PDA

View Full Version : What style is this?

Magicknthenight
September 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Basically what you do is start with a half-up. Then you braid that down and put a hair tie on the end. Then you go and take a section from the left and right side of lose hair on the side and put it on top of the first braid then make another and tie the end. Then do the last step again- making sure you braid it over the last two sections. you end up with 3 braids.
if these instructions don't make sense let me know! i was just wondering if this had a name or it was a new style?
I'm going to try to upload some pictures...

**I've been having computer problems for a while and sometimes it takes a lot of clicking to get a page to load and sometimes it just stops...so please be patient!

Hue
September 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
I've been doing something like this for some time -- well, the braidover part. I do a French braid on each side of the head, with the next section of hair braided over the prior (holding it down). [In my case, this makes many braids overlapping at the scalp, though you seem to be ding only three. Another difference. :) Then when the two sides meet in the middle, I just French braid down.]

It's very secure. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow as well.

Never heard of a name for [anything like] it.

Magicknthenight
September 22nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
OK! i think this should work
here's a pictures i took. sorry about the dark bathroom and lame quality i only have a cam recorder and it blurs easily. not one of my better hair days -....-
but here goes! woo hoo!
i like this style...the braid kinda eats my length but its all good :cool:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr32/raincloud911/Picture008.jpg

Magicknthenight
September 22nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
I've been doing something like this for some time -- well, the braidover part. I do a French braid on each side of the head, with the next section of hair braided over the prior (holding it down). [In my case, this makes many braids overlapping at the scalp, though you seem to be ding only three. Another difference. :) Then when the two sides meet in the middle, I just French braid down.]

It's very secure. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow as well.

Never heard of a name for [anything like] it.

sounds interesting! cant wait to see it:)