PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones inspired protective hairstyles?

aforestfae
September 4th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Ok so I watched season 1 of Game of Thrones after putting it off for months and got myself and my friend addicted to it :) (I know I'm really behind)
But the hair and hairstyles are so beautiful I wondered if anyone knew any tutorials or inspired hairstyles that would be protective hairstyles while still having that GoT 'style' to them?
Thank you

emilia1992
September 4th, 2014, 06:46 AM
There are plenty of websites all over giving tutorials - but if I were you, I'd actually steer clear of these because they often give away spoilers! I think the safest way would be to copy hairstyles you've seen from episodes you've watched already - most involve small French/Dutch braids (should they be called chunky cornrows?) and the rest of the hair worn loose. You could adapt these by wearing the rest of your hair in an English braid and securing with ribbon/ string (there's one episode where Catelyn is doing Sansa's hair for about 10/15 seconds).

Lindenare
September 4th, 2014, 07:02 AM
From what I've seen, adding 3-5 accent braids to nearly any bun should give some of the feel you want. Braided buns and pinned-up braids may also work, especially with accent braids added.

Madora
September 4th, 2014, 07:46 AM
You might want to check out Torrin Paige on You Tube. Lots of inspiration there!

Yenn
September 4th, 2014, 07:55 AM
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Vw2hr somehow it helps me to see the hairstyles done with "real hair" to figure out how to make them >.< No spoilers there^^

Lady melissa
September 4th, 2014, 08:28 AM
This girl: La dolly vita, has managed to make pratically every hairstyle from GOT and other movies and even historic ones....she collaborates sometimes with Torrin Paige too - i love Torrin, but Siobhan has styles that are more intricate sometimes:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBGIFstqkqVX8LboNdtXCew

LadyCelestina
September 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I would greatly suggest paying youtube a visit for game of thrones hairdo's.There's practically a tutorial for every single braid and bun and half up and what not.

LadyCelestina
September 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
And as for how to make them into protective styles , say let's take Daenerys and her braids and braided half ups for example,I do the braided part and wind the remaining hair into a bun.Done and it is protective.