PDA

View Full Version : Long hair, short stature...

mortiziia
September 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi everybody,

The longest I've ever had my hair has been waist length. As I never really bothered to look after its health, when it reached this length it was really crappy and needed to be chopped off to APL more or less. Now I'm trying to reach a new goal (classic), but for good this time - no more massive cuts, I'm working hard on finding out what my hair loves.

Let me get to the point: what kinda bothers me is people (close friends, actually, whose advice I value) telling me that I should never let my hair grow that much because long hair is only becoming to tall persons. I'm pretty short - 5 ft 4. Should I settle for waist length because of my stature? I'd really appreciate your opinion on this, for if there's somebody out there who knows something about hair, that's you, LHC users...

Thanks a lot!

Isilme
September 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
settle on a length which feels comfortable for you, you hight has nothing to do with having long or short hair.

Tap Dancer
September 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm around 5'3" and I'd never let my height determine how long my hair should be. Grow it as long as you like or cut it as short as you like. There's no "right" length. :)

Arctic_Mama
September 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Well I am 5'1 and going for hair as long as it will grow. I admit that long locks don't have the same spectacular effect on a shorter frame as they do on a taller one, it's just hard to look stately when you come up to your husband's pecs :mad:

But that does NOT mean you shouldn't grow it out. Especially if you're growing it out for your pleasure screw what everyone else thinks, and quite frankly I'd say they're jealous. If they think it looks silly why say anything at all? It's obviously garnering you attention, and I'd say if it's healthy it's most likely positive attention.

Seriously, if we lived and died by the opinions of others we'd all be very unhappy people. There comes a time where pleasing yourself just has to matter more, especially in the area of your appearance. As for me, stumpy as I am I wear my hair proudly, and relish the fact that I hit my milestones faster than the amazons here :grin:

forestwitch
September 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Don't listen to them! Grow your hair to your toes if you feel like it, it's yours so why should they tell you what to do. Plus you're not short at all!! They will definitely change their minds once your hair is grown out because long, shiny, healthy hair looks amazing no matter what your height. P.S. make sure to wave your flowing locks at them once you reach your goal, they are sure to go green with envy :P

ladystar
September 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
I am 5 feet, and I have the same goal as you... I say grow it if it feels right to you...

Eireann
September 22nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm 5'1" with a goal of tailbone and maybe classic if I get to tailbone and still feel like growing. I had waist length or longer hair my entire childhood through high school and my first couple years of college. I remember once in high school a friend's mom telling me my long hair makes me look shorter. Guess what? When I had short hair, I was still only 5'1". Not to mention a "pixie" cut on someone pixie sized tends to make one look, well, pixie-ish! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Long hair on a petite person can look just as elegant/feminine/sexy/[fill in the blank] as on a taller person, in my opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it.)

The good news is, when you are short, you can reach anatomic milestones like waist, tailbone and classic faster than taller people do!

Nevermore
September 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm 5'0. I plan to have hair to the floor, if my genes allow it. Long hair is becoming on EVERYONE if it makes them happy.

SweetPea88
September 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Long hair is becoming on EVERYONE if it makes them happy.

Very well said! I'm 5'3" myself and I think long hair has always been flattering on me. Don't listen so much to what other people say about "long hair", if it feels right to you and you enjoy it, that's all that really matters. :)

Fencai
September 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
you should go for what feels right.
Its your hair, and height has nothing to do with it!

Haith
September 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I agree with all here. I am the same height as you, and I have never let that change what length I'm going to stop at. Besides, don't let anyone tell you what to do. Only you know what's going to make you happy.

Ohio Sky
September 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Height has nothing to do with hair. I know some very short people that have lovely long hair.

And be thankful that when some of us have over 30" of hair and are barely brushing waist, you will have 30" of hair and will be approaching tailbone. :rolleyes:

akiss4lexie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'm 5'1" and I've just always been a longhair at heart. I had shoulder length hair for awhile, and when I announced that I was going to grow it to waist again, people told me that that was too long for a person so short. But you know what? I'm about there now, and I've gotten nothing but compliments the entire journey here. Do what feels right for you, and everyone else will get on board with the idea in due time. Besides, it's YOUR hair.. that means YOU get to decide what to do with it. ;)

xrosiex
September 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
I believe you should do what makes you feel the best. I'm 5'6" So my waist seem like a long way down. Sometimes I wish I was shorter.

cuddledumplin
September 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
I'm 5'2", and I think my long hair is very becoming on me. Like everyone else said, please yourself, and grow it to a length that feels good to you.

wintersun99
September 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I think you will know what you think looks most flattering on you, when you get there :)

Speckla
September 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
I'm 5'1" and currently have 23" and my goal is to reach 36" but it will probably only come to bsl because my hair is very curly. I don't worry about being short with long hair. My hair will only look longer if it makes me look shorter. :)
________
Suzuki Gt380 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GT380)

itsMEowKat
September 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Not only do I agree with everyone here, but I offer a personal experience:

I am 4'11", "full figured" and when I arrived in England my hair was hip length. My young nieces were fascinated with my hair, but my in-laws and peers impressed upon me that long hair wasn't very appealing on a woman my size or age (I had just turned 40). Feeling the pressure to assimilate into my new life here I did as they suggested and cut my hair shoulder length with layers. I regretted it instantly. I Liked my hair. I like it, and it was MY hair, and it was beautiful, and made me feel beautiful. And when I realized that my "helpful friends" all had short, layered, dyed and fried frizz I vowed NEVER to let anyone else wield that kind of influence over me again.

Learn from my mistake, and do what YOU want to do.

Brianna
September 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
I agree with everyone else - grow your hair as long as you want to, your height doesn't matter. I'm 5'1 and I'm not going to let it stop me from growing very long hair. :) Even if I should end up looking like a midget. :p I like being short.

hobbitgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
As the Local Embassador for Lilliput, I must tell you that first, you are not short. In my world, you are normal/average. I stand 4'10.5" tall (have ya seen the booster seat commercials saying 4'9" tall? People at my job think it's soooo funny to point it out to me).

Anyhow, long hair is beautiful and I have always wanted it. If you want it, grow it and prove them wrong. Long hair gives you options that short hair doesn't.

Tapioca
September 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
And be thankful that when some of us have over 30" of hair and are barely brushing waist, you will have 30" of hair and will be approaching tailbone. :rolleyes:

I hear you there. Mine was almost 36" before it hit waist. There were definitely days I wished I were shorter.

hobbitgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Height has nothing to do with hair. I know some very short people that have lovely long hair.

A very good point. I just finally measured mine and 27" is just above the waist on me. It must take tall folks FOREVER to get to classic.

wendyg
September 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
My friend's kid hit waist some months back, and it only took her two and a half years.

It sure helps to be really short.

wg
(She was born with a copious head of hair and it just kept growing from there. My friend finally had to chop it back to shoulder length a couple of weeks ago because it's just too hard to get a 2 1/2 year old to sit still for detangling, etc.)

Tangles
September 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Petite is feminine and cute, and long hair sort of accentuates that... I don't see the problem here... it's the same bs as the "long hair drags you down thing".

Slug Yoga
September 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
No, that's silly. And 5'4" is actually average, or even slightly taller than average. And look at it this way, it will take you less time to grow to classic than someone who is like 6 feet tall :D

mira-chan
September 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm 5'4" with hair at thigh length, which looks just fine on me. The "no long hair for shorter people" thing is BS and 5'4" isn't short... I was the tall one in Japan and average in Russia for example. This height is pretty average in the US too.

kunibob
September 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'm 5'5", and I'm growing mine out!

I've actually never heard about this whole long-hair-is-unbecoming-on-short-people sentiment until this thread. I'm pretty surprised that such sentiments exist out there, to be honest. Since when does height affect how flattering or unflattering a hair length is? :confused:

A woman in my hometown had beautiful ankle-length hair, and she was about 5'0". It was very becoming on her! :)

ClareDee
September 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I think people should have faith in their own taste :) If it looks good to you, then wear/have it. If it doesn't, get rid of it.

I know "Life's too short" is one of the most overused mottos, but it's true. Time spent trying to appeal to everyone else is time wasted... There will always and forever be people who think the way you dress/talk/think/etc is wrong. It's impossible to please everyone, so just please yourself first :)

By the way, I'm 5'3" and it's very much an average height here for women. Definitely not considered short...

Starr
September 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm 5'3" and I have long hair because not only do I love it but it looks much better on me then short hair. . .

Rain
September 22nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
As the Local Embassador for Lilliput, I must tell you that first, you are not short. In my world, you are normal/average. I stand 4'10.5" tall (have ya seen the booster seat commercials saying 4'9" tall? People at my job think it's soooo funny to point it out to me).

Anyhow, long hair is beautiful and I have always wanted it. If you want it, grow it and prove them wrong. Long hair gives you options that short hair doesn't.

I am the same height as you. My hair is classic length at the longest (it's layered). I love it. I don't care.

Shorty89
September 22nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
I agree with what others have said. I'm not quite 5' and my hair's classic. I love it and that's all it matters.

sneakybea
September 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I echo everyone else's sentiments---you should go with what you want, not what others think will look right. After all, if you grow your hair and think it doesn't flatter you, then you can cut, if that's what you want to do. Actually, I think Jane Seymour is only about 5 foot 4, and she is known as a long hair icon (though I think it's just past her shoulders these days).
By the way, I am five foot three myself, and have waist length hair.

anna1850
September 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I believe the national average height (in the UK) for a woman is 5'5" so if you're below average your only barely so. I'm 5'2.5" and I don't really consider myself short. Anything below 5' is short to me. I'm short compared to men but women normally are.

The only thing that I've noticed about my height is that my legs seem quite short compared to my upper body. I was thinking of growing to knee length but I looked in the mirror and realised that would only be about 16" above the floor which seems maybe too long.

But I think long hair looks good on short people. In some ways it might accentuate how short they are but I think it's cute. I really wouldn't care if I was a few inches shorter anyway.

Oberon88
September 22nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
I would say grow it as long as you want, I have a friend who's 4'11 and she has gorgeous TB length hair. Its taking me forever to get to TB! Sometimes I wish I was shorter.

ladyshannonanne
September 22nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
5'4" isn't short.

Long hair is for everyone.

People are silly.

Those would be my thoughts.

Pierre
September 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm 1.51 m and while my hair is about midback stretched out, it's just past shoulders curled up in braids as it is now. But I'm aiming for waist and possibly beyond.

Oskimosa
September 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
....What? 5'4" is ...short? :( But I'm just 5'5", and I always thought I was average. Sure I' short compared to my 6'3" husband, but... that's what high heels are for. *sniff sniff*

Besides, I never avoided long hair because of how it looked on my height, it never ran through my mind at all. I just cut because I was bored with it.

Vicky Veiss
September 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
I'm not quite 5'4'', and my hair's almost mid-calf. If I were 5'8'', my hair would only be around knee, and if I were six feet, it would merely be at mid-thigh. Sometimes I wish I were five feet even, because then I'd be almost at ankle! Short people + long hair = a naturally harmonious combination.

Not that a six-foot person with ankle-length hair wouldn't be an awesome sight. :D

aisling
September 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
5'4" isn't short, it's average length.

There will always be a bunch of "too:s" when it comes to having long hair that will be thrown at you: you're too short, you're too tall, you're too thin, you're too fat, you're too old, your hair is too thin, your hair is too curly, your hair is too fine... Want me to continue? :D Just ignore it, it's just opinions people have, no rules that you have to obey.

Lisa-Maria
September 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
Am just about 5" and have my hair at TB atm and I was recently at classic. No one's ever told me I'm to short for long hair :)

lilalong
September 23rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
LOL!!!
I'm very tall and people have told, I should cut my hair short, so I will look more elegant showing off my neck, or something strange like that. It seems "people" will never agree to long hair.

mortiziia
September 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Wow, thank you all for this response :cheese:.
I was so tired of listening to the 'you'll-be-like-captain-caveman (http://se2.selektive-erinnerung.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/captain-caveman1.jpg)+giggling' thing that I was beginning to let it rot me down. I cut my hair in layers in Dec 07 under the influence of other people and regretted it almost immediately, now I was about to let the same thing happen: I'm going home for Christmas and was even considering another trimming (which my hair doesn't need now).

Not having any friends around here sort of undermines my confidence, when I speak over the phone with them I'm eager to please so they won't resent me. I know it's silly, but I can't help it. Thank you for being with me on this one, I'm going for classic!

Nini
September 23rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I'm 156,3 cm tall, or short:) And I've always worn my hair long.

Then again I've never had anyone tell me my hair makes me look short.

You hang in there, and don't bow under the pressure!:D

Nini

Miss Hidley
September 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
I'm 5"9 and at that height I'm the shortest one in my family. So I'm tall and used to being around tall people. But it has never struck me that petite or average women should cut their hair just because of their height! To me long hair looks beautiful regardless of height, and in some cases its preferable to those pixie cuts which just make smaller slim women look like school children..

Eryka
September 23rd, 2008, 07:01 AM
I'm 5'4 and I have hair to the back of my knees. Let your own voice be your guide. Anyone else is just jealous.

OR Cowgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
You absolutely should NOT settle!! Grow your hair to the length that YOU enjoy! I'm 5'4" also and creeping down to 50 inches. If I can make it, I'd love to grow to knee length, maybe even longer!!

Mariah

noelgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
I'm 5'3", and I've always had my hair at least below my shoulders (currently it's just past BSL). In magazines I always read that petite women are "overwhelmed" by long hair, but if you've got great hair, why not let it "overwhelm" you? As for "looking taller", what's the point of that? Sure, fashion dictates a tall, thin, ideal, but your height is what it is. No matter what kind of fashion tricks I try, I won't be able to reach the books on the top shelf, and I won't be able to see over the heads of the 6-footers in front of me. I may as well just do as I please.

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Oh my gosh, the things people come up with! You're short so you shouldn't have long hair. I had NO idea that permissible hair length had any relation to height. Seriously I had to laugh at that one.

You should have your hair any way you want your hair.

redtea
September 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
After I got my longer hair cut into a bob when I was a teenager, I remember the hairdresser telling me it looked better because of my height - I'm 5'3" although at that point I may have been a couple inches shorter. For years I was self-conscious of being short and would always wear heels. I guess I felt like I didn't fit the "ideal" for some reason.

Now I'm comfortable with my height. I figure I'm still 5'3" no matter what I try - long hair and short? I look like a short girl with long hair. Pixie cut and short? Yep, I still look short. 3" inch heels? I look like a short girl in heels. I'm not fooling anyone so I might as well be comfortable with myself... and really, I'd like to think I look pretty good :)

Paliele
September 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
I've learned that if you're 5'4 with short hair, you're still 5'4. But if you're 5'4 with long hair, you can put it in an updo and may magically become 5'6...;)

Oskimosa
September 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
I'm 5'3", and I've always had my hair at least below my shoulders (currently it's just past BSL). In magazines I always read that petite women are "overwhelmed" by long hair, but if you've got great hair, why not let it "overwhelm" you? As for "looking taller", what's the point of that? Sure, fashion dictates a tall, thin, ideal, but your height is what it is. No matter what kind of fashion tricks I try, I won't be able to reach the books on the top shelf, and I won't be able to see over the heads of the 6-footers in front of me. I may as well just do as I please.

Hehehe! That's cute. And so true! How silly fashion ideals are...

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
You know, tall or short, they'll always have something to say.

What do I get? Pretty much the same carp as lilalong above. I'm only 5'9". "You're so tall and elegant, why would you let all that hair drag you down???" Um, because secretly I've always wanted to be 5' tall???? :rolleyes:

NeilTheFuzz
September 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
I think you should stick with whatever length you think looks good on you. Personally, I think waist length hair looks amazing on pretty much all girls. It's a shame more girls don't have long, long hair.

Neil

Chromis
September 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Pfft long hair doesn't make you look short, standing next to tall people makes you look short!

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Personally, I think waist length hair looks amazing on pretty much all girls. It's a shame more girls don't have long, long hair.

Neil

:) I'd have to counter that with the same statement about guys.

Alethia
September 23rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Remember, long lines make people seem taller, so grow that hair!! :) My mate's little girl has a form of dwarfism and she had lovely waist length hair up until recently. I thought it looked lovely, but she had it chopped into a bob recently. It's still lovely, but I liked her thick long locks better before. I don't think it made her look any shorter.

JessTheMess
September 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
I think long hair looks beautiful on everyone! Male, Female, Tall, Short etc. etc..
It sounds like words of envy my dear! I say grow, grow, grow!!!!

Amara
September 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Maybe I'm on my own but I've never noticed that height/hair have anything to do with one another. Saying long hair doesn't look good on shorter people implies that it makes them look shorter... i.e. it's a bad thing to be short. Well, being short, being tall, being "average" - all of those things could be complimented or complained about. If you're short and you want long hair somebody could tell you not to do it because it makes you look shorter. If you're tall and you want long hair somebody could tell you it makes you look too tall and intimidating. If you're average somebody will find some other body flaw that makes long hair a "bad idea."

In short, whatever. :p Do what you want, there's no good reason not to.

Oberon88
September 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Pfft long hair doesn't make you look short, standing next to tall people makes you look short!

HAHAHHA Sorry to hijack, but the other day I was giving a group presentation and one of the girls in my group looked up at me and said "I don't want to stand next to you" while we were presenting.

Anyway, back to business, I think if you have long gorgeous hair, don't care about other people's standards. It's not their head.

Chromis
September 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
HAHAHHA Sorry to hijack, but the other day I was giving a group presentation and one of the girls in my group looked up at me and said "I don't want to stand next to you" while we were presenting.

Anyway, back to business, I think if you have long gorgeous hair, don't care about other people's standards. It's not their head.

I just joke that I must be standing in a hole. :lol:

I'm actually pretty average height for a girl, I just happen to know a lot of tall people!

truepeacenik
September 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
without reading a single response, let this 5-2, 40 year old tell you ***k 'em.
we get to the extreme body milestones faster. revel in that.

Jean_Grey
September 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Long hair is beautiful, no matter what your stature.

People drive me crazy trying to control how other people look. What is the deal?!

Xi
September 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm 5'2" and have had long hair (waist-tailbone) for my whole life -- no one has ever told me I'm too short for long hair! I've never heard such an absurdity -- where do people get such notions? I would politely thank those people for their (bizarre and unsolicited) opinion, and tell them that I think my hair length is particularly suitable to my body.:p

Bronwyn Grace
September 23rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
I'm 5' 2"-5' 3" and when I had short hair, I honestly felt shorter.

But the point is, don't listen to them! I'm sure you are gorgeous with short or long hair. :) Tell them to keep their unwanted opinions to themselves. ;)

Xanthippe
September 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well, you're not short first of all! I'm 5'2'' and my hair is around hip length. I think it's very becoming on me actually. So, take heart and don't listen to those naysayers if you want to grow out your hair. :)

I've learned that if you're 5'4 with short hair, you're still 5'4. But if you're 5'4 with long hair, you can put it in an updo and may magically become 5'6...;)

:lol: I should try that one.

Tressie
September 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm 5'4" and I want to say, "you got got that right!"!! I love your attitude!!
Besides, if we cut off our hair because we are short or on the shorter end of average,
how would we "let our hair down"? We can have the best of both worlds! Don't let them influence you! Hang with the LHC and we'll offer encouragement, fellowship and support your right to have long hair, if YOU want it! Right gang???

PeaceWithTrees
September 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Aww....Come on......im sure your friends give great advice, but......That sounds a little jealous to me.....Most people that tell you to stop growing your hair, or cut it are people who are not as happy as you are about your hair. Grow it long! It dosnt matter how tall you are. Its beautiful on everyone, Besides, if you need more evidence that long hair is nice on short people, I saw this really petite girl @ my school, actually 2 differnt short and petite girls, maybe about 5' 3"-4", And they had long hair to their knees and it was absolutley stunning. It definatly brought them lots of attetntion... Your friends might know that it will bring your lots of attention too :D Grow it to what your comfortable with. And if you dont like it long, then cut it to a better length for you!:)

Treecrown
September 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM
I'm 5'4'', I've never thought of myself as short (except when standing next to taller people, as pointed out by others here) and I've had long hair (varying between BSL and waist) all my life. No one has EVER suggested that it made me look short !!!?????

That said, though, the artist in me has to add that it would all depend on the shape of your face, body, and hair. Big, shoulder-length hair might make a short person look shorter, by making her head look bigger. In fact I noticed that effect on myself, years ago when my hair was much thicker and wavier and shorter.

Bottom line, though, don't listen to anyone's silly theories, just wear your hair however you think it looks most beautiful!

Lamb
September 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Is 5'4" short?? I thought it was a middle stature for women. (I'm only 5'3", and noone told me I was too small for anything!)
And hair length has nothing to do with height. But I remember a hairdresser once told me to keep my layers if I ever grew my hair out, to make me look "taller." :rolleyes: :confused:
Wear your hair as long as you want, I say.

GlassEyes
September 24th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Uhhh, I thinkI heard that a while ago...

My advice is to ignore it. Do whatever the heck you want. The LHC isn't exactly a conformerto the rules of society, at least as far as hair goes. XD

mortiziia
September 24th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Many thanks for the huge support, I feel more confident about what I want now - I should have known better in the first place. I have to work hard on the insecurity issue and starting to feel good about the way I look, regardless of what others say, means a lot.
BSL+ now and growing!

truepeacenik
September 24th, 2008, 08:34 AM
it's always good to find your inner voice.
It's reassuring to know it has a Greek Chorus in us!

akka naeda
September 24th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'm sure people have said it, do what you like:D

I'm 5'4" and at the moment my hair is knee length. It doesn't make me look any shorter when it is down.

Kiraela
September 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I'm 5'1 and I've got tailbone+ hair, at 36". Some people, that's waist or hip.

I've found, that with most of my friends being guys, most of which are 6'4" or taller,... long hair makes me more noticeable so I don't get stepped on or run over as often! (expecially if it's in a halfup with long sticks sticking out of the top :D )

I've also noticed that my hair being longer gives me more confidence, so I stand taller, walk prouder, and actually measure in with an extra inch of height... So I say grow it as long as you want it :)

trolleypup
September 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Huh!

Well, all I can say is that floor length hair on someone of your stature looks pretty nice!

Eryka
September 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Short girls have the advantage. We reach our goals faster. I feel sorry for the person who is 6'5 and going for knee length or longer.

FlyBabyTina
September 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I am 5 ft 2 in and my shortest lengths of my hair are what used to be my bangs, and they reach my hip bones and my longest few hairs reach the bottom of my bottom (classic length) My goal is to reach the floor!

toocurly
September 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm 5'3 and I feel bad in short hair. All my life heard that short stature is not good for long hair, but it's just a stereotype and I don't care about it. I want BSL and I'm growing my hair:)

Eolan
September 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I think some people out there get really provoced by long hairs. Don't know why, but maybe it has something to do with thinking for yourself, choosing someting natural and don't obey the current hair fashion. You're supposed to stay in the box or something.
I've never heard that short people should not have long hair, but everything else that aisling mentioned. I got the "your hair is to thick to be that long" from my hair dresser. Now my hair dresser, (who also is my best friend actually) absolutely adores my hair. I say go out there and prove them all wrong!

Áine
September 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I am not sure why other people who probably have not ever grown their hair very long feel qualified enough to give others unsolicited advice about how to wear theirs.

1. You put in the time and diligence to care for your hair and keep it in top condition.

2. You had no control over your height. Not that being petite is bad anyway.

3. How do they know extra long hair won't look good if they haven't seen it on you before?

I'm sure as your hair reaches those lengths, you'll have a bunch of converted believers! ;)