PDA

View Full Version : How to do buns like these?

aforestfae
September 9th, 2014, 06:19 AM
How do you create this (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/f6/0f/7af60f257d8b2b3f2c3358785eae8b18.jpg)style/similar styles?
I think it looks beautiful but I'm not sure how to do it, last time I tried with a sock bun it just wasn't right.
Help?
Thank you :)

StellaKatherine
September 9th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I would say the top braid is a fishtail braid and the side one is normal English braid. Probably she made one more English braid on the other side. She then made a bun with the remaining hair and a side braids together. Maybe a celtic knot or something similar and then put fishtail braid around and over the bun and attached it. I would say that how it was done :) Beautiful! Definitely going to try out this one :D

Madora
September 9th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Looks like a combination of fishtail braid on top, accent braid on each side which are drawn to the back
Back: slightly twisted bun (only partly twisted down length. The length is then fishtailed and the fishtail braid it brought up and over)

1) Make a horizontal part from one ear to other (across the back of your head).
2) take the hair above the part, comb gently, divide in two parts and fishtail to ends/fasten w/elastic
3) take small section of hair from left side, divide in 3 and braid in tiny accent braid (braid loosely!) fasten w/elastic
4) do same on opposite side
5) Take all remaining hair/comb out gently.
6) Divide hair in two sections
7) Twist one section gently over the other until you reach halfway point.
8) At halfway point begin fishtail braiding to the end. fasten w/elastic
9) Coil the twisted part into a bun, secure w/hairpins
10) Take the "fishtail of the bun and bring it up and OVER the elastic of the top fishtail . Pin in place
11) Take one accent braid and bring it back and hide end under bun (pin it securely)
12) Take other accent braid and do the same.

Voila...one fishtail/twisted bun fantasy. Thanks for the photo, aforestfae. Very pretty look for what seems like medium hair.

Phexlyn
September 9th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I think Madora figured it out pretty well.
Beautiful hair and style, and I love the dangly hairsticks! Thanks for sharing.