PDA

View Full Version : Buns of steel

TheLuckyLurker
September 2nd, 2014, 08:22 PM
So, a rather unpleasant thing happened today: I was riding my bike, and got knocked down when someone opened his car door on me. I'm pretty well covered in bruises,and my already messed up knee is now even worse. I hit the ground so hard my headphones came off. But my bun, a simple fork-held lazy wrap, didn't move. At all. Didn't even realize it until I got home, but yeah.

It caused me to wonder what your 'buns of steel' are. What's your go-to updo when you need your hair to stay in place no matter what?

AspenSong
September 2nd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Mine is a double wrap Nautilus or this weird, offset nautilus like one I do. Have no idea if it's a real bun, but it holds!

gthlvrmx
September 2nd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Im sorry you fell! Did the person opening the door even apologize? That's awesome though that your hair stayed in it's bun! My hair does best in a nautilus bun secured with spin pins. It really holds when im running :)

eadwine
September 3rd, 2014, 12:13 AM
Get well soon! Mine is a braided (tie left on) 10sec quick bun, variation of the nautilus secured with a flexi-8. You can pull on this thing and it will not come undone.

gossamer
September 3rd, 2014, 07:18 AM
How do you wear a bike helmet over the bun?

Johannah
September 3rd, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hope you get better soon! :grouphug: mine is a lazy wrap bun as well, if I do it a little tighter than normal. Same with the nautilus.

brickworld13
September 3rd, 2014, 07:57 AM
How do you wear a bike helmet over the bun?

I was wondering this too. I have to use braids to accomodate the helmet.

TheLuckyLurker
September 3rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
I can't figure out the multi-quote function, so, I'll do it this way.

He did apologize; I could tell he felt really bad about it.

I'm still sore, and the bruise on my arm -where the door actually hit me- seems to be getting bigger and bigger as I watch, but I feel a lot better than I did yesterday.

And finally, I don't actually have a helmet, so fitting over a bun isn't an issue (yes, I know, bad Lurker).

I'd like to try a Nautilus, or even a braided one, but even though my hair's long enough now, I just can't seem to get it right. It's either too lose, or it just looks and feels sloppy.