah, it's very subjective!:p

dogzdinner
September 13th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Im hoping tailbone will be wow hair for me! Waist length is pretty average where I live and you see ladies with bunned hair alot so I def dont feel like anything special.
meh....Id probably get to classic and still feel like I had short hair! After all its all going on behind you and you cant really see it can you!LOL

Knifegill
September 13th, 2014, 02:37 AM
I think hair dysmorphia is normal here. We gawk at people with 9 feet of hair often enough, and suddenly knee length is just meh. We are spoiled!

Cania
September 13th, 2014, 03:02 AM
I usually think hip+ is long, so at TBL I suppose mine is. Thing is, hair grows so slowly that by the time it's long, you're so used to it that you don't even notice!

Sarden
September 13th, 2014, 03:10 AM
In the land of LHC my hair doesn't feel that long but in everyday life I'd describe my hair as "quite long". Im between bsl and mbl.

Phexlyn
September 13th, 2014, 03:13 AM
For me, it's long when it's at least waist length. By LHC standards probably around tailbone :)

ashke50
September 13th, 2014, 03:48 AM
My hair (at just past classic) sometimes feels long to me, and sometimes feels average length. It is about 6 inches longer than I've ever had my hair before, so you'd think it would feel very long, but no...
It almost never looks long to me, but I did catch sight if it at a strange angle in the mirror the other day and it actually looked long.
I used to feel like my hair was long if it was past nipple length.

Previously while I felt my own hair wasn't long I did think other people had long hair once they were around hip/TB. Now I catch myself admiring the "nice, medium length hair" of TB length hair in the wild!

Hair dysmorphia, what can you do?

LilyMarleen
September 13th, 2014, 03:59 AM
My hair is at BSL. Compared to my height I think it's long, but when I compare the actual length with others, I think it's pretty short.

Dreams_in_Pink
September 13th, 2014, 04:02 AM
I don't consider my hair "long" now at waist. I think the WOW factor begins at hip length. Waist length never felt that long to me, more like "medium" :D

Nellon
September 13th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I think it depends on the longest your hair has been perhaps? For me it's starting to feel long, and don't kill me now fellow LHC:ers, I'm only a bit past collarbone! But I never had long hair really in my life, so for me this is comparatively long! Yay!

schnibbles
September 13th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I don't consider my hair long... it's just not there yet. Maybe tailbone will feel long.

Singing Bird
September 13th, 2014, 06:38 AM
My hair will reach mid thigh in a few month. To me my hair felt "long" at classic.

BrendaLoan
September 13th, 2014, 06:47 AM
I know my hair is long, because people keep telling me so. But it doesn't feel long yet... and I blame YOU, LHC!! :p Maybe at classic...? :rolleyes:

Caraid♫
September 13th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I do think I have "long" hair, I mean I don't think there's anyone in the real world who wouldn't say it's long. I thought waist would feel long though and it didn't, but now that I'm closer to tailbone, even though it doesn't always feel long, I can appreciate that it actually is pretty long in most peoples' eyes

Gertrude
September 13th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Yes, it's long. Most women in my part of the city are between APL and BSL. So at those lengths my hair didn't feel long. I have made it to MBL, about 3 inches from waist and I am 5 ft 9 and I can easily touch my hair behind me without having to move my arm up or bend my head to make the hair longer. I want to make it to waist but I want to do it with my slight U shape hemline. So hair looks the same length all around in front and back. My hair is happier with the blunt hemline and on me I dislike wispy ends as my hair is so fine and not thick.

BSL as in longer than is pretty much where society sees very long here. Whenever Catherine duchess of Cambridge's hair grows any longer than BSL lots of magazine and newspapers begin to spout about her hair looking unkempt or whatever.

So I proudly feel vaguely creepy (-; But whenever I braid my hair it feels short. Hmm. But I can do the Nautilus even if it doesn't last but for a few hours.

StellaKatherine
September 13th, 2014, 08:46 AM
My hair is at TB lenght right now and only now I am kinda starting to feel that it is starting to be longish :D But then again I had short hair last time at age of 5 and after that the lenght was around waist more and less. So I guess I just used to have it not short ;) I hope I will be at classic lenght at this time next year and feel that it is finally LONG :D

chen bao jun
September 13th, 2014, 10:28 AM
This is so true.
As for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, yes, they pick on her when her hair gets 'too long' but the worst when when she allowed her grey roots to show when Prince George had just been born--you would think the sky had fallen down--I wish they'd leave the woman alone, honestly. I'm so glad not to be a celebrity of any kind because I think they get extra extra pressure to fit society's (often contradictory) expectations.

I think hair dysmorphia is normal here. We gawk at people with 9 feet of hair often enough, and suddenly knee length is just meh. We are spoiled!

DreamSheep
September 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
For the past two years my hair felt long because it was the longest I'd ever had it, and after a period of having very short hair.
However, when I came to this forum, I had a desire to reach much greater lengths, so it only feels medium long as opposed to as long as I want it (although everyone else tells me how long my hair has gotten, so it's definitely my perception). :)

Also, had a stalk of all the girls in high school (who used to make fun of my hair, and I remember them all as having super long hair), and I'd say my hair is now as long or longer than they all had it. :D

hennalonghair
September 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
No!!!!!!!!

Entangled
September 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Sometimes yes, it feels like its getting to be long, but other times it feels short. Around here, waist is not at all uncommon, though there are many with short hair, so my hair isn't really very long compared to others. However, anything short of tailbone is not super long in my eyes. Very long, yes, by the thud only happens at longer. Curse you, comparisons!

Maplecat
September 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
My hair is a few inches away from waist and it is long. I'm 37 and I do not see very many women my age with hair at BSL. Others began commenting on my hair being long once it reached APL.

burny
September 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
'long' is VERY based on personal perception. eg. about 10/5000 people I've seen, have hair that is TBL, but I still consider my hair to be way longer than theirs, because of layering, hemline, etc.
eg. when I have TBL in a few months, my longest hair will be about 42" long, but all the TBL's I've seen in RL, have their longest strands being about 25-30".. some people would say that is "just as long as mine", but I think most people who have/had longer would think different.

Stormynights
September 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM
My hair seems very long when I am brushing it. It is just past waist. My braids don't seem long at all. I consider any hair past BSL long. Short hair to me is above the collar.

stargazer616
September 13th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I recently realized that since I'm already past hip, BCL, and TBL, I am solidly in "butt territory." This is the point where I almost never see people with hair as long as mine, so it feels pretty long.

Yeesha
September 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Yes. I think it's long (I'm between tailbone and classic) and I felt this way since it was about hip length. :)

ExpectoPatronum
September 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM
It's always interested me in how subjective long hair is, and how even whether someone considers their own hair long can vary based on their location.

For example, at home, I have long hair. MBL isn't a very common length as most people have APL or above.

Now where I'm currently living for school, I feel like I have short hair. There's a lot of girls with beautiful waist length and longer hair.

ManeSqueeze
September 13th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I've found that pop culture says that long hair is anywhere from bsl to belly button length. I'm even at almost tailbone and I'm not considered super long hair by my coworkers, just long hair I think super long is at classic for the normal non long hair person.

Robot Ninja
September 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I considered it long when I started sitting on it, so just shy of classic. By LHC standards, I think classic is long; it seems a lot of people have that as their goal length. Past classic, the thud emotes come out in droves and past knee is what I'd consider hardcore long.

Saldana
September 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
My hair doesn't really seem long to me right now....it's just now getting long enough to put up with a stick (or two). Before the big chop, I started feeling like my hair was 'long' when it got to waist length. When it got to tailbone, yeah, it was long. :)

gthlvrmx
September 13th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I had that moment I think when I reached hip length. But my hair really feels short right now :P

rowie
September 13th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'm at hip+ length and I still feel like my hair is super short!!! maybe because I'm 5'11", and so every milestone seems like forever. I don't know when my wow factor will be. Maybe if my hair is long enough that it gets to challenging for me? If that will ever happen. Hehehe

princesspoppy
September 14th, 2014, 03:21 AM
for me my hair starts feeling long at waist :)

Lindenare
September 14th, 2014, 06:37 AM
My hair reached tailbone recently; I know it's technically long as far as culture and non-LHC people are concerned, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Maybe when I approach classic . . . sigh. Hair dysmorphia, such a lovely thing. :)

battles
September 14th, 2014, 08:01 AM
My hair isn't quite APL yet, so not long. When it was nearing waist it felt pretty long to me since I'd never grown it out before.

I don't think I'd want it past classic, but I consider that extremely long. I've never seen hair that long in person.

kitana97
September 14th, 2014, 02:55 PM
It felt long to me when my hair was scraping bcl and I was wearing a crop top so I could feel it against my skin. Now that I'm used to it, it doesn't feel long anymore :( I think it will feel really long once I hit classic.

AmberJewel
September 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I used to think waist was long. Now I'm at hip and it feels like my hair is still short. It might feel long to me once I hit tailbone, or fingertip length (my ultimate goal).

hannabiss
September 14th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I think bsl is long. Not AMAZINGLY long. But long to the average bear.

hannabiss
September 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Since my hair is sl no it's not long :)

FallingDarkness
September 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM
My hair is only BSL/MBL right now so it's still short. Ugh. Grow hair grow! *glares at hair*

Larki
September 14th, 2014, 05:14 PM
FallingDarkness, is your avatar picture old? I would've had you pegged at APL from your avatar.

FallingDarkness
September 14th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah my avvie pic is from... Late March I believe.
My hair has grown a LOT since then.
I've been considering updating my avatar pic... But I'm lazy LOL.

ClassicAim
September 15th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I have armpit length hair and I feel like it is medium length :) x

My personal categories of hair :):
Very short ~ Bald - pixie
Short ~ pixie - shoulder length
Medium ~ past Shoulder length - Waist length
Long ~ past Waist - Tailbone length
Super long ~ Classic +

These are how i personally feel and I welcome discussion and my mind is not set :) x

YGDW
September 15th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I wonder whether there is a correlation between time spent on LHC and determination of 'long'. Actually, I'm quite convinced that there is one. :)

Anyway, does my hair feel long? Not THAT long, but a little long, yes. When I meet up with someone I don't know, I sometimes say that I have long red hair. Over here, it feels rather short though.

vicvic
September 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
My hair is only BSL/MBL right now so it's still short. Ugh. Grow hair grow! *glares at hair*

Lol I know that feeling, just glaring at your hair...willing it to grow faster...

I used to think of long as maybe bsl and longer, but since looking around on here now I really know what long hair is!

ClassicAim
September 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
YGDW - I completely agree that there is a correlation between time spend on LHC and definition of 'long'. I know when i was lurking here for a while my definition of how long I wanted my hair to be slowly crept from waist to classic as well as what I perceived to be long hair

Savvyhorsez
September 15th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I'm at calf length and it still doesn't seem long yet.

Katlette
September 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I think my hair (WL+) is long. I would always describe it as long if asked, last time I saw a hair dresser at 4 inches shorter she thought my hair was ridiculously long, I only know a handful of people personally with longer hair, the youtube tutorials that work for me are the ones for long or even 'very long' hair. So, for all intents and purposes, I have long hair.

That said, I don't think it's long enough, and it definitely doesn't feel long to me. It's still normal-long rather than thud-worthy-long. I think TBL+ is where it starts looking exceptionally long. Of course, I might not think that anymore when I reach it! :D

Symbiotek
September 15th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I'm currently somewhere between APL and BSL, and while I know my hair is not short, it doesn't feel long either. Or rather, long enough. My current goal is to hit waist by May 2016, and I'm pretty sure I'll still be feeling the same then as I do today... :D

Zesty
September 15th, 2014, 03:37 PM
No.

Sad day.

In all seriousness, though, I felt I had long hair when I was about hip/TBL. I was aware that my hair was considered long by muggles around BSL. Actually I've had people comment on my "long" hair already and it's not even APL. But to use the YouTube test, "medium" hair tutorials are too short (generally shoulderish) and "long" hair tutorials are often too long. The joys of being in-between. I like to think that it'll feel long at waist... if not, then maybe it'll finally feel really long at classic!

FallingDarkness
September 15th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I have armpit length hair and I feel like it is medium length :) x

My personal categories of hair :):
Very short ~ Bald - pixie
Short ~ pixie - shoulder length
Medium ~ past Shoulder length - Waist length
Long ~ past Waist - Tailbone length
Super long ~ Classic +

These are how i personally feel and I welcome discussion and my mind is not set :) x

That is a GIANT chunk for medium length hair LOL. That's like.... What. Two years of hair growth for most?

kmoc123
September 15th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Yes it is long! A bit past classic, about finger tip, on the way to knee...

Long_hair_bear
September 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
As my hair took longer and longer to braid, I realized how long it was getting. Its pushing 3 feet. Its now tickling my elbows and laying in my lap when I sit down. My wow moment came when I realized that I barely ever saw someone with hair longer than mine in real life. Not a vanity statement, just fact.....

woodswanderer
September 15th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I suppose it's long, but it doesn't seem as long as it actually is in real life.

Ingrid
September 15th, 2014, 08:08 PM
I think it's probably considered long by most people's standards but it doesn't feel that long to me. My hair used to be Classic length so relative to that hip length doesn't feel "long" to me.

YvetteVarie
September 16th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I am APLish at the moment, and everyone IRL says I have long hair. I will feel I have long hair when I pass BSL. In fact, I will practically be a unicorn by then :laugh:

Federica
September 16th, 2014, 02:47 AM
My hair started to feel quite long when my front bangs, which I'm growing out since 3 years, reached waist, but my ultimate goal is classic with blunt hem, so it's a long way to go.
But since I reached a solid hip lenght in the back and waist in the front I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Lady melissa
September 16th, 2014, 03:49 AM
I'm just a bit past classic, and still it doesn't 'feel' long, LOL....

Robot Ninja
September 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
woodswanderer, what is that style in your middle sig pic? It's gorgeous.

Johannah
September 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Almost hip. Doesn't feel long AT ALL.

AmyBeth
September 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I felt "long" at WL. Just not long enough!:p I always thought I had a very short terminal length, so every milestone I pass is delightful to me.

MaryO
September 16th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Even though my hair is just past BSL it is the longest it's ever been and I have longest hair in my entire family! So yes, my hair is rather long (to me!) :-)

BogwoodElf
September 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM
On other women, I don't consider hair as long, unless it is at least waist length (whatever her height).

But on men, I consider shoulder length as "long" (go figure!).

On myself, because I have had beyond "classic" length hair, several times, I sadly don't even consider that long on me anymore. I'm presently at TBL, and it in no way feels long to me. It's just normal. I am assuming around "fingertip", I may have a revival of "OMG, my hair is so long!"... I hope. :o

Aurum
September 16th, 2014, 07:45 PM
WL doesn't feel long at all on me, although it looks long on others. Body image distortion?

PurpleSunshine
September 16th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I feel the same, Aurum. I have classic length now (yay!) but it still feels so short, I can't explain it, but I feel like its still so short, I can't wait until knee, maybe it will feel long then?

Ingrid
September 16th, 2014, 08:28 PM
WL doesn't feel long at all on me, although it looks long on others. Body image distortion?

Agreed, I feel the same! It's bizarre :shrug:

Begemot
September 17th, 2014, 05:23 AM
My hair didn't feel or look long when it was almost tbl aka for me the longest ever. Then I had to cut it and it felt so very short. Later on I found some pictures and there my hair looked so long and pretty, I was in shock since back then I did not see my hair the way it looked in the pics. I suspect some sort of distortion, too.

Lady melissa
September 17th, 2014, 06:36 AM
i might feel it's long, if i ever reach kneelength LOL