PDA

View Full Version : Spin pins?

Larki
September 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I have six spin pins, and no idea what to do with them. Which buns/styles can be held with spin pins? :blossom:

gthlvrmx
September 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
You can do a chinese bun, nautilus, cinnamon bun. I just made a chinese bun for my mom and i put 2 spin pins to hold the braids! I think you can also do a french twist and put spin pins in. You have enough spin pins to hold a french twist nicely. There are more buns you can make too and use spin pins with them but i can't think of any from the top of my head.

gossamer
September 6th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I use them for a cinnabun. Once I went ~36 hours with the same spin pin held cinnabun without having to redo it. I love them!

Entangled
September 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Vortex would probably work.

gthlvrmx
September 6th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Vortex would probably work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRhVn1n8gpM Here is a link of a vortex bun that Entangled mentioned! I have tried it before with spin pins and it works and holds well.

lunalocks
September 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM
seashell bun, figure 8, infinity.

Amapola
September 6th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I use spin pins in the place of bobby pins. My hair hates bobby pins and spits them out with a vengeance. Same with the Amish pins. If I try and use them to hold a style, there will be a little sad trail of Amish pins behind me everywhere I go, and my hair will start to fall out almost immediately. Spin pins will stay in however. Sometimes I put my hair up with a stick or a Ficcare or something, and then anchor part of the style with a spin pin. I use them nearly every day and find them very useful. Plus, big bonus, I don't constantly lose them due to them falling out - they never fall out, for me.

RainbowBowser
September 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Cinnabuns, cinnabuns, cinnabuns. My nighttime go-to when my hands are too stupid for braids

Kitten1030
September 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM
I always do a lazy wrap and just place it different spots high, low ,top knot. Oh wait, sometimes I french braid with a paranda and bun the end. I love spin pins.

dancingpoet
September 6th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I love spin pins! I basically use them for just about any bun that I would use bobby pins for. I'm a dancer, and they're great for class (as I have been banned from using hair sticks for class... for good reason, though) and they don't fall out. Also, since they hold so well, you don't need as many spin pins as you would bobby pins/hairpins, and I find that it makes it a lot faster for me to put my hair up, and sometimes I'll use a couple of bobby pins/hairpins to tuck in stubborn ends.

arr
September 6th, 2014, 10:07 PM
I love spin pins too! I use them for a basic cinnabun, sectioned cinnabun (from torrinpaige), seashell bun, seashell braided bun (from ladollyvita) french braid into a bun, and anything else i would use bobby pins for.

Eden Iris
September 6th, 2014, 10:44 PM
They work for sock buns, too! These are very versatile, easy to use, and stay in forever. My daughter wears them to school, and they stay in through PE, recess, climbing trees, all the things 9yos do. Basic buns only require three spin pins.

YGDW
September 7th, 2014, 12:50 AM
They are great for holding a Gibson tuck as well. Just spin them in the sides, and maybe one in the middle securing the hair band.

Phexlyn
September 7th, 2014, 01:39 AM
I couldn't survive without spin pins anymore. I use three for my daily cinnabun, it holds like a rock and it's much faster than using 10 normal hairpins to achieve the same effect. I also use them to secure flipped braids and braided buns (although that won't hold up if I'm working out, but it's still very secure for normal activities).