PDA

View Full Version : Any other teens/twentysomethings with long hair out there?

Pages : [1] 2

Lady Katherine
August 30th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I can count on my hand how many teens I know with longer hair. What are your experiences with having long hair at a younger age? Personally, most people tell me I should get a "trendy" cut. I don't listen to them. I just like my hair longer!

Larki
August 30th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I'm 19, but I don't know whether you'd consider my hair long. :p I've never had anyone ask why I have long hair or insinuate that I should cut it.

getoffmyskittle
August 30th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I started growing my hair out at 14 or 15 and have kept it long ever since. If you just ignore the people who tell you to cut it, they will eventually stop. :p

NuclearApple
August 30th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I'm definately not 20 or something (14 :p) but I like long hair; however I like to experiment with cuts and dyes, because I like to try out new things and I'm rather young, but I love longer lengths. :o
At the moment my hair isn't that long, but I'm sure I'm going to let it grow again. (;

Müsli
August 30th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I'm 21 and just startet my long hair Journey! My hair is around bsl now and have almost always been, so hoping for waist!

Phoe
August 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM
See I've always had the opposite issue. I've always been surrounded by girls and women with quite long hair! I'm 25. My hair is between CBL and APL, so it's not even "short" by most standards, but at my workplace, a company of about 100 people, there's only one girl with hair shorter than mine! All my other female coworkers have long strands. I miss my long hair. This CBL hair doesn't suit me

Seeshami
August 30th, 2014, 03:58 PM
In human years I am almost 26. According to my existence as seen by me I am almost 8.

I bounced back and forth between long and short all of my life before i met Muffin. When he pouted after a hair cut i stopped chopping. Then the naughty mess became self aware and everthing went to hell and now it takes me months to come to terms with the mess and cutting an inch off.

mariakatija
August 30th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I'm 19 and I have long hair (hip)! Maybe not in my eyes but generally speaking, yes. I think most female teens and young adults have medium length hair, usually around APL. But there are plenty of women at my university who have hair longer than mine but they are definitely in the minority. The longest I've seen is Classic, or maybe just on the longer side of TBL.

PraiseCheeses
August 30th, 2014, 04:22 PM
In human years I am almost 26. According to my existence as seen by me I am almost 8.

I bounced back and forth between long and short all of my life before i met Muffin. When he pouted after a hair cut i stopped chopping. Then the naughty mess became self aware and everthing went to hell and now it takes me months to come to terms with the mess and cutting an inch off.

http://i.imgur.com/bDDZuBU.jpg

Valkyriejae
August 30th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I'm 22, and many young women in my area have long hair - bsl-waist and sometimes even hip is in fashion around here. That said, there are few who have gone as long as me (I'm past TBL, going for classic.) I started growing my hair long as a child, so most people who know me just kind roll with it and don't say anything :) I've had a couple acquaintances suggest I should cut it, but I think the look on my face at that idea is enough that they never bring it up again.

foreverKristin
August 30th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I'm 19 and my hair's alllllmost BCL right now. I've been aiming for longer lengths since I was 14 or so. I'm pretty sure my constant buns make me look older and old-fashioned, but I don't care. Where I live, lengths longer than waist are a little uncommon but they're regarded in a positive light. Thankfully, no one ever tells me to get a trendier or shorter cut.

Seeshami
August 30th, 2014, 04:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bDDZuBU.jpg

Like buttoned.
(Absolutely is a quality post)

Becs
August 30th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I just turned 18 a couple weeks ago and I have fairly long hair (super close to BCL, several inches past my bellybutton.) I have been growing it out since I was 13 and had severe chlorine damage and a boy cut. No one ever hates on my hair for being long. In fact if anything I tend to get compliments on it

Aurum
August 30th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm 16 and at waist. It seems like long is the 'hip' (no pun intended) thing at the moment. I wouldn't stand out at all if I wore my hair down for class.
The longest I've seen in my age bracket is an Asian girl in the grade below me who has the most amazing thud-worthy black hair. It's always braided in an English braid and it reaches about classic, so I'm guessing thigh+ for actual length. I see her every once in a while and every time I want to go talk to her, it's always either too inconvenient or too awkward. Maybe some day. Until then, I will admire from afar.

This is for you, girl-with-amazing-hair-whose-name-I-have-yet-to-learn.

:applause :thudpile: :crush:

animetor7
August 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I'm 19, I'll be 20 in January and I'm shooting for TBL. At the moment I'm around hip. I think one way to keep people off your back (not that you should listen to them anyhow) is to do interesting or pretty buns with your long hair. I like to do this and complicated braiding anyhow and I've only ever gotten positive comments on these styles. Good luck dealing with the haters, they'll back off eventually once they see that you don't give a hoot.

Angela_Rose
August 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM

You are my queen.

Aderyn
August 30th, 2014, 07:35 PM
When I'm up at uni (in a very liberal, almost hippy-ish city) most of the ladies have longer hair than average, I'd say. Maybe shoulder-BSL. Or maybe that's just what I notice more.

Back home in a conservative town, it's rare to find hair past shoulder length, though in the younger people (24 and under) it is a bit more common.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Im 17 and between waist and hip. Four of my friends have the same. Two female (one cut it too almost shoulder recently because is was disgustingly damaged. No exageration.) (one is between hip and tailbone.). Two male (one with super curly, stretched at around "brap strap" on a guy) (the other is between waist and hip i think).

Nadine <3
August 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm 21 and my hair is APL-ish and ever so slowly inching towards my goal of waist length :)

EDIT: I forgot to say that in highschool my best friend had classic length hair. It was not quality hair and had bad damage, but she got so many compliments on it. Her younger sister has waist length.

julee
August 30th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I'm 24 and almost hip length. In school I alternated between about collarbone length and midback/waist length. I remember there was a couple of kids at school with TBL+ length.

Long hair is quite normal where I live, hip length hair is not uncommon. There was a girl in my class last semester that had 1b ii/iii knee length hair. I don't know why but no one seems to care much about appearance or hair length here and I've only had 2 comments suggesting I cut my hair, from coworkers in a restaurant, which is understandable. I simply laughed it off and kept growing my hair longer :)

Seeshami
August 30th, 2014, 09:03 PM
You are my queen.

Mess and I prefer to be a princess but we humbly accept your devotion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/ba5c7003-b8a8-498f-a888-e65198acde45_zpsd88df610.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BrokenCagedBird/media/ba5c7003-b8a8-498f-a888-e65198acde45_zpsd88df610.jpg.html)

Sammy-Catherine
August 30th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I do not see many people with long hair where I live (or long haired people my age even). It seems they've all cut their hair to look more mature and grown up (not that a hair cut can make someone mature but change can feel nice). When I do see someone with long hair (young or old) I always try to compliment them because the people who say my hair looks nice usually say they had long hair but they cut it and regret it.

AmberJewel
August 30th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I'm 23 with hair past hip. Most comments are positive when I wear my hair down (which is rare), but there have been some negatives. Particularly from my mom who thinks I should always have a thick, blunt hemline, plus layers, highlights, etc. She also criticized my experiments with mixing up my own natural hair care products. So I keep my routine and such to myself. Not sure how others would react.

divinedobbie
August 30th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I have not quite BSL hair and I have really short hair compared to the girls on my campus. My roommate has hip length hair and almost every other girl has waist length hair at least.

CurlMonster
August 31st, 2014, 12:36 AM
I'm 17 and I feel long hair is extremely popular in my age group and area. I'm around BCL now, which is longer than most, but BSl-waist is very common and seems to be what most girls like and admire most. At my school, shorter than APL is definitely 'short' and in the minority!

Horrorpops
August 31st, 2014, 02:40 AM
I'm 22 and have hair currently around BSL. Most younger girls in my area have hair shoulder length or shorter, highly chemically processed etc (university town). However there are also quite a few with extensions which seems to be the most common version of long hair on a young person. :) I have noticed a few women with hip or longer natural looking hair recently which have been just gorgeous, but are definitely the minority! :)

I have never had anyone give me flack for my hair because I have always just done whatever I wanted with my hair, I'd say anyone who likes to negatively comment on someone else's hair, dress, weight etc probably has too much time on their hands.

Stray_mind
August 31st, 2014, 02:52 AM
I am 21 and i am at APL now. I hope i'll get to my goal untill i reach 25. I used to have allmost waist lenght hair when i was 14-16 years old. It was very unhealthy so i chopped it to SL and have maintained that lenght until Summer last year. Then i decided that i looked much better with long hair and that i want to go even longer than i was, so here i am... :)

SkyChild
August 31st, 2014, 08:01 AM
I'm 24 and have not quite long hair yet.
Most of the teenage girls I know have hair at waist-length or longer (about 80% of the girls in my youth group - with one shaved head and two pixies) Admittedly it's not as well-cared for and most use straighteners/curling wand and lots of serum-type stuff so I'm not sure what they'd look like without these.
As far as I know, none of them are ever pressured to cut it. One did say she didn't know what to with it though as it's so boring so I linked her to torrinpaige's " no excuse for messy buns" and told her about heatless curls too. I'm working on them.

Caraid♫
August 31st, 2014, 08:53 AM
I'm in my early twenties. I definitely think long hair is "in" right no for my age group! Though there is a sharp cut-off at around hip- I only know one other person personally with hair as long as mine (even though my hair is not that much longer than hip) so I guess I've crossed the border "trendy" over to "unusual" :laugh: I do catch glimpses of strangers often enough with hair longer, but I'd say something around waist is much more common. I think it's awesome! (I do consider waist to hip pretty long for everyday non lhc world!)

Caraid♫
August 31st, 2014, 08:55 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/ba5c7003-b8a8-498f-a888-e65198acde45_zpsd88df610.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BrokenCagedBird/media/ba5c7003-b8a8-498f-a888-e65198acde45_zpsd88df610.jpg.html)
is that you? pretty!!

katieing
August 31st, 2014, 09:17 AM
I'm 16, and long hair is everywhere. Most of the girls have between bsl or waist length, and maybe 5 girls have past that at my school. I'm in between waist and hip, so I guess it's still pretty average. There are a few girls with shorter than bsl, but not many, and also a girl with mid back length and one side of her head shaved!
I love seeing all the long hair, but most of it is damaged and dull. Most of the curly girls seem like they brush their curls and the girls with waves straighten their hair every day. I've tried talking to a friend with apl hair who washes and straightens everyday about hair care but she thinks it's better to wash everyday and refuses to go anywhere without straight hair. There are some long hairs who do take very good care of their hair though, which makes me so happy and it looks amazing :)

katieing
August 31st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Double post woops

Seeshami
August 31st, 2014, 09:44 AM
is that you? pretty!!

It is I play dress up a lot. My blog gets pretty much every picture and there is a costumes and sewing thread that has gotten a few

lazuliblue
August 31st, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm in my early twenties and am just nearing BSL. In contrast to what most other people have said, the majority of women aged 18+ where I live have bob-BSL hair. It definitely stands out (to me at least) if someone my age has waist length hair and hip is almost never seen. I have never seen anyone with hair longer than hip that is eve close to my age!

Herb
August 31st, 2014, 10:01 AM
I just turned 20 and my hair is knee length. I decided to stop giving it big cuts back when I was 13-14, so here I am. :) I'm told I'm unusual.

LongHairLesbian
August 31st, 2014, 03:13 PM
I just turned 23, and it seems like everyone my age who is into beauty or fashion wants long hair. Most of my friends have at least BSL/BSL when stretched. The only people who have told me to cut my hair are my mother and a bitter ex-girlfriend. :P

Khristopher
August 31st, 2014, 05:12 PM
23 here, I have classic length hair right now. Long hair (waist-hip) is pretty common among young girls here. In my highschool there was a girl with beautiful classic+ hair that inspired me to grow mine (I had a long bob at the time). My teen years were the time where I experimented with my hair in terms of cutting and coloring, and after cutting all damage off at 18 and maintaining the bob for a year, I started growing.
As a note: my boyfriend just turned 24 and has the most gorgeous collarbone+ hair :inlove:

Silverbrumby
August 31st, 2014, 06:05 PM
I'm always dropping off my son at high school in California and most of the girls there seem to have BSL to waist. There are a few short hair cuts and they look good on the girls who got them. They also stand out because of how rare it is to see a short length at this high school on girls.

I'm finding the beards and mustaches on the boys a bit... well I don't recall this much facial hair when I was in high school lol.

DreamSheep
August 31st, 2014, 06:43 PM
I'm 21 with hip-length hair - hoping to reach classic by 23. :)
That said, I'm quite a short person (and have an arched back), so my hair is sadly, probably not that long. :( Girlfriend of a guy in my house has BSL hair, but I think in terms of length she may be tthe same as me...

Zesty
August 31st, 2014, 06:56 PM
I hit TBL at 21. 22 now and growing out from collarbone. I'd say BSLish is average around here for the college+ crowd, so my hair isn't long at all right now!

Platzhalter
August 31st, 2014, 06:58 PM
Another long-haired person falling into the twentysomething category here - currently at BSL with terminal length as personal goal. There are at least two younger girls who have long hair in my area, not to mention at least one other guy (my brother). Not to mention the various teens and young adults I've seen with long or at least longer than usual hair. Never had issues with people wanting me to cut my hair. Most people either don't care or get shocked when someone with really long hair is barely talking about the plan to get a cut. Probably the "to each their own" attitude you usually see in Germany (from my experience and perception).

skeletonous
August 31st, 2014, 07:31 PM
My hair isn't that long yet, but it will be soon, I hope! :)

gossamer
August 31st, 2014, 07:37 PM
I'm 6 months away from 30, do I still count? ;)

Nellon
August 31st, 2014, 07:56 PM
I'm turning 30 in a month, so I can still post ;) Lol
(Not a quality post) :)

xoChesleyy
September 1st, 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm 19 and my hair is currently 29".. To me, it seems pretty short, but it is actually longer than most people I know near my age range.

Wosie
September 1st, 2014, 06:41 AM
I see lots of teens who have 'long' hair (normally between APL and waist). Teens who have shorter hair (around shoulder and shorter) is uncommon in that age group. Around my age I think it's most common to have between shoulder- and APL length. Then again, I also see lots of women around my age with messy buns and it's hard to guess their length.

Mowle
September 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM
I'll be 22 in a few days' time! My hair is approaching waist, so not that long by LHC standards, and where I live I see people of all ages with all sorts of different hairstyles, so I don't stick out. I personally know a girl my age with classic length hair and a guy with beautiful waist length dreads... My younger sister is trying to grow to terminal. The only person who has ever told me to get a 'trendy' cut was one friend, also my age, but she seemed to have something to say about all aspects of my appearance and I learned to just ignore her :)

LipstickGirl
September 1st, 2014, 01:33 PM
I'm 22, BSL hair, aiming to get to at least waist, maybe classic. I had a short chin length bob with a fringe/ bangs as a child, and grew it shoulder length as a teenager. Most teen girls here seem to have theirs between shoulder length and mid back.

MsPharaohMoan
September 1st, 2014, 01:42 PM
New Twentysomething with long hair. One other girl I know has hair around hip. A lot of boys with short hair tell me they used to have long hair… But other than that, I've only met one other long hair in the wild. One woman had minnie claw clips securing a cinnamon bun of sorts. She complimented my hair style and I blurted, caught off guard, that I had made the hair stick myself.

laceyfairy
September 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM
I think people who think about it are expecting me to cut my hair this year or in college. I certainly don't see other people my age using sticks, forks, and other lhc-type hairtoys.

Creagan
September 1st, 2014, 05:22 PM
I've had long hair for most of my life, but only passed waist a year ago. (I'm 22.)

Most of my life, people my age have been pressuring me to grow out my bangs and cut my length. I eventually grew out the bangs but that was only so my mom would stop insisting that growing my hair past APL was "pulling the sides down and making my head look pointy." And then I could get to waist without her cutting it all off the next time she "trimmed" it, since the grown out bangs apparently give it volume. :rolleyes:

My friends and little sisters keep trying to get me to go to a salon for a "real" hair cut. So far I've resisted.

DreamWalker
September 1st, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm 21, and my hair is a few inches past classic. As a teenager, I had hair a bit beyond hip length, then an extremely short bob, before growing it back out. I was homeschooled, so I'm not sure how much impact that had on the number of people who thought I should cut my hair...I didn't have many people tell me to get a "trendy" haircut, or anything like that. Granted I would have ignored them - a few people close to me want me to cut it, which I am steadfastly refusing to do :-) It was funny though, even when I had super short hair, I was always known as "that girl with the hair." I guess people noticed it when it was long, and that just sort of carried over even after my big cut. Now that it's longer again, I use it to help people identify/remember me :-)

gthlvrmx
September 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
I'm 21 but I cut my hair earlier this year from buttcrack length to bald XD I'm growing it out again though :P

cathair
September 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM
I'm 6 months away from 30, do I still count? ;)

8 month away and wondering the same thing :D

I'm just stopping in to say hi while I can :run: before the evil time demon eats the last months of my twenties :demon:

Lunnafindel
September 1st, 2014, 07:40 PM
I'm 26 and have knee+ length hair since I was 12, so pretty much all of my teen years and twenties (so far). I've gotten lots of comments about it, people told me in 8th grade that someone would probably cut it off in the hall when I got to high school, or people telling me I HAD to donate it all to locks for love etc, but most of the comments are good, so I'm fine. I never had a problem being the odd one out - as someone else mentioned, it's a really good distinguisher, so I never have to worry about being missed at a meeting spot.
My sister is 17 and she's having trouble fitting in though. She used to have classic length hair, but an ill-advised encounter with a friend and a pair of scissors left her at BCL. Now she's trying to decide whether putting it in a bun or wearing it out looks more "weird"... I'll tell her that long hair is the 'hip' thing these days, maybe it'll soothe her nerves...

Quixii
September 1st, 2014, 07:49 PM
I've had long hair most of my life, and I joined here at 15.

I don't know many other people, young or old, that have hair as long as mine. :shrug:

hypersensitive
September 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
I started the LHC journey after college, and it'll be my 4th anniversary here soon. I get people who tell me to cut it and donate to kids with cancer but I generally get more compliments than the "hey you should chop it off" comments.

All of the people at the long hair meets I've attended are older than me so I'm glad to see that so many of us here are young! Our demographic exists!

stargazer616
September 1st, 2014, 09:11 PM
I'm 17 :) I see a couple of other people in high school with hair almost as long as mine (TBL), but definitely not many, and not many of those people have hair that's in good condition.

Quixii
September 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
All of the people at the long hair meets I've attended are older than me so I'm glad to see that so many of us here are young! Our demographic exists!
Have we not managed to make it to a meet together yet? :rolling:

ghost
September 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM
26 and weighing in. I actually started growing my hair from a pixie when I was 11, and by the time I was a sophomore in high school it was waist length. I maintained that length for a long time because I was having fun experimenting with lots of different colors and not making any effort toward growing other than just not cutting it, but I always wanted to grow super long hair. Right now I'm at TBL, going for at least fingertip, and I get a lot of compliments on my hair. A lot of people also seem to think I'm younger than I am, but no one has told me my hair is "inappropriate" for my age or anything like that.

hypersensitive
September 1st, 2014, 11:32 PM
Have we not managed to make it to a meet together yet? :rolling:

Cuz you keep going out of state! But I agree, we should! Hopefully soon :o

Zebra Fish
September 2nd, 2014, 12:36 AM
8 month away and wondering the same thing :D

I'm just stopping in to say hi while I can :run: before the evil time demon eats the last months of my twenties :demon:

Same here :p But just loved how you put it^^

I find lots of girls here have long hair (tbl). Depending of their occupation or university they tend to cut it shorter in time (not all).

Quixii
September 2nd, 2014, 12:42 AM
Cuz you keep going out of state! But I agree, we should! Hopefully soon :o
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125872&p=2810257#post2810257 ? :)

Ingrid
September 2nd, 2014, 01:35 AM
I had long hair for most of my teens (moving between Classic and TBL). I had a pixie-chop when I turned 18, kept it for a year, and now I'm in my early 20s growing my hair out again :) I hope to reach Classic and longer! :o

Dreams_in_Pink
September 2nd, 2014, 01:58 AM
Does waist length at 25 of age count? :(

In two years i'll have TBL hair at 27, so that should count :D

Nachtschatten
September 2nd, 2014, 04:19 AM
In my area most girls and young women wear hair from APL to BSL, maximum to waist. Bob and shorter is unusual.
At my university I saw three other girls with tailbone length hair or longer, but it's really uncommon.

Usually I don't get any comments.
At school my best friend told me once I should cut my hair like hers (she had APL) to look good. Now she has almost as long hair as I do. :-)
The only two people, who regularly say I should cut my hair are my grandma and my cousine but I ignore them.

Angela_Rose
September 2nd, 2014, 04:49 AM

*bowing down*

brickworld13
September 3rd, 2014, 02:31 PM
I'm 24, and I've had hair between shoulders and tailbone for as long as I can remember. Though my mom likes to tell me stories of how I didn't have any hair at all until I was almost 3.

I just ignore people who don't have nice comments. I did have to report a coworker at my previous job for always coming up to me with scissors like he was going to cut my hair. I don't wear it down when I'm out in bars, pubs, or clubs either because I have had people grab it. Some people have no manners at all. Overall, people who talk to me about my hair have nice things to say. I often leave it loose when I go to the grocery because it's damp after running, and a lot of people offer nice comments.

ETA: I've always dreamed of a pixie, but never had the guts to make the plunge. Maybe when I get sick of the dye and want to grow out virgin hair. Maybe not.

Kanahit
September 3rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
I'm 22, in high school I got to waist length and had people commenting about how long my hair was. Now it's about tailbone length and the only comments are from my sister who asks me if I've cut it yet when she sees me.

Josie Rae
September 3rd, 2014, 03:48 PM
I'm 15 going on 16 and between ages 9 and 13 I had hair down to my hips... I cut it off two years ago about when I was just so sick of it being so long and not knowing how to fix it! So I cut it.... I'm glad I did cause it was definitely what I needed to realize that I wanted long hair! So here I am 2-3 years later and I'm going to grow my hair out to 50 inches hopefully in the next few years. I know a few other teens with long hair! One girl with hip length, another with waist and one with knee length! There is also an church in our area and the girls wont cut their hair so there and many girls with floor length hair... in their late teens or early 20's. I have had a lot of people wondering why I dont cut my hair more or why I dont just get a short hair cut!

Mainesongbird
September 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
I am waist and 21!

floorlonghair
September 3rd, 2014, 07:38 PM
I am floor and 18

jackie_rapunzel
September 3rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I am 23 (almost 24...yikes!) and I am at BSL (almost waist). Not super long but on my way :)

FairHairedDane
September 3rd, 2014, 10:00 PM
I have been growing my hair from chin length at 11 y/o and are now an inch from classic at 23 :D

Lindenare
September 4th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Twentysomething here. I had hair between TBL and hip at 15 and 17 (chopped at each of those ages). Now my hair is technically at TBL, and I sometimes wish I hadn't chopped the last time. If I hadn't, I could be at knee right now, or past classic at the minimum. On the other hand, I used to leave my hair down all the time, so it probably wouldn't be in the best condition.

Floorlonghair, that is amazing and I am jealous. :)

blue_eyes
September 4th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I reached my goal length (waist) when I was 21 & sort of maintained until I had to cut it to APL due to breakage/dye-damage last year. I'm 24 now & working on growing my virgin hair to waist...so I should reach it when I'm 27 or 28. That seems so far away; it's weird to think I'll be that old my the time I've got my dream hair. :P

missblueeyes
September 4th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I'm 18 and my hair is at BSL. I think I'll maintain it or go a little longer. I don't see myself with classic or TBL hair anytime soon or at all because I'm quite short (158cm / 5"2') and I don't want my hair to make me look even shorter!

pastina
September 4th, 2014, 11:35 AM
i'm on the older side for this thread, but i still qualify! i'm at (or maybe just past) waist for the first time, and i'm 28. i spent most of my early 20s changing up my hair's color and length as often as possible. i'd get to bsl, then chop it to a pixie and go blonde, then let it get to my chin and dye it blue, then grow it back out, etc. so, i give you ladies lots of credit for being persistent, lol! i only stopped compulsively having my hair cut because i had a neck injury... and before i was well enough to chop again, i found myself with hair to my mid-back. i figured, hey, i've gotten THIS far, might as well keep going!

lazuliblue
September 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I'm 24 now & working on growing my virgin hair to waist...so I should reach it when I'm 27 or 28. That seems so far away; it's weird to think I'll be that old my the time I've got my dream hair. :P

I keep thinking this! I wish that I hadn't needed to cut my hair off because it was so thin, but that's life. Still, at least I'll get to have long thicker hair in my mid-to-late twenties!

PurpleSunshine
September 4th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Im 20 and have classic length hair, Im heading for knee at the least hopefully. Gonna take a bit. People keep telling me to cut it, but I'm not going to, I hate my hair short (anything BSL or shorter).

tokugawa.miyako
September 4th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I'm 22 and MBL (TBL is my goal). A lot of the college-age girls in my area have hair in the BSL-MBL area, but I'm pretty sure its because they use extensions a lot of the time. I have a good number of friends who cut their hair short because they figured it was easier to take care of with their busy schedules and all. I've found the reverse is true; since growing my hair long I haven't had to take the time to wash it as often. :D

princesspoppy
September 4th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I'm 22 and my hair has been WL-TBL for the last few years. I almost always have positive reactions and nobody has ever told me to cut it!

blue_eyes
September 4th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I keep thinking this! I wish that I hadn't needed to cut my hair off because it was so thin, but that's life. Still, at least I'll get to have long thicker hair in my mid-to-late twenties!

I tell myself the same thing. Being in your twenties is still young, and then you can enjoy that long hair for the rest of your life if you choose to. I just wish I'd started earlier, but better now than later! :)

Johannah
September 5th, 2014, 06:22 AM
I'm 20 and my hair is (almost) hip length. Hopefully someday BCL :D

Phexlyn
September 5th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I'm *not quite 28 yet* and I've had classic length hair since I was 24... I cut back to tailbone/BCL in between but now it's back to classic :)
When I started growing my hair out, I always dreamt of having classic by the time I got married... and I did!

But don't fret if you've had a cut some time ago, you still have a lot of time to grow your beautiful locks :cheer:

MsPharaohMoan
September 5th, 2014, 08:05 AM
When I started growing my hair out, I always dreamt of having classic by the time I got married... and I did!

Sigh, my dream right here… You must have nice wedding photos! How did you do your hair for the day?

Phexlyn
September 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Haha, MsPharaohMoan, I actually had an updo and there's not a lot of pictures of it. Just hubby's and my little secret, and no time to take hair pictures on that day. I wanted something that's really me and not something that looks like I played dress-up as a princess ;) Nothing wrong with Disney weddings, I love looking at them, but it's just not for me.

So I just bought a nice hair toy (custom order, silver fork and no veil for me) and did my hair myself in the morning with the help of my maid of honor, added some tiny sparkly bits and LOTS of hairspray... it looked like a French twist with a bit of extra curls. Kept the hair nice and tidy and out of my face, which was basically the most important thing for me!

I'll see if I can find a picture... there you go! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11968&attachmentid=12895)

queenovnight
September 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Hm, I know many girls with long hair around my age. As a teenager, every girl I knew had long tresses.. It could have been my location though. Long hair is always a thing in the south xD Oh, when I was in elementary school there was a girl with hair that touched her feet. It just drug the ground xD So pretty though. - I started growing at age 18.

swords & roses
September 7th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I've always had long hair. Heck, I was BORN with hair long enough to tie bows into, for crying out loud. ;) My mom always kept it very long when I was a child--probably anywhere between hip & TBL, I'd guess. For the most part, I never really paid my hair much mind. The only time I remember anyone commenting on it was once while in middle school, when the bully that had liked to pick on me since kindergarten decided that my hair would be her target that day, & asked me if I wasn't allowed to cut it because of my religion. Not a hugely offensive comment in its own right, but the snyde, condescending tone with which she said it, along with the fact that I wasn't of a religion that forbade hair cuts (and was pretty well absent of any religion in my life in general), it got under my skin. Not long after that, I decided to chop my super-long (compared to all the other school girls) hair to a bit past shoulder length. It was fun & different for about a day, probably. I remember regretting the chop fairly quickly, and proceeded to grow it back out again. I made it all the way through the end of my senior year of high school, gaining length all the way to classic. About the only physical challenges of that length of hair in high school was that it always got caught in the bolts & the cracks on the cheapo plastic chairs in the classrooms, and I had to get pretty creative in getting it all up into my shako during marching band competitions. But I managed without much issue. :) No one teased me during that time, that I can recall. I don't think any other girls could sit on their hair like I did, but there were a few with very long hair by conventional standards, so it wasn't a huge thing. I was well out of the "in crowd" of kids anyway, & very much liked it that way, so if any of the popular-kid cliques had anything negative to say about my hair, it never reached my ears. I think they were too busy worrying about themselves at that point anyway.

I'd say in general, the different school-age groups worked like this, in my experience: In elementary school, everybody loves everybody for the most part, & the few bullies will pick on who they choose for any reason they can find, whether it be long hair or something else. In middle school, everyone is becoming aware of their own bodies & changing appearances as they go through puberty at differing times, so the kids may be more apt to judge each other, possibly a psychological way of pointing out how someone is different from the general pack so as to distract others from seeing how the accuser him/herself is different. In high school, the hormones are in full swing, as are the cliques, so everyone tends to be more concerned with their own appearance as they attempt to fit the standard of the group they want to fit in with or the boy/girl they want to attract, leaving little time or energy left to bother with calling out others for not fitting in with their ideals. Also in high school, there tends to be a lot larger diversity of groups to fit in with, so even though I didn't fit in with one person's group, they just labeled me as being a member of another group that I did fit the profile of, & that was that, no teasing or anything. And in college, the partiers are busy partying, and a lot of others are busy studying, and everyone is pretty much doing their own thing, so no one really cares what your hair looks like. ;)

Hope that helps you out, OP!

kallarina
September 8th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I'm 22, and my hair is upper thigh length. I never see anyone with hair around my length in my area, but I get tons of compliments anytime I wear it down from my peers.

kitana97
September 8th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I'm 24 and at my college I don't see that many other girls with hair my length or longer. There's a few I've spotted, but most are around BSL. Currently, this is the longest my hair as ever been!

GrowingOut
September 8th, 2014, 09:09 PM
15 and nearing solid fingertip length! :D

SecretMermaid
September 9th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I'm 18, currently roughly BSL (longest it's ever been, I've always kept it a few inches shorter) and aiming for hip length, I think! My hair never looks wonderful when growing out so it's a bit hard to stay motivated to grow my hair longer right now (obviously I've never managed it before) but it's slowly beginning to look nicer :) Awkward hair phase I guess!

I can't think of anyone I personally know with particularly long hair, regardless of age. BSL seems to be the longest typical length. It's nice to know there are other members on here a similar age to me, I'm always happy to make new friends :)

HaMalka
September 10th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I'm in my teens and I have the longest hair of anyone I know. I had a bit of a competition with a friend on who had the longest hair and for a while she did. And then in the spring she chopped it off at shoulder length. Needless to say, my hair is longer now.

alishaxmarie
September 11th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I'm 20 and my hair reaches about hip lentgth. There aren't many long hairs here at my university in the US, most girls(and guys) don't have hair longer than BSL although I'm sure that's partially because it's extremely hot and humid in Florida. I've wanted long hair since about middle school but didn't learn how to properly care for my hair until I found the LHC during my first year of college (when the forum was down and I had to lurk since I couldn't join right away). During my senior year of high school is when I began to wash my hair less often and even before that I never brushed my hair dry since it's wurly and I wore it down and natural (or with gel/mousse depending on the exact year). So my journey to longer lengths has taken a while although my routine didn't change too drastically until the past year when I began experimenting with CO-washing and shampoo bars and started buying hair toys among other things.

Creagan
September 12th, 2014, 01:55 AM
I need to get a new University ID since I'm a grad student now. It's a photo ID. My mom's pressuring me to get a hair cut, because if I do anything that would significantly change my appearance, I should probably do it before I get my photo taken for this thing.

And I'd be okay with a trim. I haven't had a trim in at least six months. My bangs haven't been touched with scissors since I started growing them out.

But she wants to take twelve inches off, and leave the grown out bangs alone. NOT. HAPPENING.

Fira
September 12th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Where I live most teens and young women (I would say more than 50%) have BSL or longer hair, mostly to waist, some longer. I have noticed some extensions but probably not many have them (they are expensive).
I would say don't listen (to much) to other people, do what you want, don't let people "convince" you into things, you will probably regret those decisions. Take time, think about what you want, do what YOU want... :)

Freija
September 12th, 2014, 04:54 AM
I'm 23. I kept my hair really short as a teenager, and pixied it to grow out henna when I was 19, but it's waist-length now. I did get a 'fashionable' cut back in May (lots of layers), but I didn't like it much and I'm now trying to grow it out a bit.

Most people have been *lovely* about my long hair - my Dad and Granddad both really like it (I went in to visit my Granddad in hospital last year, after he had suffered a heart-attack - I had my hair back in a plait, and I'm not joking; one of the first things he said to me was, 'oh... you've cut your hair off again...' in a concerned voice). My partner adores it - he likes to play with it, and he's fascinated by the curls. About the only negativity I've had was from my aunt, who just doesn't like long hair at all - and it wasn't unkindly meant; she just told me that she thought short hair suited me much better when I told her I wanted to grow mine out. It made me very insecure for a long time, but she hasn't said a word about it since.

Esperada
September 12th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I'm 21 and have BSL hair, when I was about 14 in high school my hair was classic length with long layers. I was the only person to have hair that long, the next longest was around WL. I loved my hair that long but at the time I was dyeing it quite regularly and had to use about 4 boxes of dye to cover it. I then wanted it curly so I had a perm which I had to have quite a lot trimmed off to have done so I went from classic to WL. I loved my hair long and permed but then the perm started to grow out and it looked silly so I went from around HL to about chin length and then stupidly dyed it black which looked terrible on me!

alishaxmarie
September 12th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Where I live most teens and young women (I would say more than 50%) have BSL or longer hair, mostly to waist, some longer. I have noticed some extensions but probably not many have them (they are expensive).
I would say don't listen (to much) to other people, do what you want, don't let people "convince" you into things, you will probably regret those decisions. Take time, think about what you want, do what YOU want... :)

Extensions are actually a lot cheaper nowadays, you can simply by clip-ins from Sally's or presumably elsewhere as well but I wouldn't know about the prices in your area/country, just thought I'd point out that extensions are just so ridiculously common! I remember finding out that this pair of twins had extensions, such a disappointment! I can almost never tell the difference between real hair and extensions though (extensions are often made from real hair so I can't just refer to it as "fake" even though it really is lol).

tokugawa.miyako
September 12th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Yes, there are some very good quality extensions out there. It's difficult for me to tell the difference between "real" hair and extensions on sight, but I know that there are a lot of people wearing them. It's so common around here, that it's almost become a stereotype. I don't have any problems with people who wear extensions, but after seeing how much work people put into their natural long hair, extensions do seem a bit like cheating. ;)

Creagan
September 13th, 2014, 12:11 AM
I've never really been bothered with the concept of extensions. It's like hair dye. Some people like doing that stuff to their hair. Other people don't.

What bothers me is that extensions and dye are so prevalent now people assume MY hair must be fake. People have been asking if my hair has been dyed almost since day one, and now I'm getting "is it natural?" questions, which I used to think meant color but now realize it means length and thickness.

Nightamin
September 15th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I've never really been bothered with the concept of extensions. It's like hair dye. Some people like doing that stuff to their hair. Other people don't.

What bothers me is that extensions and dye are so prevalent now people assume MY hair must be fake. People have been asking if my hair has been dyed almost since day one, and now I'm getting "is it natural?" questions, which I used to think meant color but now realize it means length and thickness.

THIS!! My hair was at about BCL when I was 16 and people would ask me nonstop whether or not I had extensions in! And I can't really tell whether or not some girls have them in, either, like another person mentioned the quality/match for their hair makes it difficult to tell. Also, I am 20 and can say that I do know a few people my age who have TBL/Classic length hair. They don't wear extensions either and heat style/dye their hair regularly. Such resilient hair makes me envious, I'll admit. :(

dancingrain91
July 6th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I'm 23 and other than a couple brief moments of idiocy my hair has always been between bsl and waist. It's now past waist and I do get several "your hair is so long" comments but it's not long enough that people think I should cut it.

CinnamonBun
July 6th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I'm 22 , and I've always had longer hair and always had to refrain from being jealous of girls my age whose hair was longer than mine! Lol, if it were in my genes, my hair would be to my knees by now :wail: Oh, and IMHO.... never ever listen to anybody but yourself about your hair. God put it on YOUR head, not theirs. :rant:

amino
July 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I'm 20. I had TBL hair at 15 then had fun with shorter cuts (shoulder length and up) until I chopped it to pixie in September 2011. I'm currently about an inch below BSL and hoping to hit waist by the end of this year!

I've seen about 3 girls at college who have hip or lower hair. No one below classic. There's also one guy at shoulder blade level.

endlessly
July 6th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I'm 26 now, but I had classic length hair back when I was 16 through 18, then I trimmed it (bit mistake), grew it out again, trimmed it again (even bigger mistake), and finally grew it out until the longest layer was at fingertip length at 25 only to have to trim it back to one length now at 26 where it's at tailbone. In my teens, I was the only one in my entire high school with that long of hair and while I loved having my long hair and being separate from the rest of the girls with their "trendy styles", it made it a lot harder to fit in. I was also heavily involved in musical theatre at the time, so when I was cast in certain roles, I couldn't have changed my hair even if I had wanted to. I made the mistake of trimming it right before college after being pressured by my family and friends that I needed a new, fresher look, and truthfully, it's something that I've always regretted. The only time I've ever felt good about a haircut was the one I just had because I did it myself and I knew it was something I wanted, but all the times I've had cuts in the past, it was always brought on by someone else pressuring me into it. Basically, if you're a teenager nowadays with long her, embrace it, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

mnschisler
July 6th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I'm definately not 20 or something (14 :p) but I like long hair; however I like to experiment with cuts and dyes, because I like to try out new things and I'm rather young, but I love longer lengths. :o
At the moment my hair isn't that long, but I'm sure I'm going to let it grow again. (;

I used to dye my hair all the time when I was an early teen (11-14) but I now have all virgin hair again. I hope you've found a deep conditioner that works for you, I didn't know about deep conditioning until I started growing my hair out (when there wasn't any dyed sections), back when I was dying my hair it was so fried that it looked (and felt) like straw.

mnschisler
July 6th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I'm 23 and other than a couple brief moments of idiocy my hair has always been between bsl and waist. It's now past waist and I do get several "your hair is so long" comments but it's not long enough that people think I should cut it.

I'm 21 and I know the feeling of people thinking I should cut my hair. My hair is almost to waist length and people always tell me how long it is. To me, my hair is still short at d26 inches. One of my close friends told me that it was insane that I wanted to go without really cutting my hair until I was married.

missblueeyes
July 6th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I find that, at least in Austria, there are a lot of girls in their teens / twenties with hair longer than WL, so I don't really feel like I stand out. However, most heads look quite abused with heat, if I may say so. What mostly catches my attention are eastern women with hair that's almost down to BCL. I see that a lot, to be honest!
I never had anyone tell me to cut my hair. Quite the opposite, really. My mother supports me as I grow it, my dad is indifferent and my SO loves it. Everyone says that long hair suits me. Many of my friends keep their hair long or try to grow it themselves, although most are troubled by breakage because they heat style so frequently.

What I haven't experienced myself but I've noticed a lot is that it's mostly shorthairs who tell longhairs to cut off their hair and get a 'stylish' haircut.

majesticgoldenr
July 6th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I am 15 and putting together a ebook on my hair care tips. Definitely a work in process and I need editing help if anyone is interested :)

My hair is just shy of fingertip but starts to taper at about BSL.

DeadlyUnicorn
July 6th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I'm 19 and just a few inches from classic I believe. :) I've been growing for 4 years and when I started I had shoulder length/armpit length or so with side swept bangs.

alishaxmarie
July 9th, 2015, 08:04 PM
I'm 21 and at hip/JTL I've finally started receiving longhair compliments! :D One of my friends and her bf said I have Rapunzel hair and another friend's gf gasped and told me she wished she had my hair when I took it out of a bun ♡ I feel like it took ages to finally receive such wonderful compliments. No one's ever told me to cut it even though it's not all that common for girls in our age group to have waist+ hair.

yahirwaO.o
July 9th, 2015, 08:16 PM
In my tweenties now with Bsl almost hair, but I had hip and longer hair lenght in my late teens!!!!

Doreen
July 9th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I am 19, and out of all the people I meet it is the people in my own age group who are most likely to try to convince me to cut it or donate it. It can be annoying but Ive gotten used to brushing them off, UNLESS they ask the dreaded "what would you do if I snuck up and cut it off?" which I still haven't figured out how to respond to besides a big WTF. In general though, most don't say anything at all because I have it up most of the time. Sometimes if it's in a braid I will end up having random conversations about haircare with people waiting in line next to me, haha. Those are my favorite; always nice to pick up new tips...

None of my friend group have hair longer than BSL/MBL. I went to high school with 2 girls that had CL+ hair and as a freshman (at TBL) I really admired both of them. On my college campus most women have APL or BSL hair, and then a handfull between BSL and TBL. I have seen one other person with 2c waves with a thick U-hem at FTL that she always wears down; it is really stunning.

Aderyn
July 9th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I'm 22. I rarely see hair longer than BSL in my age group. Waist or hip length isn't enough to illicit stares, but it is quite uncommon and most of the ones I see are just extensions.

Most people around here (a very liberal, hippy-outdoorsy-ish place) don't mind long hair, a lot of them just think it's too high maintenance.. oho, if they only knew! :laugh:

Lucy Elizabeth
July 9th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Just turned 20 a month ago! Long hair is VERY popular where I'm from. I live in a suburb of Toronto (Canada) and the majority of tweens/teens I see around here have hair between bsl-tailbone! But in my friend group I think I have the longest (not by much though)

I used to have a bob when I was little but started growing it when I was 15-16ish and have been ever since! When I started growing it (before I found lhc and didn't take care of my hair) my mom would tell me i needed a haircut which, i kinda did because I had no idea how to take care of my fine, straight hair so it often looked kinda scraggly and dead. Now it's pretty healthy and my mom doesn't mention me cutting it at all really! Guess she now gets that my long hair isn't going anywhere for a long time haha!

M.McDonough
July 10th, 2015, 12:15 AM
I've had long hair on and off in my life. Right now, I'm a guy in my 20s I've been growing out my hair for 2 years it's about 14/15 inches long

Aurum
July 10th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Right now, I'm a guy in my 20s

Sorry to derail, but this makes it sound like tomorrow you'll be a woman in her 40s. ;)

Anyway...

Turns out I actually checked in here already back in the first few pages. For an update, I'm 17 and approaching BCL. My other observations about this age group have stayed pretty consistent.

Lauraes
July 10th, 2015, 12:35 AM
I'm 17 and waist length. The first time I ever cut my hair in my entire life (including any trims!) was when I was 11 or 12, and I cut it to between shoulder and APL. shudder: For some reason, I was actually happy about the cut. My hair was 100% virgin and at that point I had never, ever used any heat styling on it apart from the very rare blow drying over my life- but it was in terrible condition from mechanical damage because I wore my hair loose literally all the time. I never had it up. The icing on the cake was that I would sometimes go a week without detangling it whatsoever, so I would have huge knots that would then be ripped through for up to several hours at a time with a paddle brush :p

Anyways, after the cut, I started dying my hair, heat styling it, getting regular trims, etc... In the past year I've found interest in growing it long again- HEALTHY this time. :)

hinabelle
July 10th, 2015, 12:41 AM
I'm in this age group but not in this hair length group just yet. Hopefully I'll have long hair before I depart this age group! ;)

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 05:25 AM
I'm 19 and I had longer (waist) hair as a child and had my fair share of "wow you're hair is so long!" compliments (yay!) and the odd "are you going to donate it?" question :rolleyes:. But I did have the longest hair in my elementary school so that was probably why.

In high school more girls had BSL to waist hair so I just blended in haha. I did have a couple friends who always wore their hip length hair down and I think that length was the one that stood out the most here.

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 05:27 AM
I dont know if my hair is considered long but I'm 20 ^^
I do get the "whats the point to have long hair if you wear it up all the time?"
Oh and the "well your hair is kinda thin considered to mine so you should keep it shorter"
-_-

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Oh and the "well your hair is kinda thin considered to mine so you should keep it shorter"
-_-

Isn't that the worst? Hairdressers always tell me that :rolleyes: although my hair is only BSL...

Just remember that fairies and elves probably have the same hair thickness ;)

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Isn't that the worst? Hairdressers always tell me that :rolleyes: although my hair is only BSL...

Just remember that fairies and elves probably have the same hair thickness ;)

I KNOW RIGHT??? O_O https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337770040774247674/ is her hair thick? NO! It is tappered? YES! It is beautiful? ABSOLUTELY YES

By the way thats why I stopped visiting hairdressers! They would cut much more than needed just becouse my ends were damaged! They werent, they was just thinner wich I always prefered!

Aderyn
July 10th, 2015, 06:39 AM
It is so annoying when people think finer and/or thinner hair has to be short in order to be healthy. And also when people think taper or fairytale ends are unhealthy and "ratty". Sigh.

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Aderyn Exactly! Is the same people who will suggest a super layered haircut! Wich in my mind fairytale ends are just a natural layered "haircut"

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 06:51 AM
It is so annoying when people think finer and/or thinner hair has to be short in order to be healthy. And also when people think taper or fairytale ends are unhealthy and "ratty". Sigh.

I completely agree, there are tons of people here who prove that healthy hair comes in all forms! It's really sad that some people think that hair needs to fit specific guidelines for it to be considered healthy and capable of growing long :/

alexis917
July 10th, 2015, 08:19 AM
I was nearing hip a year ago, but now I'm just trying to get to shoulder...I know I'll get there by my birthday, at least (9/17)!

missrandie
July 10th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I'm 24, but I don't have my long hair again.. yet. But, it appears to be growing plenty quick, so that will have to be good enough for me.

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 11:01 AM
We are all long haired as long as we are determined to grow it longer. Now if its long today or tomorrow it's just a matter of time, and time it's a delusion for many people.
(positive side of me talking)

Nadine <3
July 10th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I can't remember if I posted here or not...I'm 22 and my hair is BSL. I'm hoping to be at waist by September 2016 :)

missblueeyes
July 10th, 2015, 11:25 AM
We are all long haired as long as we are determined to grow it longer. Now if its long today or tomorrow it's just a matter of time, and time it's a delusion for many people.

I love that mindset!

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I love that mindset!

Hahahaha Thank you!!! :flowers:

AmberJewel
July 10th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I'm in my mid-twenties and am growing my hair to fingertip (if possible). Currently it's nearing tailbone. My family is fine with my having long hair, , though my mother tells me that putting it up in a bun is "old-lady-ish". Since the hair is usually up I don't get many comments on it. On the rare occasion that I wear it down, the comments are almost always positive. :)

Ephemia
July 10th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I'm 20 and have knee/calf length hair. Very long hair isn't common here and I get a lot of compliments. I've only received a couple of comments on donation, one from a girl at college who asked me whether I would ever consider donating it, and another kind-of one from my gran who once said 'I expect you could get a lot of money for such long hair. That would make a lovely wig for someone.' Heh, I'm sure it would. But it makes even better hair for me, thanks.

I do get quite a lot of people joking that they're going to cut it off. I try to laugh about it, despite the fact that I don't find those jokes remotely funny. I did have to put my foot down once when it got to the stage where my support worker was making a joke like that every other visit. She hasn't done so since.

Brunette_Barbie
July 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I'm in my 20's and have about waist length hair and my grandma thinks that I am vain and selfish for not donating it.

TrapperCreekD
July 10th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Another one who can't remember if she replied to this thread! :lol: Early twenties here currently at TBL+ though I'm aiming for classic-ish; as much as I'd love the extra length for updos, I think anything past that would personally be too unwieldy to wear down very often.

amino
July 10th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I am 19, and out of all the people I meet it is the people in my own age group who are most likely to try to convince me to cut it or donate it. It can be annoying but Ive gotten used to brushing them off, UNLESS they ask the dreaded "what would you do if I snuck up and cut it off?" which I still haven't figured out how to respond to besides a big WTF. In general though, most don't say anything at all because I have it up most of the time. Sometimes if it's in a braid I will end up having random conversations about haircare with people waiting in line next to me, haha. Those are my favorite; always nice to pick up new tips...

None of my friend group have hair longer than BSL/MBL. I went to high school with 2 girls that had CL+ hair and as a freshman (at TBL) I really admired both of them. On my college campus most women have APL or BSL hair, and then a handfull between BSL and TBL. I have seen one other person with 2c waves with a thick U-hem at FTL that she always wears down; it is really stunning.

I watched a video by torrinpaige in which her response to the question (as typically a guy would ask it) "What would you do if I cut your d*** off?" If I ever get to the stage when someone asks me that questions... they're going to get a huge rant from me. -_- Seriously, people, it's our hair.

THat's a beautiful thought!

I'm 20 and have knee/calf length hair. Very long hair isn't common here and I get a lot of compliments. I've only received a couple of comments on donation, one from a girl at college who asked me whether I would ever consider donating it, and another kind-of one from my gran who once said 'I expect you could get a lot of money for such long hair. That would make a lovely wig for someone.' Heh, I'm sure it would. But it makes even better hair for me, thanks.

I do get quite a lot of people joking that they're going to cut it off. I try to laugh about it, despite the fact that I don't find those jokes remotely funny. I did have to put my foot down once when it got to the stage where my support worker was making a joke like that every other visit. She hasn't done so since.

Wow! I hope that some day I get to that hair length! Good job for putting your foot down!

-----

What are some of your favorite hair styles?

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Reminder to those rude people that suggest it, I'm pretty sure that cutting off someone's hair unwillingly is assault and in a lot of places they can be charged with such.

On the other hand, now I'd probably return the "are you going to donate your hair?" question with "are you going to donate a kidney?" or anything they worked hard for "donating your house soon?" :o

I KNOW RIGHT??? O_O https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337770040774247674/ is her hair thick? NO! It is tappered? YES! It is beautiful? ABSOLUTELY YES

By the way thats why I stopped visiting hairdressers! They would cut much more than needed just becouse my ends were damaged! They werent, they was just thinner wich I always prefered!

(Just saw this) Ugh yes her hair looks lovely!! I understand how you feel, I went from BSL to APL last year because my hairdresser said my ends were damaged... I didn't even know then that they were just tapered! I think I'll just cut my own hair from now on :doh:

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 05:31 PM
amino Thanks a lot :flowers:

Nyphony I had that happened at least 3 times!!! And I also got a rude comment "Its really not flattering this way" by the way all the people next day were asking me why did I cut my hair SO MUCH?
And I fully support cutting your hair yourself, you'll save hair, money and unessesary trauma from hairdressers!

amino
July 10th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Reminder to those rude people that suggest it, I'm pretty sure that cutting off someone's hair unwillingly is assault and in a lot of places they can be charged with such.

On the other hand, now I'd probably return the "are you going to donate your hair?" question with "are you going to donate a kidney?" or anything they worked hard for "donating your house soon?" :o

You're right! I googled it and there are at least 3 cases of conviction. yay!

I don't think someone curiously asking if I'm going to donate my hair is necessarily comparative to donating money a kidney. One is life saving, the other is not. Clothes, perhaps. I need to think on that a bit more.

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Nyphony I had that happened at least 3 times!!! And I also got a rude comment "Its really not flattering this way" by the way all the people next day were asking me why did I cut my hair SO MUCH?
And I fully support cutting your hair yourself, you'll save hair, money and unessesary trauma from hairdressers!

:justy:That's so frustrating!! I think this all kinda goes with the idea that some people just think they're entitled to what you do with your hair, if that makes sense.

Yeah that's definitely the way to go, I trimmed my hair for the first time last night and I am so happy with the results! Bye bye scissor-happy hairdressers!

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 06:24 PM

I don't think someone curiously asking if I'm going to donate my hair is necessarily comparative to donating money a kidney. One is life saving, the other is not. Clothes, perhaps. I need to think on that a bit more.

(Sorry for the double post)

That's great to hear!!! Hm yes that's a really good point, though I was thinking more about rude people who then try to pressure you into donating... but yeah maybe that's not the best comparison after all.

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 07:03 PM
:justy:That's so frustrating!! I think this all kinda goes with the idea that some people just think they're entitled to what you do with your hair, if that makes sense.

Yeah that's definitely the way to go, I trimmed my hair for the first time last night and I am so happy with the results! Bye bye scissor-happy hairdressers!

Hahahaha It makes sense!!!
And thats the spirit!!! No more innocent hair to sacrificy for hairdressers pleasure o_o

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Hahahaha It makes sense!!!
And thats the spirit!!! No more innocent hair to sacrificy for hairdressers pleasure o_o

Oh good! And exactly, then eventually it'll come full circle where we are the only hairdressers in the future :laugh:

Marette
July 10th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Growing up in the South, most of the teens I knew had shoulder length hair. When we moved to the Southwest, a lot of the girls were jealous of the girls with longer hair and would make snide remarks. Now a lot of the teens in the area have long hair and are trying to grow it longer. Extensions from the beauty supply are very popular.

Zwaluw
July 11th, 2015, 12:57 AM
The girls I see around me usually have BSL hair that looks unhappy. Possibly because a lot of people heatstyle their hair. To be fair, I'm 19 and I only discovered conditioner because I came to the forum. Oops...

I usually grew it for a year or 2 and then went to the hairdresser, I never knew what to do with it so they usually cut it to shoulder-length and then I would grow it out again. Now I've been growing it out for about 3 years and I want to see what my terminal would be. I'm past waist and on my way to hip and it seems to go so SLOW. To the point where I fear this is terminal.

FallingDarkness
July 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Recently turned 18 here. My hair is FINALLY hip length on me!!! :D I don't see many other teens growing past BSL over here, so it's kinda out of the ordinary. My sister thinks that my hair is "boring" and that I should add layers. Also that it's "too long" which I also find offensive. I don't really care about her opinion though, a lot of my friends really love my hair, and I really love it, too. I'm gonna keep growing! :D

Halliday
July 11th, 2015, 01:19 PM
i'm a teen. my hair is nearly waist length. i get a lot of people touching my hair because where i am in the UK, most girls have APL.

gthlvrmx
July 12th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I can't remember if I posted here or not...I'm 22 and my hair is BSL. I'm hoping to be at waist by September 2016 :)

I don't remember either if I had posted before here! I am 22 as well and I am growing my hair out, so it's not necessarily "long" by LHC standards. My hair is "long" I guess for a male in my area.
Yes, many people told me I should cut my hair when I first began growing my hair out when I was younger but I prefer long hair. It feels right. I listened to the advice of someone I knew and cut my hair short and then went bald. I should not have listened, I might have been at knee length by now if I kept growing! But my hair is healthier than before and it is thicker. So there are some positives there for cutting my hair.
Either way, I will try my best to grow this out for the rest of my life, for as long as I have hair growing. If I go bald and only have my beard left, well, I will keep the beard! (and whatever is left on my head)

missrandie
July 12th, 2015, 09:27 PM
On the plus side, I should be brushing shoulder or so by the end of the year, and once I am long enough to bun I'm going to pretty much just forget about it.

Funny story...
I remembered just the other day... several years ago I had a hairdresser tell me that I didn't need to be using conditioner, that my hair was too healthy to have the kind of texture needed for styling.

In her defense, I was a rodeo queen trying to keep curls in fine 1b hair that I swear has a teflon coat. I didn't really know better, and I was having enough cut off my hair at the time that the ends didn't fall apart.

yahirwaO.o
July 12th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I don't remember either if I had posted before here! I am 22 as well and I am growing my hair out, so it's not necessarily "long" by LHC standards. My hair is "long" I guess for a male in my area.
Yes, many people told me I should cut my hair when I first began growing my hair out when I was younger but I prefer long hair. It feels right. I listened to the advice of someone I knew and cut my hair short and then went bald. I should not have listened, I might have been at knee length by now if I kept growing! But my hair is healthier than before and it is thicker. So there are some positives there for cutting my hair.
Either way, I will try my best to grow this out for the rest of my life, for as long as I have hair growing. If I go bald and only have my beard left, well, I will keep the beard! (and whatever is left on my head)

Yeah, its sort of okish for a 20's guy grow his hair compare to older men. Stil you barely see guys with proper long hair past shoulder lets say and in healthy state....

.....and that makes it much worh it. Some people want me cut a pampadour, shave the sides, undercut or spike my hair, but I dislkie the idea so much on me. Long hair feels wonderful yet easier to deal with.

Cuts are great for renovating thickness, but buzz short is not going to happen. :o

brickworld13
July 13th, 2015, 06:53 AM

The best response I've come up with so far is "Cutting someone's hair without permission is assault, and I will be filing charges against you if you do it." It's harsh, but effective.

dancingrain91
July 13th, 2015, 04:19 PM
So does anyone else in this group live at home and have to deal with parents making comments about haircare/style et cetera? I mean, they support my goals of growing so far but they just comment a lot on how it looks... Like it might need a wash (usually the day before wash day), or I somehow made my hemline uneven S&Ding my braid ends (except I didn't) and why isn't it down more and so on...

wilderwein
July 13th, 2015, 04:38 PM
So does anyone else in this group live at home and have to deal with parents making comments about haircare/style et cetera? I mean, they support my goals of growing so far but they just comment a lot on how it looks... Like it might need a wash (usually the day before wash day), or I somehow made my hemline uneven S&Ding my braid ends (except I didn't) and why isn't it down more and so on...

Well my sisters sometimes comments for my washing habits. But only after I mention the days that had passed since I last washed.
My mom is like "wow are you serious? it doesnt seem like you havent washed it for so long"

My sisters on the other hand are "Ew thats filthy" hahahhaah But they like my hair so far so I forgive them

mica
July 13th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I've been looking for this post during the weekend and couldn't find it for some reason.
I'm 22, BCL going for classic. Long hair is not a rarity where I live, in fact, I see girls with TBL+ on a daily basis, and though I do get compliments, it doesn't really 'shock' anyone.

My parents and siblings make a lot of comments but I guess I can't complain when my hair spends the weekend marinating in all sorts of stuff under a plastic bag (well, mainly just olive oil, but you get the point, it's quite a sight). Honestly they were all a lot more judgemental when I begun experimenting and stretching washes but now that the see how my hair has improved they just make light jokes about it, and even ask me for advice!

missrandie
July 13th, 2015, 06:03 PM
I feel pretty fortunate- my family was never judgmental at all, and my husband even less so. After a co-washing disaster last week, my hair looked greasy and felt like crud (to me). My husband co-washed his buzz cut (LOL) and when I smelled it, I asked him what he thought of my co-wash. He gave me the Adam Sandler of "De condishionor makes de haiar siiilky and smooth!" and I just laughed because he doesn't even care about the greasies. He just shrugged when I asked him if it looked greasy!

The only time he drags me to the shower or remotely suggests that I clean up is after fishing or being outside all day or if I'm particularly ripe from working out. It has never been about my "grungy" appearance.

Eraisuithiel
July 13th, 2015, 06:14 PM
My hair used to be waist length and everyone kept insisting I cut it. After a boyfriend who was admittedly only with me because of my hair broke it off with me, I chopped it to my chin. (We'd dated twice and I wasn't looking for a third go) Everyone was so happy when it was gone, but I'm not gonna let them tell me to cut it again.

amino
July 13th, 2015, 08:20 PM

My parents don't entirely know how long I want my hair to grow—I've told Mom tailbone at least, though I may have mentioned classic. She nods and says, "Okay!" Dad has asked what the point is if I'm just going to wear it up all the time, and he hates finding hairs in places around the house (knowing this from when I did have a lot of long hair). But—I live at college 9 months of the year, or I'm off with grandparents or dealing with my own things. And hopefully I'll have research in the summers from now on and won't have to worry about them any more. That said, I have a very close relationship with my parents—Mom and I have bonded over figuring out what's in the shampoo/conditioner bottles, I discuss what my washing plans are, etc. If I get the courage I'm going to jump into using soap berries for my hair (it's weird deciding to wash with something that isn't the typical), and she'll probably try it with me.

Oh, and not to meniton we've managed to convince Mom, who's had short hair for at least 10 years now, to grow it out. :D She's not aiming for any length at the moment, but it's collarbone and looks stunning!

I feel pretty fortunate- my family was never judgmental at all, and my husband even less so. After a co-washing disaster last week, my hair looked greasy and felt like crud (to me). My husband co-washed his buzz cut (LOL) and when I smelled it, I asked him what he thought of my co-wash. He gave me the Adam Sandler of "De condishionor makes de haiar siiilky and smooth!" and I just laughed because he doesn't even care about the greasies. He just shrugged when I asked him if it looked greasy!

The only time he drags me to the shower or remotely suggests that I clean up is after fishing or being outside all day or if I'm particularly ripe from working out. It has never been about my "grungy" appearance.

He sounds awesome!

Nadine <3
July 13th, 2015, 09:07 PM

Eh, a little bit. My mom gets irritated with the hair balls floating all over (and I'm only BSL so far!) and she things it's weird that I put oils in it. She points it out if my hair is dirty and needs a wash but I don't really care lol

Sharysa
July 13th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Twenty-five with hip-length hair! I'm lucky enough to be in the Game of Thrones era, and long hair is pretty common in California.

Nobody really minds aside from Mom--she said I look like an old lady or a witch sometimes, but she's resigned to the fact that I won't cut it in the forseeable future. My friends like it, but most importantly I like it! That's the only thing that matters for me.

blue_eyes
July 14th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I'm 25 & have BSL hair right now with waist as my goal! :) I had short hair from 14-17, never again.

CatsAndCoffee
July 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I don't really have long hair (kind of APL right now), but I'm 20.

I had a pixie for a very long time, so long that many people started knowing me as "the girl with the pixie". I get comments on how "long" my hair is now, and people asking when I'll cut it again. When I tell people I want to grow it to my waist at least once in my life, they don't really seem to understand why.

Someone earlier mentioned the Game of Thrones era, and a lot of people ask if I'm going for that look. Honestly, I don't see what would be so terrible about it, those ladies have gorgeous hair (even if some of them are extentions and wigs).

Senna
July 15th, 2015, 05:50 AM
I'm joining! :) I'm 17 years old.

When I was 7 years old I used to have APL hair, but my mother cut it off to a short bob because long hair looked bad on me. I cut my hair shorter and shorter in the next few years until it was at ear length at age 12. Then I randomly decided I wanted longer hair :) My hair is now somewhere between BSL and waist and I started the Water Only method a few months ago... but my dad thinks it's disgusting :rolleyes: he can't convince me to use shampoo or stuff like that though haha

HintOfMint
July 19th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I'm 28, definitely on the upper end of this age group which means that when people encourage me to cut my hair, it's half because they would prefer a more stylish or modern cut, and half because it's starting to look age-inappropriate and hippie-ish.

At this point, it's just a matter of taking ownership of my look. People tend to back off when you make it clear that your appearance is deliberate.

wilderwein
July 19th, 2015, 05:37 AM
I'm 28, definitely on the upper end of this age group which means that when people encourage me to cut my hair, it's half because they would prefer a more stylish or modern cut, and half because it's starting to look age-inappropriate and hippie-ish.

At this point, it's just a matter of taking ownership of my look. People tend to back off when you make it clear that your appearance is deliberate.

Whats wrong about hippie-ish???? 8) we are just free spirited!

Aderyn
July 19th, 2015, 05:58 AM
I never understood why long hair is automatically seen as hippie-ish. Sure, I can understand for waist length worn down, middle parted with that little headband going around the forehead, but c'mon! Long hair has got to be one of the most timeless and versatile styles out there.

HintOfMint
July 19th, 2015, 01:27 PM

LOL, absolutely nothing, I happen to be a fan of it!

I never understood why long hair is automatically seen as hippie-ish. Sure, I can understand for waist length worn down, middle parted with that little headband going around the forehead, but c'mon! Long hair has got to be one of the most timeless and versatile styles out there.

Eh, I see the association, especially since I'm sporting long hair with loose waves that is relatively unstyled. I'm pretty sure they refer to my texture and length as "boho" or "bohemian." It's certainly a far cry from deliberate waves/curls/straight texture. I've had people say that my hair reminds them of Yoko Ono, and it's not an unfair (or unflattering) comparison.

Lauraes
July 19th, 2015, 01:43 PM
My mom buys my oil for me. A lot of times I don't even ask for anything and she'll bring hair things to me and ask if I want them, lol. The first time I ever cut my hair (scissors had never even touched it before), I was about 12 and my mom cried. :p So she definitely supports my long hair. I used to get comments, mainly from my dad, when I used to not detangle my hair for a week (I deserved those comments), but now that I'm older and actually take care of it nobody says anything negative, even if it's obviously greasy.

DeadlyUnicorn
July 19th, 2015, 02:35 PM

Can't say they really make many comments.. Unless I bring something up. I was talking about conditioner only washing and how I was thinking about trying it and my step mom told me it will look like I never wash my hair and that it will only work on black people's hair..... :crazyq:

lapushka
July 19th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Can't say they really make many comments.. Unless I bring something up. I was talking about conditioner only washing and how I was thinking about trying it and my step mom told me it will look like I never wash my hair and that it will only work on black people's hair..... :crazyq:

Maybe she meant drier hair? Tightly coiled hair is drier usually than stick straight hair. I myself am oily (and have SD) and CO-washing didn't work for me.

DeadlyUnicorn
July 19th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Maybe she meant drier hair? Tightly coiled hair is drier usually than stick straight hair. I myself am oily (and have SD) and CO-washing didn't work for me.

Yes I know that's what she was trying to say lol. But I was trying to educate them about it and she's just kinda like, nope won't work for you. Though I have tried it a few times and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Seems like I have to wash it more often if I do. I'm not sure what's better, more often co washes or less washes with shampoo? Does it even make much of a difference? My hair seems softer and has more volume with co washing but I read that the water gets into your hair and expands it or something and that doesn't sound good ? I haven't been sure where to ask this, hopefully you can give me some insight :)

yahirwaO.o
July 19th, 2015, 08:11 PM

My exact thoughts going on!!!!!. I always take it as a compliment!... people give face like :bull: They (hippies) had great hair and human like mind!

rosey4exclaim
July 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Well, I guess I still count as twenty-something, but I'm closer to 30 than the teens. I had long hair as a teenager, then cut it, then grew it out, then cut it again. I'm currently growing out my third chop since I started high school, which I guess means I've had mostly long hair all my life.

tigereye
July 20th, 2015, 07:13 AM
I guess I belong here. I was pretty much classic but trimmed back to tailbone until some of the hair from my mega-she'd grows back again.
I don't get any trouble from my parents like some teens may, but then I've always had long hair, and my mum also had relatively long hair until she had kids, and then she cut it back to APL when polymyalgia made it difficult for her to deal with at BSL-waist. My mum still washes her hair once a week too, and she has dried, curlier hair than me. She only ever mentions anything is the ends are starting to get raggedy and split, which is less often since starting here at the LHC a few years ago.

Aderyn
July 20th, 2015, 07:27 AM
In middle school and high school my hair was typically around BSL. My mom has shorter hair (APL-ish when she was younger, shoulder length now), never got any flack from her. She regularly compliments my hair.

I remember one time I hadn't washed my hair for a week and a half or something, and it was sooo greasy (at least by my standards), yet she still thought it looked good. So odd. :shrug:

DeadlyUnicorn
July 20th, 2015, 07:39 AM
In middle school and high school my hair was typically around BSL. My mom has shorter hair (APL-ish when she was younger, shoulder length now), never got any flack from her. She regularly compliments my hair.

I remember one time I hadn't washed my hair for a week and a half or something, and it was sooo greasy (at least by my standards), yet she still thought it looked good. So odd. :shrug:

I honestly like the look of greasy hair. It's so shiny and soft.. In a different way from freshly washed hair. I guess I'm a bit weird :p

Aderyn
July 20th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I honestly like the look of greasy hair. It's so shiny and soft.. In a different way from freshly washed hair. I guess I'm a bit weird :p

It's just ironic when you get said comment from people who think not washing your hair everyday is weird/gross! :lol:

Greasy hair can look nice, just depends on how greasy it is.. i.e. stringy, clumpy greasy.. not really my thing, but the greasy from not washing in a long while where it's sleek and smooth.. awesome!

DeadlyUnicorn
July 20th, 2015, 07:47 AM
It's just ironic when you get said comment from people who think not washing your hair everyday is weird/gross! :lol:

Greasy hair can look nice, just depends on how greasy it is.. i.e. stringy, clumpy greasy.. not really my thing, but the greasy from not washing in a long while where it's sleek and smooth.. awesome!

Lol, that is definitely odd then! And yes it can just be too much sometimes but generally looks nice I think :)

Parisian Dozen
July 20th, 2015, 10:49 AM

Exactly that... except my parents aren't supportive... :/

brickworld13
July 20th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Exactly that... except my parents aren't supportive... :/

It will be alright. You won't live with your parents forever, and after you don't have to share living quarters, the comments get less and less. Somewhere along the way, parents tend to realize that constantly insulting and irritating their adult children will not make those adults want to visit home.

Gamma Vector
July 20th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I'm a twenty-something! Always kept long hair, never gotten any weird looks from family. Actually, my hair never got me very many weird looks from anybody. Until I got to college, that is. Suddenly, everyone and their mother assumed I was Mormon. Considering that I'm actually an atheist raised in a family of Spiritualists, this struck me as really odd. Eventually, this Mormon rumor got to the point that my choir instructor just assumed I knew some of the traditional hymns and would have no problem leading them. He was terribly mistaken, and I was terribly confused. So finally, I asked one of my friends about it. Anthony had been one of the people who assumed I was Mormon, so I figured he would know the reason.

Turns out it was my hair. Classic-length hair that I almost always wore in a gibson girl style, combined with the general knowledge that I had been homeschooled K-12 (because the navy moved us around a lot when I was a kid and my mom didn't want to deal with me constantly changing schools, and then she didn't want to just toss me headfirst into highschool once we settled down) gave everyone the general impression that I was a very fundamentalist Christian. Which, to the people of my college, apparently equaled Mormon.

It's pretty funny to me that my long hair made a bigger impact on people than literally anything else about my appearance. Because yeah, that girl has facial piercings, a huge tattoo on her back, wears really insanely bright makeup, and generally dresses like the bastard child of David Bowie and Elvira, but hey, her hair is super long. SHE CLEARLY MUST BE A MORMON. :rolleyes:

Halliday
July 20th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Gamma Vector thats so funny!

lapis_lazuli
July 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Hm. I've somehow never found this thread before :p
I'm 17 and my hair is a couple inches shy of classic length. I don't know if that counts as 'long hair'... when I look in the mirror it seems so short... (although relative to the average teen I know it's not)
I want to grow it to my knees eventually and have sworn off trimming. Now I just S&D. This is the first time in my life I've had hair past my waist so I'm excited about the progress I've made.
I still live at home for now and often get unwanted comments from family, so I generally lurk around LHC for advice and encouragement. :knit:

WannabeViking
July 20th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Twentysomething guy. Most people in my life are ok with both my hair and my general nerd behavior. :p Those that aren't, well, I tend to not stay in contact with people who are like that.

curlylocks85
July 24th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I can count on my hand how many teens I know with longer hair. What are your experiences with having long hair at a younger age? Personally, most people tell me I should get a "trendy" cut. I don't listen to them. I just like my hair longer!

Well I was actively trying to let my hair grow while getting relaxers and my hair trimmed every 6 to eight weeks and using a flat iron when i could not afford the relaxers anymore and not understanding that the things I was doing were the reasons my hair was not growing. Thanksgiving eve of 2013, I cut all the damaged hair off and let it grow out virgin. Now I embrace my natural texture and I am very happy with it and it is growing well. I am proud to start my 30's next month with healthy hair which is growing. I was 26 when I realized this change was wanted, needed and accepted and now I am almost 30 and on a good track with my hair. I am excited to see where my hair will be at the end of this coming decade. :)

amino
July 24th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Gamma Vector, I laughed out loud. That is hilarious!

Eastbound&Down
July 24th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I'm 23, I am currently working towards BSL end goal TBL or longer. Longest I've had it was around TBL in high school so trying to get back there after a few years with it short.

kidso
July 25th, 2015, 07:59 AM
My younger sisters and I started growing our hair out when I was 10 and they were 4 and 5. We received flack from some family members to the point that if we were going to keep our hair long, we needed to keep it clean and presentable. I always protected my younger siblings and helped them care for their hair and six years later when I went away for the summer, I returned to find their CL hair pixie short. We all cried over that! But, it is true, you won't live with your family forever, and young children grow into teens who eventually become independent adults. Hair length and style as a teen is just another added stress that accompanies those sometimes difficult years. Hang in there, it does improve!!

HairPlease
July 25th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Gamma Vector, that was so worth reading out loud. LOL. I'm in my 20s and will be a long hair while still in my 20s. If that totally counts. My family is totally supportive of it (and the odd care routines associated). I consider myself very fortunate.
I don't think I'll get to mormon length, but I'll remember to watch out for choir leaders just in case. :thud:

Katis
July 25th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I'm in my 20s and am trying to grow my hair to waist. My 17 year old sister has hair almost to her hips as do a lot of her friends.

PixieP
July 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
27 here, waist length. Every young girl here has long here it seems like, except I guess for most of them it's extensions.

Gamma Vector
July 26th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Gamma Vector, that was so worth reading out loud. LOL.

Now that's a compliment! Thank you!

Dschineh
July 26th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I'm in my early 20s, just reached waist length and heading for the hips. Every now and then my family teases me for my hair "addiction", although my mother asks me for making her a special bun quite often :)

ShadowBritt
July 26th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I've had my hair long my entire life, except for a mishap last year that I totally regret now and trying to grow back to fix. I'm 21! :)

RainbowBowser
July 26th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I'm 22 and my hair is currently waist length. (idk if that is necessarily "long" but I aim to have longer hair) Having started this hair growth journey at 20 it feels like a documentation of this decade of my life.

Johannah
August 5th, 2015, 02:27 AM
I'm 21, my hair is between hip and BCL. I started growing my hair out when I was 17 and I hope to reach my goal of BCL hair with a thick hemline and almost no split ends in two years (when I graduate at university).

mallorykay13
August 5th, 2015, 08:28 AM
I'm about to turn 21, and I've been on the LHC in 2011, when I started my journey! Now to read the entire thread! :)

longcurlygirl<3
August 5th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I'm 19, and have been growing my hair since 14. I have classic hair length. Most of my friends in church have very long hair. However my other friends no in church think my hair should be shorter, but they accept it as it is. :p

SongofLove
August 14th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I'm at the fairy-tale end (heheh) of this age group at 29, and I have mid-thigh length hair, which may reach knee by my birthday at the very end of the year :cake:

I've gone from having waist-length hair as a little girl, to favoring bob haircuts in my teens, to a buzzcut at 18, to LHC-dwelling in my twenties :)

I live in Southern California and I see a lot of girls and women with at least shoulder-length hair, and I'd say it's not all that uncommon here to see waist-length+ here, though it is true that it's usually the older ladies that have the super long locks (a checker at my local supermarket has ankle-length hair!)

In college I saw a good number of teens/twenty-somethings with long hair. My Indian and Pakistani friends who would sit in front of me in our shared classes, oh my, they had the longest, thickest, most beautiful manes I'd ever seen :cloud9:

mermaid lullaby
August 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I'm 22 and reaching BCL.

Techmouse
August 14th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I'm in my twenties, and have almost WL hair. I actually started letting it grow out in college because short hair took more styling time in the morning. I had my hair in a short pixie as a teenager, but I prefer to keep my long hair, now that it's healthy. I tried growing my hair out for a year before I went to college, but it was badly damaged from a lack of proper care.
I will be keeping my long hair for the foreseeable future. I like how feminine it makes me feel, as well as the ease of care. Some of the girls at my college had classic length braid tassels, and I kind of want my hair to be at least that long.

mallorykay13
August 15th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I'm 20 (almost 21, whoo) and just claimed BCL. How is everyone doing?

wilderwein
August 18th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I have a question guys! How do you manage to look less strict while wearing protective hairstyles?
I don't mind the strict look but sometimes people add to me 5+years and believe that I'm less approachable.
I know messy looks help a bunch and braids, but any ideas about hair stick buns that look more (oh I hate the term but I don't know how to describe it in other words) modern? Or any tutorials? :flower: I managed to do the double cinnamon buns but I want more options....

brickworld13
August 18th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I've got nothing. I still get mistaken for a high school student. All the time. Even with a bun pretty much every day and some rather high end glasses.

wilderwein
August 18th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I've got nothing. I still get mistaken for a high school student. All the time. Even with a bun pretty much every day and some rather high end glasses.

Can't blame them, you have an extremely cute face, you will always look younger you lucky LUCKY woman!

brickworld13
August 18th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Can't blame them, you have an extremely cute face, you will always look younger you lucky LUCKY woman!

I don't know that I would call it luck. I didn't get braces until I was 21. That was a fun adventure. Now, if I go somewhere wearing some of my silly earrings and forget to take my retainers out, I get asked for 2 forms of ID. :eye: I even got asked for ID when I was in Germany. I was 20 at the time. The server thought I was much younger.

wilderwein
August 18th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I don't know that I would call it luck. I didn't get braces until I was 21. That was a fun adventure. Now, if I go somewhere wearing some of my silly earrings and forget to take my retainers out, I get asked for 2 forms of ID. :eye: I even got asked for ID when I was in Germany. I was 20 at the time. The server thought I was much younger.

Yeah but imagine how great will be when you'll be like 50 years old and people will believe you're much younger :eyebrows:

brickworld13
August 18th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Yeah but imagine how great will be when you'll be like 50 years old and people will believe you're much younger :eyebrows:

Meh. We shall see how that goes when I get there.

wilderwein
August 18th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Meh. We shall see how that goes when I get there.

xD I'll wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missrandie
August 18th, 2015, 01:12 PM
I have a question guys! How do you manage to look less strict while wearing protective hairstyles?
I don't mind the strict look but sometimes people add to me 5+years and believe that I'm less approachable.
I know messy looks help a bunch and braids, but any ideas about hair stick buns that look more (oh I hate the term but I don't know how to describe it in other words) modern? Or any tutorials? :flower: I managed to do the double cinnamon buns but I want more options....

The best I can offer is to section out some of the hair at the front and allow that hair to be looser, with more volume than sleeked straight back. Other than that, I too have nothing. People have just now stopped mistaking me for a high schooler, but I think that has more to do with my entropic body than my hair.

wilderwein
August 18th, 2015, 01:13 PM
The best I can offer is to section out some of the hair at the front and allow that hair to be looser, with more volume than sleeked straight back. Other than that, I too have nothing. People have just now stopped mistaking me for a high schooler, but I think that has more to do with my entropic body than my hair.

Oh thats a good one!!! I actually never bothered to do that so I'll try it and see how it works!

missblueeyes
August 19th, 2015, 03:42 AM
I like to do my buns high enough so it peeks over my head a little bit. It's still not enough for me but it's something. My favourite bun is the French pinless held by a Flexi, at the moment, because the braid gives me some height at the front. :)

wilderwein
August 19th, 2015, 04:05 AM
I like to do my buns high enough so it peeks over my head a little bit. It's still not enough for me but it's something. My favourite bun is the French pinless held by a Flexi, at the moment, because the braid gives me some height at the front. :)

Oh I also try to do them higher :hifive: can you post a picture of that hair style to steal the idea pretty pretty please? :pray:

GrowingOut
August 19th, 2015, 04:44 AM
16 and I've been growing my hair since I was ~11. I've liked it more the longer it's been getting! :) Just ignore the rude!

missblueeyes
August 19th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Oh I also try to do them higher :hifive: can you post a picture of that hair style to steal the idea pretty pretty please? :pray:

The only picture I have is a terrible one but you should get the idea. :)
http://i61.tinypic.com/p81tz.jpg

I've been getting into braiding more and more lately because I used to wear braids all the time when I had my hair long in my very early teens.
I'm thinking about going for growing my hair in a braid and seeing how long it'll grow that way. I'm really not too fond of buns, which is a shame because what will I do with all the pretty hairtoys that I've collected?

wilderwein
August 19th, 2015, 06:08 AM

I've been getting into braiding more and more lately because I used to wear braids all the time when I had my hair long in my very early teens.
I'm thinking about going for growing my hair in a braid and seeing how long it'll grow that way. I'm really not too fond of buns, which is a shame because what will I do with all the pretty hairtoys that I've collected?

Oh my!!! It looks so pretty *__* :crush:
Lately I'm into braids too, I have less scalp problems that way! My plan is to wear my hair in a bun while I'm in the house and in braid styles while out. As long as we take care of the braid not rubbing into stuff, then I think we are ok to go! And don't worry about the hair toys, I'm sure you'll have a phase when you'll be into buns again and make good use of them.

Ephemia
August 19th, 2015, 06:29 AM

A terrible pic- A TERRIBLE PICTURE??? What's wrong with that? Your hair looks great and the angle's fine. You and I have a different definition of a terrible picture, missy! :laugh:

missblueeyes
August 19th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Oh my!!! It looks so pretty *__* :crush:
Lately I'm into braids too, I have less scalp problems that way! My plan is to wear my hair in a bun while I'm in the house and in braid styles while out. As long as we take care of the braid not rubbing into stuff, then I think we are ok to go! And don't worry about the hair toys, I'm sure you'll have a phase when you'll be into buns again and make good use of them.

Thank you! :flower: That's so true! Besides, why should we decide on one style to wear all the time, anyways? Isn't one of the benefits of having long hair to be able to try out a variety of different styles? m

A terrible pic- A TERRIBLE PICTURE??? What's wrong with that? Your hair looks great and the angle's fine. You and I have a different definition of a terrible picture, missy! :laugh:

Aww, thank you! Well, I think it's not that great because I didn't get my whole bun into the frame and the Flexi is sitting at such a weird angle. It could be worse, I guess. It could be out of focus. :,D

wilderwein
August 19th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Thank you! :flower: That's so true! Besides, why should we decide on one style to wear all the time, anyways? Isn't one of the benefits of having long hair to be able to try out a variety of different styles?

Exactly! Plus I feel like I do more harm sometimes to my hair by putting it up in a bun, couse I have that bad habit of placing the same bun in the same exact place!

mallorykay13
August 19th, 2015, 10:29 AM

:thud:
I loooove your hair color! Your hair looks so smooth and nice.

mallorykay13
August 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Exactly! Plus I feel like I do more harm sometimes to my hair by putting it up in a bun, couse I have that bad habit of placing the same bun in the same exact place!

I found myself in that rut.... I recently got a new style of hair toy to inspire some creativity.

wilderwein
August 19th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I found myself in that rut.... I recently got a new style of hair toy to inspire some creativity.

Oooh I wanna see photooos! :eyebrows:

MoreAutumnForMe
August 20th, 2015, 03:13 AM
I'm 27 with BSL hair. I mostly see APL hair around here. I have a feeling there are more long hairs than I think, though; my city has a lot of hijabi ladies who probably have long hair. I think it takes some mental fortitude to ignore everyone's "advice" about your hair, clothes, makeup, etc. etc. etc. - and also bravery, apparently. I'm growing my hair for myself, of course, but I think long, healthy hair does make a statement about who makes my choices and who gets to have an opinion about it. Spoiler alert: it's me!!! :sun:

Exactly. And I loveee that answer about donating a kidney :hifive: I donated twice before I heard rumors that Locks of Love may not be the most honest charity - I don't know for sure, though :confused:

And it's true, there are much more effective charities out there. You know what people always need? Socks. Donate socks. People always need them. And menstrual care items - which shelters won't provide because they are a "luxury". So there are two things society needs more than hair.

Also... if not donating hair is so selfish, why isn't the person asking growing their hair long?

amino
August 20th, 2015, 06:19 AM

No idea what hairstyles would work. I don't care about severe, usually—if I do I'll leave a loop out and pin it back behind my ear. Or... actually now that it's longer I could probably bring it back and wrap it around my bun and pin it there. Anyways, I often get mistaken as younger than my 18 year old sister. -_- I don't know how to fix it.

Ha! I was at the airport once leaving Romania (where you need both parents' permission to leave the country if you're under 18). So the teller asks me if my sister is an adult "Yes." And then she asks me for my parents' permissions form. And I'm like... "I'm 20. Do you still want it?" It's a pain, but everyone tells me that when I'm 30 I'll be happy about it.

FANTASTIC picture! Go for braids. They look great on you. :)

Exactly. And I loveee that answer about donating a kidney :hifive: I donated twice before I heard rumors that Locks of Love may not be the most honest charity - I don't know for sure, though :confused:

And it's true, there are much more effective charities out there. You know what people always need? Socks. Donate socks. People always need them. And menstrual care items - which shelters won't provide because they are a "luxury". So there are two things society needs more than hair.

Also... if not donating hair is so selfish, why isn't the person asking growing their hair long?

Torrinpaige has a video about why she won't donate her hair that links to... Lucy's Corsetry's video, I think, about why she won't donate her hair. The idea is that LoL gets hair for free, throws away a ton of it (at least 50%, if I'm remembering correctly) that is unsuitable for wig-making, and then sells (on a sliding scale, similar to college tuition) it to kids who have alopecia. Which is a totally different disease from cancer.

Johannah
August 20th, 2015, 06:34 AM

Bangs. But maybe that's something you don't want ;)

wilderwein
August 20th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Hahaha yes I grow them the last two years :lol:

MoreAutumnForMe
August 21st, 2015, 01:06 PM
Torrinpaige has a video about why she won't donate her hair that links to... Lucy's Corsetry's video, I think, about why she won't donate her hair. The idea is that LoL gets hair for free, throws away a ton of it (at least 50%, if I'm remembering correctly) that is unsuitable for wig-making, and then sells (on a sliding scale, similar to college tuition) it to kids who have alopecia. Which is a totally different disease from cancer.

That must be what I heard. It's a far cry from the mental image LoL gives people about cancer kids wishing they had a new wig they can't afford.

Clip ins! Or, maybe sew the fake bangs under a barrette / hair band. I don't know how much hair tracks are, probably depends on the quality, but you'd only need one or two for homemade bangs :knit:

wilderwein
August 21st, 2015, 01:55 PM
MoreAutumnForMe Oh thats good! But I have a ?fear? about anything that looks like hair but doesn't come out directly from my scalp.
Story time!
I was once at the mall, and a beautiful lady was waiting next to me. She had beautiful long silver-ish hair and I was admiring it.
Finally her boyfriend came (my friend didn't yet, she was late for 40 minutes -_-). He grabs her, they kiss, how romantic was that?
TILL!
He runs his fingers on her hair and baaam her extensions are falling down. In the middle of the mall! She had to bend and pick them off, and it was obvious that they both felt embarrased. Since them I'm fakehair-traumatized and I'm afraid I'll be in the same situation.

alishaxmarie
August 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
MoreAutumnForMe Oh thats good! But I have a ?fear? about anything that looks like hair but doesn't come out directly from my scalp.
Story time!
I was once at the mall, and a beautiful lady was waiting next to me. She had beautiful long silver-ish hair and I was admiring it.
Finally her boyfriend came (my friend didn't yet, she was late for 40 minutes -_-). He grabs her, they kiss, how romantic was that?
TILL!
He runs his fingers on her hair and baaam her extensions are falling down. In the middle of the mall! She had to bend and pick them off, and it was obvious that they both felt embarrased. Since them I'm fakehair-traumatized and I'm afraid I'll be in the same situation.

Omg! I can't even imagine, I want to laugh but at the same time I don't... has anyone here tried fake bangs though? My bf wants to see me with bangs because I look so different with them (he's seen old pics) but I would hate to get bangs and waste all the time I've spent growing them out...

MoreAutumnForMe
August 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the chuckle wilderwein!! :grin:

I uh... don't know how to avoid that! Other than covering your bases with tutorials to make sure the wefts don't sneak away from you. I guess the only thing you can do if you have a "hair malfunction"... is laugh it off! :wannabe:

wilderwein
August 21st, 2015, 02:06 PM
Omg! I can't even imagine, I want to laugh but at the same time I don't... has anyone here tried fake bangs though? My bf wants to see me with bangs because I look so different with them (he's seen old pics) but I would hate to get bangs and waste all the time I've spent growing them out...

I know right? I feel the same describing it! I totally felt bad when it happened tho.

How about that video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM Just to get the curiousity out of him

MoreAutumnForMe I just hope the boyfriend knew that she has extensions, and that he wasn't finding it at the moment!

MoreAutumnForMe
August 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
I know right? I feel the same describing it! I totally felt bad when it happened tho.

How about that video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM Just to get the curiousity out of him

MoreAutumnForMe I just hope the boyfriend knew that she has extensions, and that he wasn't finding it at the moment!

I love that video! :D I grew out my bangs but I've got some pictures, thank goodness. Now I never have to wonder. I may just try something like that, though!

Haha, that would be quite a shock! I sure hope he wasn't surprised. Magical silver hair is gorgeous though, real or not!

wilderwein
August 21st, 2015, 02:54 PM
I love that video! :D I grew out my bangs but I've got some pictures, thank goodness. Now I never have to wonder. I may just try something like that, though!

Haha, that would be quite a shock! I sure hope he wasn't surprised. Magical silver hair is gorgeous though, real or not!

Oh yes it is! Unless you have to pick it up from the floor of a mall....
Had to! Oh gosh I'm mean :neutral:

missrandie
August 21st, 2015, 04:52 PM
Speaking of fake bangs, that is one of ny goals for my short pony tail I kept. I want to sew them into wefts, and sew the wefts into a clip in bang. BAM! Something that matches my hair perfectly because it IS my hair!

MoreAutumnForMe
August 22nd, 2015, 06:46 AM
Oh yes it is! Unless you have to pick it up from the floor of a mall....
Had to! Oh gosh I'm mean :neutral:

Whoops!! :laugh: :henny:

Speaking of fake bangs, that is one of ny goals for my short pony tail I kept. I want to sew them into wefts, and sew the wefts into a clip in bang. BAM! Something that matches my hair perfectly because it IS my hair!

That's exactly what I'd do if I cut my hair again! :) Make clip ins. Apparently it takes three heads of hair to make a whole wig.

missrandie
August 22nd, 2015, 08:05 AM
My long pony tail is also potentially going to become extensions. Just little clip ins.. But I look forward to the day that they are too short :)

Johannah
August 23rd, 2015, 04:27 AM
Hahaha yes I grow them the last two years :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM

missblueeyes
August 23rd, 2015, 05:49 AM
I managed to do a 'messy bun' with a hairstick today. :) It's basically a cinnabun, which I've pulled apart a little so it looks messier AFTER I secured it with the hairstick. My hair doesn't do neat cinnabuns at the moment so it was a little easier for me. I gathered my hair in the "bent at waist" position so I'd get a little more volume. My hair is second day hair but it's still super clean so there's that.

http://i57.tinypic.com/nx6z28.jpg

wilderwein
August 23rd, 2015, 07:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM

Hahaha I also had that video in mind :hifive:

missblueeyes LOOKS PERFECT! :thud:

missblueeyes
August 23rd, 2015, 08:36 AM
Aww, thanks, wilderwein! That's what usually happens when I get super frustrated that I can't throw up my hair with a hairtie - I start looking for alternatives! I came across a lot of "messy pencil bun / back to school" videos on youtube. They should work just as well if not even better with a hairstick, in case you're looking for laid-back alternatives to regular hairstick buns. :)

wilderwein
August 23rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Aww, thanks, wilderwein! That's what usually happens when I get super frustrated that I can't throw up my hair with a hairtie - I start looking for alternatives! I came across a lot of "messy pencil bun / back to school" videos on youtube. They should work just as well if not even better with a hairstick, in case you're looking for laid-back alternatives to regular hairstick buns. :)
Oh gosh! Thats genius!!! I was always looking for hair stick buns, I'm sure I'll find what I want under the "pencil buns" category, THANKS A BUNCH :flowers:

gthlvrmx
August 23rd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Oh gosh! Thats genius!!! I was always looking for hair stick buns, I'm sure I'll find what I want under the "pencil buns" category, THANKS A BUNCH :flowers:

Just be careful with the wood end are where you write with. The little gaps can catch your hair so you might have to coat the end with nail polish or something to smooth it out. Color pencils also work if you want to use your pencils :) The nice thing about color pencils and pencils is that you can make them smaller if your bun is on the small side. :)
Did anyone share this video already of a "pencil bun"? It's a nautilus bun and if you get it just right, you can make it hold without a hairstick or pencil.
Pencil bun:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34
Nautilus:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86ZH0J7xtE

wilderwein
August 24th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Just be careful with the wood end are where you write with. The little gaps can catch your hair so you might have to coat the end with nail polish or something to smooth it out. Color pencils also work if you want to use your pencils :) The nice thing about color pencils and pencils is that you can make them smaller if your bun is on the small side. :)
Did anyone share this video already of a "pencil bun"? It's a nautilus bun and if you get it just right, you can make it hold without a hairstick or pencil.
Pencil bun:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34
Nautilus:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86ZH0J7xtE

Oh no, I'm still gonna use a hairstick, I just want ideas to make the bun look softer/Messier! Pencils are so evil for my hair! :lol:
Thanks for the links
Gonna watch the videos immediately :flower:

ETA: Why everyone elses nautilus buns look much more awesome and cooler than mine??? Hahaha

DollyDagger
August 29th, 2015, 12:52 PM
i wish ..lol :)

but really good on you that youve started to take great care of your hair at such a young age..:) wise choice

gthlvrmx
August 29th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Oh no, I'm still gonna use a hairstick, I just want ideas to make the bun look softer/Messier! Pencils are so evil for my hair! :lol:
Thanks for the links
Gonna watch the videos immediately :flower:

ETA: Why everyone elses nautilus buns look much more awesome and cooler than mine??? Hahaha

Spin pins are good for messy buns, maybe that might interest you. Or maybe those other small pins like these? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44228 There is a photo in that thread with other pins.

wilderwein
August 29th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Spin pins are good for messy buns, maybe that might interest you. Or maybe those other small pins like these? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44228 There is a photo in that thread with other pins.

Oh I'm gonna try with some old U pins I have! I still haven't found spin pins in my country without some kind of jewlery on the edge, but I'm thinking to buy them anyway. I mean it will make the bun more girly? I guess? :lol:

Byyy the way I have to add, a braided high ponytail made me look like a 15year old. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, someone believed I'm younger =')

missblueeyes
August 30th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Oh I'm gonna try with some old U pins I have! I still haven't found spin pins in my country without some kind of jewlery on the edge, but I'm thinking to buy them anyway. I mean it will make the bun more girly? I guess? :lol:

Byyy the way I have to add, a braided high ponytail made me look like a 15year old. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, someone believed I'm younger =')

Try a caterpillar "braid" or bubble ponytail! People will think you're 12. :D Or at least they do so if I wear them.. which is a shame because I really like the style. On others. ;)

Johannah
August 30th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Hahaha I also had that video in mind :hifive:

missblueeyes LOOKS PERFECT! :thud:

She has some really nice braids on her channel as well. I love watching her videos :)