PDA

View Full Version : Legit ways to get thicker hair?

Chocowalnut
September 9th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I know mostly thickness of hair depends on genetics.. are there any things you can do though, maybe that you've tried and that's worked, to get thicker hair? Mine is very thin and I really would like it to be thicker.

lapushka
September 9th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Henna bulked up my strands. Apart from that... sorry, but magic doesn't happen.

bunzfan
September 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I know mostly thickness of hair depends on genetics.. are there any things you can do though, maybe that you've tried and that's worked, to get thicker hair? Mine is very thin and I really would like it to be thicker.

Have you tried the thickening shampoos/styling products?? sometimes they help back when i had layers i used the John Freida range.

Siowiel
September 9th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Protect hair as much as possible to use all potential your hair has - the less damage, the more hair!

Anje
September 9th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Make sure your health is where it should be. It won't do to have conditions like thyroid problems thinning your hair down further from its natural state.

Sometimes, experimenting with your washing method can give you something that is a bit ... fluffier. It's not really thicker, but one wash method might deflate your hair more than another.

Knifegill
September 9th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Also, examine your post-shower drying routine. There are a lot of things you can do to add apparent volume to your hair just by drying it differently.

LongHairLesbian
September 9th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Henna bulked up my strands. Apart from that... sorry, but magic doesn't happen.

Yep. If your health is where it should be, and you aren't handling your hair roughly, there isn't really anything else you can do, other than make your hair appear thicker from henna, certain washing routines, etc. Have you checked out the Fine/Thin Hair Thread? Lots of stunning heads of hair in that thread, maybe you can look to them for inspiration? :blossom: Good luck!

Chocowalnut
September 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah henna does make my hair thicker definitely, haven't used it in awhile though so maybe that's why it's been feeling really thin lately. Thanks for all the tips.

stachelbeere
September 9th, 2014, 10:06 AM
cassia...? I never tried cassia but from what I read it makes each strand thicker and doesn't change the hair colour.

ExpectoPatronum
September 9th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I don't really have thin hair, but definitely make sure your health is where it needs to be. I was losing lots and lots of hair until I got some of my issues sorted out.