PDA

View Full Version : I managed a lazy wrap bun! But one thing...

sarahthegemini
August 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Well I kind of managed it. I formed the bun, inserted the stick and it looked GREAT. Until 3 seconds later when the stick out. I feel this is progress tho, usually my bun attempts end up looking like a mysterious blob. This one actually WAS a LWB. My question is, how can I insert the stick for better anchoring? It kinda felt like I don't have enough scalp space under the bun to weave it under the scalp hair and out and over the side loop. If that makes sense? Are there any other ways of securing a LWB? Spin pins maybe?

kaydana
August 31st, 2014, 03:12 PM
I don't try to grab scalp hair when doing a lazy wrap, I just shove the stick through the hair in a straight line. Wiggling it around trying to get at the scalp hair just loosens the bun for me.

meteor
August 31st, 2014, 03:21 PM
What a great thread! I'm in the same situation with LWB as sarahthegemini, so I'm definitely going to watch this thread for tips! :)

BonnieU
August 31st, 2014, 03:22 PM
I use one finger only to wrap around, then do the flip and stick method, going through the loop along the finger in the opposite direction, then flipping back while grabbing a little scalp hair then angling the stick up slightly to pierce midway through the other side. I'm just beyond apl and this works great and will hold all day.

I've possibly just described the way it's typically done and have not been helpful at all, if so, sorry, but either way, good luck!

sarahthegemini
August 31st, 2014, 04:30 PM
I don't try to grab scalp hair when doing a lazy wrap, I just shove the stick through the hair in a straight line. Wiggling it around trying to get at the scalp hair just loosens the bun for me.

Do you use anythig else to anchor the bun to your scalp? I just tried again and this time the bun fell apart - I think from the 'wriggling' decreasing the tension.

What a great thread! I'm in the same situation with LWB as sarahthegemini, so I'm definitely going to watch this thread for tips! :)

Hopefully we can figure this out! :)

I use one finger only to wrap around, then do the flip and stick method, going through the loop along the finger in the opposite direction, then flipping back while grabbing a little scalp hair then angling the stick up slightly to pierce midway through the other side. I'm just beyond apl and this works great and will hold all day.

I've possibly just described the way it's typically done and have not been helpful at all, if so, sorry, but either way, good luck!

Haha that's the method I've been using :p I just can't seem to catch enough scalp hair.

Anje
August 31st, 2014, 04:46 PM
I need to give the hair a few twists or LWBs usually dump my sticks out. Give that a try. Messing with the tension of the bun is often necessary, too, especially as you gain length.

sarahthegemini
September 1st, 2014, 04:58 AM
I need to give the hair a few twists or LWBs usually dump my sticks out. Give that a try. Messing with the tension of the bun is often necessary, too, especially as you gain length.

I'll give it a try, thanks Anje!

Dreams_in_Pink
September 1st, 2014, 05:20 AM
Hair forks hold hair better than sticks. Try it again with a 3 or 4 pronged fork and thank me later :) (that's how i managed my first bun)

kaydana
September 1st, 2014, 05:41 AM
Do you use anythig else to anchor the bun to your scalp? I just tried again and this time the bun fell apart - I think from the 'wriggling' decreasing the tension. .

Oh, oh, oh, I just remembered what I did when my hair was shorter! Try putting your hair in a ponytail first and try to get the stick behind the hair tie when you put it in (don't worry about grabbing scalp hair, just get it behind the hair tie). The hair tie holds the stick in place, and the stick holds your hair in place.