PDA

View Full Version : Volume on top without disturbing length?

cosmic crusader
September 1st, 2014, 12:07 AM
So I am having good success bringing out the most of my waves with a sort of LOC method. I wrote about it on the 2A support thread, but basically I've found that getting my hair wet every other day as opposed to washing every 3-4, plus pressing product in otherwise undisturbed, airdried wet hair has been A+. Now to next level it, I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow get more root volume without disturbing the more defined waves in the length. If I rake through my scalp, I get some temporary volume but it frizzes out the length and adds to tangling. The waves get weird with too much manipulation.

Any suggestions?

lapushka
September 1st, 2014, 04:49 AM
Other than the clipping (curly girl) method, and drying (blow drying, diffusing) it upside down, I got nothin'.

dezibela
September 1st, 2014, 08:21 AM
I asked a similar question & got great answers. Here's the link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125512

Hope it helps!

cosmic crusader
September 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Thank you both; I need to try that clipping method! I had heard of it but had never seen a photo...looks promising. I need more details!

martyna_22
September 1st, 2014, 12:35 PM
If you don't feel like massaging with hands, why don't try one of these cheap head massagers? I've heard they're pretty nice but I haven't really stumbled upon them in my area. Not only do they stimulate blood circulation, but also are supposed to give you more volume.

cosmic crusader
September 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM
If you don't feel like massaging with hands, why don't try one of these cheap head massagers? I've heard they're pretty nice but I haven't really stumbled upon them in my area. Not only do they stimulate blood circulation, but also are supposed to give you more volume.

Good call! Those feel AMAZING to boot. Just ordered one on amazon for less than $5.

martyna_22
September 1st, 2014, 12:57 PM
Glad to be of service :)

jeanniet
September 1st, 2014, 01:55 PM
Layering makes a big difference, although if you're growing out you probably don't want that (I'm not, so my hair is heavily layered). Otherwise, clip the roots while it dries. You don't even have to clip for that long. I clip for an hour or so if I'm not going out It makes a big difference for me, because even with layering, the thickness of my hair will really flatten the roots if I don't clip. I use small jaw clips, not the metal ones. My hair always gets tangled in the metal clips, so I gave up on those.