PDA

View Full Version : Who are our super long wavies?

lapushka
September 3rd, 2014, 04:34 AM
I created this thread in sync with CurlyCap's "Who are our super long curlies (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125897)". So if you're one or the other, let's hear from you!

I'm almost TBL, so not quite *that* long, but... I guess it counts? :o

diddiedaisy
September 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM
It counts in my eyes lapushka, as someone creeping towards apl!!! Obviously I'm not a super long, but as a wavy I'll be really interested in hearing other peoples tips and no doubt seeing some drop dead hair. I love long wavy hair.

Knifegill
September 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
Thread-bombing because I'm still only neck length, but I am between wavy and curly and can't wait for this thread to pile up and become rich with comments!

ReneeG
September 3rd, 2014, 07:54 AM
Almost BSL wavy, I'll be watching this thread!

neko_kawaii
September 3rd, 2014, 07:59 AM
Classic here. Finally entering the realm of super long.

AmberJewel
September 3rd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Hip+ wavy here! I can't wait to see pictures of all the long, wavy hair. Inspiration!

KittyBird
September 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
My hair will never be super long, but I'll check in and enjoy the pictures anyway! ;)
Tailbone+ wavy here, so right now my hair is just quite long. I'll be at classic in the beginning of 2015, which is where very long begins (according to me). I think anything past mid-thigh length is super long, but I'm not going further than classic. It's plenty long enough for me :p

Timea
September 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
hiplength, not very long, but looking foward to seeing pictures in this thread

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Longest hair is at 62 inches - only slightly wavy:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/83114Lengthphotofullinafternoonsun3slightbreeze-5.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/83114Lengthphotofullinafternoonsun3slightbreeze-5.jpg.html)

Sparklylady82
September 3rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Great thread lapushka! Following for inspiration!

Inching Along
September 3rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Longest hair is at 62 inches - only slightly wavy:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/83114Lengthphotofullinafternoonsun3slightbreeze-5.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/83114Lengthphotofullinafternoonsun3slightbreeze-5.jpg.html)

Madora, WOW! I love your hair!

Can't wait to see more pictures. I am inspired!

Great thread lapushka! Following for inspiration!

I'll be following this thread for inspiration, too, Sparklylady! :)

ravenreed
September 3rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
I am bouncing around between classic and fingertip. I am definitely a wavie, and glad that some of the wild wave gets pulled out with length.

tetisheri72
September 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
BCL here, so not a superlong, but looking forward to the pix.

alishaxmarie
September 3rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Hip length wavy here for the inspiration until I'm a super longhair like some of you :wink:

Johannah
September 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Your hair is inspiring, Madora! Beautiful!

pixldust
September 3rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
Still quite short here, but watching this thread for some wavy long-hair goodness!

darklyndsea
September 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
I think I've technically edged into curly territory since classic, but I still feel more like a wavy. I'm close to the border between the two, anyway.

nobeltonya
September 3rd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Hovering right around TBL [currently 38.5"] for the past year now. Was just shy of fingertips this time last year, and started experimenting and ended up having to cut off 6". Since then, I keep letting it grow a little and end up cutting it back. However, my ends are thicker than they were before. I'll get an updated picture up here shortly. :disco:

ghost
September 3rd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Madora, wow! Your hair is lovely. I'm so envious of your nice tidy hemline, too.
TBL wavy checking in :)

skeletonous
September 3rd, 2014, 02:21 PM
Nowhere near even a long hair yet, but I'll get there soon :) watching this thread for inspiration!

Sparklylady82
September 3rd, 2014, 06:12 PM
What is considered "super long"?

Aurum
September 3rd, 2014, 06:16 PM
WL wavy here; I will be tuning in for the pictures and advice until I get to "super long" myself!

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
What is considered "super long"?

Sparklylady82, I think that depends on the person. For me, super long is calf, ankle, or floor. I really admire people who can put up with those lengths. Believe me, it takes a LOT of patience and TLC!

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
@Inching Along, Johannah and ghost...thanks very much for your wonderful compliments.

Ghost, my hemline is anything but even! My sister did a great job of combing out my hair for me so that it would look like a "chocolate waterfall" (as I instructed). The wind WOULD have to move the hair a bit just as she snapped the shutter..but I'm really pleased with the result, just the same!

meteor
September 3rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
Madora, your hair is amazing! :thudpile:

The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was: "Yay, I'll see some inspiring super-long wavies :happydance:".
And the second thing I thought was: "Wait, super-long wavy hair doesn't just turn into super-long straight hair? :hmm:"

Does anybody else experience this very serious straightening of your wave pattern as hair grows longer? For example, even at TBL+, my hair looks straight under its own weight, I feel like I can't call myself a wavy anymore :(, but I definitely had strong waves when my hair was at waist or shorter. Why does it happen to some people and not others?

Madora
September 3rd, 2014, 09:46 PM
Madora, your hair is amazing! :thudpile:

The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was: "Yay, I'll see some inspiring super-long wavies :happydance:".
And the second thing I thought was: "Wait, super-long wavy hair doesn't just turn into super-long straight hair? :hmm:"

Does anybody else experience this very serious straightening of your wave pattern as hair grows longer? For example, even at TBL+, my hair looks straight under its own weight, I feel like I can't call myself a wavy anymore :(, but I definitely had strong waves when my hair was at waist or shorter. Why does it happen to some people and not others?

Thanks, Meteor! Yes, the weight of the hair usually pulls out the wave...not always...but a good part of the time. You are still a wavy because your have that gene in your makeup. It's just because your hair is longer/heavier, that the wave sort of goes into hiding.

Mr. Michael's fabulous treatment made my somewhat wavy hair appear STICK straight, except for a slight upcurl of the ends. I was astounded. And it was all the result of how the curlers were rolled on the head. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/J8-1.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/J8-1.jpg.html)
5 1 82 GM salon after the treatment

burny
September 3rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
for whatever reason, length doesn't seem to affect my wave much. At TBL, it's just as wavey as when it was at shoulders.. or maybe it's actually getting "more wavey" as I age, and counterbalancing the straighteningness of length?

meteor
September 3rd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Wow, Madora! :thudpile: You really spoil us with your length shots! :D Keep them coming! :)

Thank you, Burny, it's interesting that your hair is getting wavier with length :) - I guess it's pretty normal to experience changing texture with time. :)

AmberJewel
September 3rd, 2014, 10:36 PM
I'm a wavy, but my waves just seem to move down the length as the hair grows. I think the increasing weight straightens the top but more towards the ends I still have my waves and even some little curls. Especially right after washing and air drying. Not to mention braidwaves.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 4th, 2014, 01:54 AM
I'm only a hip-length wavy, so not super-long yet. For me, super-long is anything past Classic. My waves seem to be gradually straightening out a little as my hair gets longer. I have many more "straighter" days now.

Here's a pic though:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5693.jpg

carrielynn
September 4th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Beautiful Madora and Sarahlabyrinth!!

More pictures! More pictures!

I'm just about waist length so I don't consider myself "super" long yet - though I have by far the longest hair of anyone I know in real life! :)

lapushka
September 4th, 2014, 07:47 AM
This is my latest picture, from the beginning of July. It has grown some since, but still. I am now 1 inch away from TBL.

http://i.imgur.com/Vl0aSog.jpg

Angela_Rose
September 4th, 2014, 08:11 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwjXMT5IEAAD78f.jpg
I've been called a Curly and Wavy, but I think that the weight of my hair has affected my curl/wave pattern enough to manifest as "sometimes wavy." What do you think?

meteor
September 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Stunning hair, lapushka, sarahlabyrinth, Madora! :applause So much awesome eye-candy on this thread! :D

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwjXMT5IEAAD78f.jpg
I've been called a Curly and Wavy, but I think that the weight of my hair has affected my curl/wave pattern enough to manifest as "sometimes wavy." What do you think?

That's phenomenal!!! :thudpile:

I would definitely call your hair curly, which makes it RIDICULOUSLY rare and epic! :applause Sadly, I never see super-long-haired curlies in real life!

lapushka
September 4th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Stunning hair, lapushka, sarahlabyrinth, Madora! :applause So much awesome eye-candy on this thread! :D

Thanks meteor! :D

StellaKatherine
September 4th, 2014, 09:23 AM
AWESOME thread!!! Can't wait to see all the super long wavies ! :popcorn:

This is my latest picture, from the beginning of July. It has grown some since, but still. I am now 1 inch away from TBL.

Oh I think this is the very first time I see your hair! That is the one of hair colours I truely love and those waves are YAMI !!!! Truely gorgeous :crush:

Madora, I am one big fan of your stunning waterfall hair, beautiful ! :flower:

Angela_Rose, If I could paint... I would paint you with your hair! STUNNING! :o

Sarahlabyrinth Oh Sarah.... you are killing me with your gorgeous hair! Your thickness, the colour, the wave - it's a true perfection! Can't wait to see your hair getting longer and longer. Super excited! :flowers:

Here is me, hopefully at some point will be one of the super long wavies. Last measurement said I was at 39,5 inches, but still no where even near classic lenght. Yup the curse of the long torsto :D The last hair photo is this, kinda felt depressed almost as my hair is looking shorter and shorter lately because of all the suddent waves appearing hehe What I find little weird is how every wave of my is looking different! Some are more wavy than others :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12867&d=1409843319

lapushka
September 4th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Oh I think this is the very first time I see your hair! That is the one of hair colours I truely love and those waves are YAMI !!!! Truely gorgeous :crush:

Thanks so much! :D :o

Here is me, hopefully at some point will be one of the super long wavies. Last measurement said I was at 39,5 inches, but still no where even near classic lenght. Yup the curse of the long torsto :D The last hair photo is this, kinda felt depressed almost as my hair is looking shorter and shorter lately because of all the suddent waves appearing hehe What I find little weird is how every wave of my is looking different! Some are more wavy than others :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12867&d=1409843319

I love the waves in your hair, StellaKatherine. Mine are so wild all the time; I love a nice even wave, and you have it!

meteor
September 4th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Gorgeous hair, StellaKatherine! :thudpile:
And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't call your torso long at all. Your hair looks like it's already close to Classic and, at less than 40 inches, that's an awesome result! :thumbsup:

StellaKatherine, Lapushka, I'm such a huge fan what you call "wild" waves, I think they make your hair absolutely stunning and also borderline curly! Totally thud-worthy! :applause

Angela_Rose
September 4th, 2014, 09:58 AM

That's phenomenal!!! :thudpile:

I would definitely call your hair curly, which makes it RIDICULOUSLY rare and epic! :applause Sadly, I never see super-long-haired curlies in real life!
Thank you! I always liked the "wurly" classification, so I'm probably going to stick with that one.

AWESOME thread!!! Can't wait to see all the super long wavies ! :popcorn:

Angela_Rose, If I could paint... I would paint you with your hair! STUNNING! :o

Thank you! That's really sweet! And your wave pattern is so pretty. That's what I think of when somebody says "beachy waves."

lunalocks
September 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Loving all these heads of hair! I am a wavy at TB. I first noticed more waves happening at mid back length, and it is progressively wavier the longer it gets. At TB I feel like my hair is "finally getting to be long". My family laughs at me. They think it is already super long (42.5 inches). I think, I hope, I will consider it "long" at classic. I hope.

I think super long is mid thigh and longer. but that may be my dysmorphia talking.

StellaKatherine
September 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM
lapushka, We never fully love our own hair no matter how amazing it is, do we ? :D

Angela_Rose, beachy waves, I like that name :D Thank you, I think I will call my hair that name from now on :agree::crush:

meteor, thank you sweety ! :o And just to make you believe... Here is me with photo taken in august this year. Hair combed as I wanted to see how much to still need to grow ... The hands showing where my butt ends... YUP.. I am 5'8 with super long torso. Do you believe now ? :laugh: Still a year of growing untill my dream comes true....

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12701&d=1408993044

Madora
September 4th, 2014, 10:52 AM
lapushka, We never fully love our own hair no matter how amazing it is, do we ? :D

Angela_Rose, beachy waves, I like that name :D Thank you, I think I will call my hair that name from now on :agree::crush:

meteor, thank you sweety ! :o And just to make you believe... Here is me with photo taken in august this year. Hair combed as I wanted to see how much to still need to grow ... The hands showing where my butt ends... YUP.. I am 5'8 with super long torso. Do you believe now ? :laugh: Still a year of growing untill my dream comes true....

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12701&d=1408993044

Very pretty, StellaKatherine! You have some lovely little wavies going on there!

ETA: thanks for the lovely compliment!

bunzfan
September 4th, 2014, 10:52 AM

We don't see your hair very often so i love it when you post a picture :cool:

We need more pictures i think :popcorn: not a super long hair yet for me that is around classic length and i'm only hip but maybe next year i will be there.

Knifegill
September 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
All was quiet in the thread until - BAM - page 3 and the parade began to march! Oooh, so many pretty waterfalls, all unique in their own ways. Whatever you each are doing, keep it up! I can't wait to join the ranks.

momschicklets
September 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Wow I just love this thread :crush: I'm a wavy, but not long yet, so I must live vicariously through all of you!!! One day.....one day.....:pray:

momschicklets
September 4th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Lapushka I don't think I've ever seen a pic of your hair...it doesn't disappoint!!! Gorgeous!

Angela_Rose
September 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
StellaKatherine I know that hardship of trying to grow beyond the torso! I am 5'9" with a long torso as well (specifically a long butt), so it took me forever to get to Classic. You'll get there!!

DarthCynthia
September 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
My hair is a bit odd at times. Despite length (ankle length, and I'm just under 6ft tall), which will pull out some wave, product can also affect my s-waves. Even still... sometimes mine are hidden under a layer of straighter hair, right around neck-length. I know there is another lady in my area who also has the hidden s-wave thing too. I don't quite have wavy-wavy hair, but sometimes it shows up more times. Usually shortly after a washing, and then straightens a bit more over time before my next washing.

StellaKatherine
September 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Angela_Rose, Sounds like we have a similar body shape :) My butt is very round as well, looks good in the jeans, but yeah growing hair past it is a nightmare hahaha Happy to hear it is still possible, as as it almost feels like it will never happen :D I counted, that if everything goes well and I don't hit for some reason a terminal lenght before that, then I should at this time next year be at solid classic :D

madora, thank you ! :flower:

cdonald2
September 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I want hair like Madora :D its beeeeauuutiful!!!

I just got to shoulder length now. My goal was origonally waist, but i think after looking here i may want to get to hip or tb. I dont think fingertip would suit me well.

How long did it take some of you to grow your hair to tb or hip from shoulder/collarbone? this thread has inspired me :)

Agnes Hannah
September 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
OOHH I hope you don't mind Lapushka, I'm gonna try this with the straight haired uber fineys!!:cool:

GetMeToWaist
September 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM

I LOVE your hair lapushka, its so silky and defined and argh :D interested to see what it looks like if you brush it with a BBB or something, have you got a pic?

DarthCynthia
September 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I told someone in another thread, unless I'm in costume and just happen to have my hair down for it (yay for natural accessories ha!), I don't post photos of my hair online. I do have this one from earlier 2014. It was very windy that day (of course, that's the way it always goes isn't it?), and the fabric of my gown was like Velcro, but you can see slight waviness here and there. At the time, this was around lower calf. My ends are currently to ankle-top. https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/14024215362_0cdcd149be_c.jpg

cdonald2
September 4th, 2014, 12:49 PM
omg <3 it looks like a screenshot from a movie like LOTR or game of thrones <3 awesome costume, awesome hair.

lapushka
September 4th, 2014, 12:49 PM
We don't see your hair very often so i love it when you post a picture :cool:

Yeah, I'm pretty private and shy about the hair and a bit "ashamed" of the wildness of it. But I'm going to learn to trust you guys when you say it's okay! :D :o

Lapushka I don't think I've ever seen a pic of your hair...it doesn't disappoint!!! Gorgeous!

Thanks so much! :D

OOHH I hope you don't mind Lapushka, I'm gonna try this with the straight haired uber fineys!!:cool:

Of course not! Many thanks to CurlyCap, who came up with the concept for these threads!

I LOVE your hair lapushka, its so silky and defined and argh :D interested to see what it looks like if you brush it with a BBB or something, have you got a pic?

Oh no, my hair's never brushed (BBB has long been exchanged for a Tangle Teezer). My hair is brushed right before a wash, but I don't have pictures of that.

I told someone in another thread, unless I'm in costume and just happen to have my hair down for it (yay for natural accessories ha!), I don't post photos of my hair online. I do have this one from earlier 2014. It was very windy that day (of course, that's the way it always goes isn't it?), and the fabric of my gown was like Velcro, but you can see slight waviness here and there. At the time, this was around lower calf. My ends are currently to ankle-top. https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/14024215362_0cdcd149be_c.jpg

Wowzer! :thud:

Angela_Rose
September 4th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Angela_Rose, Sounds like we have a similar body shape :) My butt is very round as well, looks good in the jeans, but yeah growing hair past it is a nightmare hahaha Happy to hear it is still possible, as as it almost feels like it will never happen :D I counted, that if everything goes well and I don't hit for some reason a terminal lenght before that, then I should at this time next year be at solid classic :D

madora, thank you ! :flower:

On top of my big butt, I have long legs, so my journey from Classic to Knee feels like it's taking ages.

StellaKatherine
September 4th, 2014, 12:50 PM

Oh MY GOD!!!!! I am in love!!!! WOW! My new hair idol!!! And how amazing to see you have such a gorgeous ii hair!!!! Such an inspiration... I think I see my goal lenght if I'm lucky! LOVE the dress as well and the circlet! I had circlet on my forehead on my wedding day :D :crush: :inlove: :flowers:

Angela_Rose
September 4th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Holy mother of pearl. You guys, I give up. I can never hope to have hair as spectacular as this.

neko_kawaii
September 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Oh, DarthCynthia, that is one of the best action shots I've seen!

DarthCynthia
September 4th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Oh, thank you everyone! :crush::blossom:

The funniest part about the action shot, is I'd been standing there feeling so goofy, with people surrounding me taking photos... and it was like... wait a minute. Long hair, big-swirly-dress... obvious! Ha! I warned them to turn on the multiple-photo settings, yelled go! and swirled around a few times (hoping I wouldn't accidentally lose my grip on my sword heheheh).

The circlet was a fun project to do, but it's a bit of a mess at the back. That's where I joined it, and it's mostly all attached (a few different sizes of craft wire) by wrapping the ends. I have to pull the top part of my hair back into a hairslide, and wear that part of my hair over the circlet to hide the ugly joins. Thankfully, a friend helped me out of the costume at the end of the day, and she was very careful -- we lucked out, and my hair was not tangled. I had unfortunately not grabbed enough hair for the hairslide, and all that spinning around made it slide out. I thought I'd lost my husband's favorite hairtoy of mine (a simple, cheap "brass" hair slide... can't even remember where we got it so long ago... Target, maybe?). It had slid down my hair, and flicked off into the bushes when I turned my head. My friend found it for me while I struggled to wrangle my hair back into place. Heheheh!

And it occurs to me, I have not done a hairtyping since I first joined in 2004... I wonder if I should look at that again to make sure things haven't changed. :eye:

pastina
September 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
just lurking here, but i'm stunned by your picture, too, darthcynthia! the costume, the sword, and the hair... wow!!!

Singing Bird
September 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Wavy and almost at mid thigh - next goal is knee and in the future maybe terminal (first pic: May 2014, finger combed; second pic: September 2014; brushed at the hairdresser)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/844/9mxe.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/674/IRh3qD.jpg

meteor
September 4th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Darth Cynthia, your hair is better than a dream!!! :thud: It should be perfect inspiration for Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and everything else with hair awesomeness on TV! Such thud-worthy hair is a deadlier weapon than your sword! It probably gives heart attacks and causes car crashes all the time!

Singing Bird, you are my hair idol! :thudpile: Your hair hides not only your body, but also the landscape!

Insanely thud-worthy photos on this thread! :D

Sparklylady82
September 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Wavy and almost at mid thigh - next goal is knee and in the future maybe terminal (first pic: May 2014, finger combed; second pic: September 2014; brushed at the hairdresser)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/844/9mxe.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/674/IRh3qD.jpg

Hair inspiration! I love your hair and hope mine will look as shiny, long and healthy one day. Thanks for sharing :-)

Becs
September 4th, 2014, 02:27 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is beyond gorgeous!! I love the hairpiece as well. Very elvish. Also, is that Orcrist???

DarthCynthia
September 4th, 2014, 02:35 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is beyond gorgeous!! I love the hairpiece as well. Very elvish. Also, is that Orcrist???

Yes! It's the United Cutlery reproduction (you can see a lot of photos of me unboxing it here (http://www.cfgriffith.com/costumes/united-cutlery-orcrist-replica-sword/)). I'm a huge dwarf fan, despite the (generic) elven costumes I've done -- in fact, I was wearing Thorin's ring on my right hand that day. The friend who took me to the event coaxed me into bringing the sword for photos, and I'm glad I did! Thank you, everyone!

Such beautiful examples of wavy hair here! I admit, I wish I had a little more thickness, especially all the way down. Not too thick however, as I don't know if I would be able to handle putting it up and dealing with it. It's hard not to feel a bit envious of those with such gorgeously thick hair and full hemlines sometimes though! Best Wishes, everyone! :)

Beatnik Guy
September 4th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I told someone in another thread, unless I'm in costume and just happen to have my hair down for it (yay for natural accessories ha!), I don't post photos of my hair online. I do have this one from earlier 2014. It was very windy that day (of course, that's the way it always goes isn't it?), and the fabric of my gown was like Velcro, but you can see slight waviness here and there. At the time, this was around lower calf. My ends are currently to ankle-top.
Wonderful! :thudpile:

Madora
September 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM

DarthCynthia, that is one outrageously beautiful action photo!!!!! Extraordinaire. Your hair is awesome!!

Madora
September 4th, 2014, 03:02 PM

Magnificent hair, Singing Bird! Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if I had to wash that mane every so often!!

Quixii
September 4th, 2014, 03:09 PM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/14024215362_0cdcd149be_c.jpg
Wow! This is such an amazing hair photo! :thudpile:

Beautiful, Singing Bird!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 4th, 2014, 03:23 PM
DarkCynthia and Singing Bird - just wow! Thudworthy hair! So much beautiful hair on this thread.....

Sarden
September 4th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Ooooohhhhh - I was wondering what your hair looks like Lapushka. It's gorgeous - so full! It's like a proper lions mane! You must have, literally, like 10 times as much hair as me!

lapushka
September 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Ooooohhhhh - I was wondering what your hair looks like Lapushka. It's gorgeous - so full! It's like a proper lions mane! You must have, literally, like 10 times as much hair as me!

Thanks so much. And that's what my mom says to me as well. She's i/ii too. Sometimes I wish it were thinner, but you can't change things, can you? (and I'm not having it thinned out again - ouch).

LadyJennifer
September 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I just cut my hair from just hitting classic, back to tbl a few months ago. It was a bit much for me right now (mom of 3 with one on the way!), and I felt like my wave/curl was pulled out too much. I'm just past tbl now at 39ish inches. I'll probably just let it grow until it annoys me again:)
I'll share pictures when I'm on my PC (my avatar is a few years ago).

LadyJennifer
September 4th, 2014, 04:13 PM

Your hair is magnificently gorgeous!

BrendaLoan
September 4th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Wow, there are so many awesome pictures! I love this thread, I find so much inspiration here. And singing bird, your mane is stunning, my dream would be to have hair just like that http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/love/10.gif

Jennwith4
September 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
So many lovely Wavy pics here! I'm wavy and just shy of TBL. I'll consider it to be long at classic!

melesine
September 4th, 2014, 08:22 PM
This thread is amazing. So much inspiration in here.

gthlvrmx
September 4th, 2014, 08:41 PM

I like this! It looks like the hair covers you nicely! Like a cape!

CousinItt
September 4th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Gosh, there are so many beautiful heads of wavy hair here. I am awed.

Hopefully I can get hubby to help me photograph my hair in the next week so I can share.

Teazel
September 4th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Wow, look at all the long wavies! :waving: :inlove: I'm no longer what I'd consider super long since I had a cut recently (was almost at ankle), and although I'm technically 2b my hair doesn't hold onto its wave, but....

Such beautiful examples of wavy hair here! I admit, I wish I had a little more thickness, especially all the way down. Not too thick however, as I don't know if I would be able to handle putting it up and dealing with it. It's hard not to feel a bit envious of those with such gorgeously thick hair and full hemlines sometimes though! Best Wishes, everyone! :)

Yes, I know what you mean. Your hair is amaaaazing, though; excuse me while I thud in your direction! :thud:

And Singing Bird - holy cats!

Here's a photo - more conventional length shots are in my album if anyone wants a look. DH thought I was mad when I asked him to take this picture. :silly:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12880&d=1409893200

RapunzelKat
September 5th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Whoa, the wavies are really stepping up with the awesome action shots! :popcorn:

You all have such lovely hair! :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

trolleypup
September 5th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Finally got around to taking hair pictures...and the wind stayed absent.

http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/140901-091011-TwinLksTr-EofIslandLk-RobertP-W-med.jpg

Angela_Rose
September 5th, 2014, 07:30 PM
TrolleyPup, I've been drooling over your glorious hair from the days of LJ. You have such amazing hair.

FrozenBritannia
September 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I'm not super long, and I don't know if I'll ever truly be super long, but I love seeing the pics! I remember thinking hip was super long when I first joined though, so here is my own picture:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/Mobile%20Uploads/E1545BEB-9EFD-466F-8E59-1B20734EAE25.jpg (http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/FrozenBritannia/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E1545BEB-9EFD-466F-8E59-1B20734EAE25.jpg.html)

I've got plans to grow for at least a few more inches. :)

Madora
September 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I'm not super long, and I don't know if I'll ever truly be super long, but I love seeing the pics! I remember thinking hip was super long when I first joined though, so here is my own picture:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/Mobile%20Uploads/E1545BEB-9EFD-466F-8E59-1B20734EAE25.jpg (http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/FrozenBritannia/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E1545BEB-9EFD-466F-8E59-1B20734EAE25.jpg.html)

Beautiful, healthy hair, FrozenBritannia!

FrozenBritannia
September 6th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Thank you Madora! :flower:

Quixii
September 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
FrozenBritannia, your hair is looking beautiful, and much longer than the last time I saw a length pic of it! Congrats! :)

FrozenBritannia
September 6th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Thank you, Your hair has grown a lot too Quixii!

gossamer
September 6th, 2014, 09:09 PM
So, I think I'm becoming a wavy even if, thanks to my hair's weight, it's not really going to show.

See this shed hair?
http://i.imgur.com/7LHHlopl.jpg

Sometimes my braid tassel does this:
http://i.imgur.com/NCWUeB8l.jpg

My hair holds braidwaves really well, so I think that's another sign that I'm not a straight haired person. I'll try to let my hair dry after my next wash without manipulation and see if the waves show themselves or not. Either way, new length pic!

gossamer
September 6th, 2014, 09:10 PM

Oh, FB, your hair just gets better and better!

FrozenBritannia
September 6th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks Gossamer! I think you might be a wavy for sure, which means you definitely need to post a length shot here.. Your hair is truly Super Long! :)

DragonFlyPie
September 7th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I'll share, though it's not the best picture as it's taken from the front. It's somewhere around butt-length. Maybe Classic, not sure, I keep trimming it because it's just way too long & getting in my way some days :wigtongue Looks quite a bit shorter when pulled to the front though.

This was a good wavy day, after washing & what might be LOC method (maybe, not sure! LOL), then letting it air dry with a bit of scrunching.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/Tselovatt/Long%20Hair%20-%20LHC/d1d5b4fc-4777-4b2f-a5a1-24e2ecf2bf93_zpsbd24ce2d.jpg

FrozenBritannia
September 7th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I'll share, though it's not the best picture as it's taken from the front. It's somewhere around butt-length. Maybe Classic, not sure, I keep trimming it because it's just way too long & getting in my way some days :wigtongue Looks quite a bit shorter when pulled to the front though.

This was a good wavy day, after washing & what might be LOC method (maybe, not sure! LOL), then letting it air dry with a bit of scrunching.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/Tselovatt/Long%20Hair%20-%20LHC/d1d5b4fc-4777-4b2f-a5a1-24e2ecf2bf93_zpsbd24ce2d.jpg

I love your colour!!

DarthCynthia
September 7th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Wow. So you ladies had me wondering after I saw this thread and was able to see many of your photos and hairtype choices. It's been since I first joined that I last bothered hairtyping, and I don't think there were as many descriptions or photos to help, plus... I honestly don't remember having much wave at all! But... after a wash, brief detangling, and letting my hair air dry.... I can honestly say that I'm a wavy for sure. I especially still have that stronger wave under the upper level, but it's all throughout in various strength, even at my length. The funniest part is, there are also plenty of straighter sections, especially in the lower half. I don't know if it's just change in hair (I'm used to hair changes... I was actually blonde until I was about 10, until I started streaking brunette, and now I'm streaking silver, with copper highlights *laughs*). Anyway, I decided to go with 2a/2b based on the mix, and that I tend to lose the wave more easily the more I comb it and bun it. And I guess that's how I missed it -- I so rarely see it, much less wear it down. I have a tall mirror, but it's still hard to see, and I just haven't taken a length photo in so long.

I did have my husband measure the length, from front hairline to hemline... 71.5 inches, with a few strands longer. I'm definitely maintaining now at ankle.

So this thread was very helpful to me! Thanks to those of you who shared photos, regardless of how long your hair was... seeing the variety of waves helped me re-figure my own hairtype again!

Jumper
September 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10378916_10152310477217503_7061636276111277731_n.j pg?oh=eb79efbacdae9eeba95067d7c3cc6614&oe=549546E2&__gda__=1419692679_93c25d02f3ccbfa1b7d469dffd581b7 b

Very blurry several month old length shot... I have some hair that forms loose spirals and some that is just big waves so I really am somewhere in the middle of it as a "wurly."

Anyway I guess it depends on what you count as super long, right now I am around hip I think (I quit measuring... I'm trying not to even pay attention to it... just grow please).

Angela_Rose
September 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10378916_10152310477217503_7061636276111277731_n.j pg?oh=eb79efbacdae9eeba95067d7c3cc6614&oe=549546E2&__gda__=1419692679_93c25d02f3ccbfa1b7d469dffd581b7 b

Very blurry several month old length shot... I have some hair that forms loose spirals and some that is just big waves so I really am somewhere in the middle of it as a "wurly."

Anyway I guess it depends on what you count as super long, right now I am around hip I think (I quit measuring... I'm trying not to even pay attention to it... just grow please).

Your hair is a lot like mine when it is shorter!

sourgrl
September 7th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Loving this thread. I won't be among the great lengths but I'm enjoying the gorgeous hair here non the less. Beautiful waves!

Bonny
September 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I'm not super long, but I'm pleased to be a wavy!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13011&d=1410396881

ravenheather
September 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13011&d=1410396881

Looks pretty darn long to me. And you should be pleased with those waves. They are lovely.

Bonny
September 10th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Ravenheather!

Madora
September 10th, 2014, 08:39 PM

How delightful to see another member of a "certain age" with such beautiful long wavy hair! Hats off, Bonny!

Angela_Rose
September 10th, 2014, 11:17 PM

Oh my goodness. Your hair is stunning. I love the color!

diddiedaisy
September 11th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Long wavy hair is just stunning. I'm just loving looking at everyone's photos.

Teazel
September 11th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Beautiful hair, Bonny - and so thick!

SnowbirdRose
September 11th, 2014, 03:15 AM

Beautiful hair Bonny! Love your 'not super length', waves, and color :o

lapushka
September 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Beautiful, Bonny, and that is way long!

captaincrunch
September 11th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Bonny, your hair looks great! I have the same wave as you but you are a good 6" longer and with the straight hemline I wish I had. Thanks for the inspiration!

What size of hair fork do you use? (Assuming you wear hair forks.)

ghost
September 11th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Everyone's hair is so amazing ;_; I wish I could somehow thicken up my ends instantly!

Bonny, I'm pretty sure your hair is super long :)
singing bird, that is just insane!

Here's mine from the end of August: TBL but the ends are so fine that they can be hard to see a little past hip.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2yx4tc7.jpg

I console myself with the fact that I have some nice shine, and a relatively small butt so classic will come a little bit sooner :p

Madora
September 11th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Everyone's hair is so amazing ;_; I wish I could somehow thicken up my ends instantly!

Here's mine from the end of August: TBL but the ends are so fine that they can be hard to see a little past hip.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2yx4tc7.jpg

I console myself with the fact that I have some nice shine, and a relatively small butt so classic will come a little bit sooner :p

You have lovely hair, ghost! Love those wavies!

Bonny
September 11th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Awww... thanks for the comments, everyone!

Angela_Rose, Teazel, and Madora - I've admired your hair (all three of you) for a long time and I'm flattered by your compliments!

Beautiful hair Bonny! Love your 'not super length', waves, and color :o

Thanks, SnowbirdRose!

Beautiful, Bonny, and that is way long!

Thanks, lapushka - I love the way it turned out after the WCC and LOC!

Bonny, your hair looks great! I have the same wave as you but you are a good 6" longer and with the straight hemline I wish I had. Thanks for the inspiration!

What size of hair fork do you use? (Assuming you wear hair forks.)

Thanks, captaincrunch! It's not quite as long as it looks in the picture... it's at classic. My husband took the picture from his 6-foot vantage point, which makes it look longer than it is.

Right now my favourite hair forks are a 4-prong Quattro, with 4.5" functional length, and a newly-purchased Jeterfork, 4-prong with 5-inch prongs. The Quattro hides very nicely in my bun, while the Jeterfork shows more prong.

Thanks, ghost! Your hair is lovely - I wish I had that kind of shine! :flower:

StellaKatherine
September 12th, 2014, 02:01 AM

I want your hair.. I want your hair colour.. So stunning ! :crush:

lapushka
September 12th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Thanks, lapushka - I love the way it turned out after the WCC and LOC!

It looks amazing! Glad it worked for you! :flower:

HeavenlyTresses
September 12th, 2014, 03:02 PM
So many beautiful fellow wavies here!

Bonny as my gray/white/silvers start to come in I can only hope to achieve something as gorgeous as your hair :)

gossamer
September 14th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I washed my hair last night and left it down to dry while I slept, rather than braid it and introduce artificial waves. This is what I had this morning, after fingercombing a little to get rid of morning tangles.

http://i.imgur.com/o6FySUr.jpg

You can see the waves near the top, and then they straighten out over the length, before coming back down at my ends:
http://i.imgur.com/fA48VRT.jpg

I'm really interested to see how much wave I'll have appear when I cut it shorter.

Beatnik Guy
September 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM

So very awesome. :bowtome:

Madora
September 14th, 2014, 10:45 AM
I washed my hair last night and left it down to dry while I slept, rather than braid it and introduce artificial waves. This is what I had this morning, after fingercombing a little to get rid of morning tangles.

You can see the waves near the top, and then they straighten out over the length, before coming back down at my ends:
http://i.imgur.com/fA48VRT.jpg

I'm really interested to see how much wave I'll have appear when I cut it shorter.

Gossamer, I smile and breathe a deep sigh of wishful thinking when I see your magnificent mane! I wish I had that much patience to deal with that length! Stunning, just stunning...and the color!!!!

FrozenBritannia
September 14th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Gorgeous Gossamer!!! I don't know how you manage to sleep without it braided, I tried and felt like my hair was trying to strangle me halfway through the night!

gossamer
September 14th, 2014, 12:30 PM
So very awesome. :bowtome:
Yours is wavier! I like that even more than my subtle waves.

Gossamer, I smile and breathe a deep sigh of wishful thinking when I see your magnificent mane! I wish I had that much patience to deal with that length! Stunning, just stunning...and the color!!!!

The color depends so much on the light! Here it looks almost reddish, but often is much more plain light brown. I can't say that I really have the patience for dealing with this length long term. I actually think rather regularly about cutting it shorter. But I'm stubborn and will hold out until I reach floor when dry before I cut!

Gorgeous Gossamer!!! I don't know how you manage to sleep without it braided, I tried and felt like my hair was trying to strangle me halfway through the night!
I so rarely sleep with it down because gets all over! If I'm sleeping alone or in a king size hotel bed, I can throw it on top of the outer blanket/bedspread and have it be ok. Last night I tucked most of it above and under my pillow, and then slept so soundly for once that I don't think I tossed and turned much at all. Worked pretty well, although it was still a bit damp when I woke up.

lapushka
September 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Pretty, gossamer! Is that "heel length"? :D

Beatnik Guy
September 14th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Yours is wavier! I like that even more than my subtle waves.

Thanks!! :D
I like your hair more than mine though. :wigtongue

cathair
September 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Love this thread :) Some of the best pictures I've seen out of the whole site! Everyone has lovely hair :crush: hope I can join you one day :)

Bonny
September 14th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Gossamer! :thud: So spectacular!

Jennwith4
September 14th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Wow, gossamer, beautiful hair!

trolleypup
September 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Gossamer, *iz ded* *all four paws up*

Neorah
September 14th, 2014, 11:27 PM
gossamer, your hair is gorgeous! I'm amazed at how wavy it is at such a long length!

Here's my contribution:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/joliefolle/dea84ab0-2691-42c4-991a-8e83274010c5.jpg

My hair has hardly any wave left in it anymore- I have to really work at it to get them to show now! Also, this photo is quite old now as it has apparently been ages since the last time I took a hair pic. But I've been maintaining at the same length for a few years now, so it's still an accurate representation. Definitely makes me want to take a new one though!!

Sparklylady82
September 15th, 2014, 12:12 AM
gossamer, your hair is gorgeous! I'm amazed at how wavy it is at such a long length!

Here's my contribution:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/joliefolle/dea84ab0-2691-42c4-991a-8e83274010c5.jpg

My hair has hardly any wave left in it anymore- I have to really work at it to get them to show now! Also, this photo is quite old now as it has apparently been ages since the last time I took a hair pic. But I've been maintaining at the same length for a few years now, so it's still an accurate representation. Definitely makes me want to take a new one though!!

Beautiful! And..."Hi from the other side of Cali!!!" :hifive:

Jennwith4
September 15th, 2014, 07:17 AM

Here's my contribution:

Very beautiful hair, neorah! It looks so healthy. :)

Madora
September 15th, 2014, 08:46 AM

Here's my contribution:

Oh, Neorah! What a beautiful mane! And the COLOR!!!! Right out of a fairytale! Gorgeous!

DweamGoiL
September 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Oh, Neorah! What a beautiful mane! And the COLOR!!!! Right out of a fairytale! Gorgeous!

Wow! So many stunning manes up in here :applause

Here is my hair in June when I cut off about 2.5 inches. Hairstylist got a bit too happy with the scissoring, but this picture is a good representation of the color and texture:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/060114_zpse6acca18.jpg

and then today. The curse of the wavies, it doesn't look like it grew at all. It just looks fuller:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/8536c094-105f-42fc-ad67-576d801cfc6c_zps32508b15.png

skeletonous
September 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM
gossamer you are truly one of my hair idols :bowtome: ever since I first saw your hair I have aspired to be able to grow mine that long and healthy.

Teazel
September 15th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Gossamer, you truly have super long hair - and it's truly thud-worthy! :thud:

Neorah, I keep goggling at your hair. So silky and thick I want to stroke it. :kitten: Just gorgeous!

There, I do believe that in 10 years that's the first time I've used the kitten emoticon.

gossamer
September 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Belated thank yous to lapushka, Bonny, Jennwith4, Teazel and skeletonous!

Gossamer, *iz ded* *all four paws up*
Uh oh, I'm pretty sure causing the demise of a mod will be a black mark against my account! :p

Over the past two weeks, I've been thinking about my hair type. I've got 1c listed in my profile, but maybe it's time to reassess that? :ponder:

Selkie-
September 28th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Wow stunning heads of hair here!! Awesome Gossamer and DweamGoil!!

Here's my contribution:

Neorah: I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR HAIR!! Oh my word it's like the most beautiful shimmery, silken cape!! Unbelievable! :heartbeat

DweamGoiL
September 28th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Neorah: I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR HAIR!! Oh my word it's like the most beautiful shimmery, silken cape!! Unbelievable! :heartbeat

Totally this :thumbsup:

Johannah
September 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM

Here's my contribution:

:bowtome::bowtome::bowtome:

ghost
September 28th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Gossamer, I died *_* Your hair is i n c r e d i b l e.

Narya
September 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I'm a wurly wondering if I belong in this thread or not... my length doesn't feel "super", but as I've achieved my goal of fingertip when wet I guess length is not a problem. A photo from August last year, right after a big trim (from classic to hip!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6114&d=1377984972

And I must say all your photos are amazing! :thud:

lapushka
September 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm a wurly wondering if I belong in this thread or not... my length doesn't feel "super", but as I've achieved my goal of fingertip when wet I guess length is not a problem. A photo from August last year, right after a big trim (from classic to hip!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6114&d=1377984972

Why wouldn't you belong in here? Well, that's what I think. Anything past BSL for sure is long to me.

NormaJean
September 30th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Ooh, Narya, you just made my day with that. My hair is about where your picture from last August is and has a similar-maybe-slightly-less wave..... and I suspect my torso is shorter too (but it's hard for me to tell in photos of people who are leaner than I am). You hit fingertip in 13 months from TB?

Narya
October 1st, 2014, 01:50 AM
Why wouldn't you belong in here? Well, that's what I think. Anything past BSL for sure is long to me.
It was the wurls that made me wonder, because they are out with a vengeance lately, but truth is I've always felt more wavy than curly, so I guess I belong here. I think as I worded it it looked like I was doubting my length, oops :oops:!

Ooh, Narya, you just made my day with that. My hair is about where your picture from last August is and has a similar-maybe-slightly-less wave..... and I suspect my torso is shorter too (but it's hard for me to tell in photos of people who are leaner than I am). You hit fingertip in 13 months from TB?
More like 14 months, and bearing in mind that we talk stretched, but yes. My hair grows fast (but breaks very easily, too, so I guess this ends up evening it all out) and I am by no means near fingertip when dry and wurly, but... :D

fiğrildi
October 1st, 2014, 04:58 AM

Your hair keeps amazing me Narya!! Your brown shade is so beautiful, and so is your texture :)

I can't get enough of this thread, you all have wonderful manes! I hope to join in two years or so, I'm still a shortie by LHC standards :p

lapushka
October 1st, 2014, 05:56 AM
It was the wurls that made me wonder, because they are out with a vengeance lately, but truth is I've always felt more wavy than curly, so I guess I belong here. I think as I worded it it looked like I was doubting my length, oops :oops:!

Oops on my part. Clearly I misunderstood! Sorry. :o

Narya
October 1st, 2014, 06:08 AM
fiğrildi, thank you! :flowers:

No worries, lapushka: when I re-read my post I saw I wasn't really clear either :)

cathair
October 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
If you ever get time, I would love to see a newer picture of you hair dry Narya. I'm so curious what fingertip length wet looks like dry, since your hair is similar to mine in waviness. Your hair is so beautiful :flower: I am amazed how much progress you've made in 14 months! :)

Narya
October 2nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
I'll take one next time my hair is down and isn't wider than it is long :lol: If you see days go by and I'm not back with a photo, poke me a bit: my brain isn't at its best lately, and I might forget!

Arete
October 2nd, 2014, 11:30 PM
Currently 2 inches away from BCL. I will get an actual length photo this weekend, but for now have an action shot from this August:
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/10679705_10204803131300394_1486226492755171452_o_z ps183f23e2.jpg

TrapperCreekD
October 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Cool action shot, Arete!

Here's my contribution:

OMG, dream length/hemline! :thud:

Not sure if I classify as super long but apparently I'm approaching classic(!) stretched.

http://i.imgur.com/PN9A2TV.png

Hotrox
October 4th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Hi, I am back to this site after a year or 2 away, I haven't trimmed my hair for nearly a year (not on purpose, just busy having a baby!!) and have decided to pay more attention to it again and grow it some more.

I was browsing for some inspiration, and wowsers ladies, I have certainly found it here, you all have beautiful hair.

Colour me inspired :heartbeat

FrozenBritannia
October 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
.i love the action shot!!

Narya
October 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Hair as of today. Shirt at Classic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13658&d=1412614427

It feels a bit weird claiming Fingertip when wet when you are right at Classic when wurly... :crazy:

Knifegill
October 6th, 2014, 10:58 AM
NARYA:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13658&d=1412614427
Amazing! I hope mine looks this good someday.

Will always follow this thread, can't wait to have a mane worthy of sharing!

Wurly hemlines are complicated. Can't tell if thin or bound in coils when looking. Easier to tell when combed or brushed out?

neko_kawaii
October 11th, 2014, 02:47 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13658&d=1412614427

It feels a bit weird claiming Fingertip when wet when you are right at Classic when wurly... :crazy:

*swoon* What wonderful wurls!

Madora
October 11th, 2014, 04:23 PM
*swoon* What wonderful wurls!

I agree 100% neko_kawaii! So pretty...and long!

cathair
October 11th, 2014, 04:28 PM

Thanks again for taking this picture :flower: I really appreciate it. It's really helpful to gauge length and I have such a big crush on your hair :crush:

I keep trying to work it out by eye, if my hair is as springy as yours, I think I would have to be past classic stretched to reach TBL wavy.

Remi
April 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM
So glad I saw this thread. Nice to know there are many super-long wavies in our community to give us (me) inspiration. :)

nicolezoie
April 2nd, 2015, 08:29 PM
I can't really tell if I am a wavy or a curly, but whatever I actually am, it still has a pattern, even at this length. All the shorter bits and younger hairs throughout seem to encourage wave pattern, curl pattern, whatever. It's there, still.

woodswanderer
April 2nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
I don't think I will ever qualify as super long by LHC norms, but I'm still trotting by to say I'm enjoying all the wavy love in this thread. I feel like a lot of people don't appreciate wavy hair in real life and only like straight or curly hair.

All I hear at work is, "My hair is wavy so I have to straighten (or curl) it to make it look good." Yep....this is what they say to me about their own hair...while my wavy hair is down and staring them in the face.:rolleyes:

Wildcat Diva
April 2nd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Oh I'm glad I found this thread! I want to qualify here someday.

Islandgrrl
April 2nd, 2015, 09:19 PM
It's straight-ish in this picture just because it was a length shot and brushed. But if I let it be it really does dry wavy. This is "can I call this knee" length a few months ago.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o777/TheIslandgrrl/hair/4DC64C91-2875-4918-8C12-20C38FE1CF5F_zpshrw9esod.jpg

This is what my waves really look like! Obviously an older picture...

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o777/TheIslandgrrl/Mobile%20Uploads/20120802_103133_zpsh12btlts.jpg