PDA

View Full Version : Hair-typing help

Creagan
September 9th, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm really, really bad at typing my own hair, and could use some help from all you experts here. Today, I washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner, finger-combed while rinsing out the conditioner, and then let my hair completely air-dry. I did not touch the length, although I did push my grown-out bangs behind my ears so I could see. While my hair was damp, I changed from a terry cloth robe into regular clothing. This was the result:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12990&d=1410237632

I was surprised at how.... not wavy the length is, and how frizzy the top is. But I only condition up to my ears, so maybe that's why it happened?

I expected my hair to look a little more like this photo, from two years ago (pre LHC. During the 2 year period I didn't use Conditioner. My hair had been soaked from rain, and then dried in a humid environment. I hadn't brushed it out):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12833&d=1409724862

This is what my hair usually looks like. Combed with a wide-tooth horn comb. Braided dry at night. (Although this was taken a good 12 hours after I took that braid out):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12834&d=1409724863

Previously I was guessing that I was maybe a 2b, based on the bangs in the second photo. Now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Realized I left out some information. And then wrote the wrong hair typing thing so edited again.

Chalky
September 9th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Wow! Your hair looks stunning in the third photo! So beautiful and shiny. (I'm not gonna try and tell you your hair type, it's best you wait for someone more knowledgeable, but I just had to comment on how gorgeous your hair looks!)

Johannah
September 9th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Based on the first picture, I'd say you're a 2a. Lovely!

MJ1972
September 9th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I'd say you're somewhere between a 2a and a 2b.

I was surprised at how.... not wavy the length is, and how frizzy the top is. But I only condition up to my ears, so maybe that's why it happened?

Maybe. Personally, though, I think it's a trick of the light. Your top is getting much more light in that photo than the length. I'll hazard a guess that the rest of your hair probably looks similar to your top; it's just not catching the light like your top is in that picture.

It's still gorgeous hair, frizzy or not...

lapushka
September 9th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I'd say 1c, possibly 2a.

Phexlyn
September 9th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Another vote for 2a, although the top part could be 1c since it looks straighter than the lengths.

Creagan
September 9th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys! This is super helpful, I really appreciate it!

DweamGoiL
September 9th, 2014, 07:23 PM
2a is my vote

Zesty
September 9th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Another vote for 2a, and a second to whoever said that the "frizz at the top" issue is a trick of the light. Light like that will make anyone's hair look frizzy. :flower:

ExpectoPatronum
September 10th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Love your hair. I'd say you're a solid 2a. Your waves are gorgeous! I'm jealous.