PDA

View Full Version : Hair growing differently in some spots?

Erin1152
September 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hey guys!
I have a very strange hair problem that i've had ever since I was about 14. (I am 23 now) The hair right below my ears grows kind of kinky.. The rest of my hair is completely straight, but this hair looks almost as if it has been fried. I don't know why.. Any one else have a problem like this?

Kirin
September 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
I don't have this problem myself, but my husband does. Most of his hair grows thick, coarse and in a mild wave, but the back of his neck, and by his ears grows very kinky and very curly. Also this hair doesnt seem to grow very long, it stays relatively short.

We've started clipping that hair down and back, and its made a world of difference.

Shanarana
September 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
My hair under the nape of my neck appears to be more kinky than the rest of my hair. I don't like it really, but what can I do. If I wear my hair down I'm sure to put extra oil in the underneath area and gel too.

Oskimosa
September 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
My husband has this, too. It's quite wurly and curly there, not to mention wirey and coarse. The rest of his hair is curly, but not so wirey. I think it's relatively common, because even spots of my hair are wavier than others; some spots are super straight.

bunnii
September 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
My hair behind my ears grows kinky and right round the hairline along the back. I think behind my ears might be down to tucking it there but have no idea why the rest does.

Maybe it's sweat?

Amara
September 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
My husband has this too! I don't, though. But I think it's a natural thing. Just love it for how it is!

Tressie
September 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
My husband has this too! I don't, though. But I think it's a natural thing. Just love it for how it is!
I like your attitude! Right on! (o:

Bronwyn Grace
September 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Part of my hair is very straight, and then parts of it gets a wave to it... and it's all pretty much the same length. So strange.