PDA

View Full Version : One of my hair "heroines" is cutting hers right now...

ohdokey
September 8th, 2014, 02:35 AM
So my friend who has WL healthy hair (she is also very tall, so it is longer than it sounds) is at the salon right now to get her hair cut to a bob. I am currently growing out my original pixie, which is now at a bob length that I personally am very sick of. I love her long hair and think it is so lovely. She asked my opinion and I tried to tell her how lovely it is now, but I was very gentle in what I said because I know she is looking for a big change. She has great features so she could pull off any length. But still, it is a little sad to think of it all falling to the ground in a salon right now because for me that length is still a ways off and hers was a kind of reminder of what I am going for with mine. Not to be overly dramatic. I have cut mine quite short before so I know when someone gets that look in their eye, and it is fun to rock shorter styles. I have loved lots of shorter cuts, including a bob, but now that I have long hair so much on the brain I didn't want to see her cut hers. But, how convenient if we could just swap hair lengths. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

leilani
September 8th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I'm sure it's disappointing to think of that lovely mane going to the trash but I'm sure you'll appreciate waist length on yourself all the more in a couple years because you will have earned it! :-)