PDA

View Full Version : Hair Type and Growth

Quasiquixotic
September 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Hi all, so it's been about a year since my last big cut, to a pretty short bob/pixi, except for one trim last December. My growth has been awesome and I've really loved my time here at LHC. But now its getting long enough to actually type my hair, not just go on memory of the times I had long hair in the past.

here is a length shot with washed and dried but not brushed hair :cheese:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o246/Quasiquixotic/bf4f2878-e229-46ef-b358-1a00ae79c50c_zps08e8ec76.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Quasiquixotic/media/bf4f2878-e229-46ef-b358-1a00ae79c50c_zps08e8ec76.jpg.html)

MsPharaohMoan
September 6th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Ooooh, gorgeous… You are apl stretched… It looks like your hair is growing sideways at the bottom - I'm reminded of how s waves grow. But then, what do I know of s waves - ? Looking forward to you growing even longer - your siggy is like watching your hair bloooom! :blossom:

eta - woah how many -'s can I put in one post?

Quasiquixotic
September 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I saw those "S" shapes too. I think it's my shoulders bending them out of "shape" if you notice the longest layers don't do that. I think in another 2-3" none of my hair will have that. It's like compared to my middle siggy shot when all of it was hitting my shoulders.

But I'll take the body, if it's real.

I like all the S's in your post.

Vanilla
September 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Quasi, my hair at your length looked nearly identical with the S waves between my neck and shoulders. I'd call your hair a 1c.

diddiedaisy
September 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, and great growth for one year. Serious envy going on :)

I'd say 1c.

Hele
September 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM
eee, your hair looks so thick! I was going to say 1c also, i'm either a 2a or a 2b (not sure which because my degree of waviness varies by the hour and i can't stand not combing it out) and at your length my hair was out of control wavy-ing straight out from my head.

Quasiquixotic
September 6th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Thank you all. I love my hair. I always have. I get wishy washy on the color, but in the end I always come back to loving it. It's very low maintenance and does what I want 99% of the time. It likes to be up, which is nice because that is how I like it. I wish I had never cut it. It was near waist when I did in 2012. But because I did and spent over a year with a bob/pixi thing in my first siggy photo, I really really really know I want long hair. I don't think I'll get bored with it and want to cut again.

Your hair is gorgeous, and great growth for one year. Serious envy going on :)

I'd say 1c.

I estimate - based on a guess of how long was hair was in the 8/13 photo, because that was way preLHC, and guessing I had a 1/2" trim in december (also preLHC), that I got about 8" of growth last year. Which is also what my actually measured 8 months of growth is leading me to believe I will get "this" year. If that makes sense.

I also forgot to mention this photo was taken in the Florida Keys in full humidity. My others are in Colorado with anti humidity. So this is the absolute wildest my hair ever gets. I can live with 1c :)

Johannah
September 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I'd say 1c as well!

two_wheels
September 6th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I would agree with 1c but I'm not very good at typing!

I'm envious of your growth and wish I could be your follicle-twin. Alas! Good work though. It is very pretty.

offtopic: Johannah, I like your new signature!

Quasiquixotic
September 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Well the peanut gallery has spoken. 1c I be.

Twin, I wish you could as well. I'll think growy thoughts for you too :)

lapushka
September 6th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I'd say about 1b, maybe 1c.

Quasiquixotic
September 6th, 2014, 05:48 PM
i think future length/typing shots will be straighter. But we shall see. I always thought/was told I had straight hair. Although I could flat iron its even straighter so i don't think i'm a 1a.