PDA

View Full Version : fix for grabby ends?

bunzfan
September 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM
All of a sudden my ends feel really rough and grabby and I haven't trimmed in almost four months but I don't want to trim just yet.

What should I do clarify and then a treatment I went back to co washing a few months ago.. I tried to put oil on damp ends but still they don't feel soft.

I haven't used any protein in absolutely ages.

jacqueline101
September 5th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I'd say clarify then while hair is damp try a deep conditioner. My ends started feeling rough I did this while my hair was damp I used a leave in and serum over that to deal it.

meteor
September 5th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I'd clarify and (if mineral build-up is suspected) chelate.

Whenever my ends feel grabby/coated, I like to do a pre-poo oiling with coconut oil, follow up with a good clarifying wash, and then do a modified SMT + protein and a bit of oil. This seems to fix most problems.

gthlvrmx
September 5th, 2014, 03:26 PM
What are you using to wash your hair? Maybe there's something in it that is causing the rough ends.

bunzfan
September 5th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'd clarify and (if mineral build-up is suspected) chelate.

Whenever my ends feel grabby/coated, I like to do a pre-poo oiling with coconut oil, follow up with a good clarifying wash, and then do a modified SMT + protein and a bit of oil. This seems to fix most problems.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking of doing just that maybe the co washing has built up a bit don't think I have clarified in a good month or two... I currently have oil on the length and intend on clarifying in the morning and doing a treatment.

meteor
September 5th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Yes, I hope it will work out for you, bunzfan. :flower: Most people can't CO-wash without clarifying from time to time, and a clarifying session is really a good way to "re-set" hair. :)

Madora
September 5th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Hmmm. Maybe too much cowashing going on?? I don't know how many times you do it..but that could be a contributor to the "grabby issue".

As for the clarifying..since it is your ends, could you just clarify the last 7 inches and then see how it turns out. Be sure to condition after clarifying (but you know that, don't you?!)

bunzfan
September 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Hmmm. Maybe too much cowashing going on?? I don't know how many times you do it..but that could be a contributor to the "grabby issue".

As for the clarifying..since it is your ends, could you just clarify the last 7 inches and then see how it turns out. Be sure to condition after clarifying (but you know that, don't you?!)

I only co wash once a week I don't think it's that.. Think I'll get some gelatine tomorrow before washing my hair haven't done any protein in oh four months maybe just been using a moisture conditioner on the ends.

stephy190
September 5th, 2014, 04:45 PM
All of a sudden my ends feel really rough and grabby and I haven't trimmed in almost four months but I don't want to trim just yet.

What should I do clarify and then a treatment I went back to co washing a few months ago.. I tried to put oil on damp ends but still they don't feel soft.

I haven't used any protein in absolutely ages.

Maybe microtrim and see if it gets any better ? Good luck :)

Firefox7275
September 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Chelate, hydrolysed protein, deep condition or leave in conditioner. Could easily combine by using a protein rich conditioner.

bunzfan
September 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Firstly why micro trim it doesn't need it my ends are great it mystifies me why some think a trim is needed when it's dry a good treatment is all that's needed... No offence meant and I cut two inches in may anyway.

So I just clarified twice and I'm sitting with that gliss protein treatment jen recommend, as I haven't done any protein in months it probably needs it.

I think it's a really good as a treatment as the protein is the 3rd ingredient in. I will follow up with a coco butter conditioner and report back. I appreciate all the replies :D

MNDaydreamer
September 22nd, 2014, 06:07 PM
How are things working out?