PDA

View Full Version : Be my friend?

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I'm so happy to see some of the familiar faces, but I feel a little odd sending people friend requests.

Things go through my head like, I like their posts, but what if they don't like me? I know there are two people on the boards I rather like who aren't crazy about me, which makes me afraid that other people won't want to be my friends...

I get stupidly insecure. About once a month. One would almost think it's cyclical, even... periodic. :p

So, I like everyone here on LHC. I'd like to be your friend. I'm afraid of asking you to be my friend in case you're going to go, oh no, HER? I hate her! Or, why does she think I like her enough for her to friend me?

If you post something here, I'd love to friend you. I think that would be awesome. And if you want more friends, I guess this could be a good place to find people who are interested in friending other people on the site, so this won't just be shameless hormonal pandering on my part.

I feel like it's the first day of school.

:flowers:

Would you be my friend?

:beerchug::beer::bottomsup::hooched::grouphug:

PatGear
March 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I suppose that can be arranged. ;)

Nat242
March 20th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Me? Sure, I'd love to be your friend!! :p

:cheese:

-- Natalie

Edited to add: Sent you a friend request!

GlassEyes
March 20th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I'm perfectly fine with that! ^_^

YAY PIRATES. xD

CryssieWillow
March 20th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I would like to be your friend :)

TammySue
March 20th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Ahoy mate! I see you beat me to the punch and I was very happy to accept your Friend Request!! :D

annarose
March 20th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Me too, I love your journal!

Smokie
March 20th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Hi! I live just south of you! I will be your friend and I will add you to my AIM list too! :heart:

Mi-chan
March 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Awww, what makes you think people don't like you? =)
I mean, I know what it's like to feel self-conscious, but I think as long as you don't say any mean or unfair things on here, everybody will like you ;)

*hugs* Mi-chan

Sarahmoon
March 20th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I'm probably not a familiar face yet, but nothing wrong in getting to know more people, right?

Your request is so sweet :flowers:

KnightsLady
March 20th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Would you be my friend?

Of course, MPB - you don't even need to ask. :D

Amoretti
March 20th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I'd like to be your friend! Send me a request!

OhioLisa
March 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I gladly accepted your friend request MPB. :) I think most people on here would be cool about accepting a request. And for those who aren't, well, you know... :patrol: :slap: :draw: :whip: :hatchet: Hehehe. :twisted: :pirate:

AJoifulNoise
March 20th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Can I be your friend? :flower:

wolf girl
March 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I'm in! I don't have many "friends" on here yet but everyone seems so nice and encouraging. I love the positive engery on the boards. I'm new so I need some friends too....;)

Faepirate
March 20th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Me me me! You're a pirate too and I'd like to be your friend! :D

pookatrina
March 20th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I totally relate. I think I'm kind of quiet on the board so I feel like people won't know who I am & don't want me to be their friend.

khyricat
March 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I've missed your journal, I've been only friending people who friend me, or whose blogs I am reading for the most part.. I just friended you.. Time has been short since the boards came back up.

TheHippieChick
March 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Hey Girl ! I think you are fantastic and I would love to be your friend! Your purple hair is just amazing! I think your feelings are quite normal. I would feel the same way and still do sometimes...though I am slightly Jaded from myspace :D Your a beautiful person and a fantastic Pirate! :D

Gutterfayrie
March 20th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I would love to be your friend!!!

BTW, Just noticed you're in Austin!!! I'm heading that way in a few hours!!!!

AquaViolet1973
March 20th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I've accepted every friend request that has been sent to me. No creepy people have asked me to be their friend, so I have accepted the friend request from everyone who has asked.
I've also sent out quite a few friends requests myself. Most have been accepted which makes me happy, but some people either just haven't responded, or may have rejected my friend request. I'll admit that hurts my feelings a little. I have been a member of LHC for over 3 years, and have almost 1000 posts. So it hurts a little to think some people might have rejected me.

Hypnotica
March 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Well, you already know that I didn't reject you. :)
To be honest, was a bit suprised by your request - but happy!

angelthadiva
March 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I can identify with your post...I can't think of anyone here that I wouldn't be "friends" with, so as long as I've seen the name at LHC or TBB, I've been accepting every request that has come in, and don't foresee rejecting any...I guess if I were on the fence, I'd at least check out their profile first...I do the same thing with My Space. If I see anything that is offensive or obscene, I reject those requests.

With that said, I've been surprised :D by some of the comments made and friend requests I've received...I never knew how much people liked me! :D

Delila
March 20th, 2008, 10:01 AM
:flowers:

Would you be my friend?

:beerchug::beer::bottomsup::hooched::grouphug:

Hilarious! :blossom::bottomsup::hooched:

(and I LOVE these new smilies, don't you? )

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Friends to the end, kindred spirit.

Jaime
March 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
ahem -

fwiw, I befriended MadPirateBippy before it became a movement! :bow:

I feel like it's the first day of school. You can sit with me at lunch. Meet me by the flagpole.:D

8) Jim

Magdalene
March 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I'll be your friend, Bippy!

ladystar
March 20th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sure Friends are great:D

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I am perpetually astonished that, if you simply ask for what you want, you tend to get it.

All of you are amazing. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thank you.

PS- Jim, I'll sit with you at lunch even though you might have cooties. I've heard there are now vaccinations to protect against cooties.

cassie_g
March 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I would be quite delighted to be your friend.

ohjezebel
March 20th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I went ahead and friended you, MadPirateBippy, just because of this thread. I like having friends.

biggeorge
March 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Funny; I was going to send you a request yesterday when I sent you the "Austin" note, but I am hesitant to do that to the ladies here I really don't know so that they don't feel uncomfortable. So now I will! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c007.gif

Schnee
March 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I am a bit afraid of sending out friend-request myself. What if the person doesn't like me, or even worse, don't even recognise me from the boards!:( Yeah, I am afraid I am very anonymous and boring... ;)

DavidN
March 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
You are NOT boring, Schnee, and I am delighted that you are on my friends list too!:flowers:

Ohio Sky
March 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Aww its awesome that Im not the only one that gets that way. I dont have the b*lls to friends anyone. The internet is easier than "actually" interacting with someone, but stupidly enough, I still feel dumb in many online situtions :o

Schnee
March 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM
You are NOT boring, Schnee, and I am delighted that you are on my friends list too!:flowers:

Thank you David!

And I LOVE getting flowers from gentlemen.:D

Wind Dragon
March 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Silly Bippy. Of course, here I was just starting to get self-conscious about the whole thing, and had feared you might not want to befriend me. :face:

Madam Librarian
March 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I wanted to say that I have yet to refuse a friend request. My only criteria is that I recognize your username. :shrug: I haven't yet sent any requests of my own. I'm just lazy I guess.

hrimfaxi
March 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Yep! No objections whatsoever to plundering with a pirate wench. I mean... being friends. :)

Xanthippe
March 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I'll be your friend MadPirateBippy! Especially since your username always makes me smile along with your avatar. :D

meliora
March 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Sure! I'll send you a friend request :)

JasmineDaisy
March 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Aww! Let's be friends!

Delilah
March 20th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I'll friend you :)
The friends system, is a little unnerving. There's a lot of people on the board I think are cool, but sending them a friend request is too much like... i dunno... asking them on a date or something ;)

Alaia
March 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Methinks you have lots of friends now, savvy?

(I'm sorry. I had to get some piratical vocab in there. At least I didn't jump right in and yell "Aye, Avast!" a la Orlando Bloom.)

:p

PS. You're funny.

Silver & Gold
March 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I LOVE mad pirates! As long as you mean mad/crazy rather than mad/angry.

ARRRGGGGHHH!!! Are ye the matey with the one-legged parrot? :pirate:

eresh
March 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Sure!
If you want to be my friend that is :-)

HairColoredHair
March 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'll be your friend, but you probably have tons by now... so if you don't wanna... that's okay. :)

Euphony
March 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM
ahem -

fwiw, I befriended MadPirateBippy before it became a movement! :bow:

You can sit with me at lunch. Meet me by the flagpole.:D

8) Jim
SQUEEE me too! Or at least before I saw this thread...I can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes :D

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Just sent you a friend request. :)

annarose
March 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Holy crap MadPirateBippy, you now have 58 friends and counting :cheese:!!!!

prosperina
March 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I have no friends with fabulous purple hair. I must (and am going to) request your friendship!

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Are you offering me a drink too? I could use one!

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yay!

I am feeling way less insecure, and it helps lots to know that other people were feeling just as weird about it.

What I think is REALLY cool is that several people I wanted to friend but felt self concious about were on this thread and now my friends.

WHOOO HOO!

thetokenlady
March 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Awwww.... :pirate: <hugs> I love pirates! (friend request sent).

cuddledumplin
March 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Aw, I feel that way sometimes, but I look at it the way I look at submitting my writing to magazines: I'll probably never meet that person in real life, and it's his/ her loss if I'm rejected.

Well, I 'm already your friend, but I've always found you delightful.

P.S. Purple is my favourite colour.

Velvettt
March 21st, 2008, 12:34 AM
I friended you before this thread! Do I get a prize?:D

fae
March 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hi!

I recieved the friend request and happily accepted. Sorry I am so late to this thread. My DD13 has been on the computer for 4 days straight. I have only been able to check here and there.

Thank you for friending me.

I love your hair. Purple is my favorite color too.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM
hey im so glad you did this thread, i feel the same way what if i send a request and they reject me.

Anyways, i sent you a request because, 1) i love purple!, 2) pirates are great but mad ones are fantastic and 3) you come from my fathers namesake Austin!!!

im sensitive if you reject me!!!!

MadPirateBippy
March 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ah Jojo, I hope I did not disappoint you or raise your sensitive ire. You are now friended. Consider it done.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
im a happy (hippy) easter bunny now!!!

WritingPrincess
March 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Schnee-To-The-Knees, don't you dare feel that way. I've always aspired to have hair like yours, and I certainly recognize you.
MPB, have you started up the pirate thread yet? I'm itching to get me hands on some booty.

faeflame
March 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM
MPB
I'm soooo glad you started this thread. I am more than a little intimidated by the new board and this 'Friends' thing. It was such a relief to see that someone else was also a bit afraid of the possible rejections. I'm sending a friend request out ASAP to you. Hopefully, I can get past my shyness and dread that noone will recognize/remember me and send out others soon..

Shorty89
March 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I"m sending you a friend request ^_^