PDA

View Full Version : Pretty neat: double French twist!

lapushka
September 6th, 2014, 08:48 AM
From one of our members here. I think it's pretty neat. Never seen one like this before!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg1gpkwJXOo

Johannah
September 6th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I saved the video. I might try it with Christmas, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Phexlyn
September 6th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

I wonder if this is not even a bit easier to do than a single twist because you only have to stuff in half of your hair...? Because that's what makes my French twists look horrible all the time.

Phexlyn
September 6th, 2014, 09:22 AM
sorry, the server lag posted double for me!

eadwine
September 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM
First thing I thouhgt: Torrin's daughter it looks like. They articulate the same (yeah I am deaf, I notice weird things lol)

MsPharaohMoan
September 6th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Which member? Fun video to watch and she pulls that style off very well. Anyone try it yet? Funny, I had similar thoughts, eadwine.

roseomalley
September 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
It looks lovely. I love how creative some folks are.

RapunzelKat
September 6th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Very cool! :) I'm impressed how even she was able to get it - looks like a professional updo!

Gertrude
September 6th, 2014, 12:22 PM
As a little girl I accompanied my mother to the hairdresser where the only longer style up-do offered was the French Twist. Which was actually always a double French twist as so beautifully demonstrated in the lovely video. Fold one side, pin, fold other side against it, pin, adjust until it looks one elegant twist.

I was very surprised to see the French Twist everywhere on the internet now is a single twist. I have since wanted to do the double twist but made a complete dogs dinner of it )-: I em very encouraged when I get some time to try copying the technique here. Thanks to Firefromwithin for the tutorial and to Lapushka for telling us about it here!

lapushka
September 6th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks to Firefromwithin for the tutorial and to Lapushka for telling us about it here!

My pleasure! It deserves attention, as it is a pretty awesome updo!

Sparklylady82
September 6th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I wonder if she is a member here? I've watched several of her videos! She does a great job and is very lovely and pretty!

gthlvrmx
September 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
That was a pretty hairstyle!