PDA

View Full Version : Am I having a protein problem or is the true nature of my hair showing?

kelseyxface
September 11th, 2014, 08:38 AM
So I recently tried to morrocco method shampoo line. I really like it, definitely a learning curve though. My hair feels clean and smells really earthy. Now I noticed very quickly that my ends were SUPER dry when using this product. My roots felt fine, but my ends were like hay. Now I know that this is a classic sign of too much protein, seeing as all of the MM shampoos contain blood of the dragon protein in each shammpoo. Now I also have bleached hair. My other theory is that my ends are so porous from the bleach that when I switched to a natural shampoo, there were no cones and fillers and the etc. filling in my swiss cheese ends.

I just used henna for the first time last night and WOWEE is my hair shiny, and my ends actually do feel better. And I was still shampooing with the morrocco method when the only thing I did different was washed the henna out with shea moisture shampoo. Any help trouble shooting? Or even a link to a thread on how to balance between protein and moisture treatments because I am so confused. ):

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 01:31 PM
What in the h e double hockey sticks is blood of the dragon protein lol? Can we just make up ingredients? I'm going to start amd company that harnesses the power of unicorn drool heehee jk

sarahthegemini
January 5th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Blood of the dragon? Sorry, what?! Also, having dry ends is not necessarily a sign of too much protein (I don't know why protein has such a bad rep around here! It seems people blame it for everything) It could simply be that the shampoo is too harsh, and your previously bleached ends can't handle it. You could try just shampooing your scalp and see if that helps. Or a leave in conditioner.

mariechin1234
January 5th, 2015, 06:25 PM
My hair gets dry when I use chemically-made shampoo but not with those organic one. Make sure there is absence of paraben and sulfate, which worsen hair problems.

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I don't think protein has a bad rep per say but it just doesn't work for some . My virgin hair loved it , but my henna hair does not :/. When I use it I notice tangly dry hair that sticks together and it's been different products so not just one particular one. Some people can use conditioners containing it and deep protein treatments and their hair loves it from what I've read. Also the thing i take from reading is to always deep condition with a moisturizing condish after any protein treatment .