PDA

View Full Version : My Hair

cmdinoto
August 31st, 2014, 02:27 PM
Hi Everybody,

I recently cut 6 inches of my hair off. It feels amazing now and very strong. I am using Pureology strengthening shampoo and conditioner. But recently I have a travesty at work. I am under investigation and I am not sure what I do and they will not tell me what I did wrong. When this event started at work (that I can no longer work until the investigation is cleared) My hair has been coming out in chunks. They are almost 50-100 strands each time and sometimes it happens multiple times. I haven't changed my diet. I was wondering if anybody has heard of anxiety causes hair loss. I am so scared!! Please Help!

Chrissy

Callifornia
August 31st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Yes, when I was 16 I had TB length hair and I changed guardianship from my dad to my mom.
It was highly stressful because my dad had some mental issues that made me worry about safety for my mom. He also would chew me out for 2-6 hours a day every single day for the year it took the courts to get the change of guardianship done.

My hair lost about 3/4 of it's thickness. It took about a year to get that thin though so maybe yours won't get so bad. I cut it to collar bone length after I was settled in at my moms. It grew back in thickness, I enjoyed a variety of fun cuts and layers and then let my hair just grow. It's back at TB length again and normal thickness for me.

There's not much you can to but try to keep yourself from getting too stressed. Take a hot bubble bath, go for a run, read a book, just do whatever you can to relax. Don't worry about your hair, it will only add more stress to you. Just concentrate on making it through, take one day at a time. You can do it! I hope it all settles down soon for you! :blossom:

Zesty
August 31st, 2014, 03:07 PM
Yes, stress/anxiety can definitely cause hair loss. A few years ago while studying abroad I had a big stress shed. I objectively lost thickness in my ponytail (stopped measuring after a while). Just try to keep calm and manage your stress (easier said than done, I know) and know that in all likelihood it'll be over soon and you'll be back on your way to normalcy. Also I'm sending hugs. It sucks that hair can react this way to stress, it just makes you more stressed!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2014, 04:38 PM
Yes, stress can make your hair fall out, last year I lost a third of my hair from stress. Once the stress stops though, your hair will grow back again though.

ErinLeigh
August 31st, 2014, 09:17 PM
Yes it can happen. Best thing to do is try and take some form of control back for yourself so you can relax.
Use this time time to do something you enjoy, look for another job, exercise to lift mood and feel strong, read favorite books, begin a hobby. Anything to take your mind off anxiety and replace it with something positive.

This investigation is going to run it's course and there is not a lot you can do about that. I know how stressful this is but try not to lose yourself to it.
I am sorry so about the shed. I hope it stops so you can take it off the pile of things to be worried about. I am sure everything is is going to be ok.
I think it's insane the job won't at least tell you what they are investigating. Again I am so sorry.

I went thru a few years of extreme duress and anxiety. It can effect everything. Sending you a ton of positive energy.

diddiedaisy
September 1st, 2014, 01:36 AM
Hi, I agree with all of the above. I went through the same last year, and lost about 30-40 o/o of my hair but I do have a lot of new growth, so it does grow back. Try to make sure you are eating well and maybe supplement your diet with a good multi vitimin. What stopped my shed was taking biotin, msm and a multi vitimin.