PDA

View Full Version : Does Curly Girl work on long, fine textured hair?

DarleneH
August 30th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Mine is 2a and probably 2b after I get it's problems worked out (mostly dry and frizzy canopy/outermost layer and ends). So this morning I was looking up Curly Girl method results and pictures and most people doing it have coarser ethnic hair than my fine-as-spider-silk strands that I'm trying to work out what's best for. Also all I saw had hair a lot shorter than a lot of us here have (mine is waist length). So does Curly Girl really work well when you have skinny strands that are extra long compared to most people?

Kina
August 30th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Mine is 2a and probably 2b after I get it's problems worked out (mostly dry and frizzy canopy/outermost layer and ends). So this morning I was looking up Curly Girl method results and pictures and most people doing it have coarser ethnic hair than my fine-as-spider-silk strands that I'm trying to work out what's best for. Also all I saw had hair a lot shorter than a lot of us here have (mine is waist length). So does Curly Girl really work well when you have skinny strands that are extra long compared to most people?

"Ethnic" curly hair here with fine hair. Works a treat. Hair is brushing hip.

lapushka
August 30th, 2014, 02:04 PM
CG (modified) works for me. :)

Quahatundightu
August 31st, 2014, 02:20 AM
It doesn't work for me, weighs my hair down too much.

Firefox7275
August 31st, 2014, 11:38 AM

There are loads of people who are do not have coarse 'ethnic' hair following Curly Girl, come and join us on the Facebook Wavy Hair Community for example. What there is not are loads of wavy vloggers or wavy bloggers. On YouTube see Chupie, Wavy Library, Shalimarcat and Curlywavydiane; for blogs Swtndspcy (BSL plus), The Wavy Library (fine/ thin but short, mod on WHC) and Sciencey Hairblog (fine ex long hair, mod on WHC).

Waist length or longer on YouTube: Curlywavydiane 2c wavy, Shalimarcat 2a/ 2b wavy, Waterlily716 3a curly (earlier videos, ex long hair) and Whirlsandcurls 3a curly.

Definitely consider including hydrolysed protein regularly, be that in your leave in conditioner, styler or as a deep treatment. This can patch repair, strengthen, boost wave and body/ volume.

bunzfan
August 31st, 2014, 11:44 AM
My hair is definitely fine textured and it works for me but, I do have to be careful that some of the conditioners I use on the length don't weigh it down too much.. I actually find co washing makes it look a lot thicker.

GetMeToWaist
August 31st, 2014, 12:14 PM
No it really weighed mine down... And the gel dried my hair out. I just need to brush my hair otherwise it gets all piecey and tangly.

Silverbrumby
August 31st, 2014, 06:22 PM
It doesn't work for me, weighs my hair down too much. I find I can't do the heavy leave in's. It just looks awful when my really thin ends just clump into these tiny strands.

sourgrl
August 31st, 2014, 07:01 PM
Modified CG works for my fine 2a hair. But what works for one does not work for all :)