PDA

View Full Version : How long does hair have to be to pool in lap?

ClassicAim
September 4th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I know it may be an odd question but recently i have been wondering how your hair has to be to collect in your lap when you sit down with it brought over your shoulders. Additionally, how long does it need to be to touch the floor if you're sitting down?

Quixii
September 4th, 2014, 09:35 PM
If you mean touch the floor when you're sitting on the floor, TBL-BCL should do for that. And it depends on how much you want it to "pool" in your lap, but I since I started sitting on it around classic, that's when I started putting it in my lap instead and noticing it pooled nicely then (and still now).

PeaceTeaRules
September 4th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Hm... Is a really good question, I don't know myself but I'm risking a guess. It probably has to be at least tailbone to pool in your lap when you sit down, and perhaps knee to touch the floor when sitting down? I have no idea, just wild guesses from me. :oops:

Hope someone gives a better answer. :p

hypersensitive
September 4th, 2014, 09:52 PM
My hair is pooling in my lap. It's 47 inches long as measured by LHC terms. That's classic+ for me. HTH!

EdG
September 4th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Hair doesn't have to be very long to put in one's lap - maybe tailbone to classic.

Knee-length hair will just touch the floor when one is seated.
Ed

PeaceTeaRules
September 4th, 2014, 10:22 PM
So my guestimations were almost correct? :p

ClassicAim
September 4th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks so much for the replies :).
Its great that its around classic length because that is where I would like to get my hair to one day (its going to be a few years :P) and having it pool in my lap when I sit down would be quite cool :).

EdG
September 4th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Yes. :)
Ed

ClassicAim
September 4th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much for the replies :).
Its great that it's around classic length because that is where I would like to get my hair length to one day (most likely a few long years away) and it would be lovely to have it pool in my lap :)

ClassicAim
September 4th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Sorry for the double post, I thought it had not gone through x

EdG
September 4th, 2014, 10:35 PM
ClassicAim - no problem. The LHC server falls into a coma after posting. :(
Ed

PeaceTeaRules
September 4th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Yep... LHC comas aren't fun. The only upside to it is 'unintentionally' raising your post count. I swear I hadn't ever double posted on purpose. ;)

You're welcome, ClassicAim!

You know you're an LHC'er if... you can accurately guess where hair will fall, despite not having hit said length yet. :D

PeaceTeaRules
September 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Doppelpost, Eschuldigung(sp?)... :oops:Double post, excuse me... :oops:

Phexlyn
September 5th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Another thing to keep in mind: the size of your hairpool depends on your length as well as on overall thickness/hemline. I'm at classic, but the hair pool in my lap is more like a small brook ;)

hypersensitive
September 5th, 2014, 01:32 AM
That's true. Hair type counts too. The intrinsic poofyness of curlies would take up more lap space. I would love to have thickness at the end where I have an ocean spilling out on my lap. I have straight hair. I just have a normal pool.

ClassicAim
September 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Ahh, I've never considered the thickness part before. I have medium/ coarse 3c/4a curls but they are always stretched in a twist out (mostly in twists as a protective style but i let it out every now and then) which reaches about 3 inches shorter than my length when straight. I'm guessing if this stays true throughout my hair growth journey then at classic length my twist out would be about tailbone length on me so maybe I could get i nice curly pool going on aided by "poofyness" of the curls :D! which would be fabulous!

Additionally, thanks for understanding guys :) i'm new here and noticed the server coma a few times but I love being here so its worth it :) x

Madora
September 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM
My hair is 62" (more or less) and it makes a lovely pool in my lap. My hair touches the floor when I'm seated in my Lazy Boy recliner.

MsBubbles
September 5th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Slouching helps!

ClassicAim
September 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM
This thread is getting me so excited! my hair needs to grow already :P

Madora
September 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Slouching helps!

A person after my own heart!:D

ClassicAim
September 5th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Madora - Ooooo! your so lucky :) my hair having the chance to touch the floor when I'm sitting on the floor cross legged would be more than enough for me I think. But that may change, a few months ago my aim was waist length hair and that has obviously changed a bit :P

MsBubbles - :D

Timea
September 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
it depends on how you sit, too. i get a small amount of pooling at hip length because i am usually hunched over.

Just saw MsBubbles said that before me. sorry.

ClassicAim
September 5th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Timea - glad to know :D definitely going to make this one of my milestones

Madora
September 5th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Madora - Ooooo! your so lucky :) my hair having the chance to touch the floor when I'm sitting on the floor cross legged would be more than enough for me I think. But that may change, a few months ago my aim was waist length hair and that has obviously changed a bit :P

MsBubbles - :D

Time and patience, ClassicAim! Really, and a lot of TLC and benign neglect! Happy growing!

chen bao jun
September 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I can't see my hair pooling. :) If I'm ever lucky enough to reach classic, I'll have a pillow in my lap.But actually, if I do reach classic, I'll look like waist so that's not even true! Oh, well, I'd still be majorly happy!!

trolleypup
September 5th, 2014, 06:53 PM
At calf I have a pool where the hair naturally lies in a complete circle when I am sitting up straight.

ClassicAim
September 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Madora - Thanks for the advice x. I've just figured out my routine recently so I'm now on the road to benign neglect :)

chen bao jun - I totally understand :), my hair is very curly/ coily too but with the aid of twist outs it shows some of its true length (looks about 3 inches shorter than it is) so my hope is that with twist outs on classic length hair maybe I could get a nice pool going :). I guess we'll just have to wait and see if that is possible :).

trolleypup - That sounds AMAZING :O!

Panth
September 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
FTL to pool in the lap.

As for touching the floor when sitting, at knee you will touch the floor when leaning forwards and sitting (e.g. when sitting on a chair, putting your elbows on your knees and your chin in your hands). You need to be a bit longer to touch the floor whilst sitting in a chair and sitting properly. Of course, if you're sitting on the floor then your hair will touch the ground at classic or just before.

ClassicAim
September 7th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Panth - would like it to touch the floor when sitting on the ground so classic the goal remains :D Thanks for answering :) x