PDA

View Full Version : What's your epic hair moment?

captaincrunch
August 29th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Maintaining healthy long hair is a lot of work. What is the epic hair moment you are growing it for? A hairstyle? Showing it off at an event? What makes it worthwhile to grow your hair for you?

Mine is wearing it in a fancy braided bun or down once I am done growing it to terminal length!

Entangled
August 29th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I'm growing it for the moment it becomes an extra limb, and for the moment my braid can smack others in the face!

I'm only halfway kidding!
Though I'm growing it for personal gratification, I'm also growing it to elicit bun-drop awe from bystanders, and to have a young child think I have princess hair. I don't know if the last one will happen, but my baby brother has already started playing with my braid.

Zesty
August 29th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I'm growing it for the moment it becomes an extra limb, and for the moment my braid can smack others in the face!

Though I'm growing it for personal gratification, I'm also growing it to elicit bun-drop awe from bystanders, and to have a young child think I have princess hair. I don't know if the last one will happen, but my baby brother has already started playing with my braid.
Bun-drop awe is definitely up there for me (also, perfect phrasing).

I've also been wanting to have a braid long enough to wrap around my head once. Generally, though, I want to be able to do the elaborate buns and braids I used to do. (The Madora!)

queenovnight
August 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I'm not growing mine for any specific reason. It was once because I wanted to do elaborate braids and up-do's, but the longer my hair gets, the harder it becomes and the less I care XD Now im just growing it out because I want 'out of this world' long hair.

pixldust
August 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Not a specific moment per se, but to see if I can grow long hair. I'd sort of convinced myself that I didn't have the type of hair that could grow long, and now that I've learned how to take care of it properly I want to prove myself wrong.

meteor
August 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
One of the epic moments would be covering my body completely (or almost completely) with hair. I think it will be pretty cool! :D

And I'd love to do full-blown Elisabeth of Austria hairstyles - those are definitely epic! :D

Vampyria
August 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Headbanging is one.:p My hair was really damaged and really tapered in the past, plus it's naturally very lightweight and puffy, so I need more overall thickness and length for it to be acting like it should. But I generally just like long hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 29th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I would like to be able to wow people with the length of mine, but it's going to take a fair bit more length yet, I think.

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 05:13 PM
No epic hair moment. Just growing it out long enough so I can wear buns (still can't wear a nautilus or cinnabun at this thickness & length).

captaincrunch
August 29th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Love this!

TSwan
August 29th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I've never ever had hair long enough to make a proper fishtail braid...it sounds so silly but I always thought they looked pretty and whimsical, almost mermaidy! :) I can do a stubby one, but it's just not the same

jacqueline101
August 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I'm growing mine because I can. I love it when haters snarl their nose and say it's long when I grab the ends from around my back.

skeletonous
August 29th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I want to grow it long enough to feel like a fairytale character, someone mythical looking and spiritual. I also want to be able to do lovely buns with pretty sticks and have people be pleasantly surprised at how long and healthy it is when I take it down. :o

Alaska98
August 29th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Not a specific moment per se, but to see if I can grow long hair. I'd sort of convinced myself that I didn't have the type of hair that could grow long, and now that I've learned how to take care of it properly I want to prove myself wrong.

This! My whole life I thought I couldn't grow past apl. I'm almost mbl now. :D

Santi
August 29th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Letting my hair grow to WL w/o chemicals would be epic! I never imagined wanting it until recently.

DaniJoy
August 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM
One of the epic moments would be covering my body completely (or almost completely) with hair. I think it will be pretty cool! :D

Yes!!! Me too! Or at least be able to sit cross legged and have my hair cover around me. I hope I get there :)

Madora
August 29th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Maintaining healthy long hair is a lot of work. What is the epic hair moment you are growing it for? A hairstyle? Showing it off at an event? What makes it worthwhile to grow your hair for you?

Mine is wearing it in a fancy braided bun or down once I am done growing it to terminal length!

My epic hair moment arrived yesterday, when my niece measured my hair and said it was longer (by about 3 inches) than my 5 ft tape measure!!!! Yezzz!!! Of course ALL of it isn't that length...but I'm chuffed that I've been able to attain my goal of 60 inches!

MountainMane
August 29th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I am not growing it for an epic moment per say. Maybe every moment is epic. I just love long hair. It's gorgeous. It feels like my shield lol. I'm growing my shield!? :crush:

ARG
August 29th, 2014, 09:02 PM
My epic hair moment arrived yesterday, when my niece measured my hair and said it was longer (by about 3 inches) than my 5 ft tape measure!!!! Yezzz!!! Of course ALL of it isn't that length...but I'm chuffed that I've been able to attain my goal of 60 inches!

Congratulations! That must have been so exciting for you! Do you have another goal in mind?

I don't really have a goal length, just a goal feeling, which I'm not sure how to describe. I just know that I'll know when it gets there. So far, my epic moment is having my hair back to the length it was 4 years ago, but healthy this time, and no one has made comments that I should cut it, because its undeniably healthy.

Creagan
August 29th, 2014, 09:13 PM
A year ago I rendered a room full of people speechless when I took my hair out of a nautilus bun. That was pretty epic.

spirals
August 29th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I'd love to get married having my hair up for the ceremony and then surprising everyone with long, loose, romantic waves sans veil as I enter the reception. I think the hair will happen, but I don't know about the wedding.

AmberJewel
August 29th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Pixiedust! Alaska! We are Hair-twins!... or, um, triplets?

I want to see if my hair can make it to fingertip length, then walk along the beach at sunset with it in a half-up, blowing in the breeze. I know that sounds damaging, but I wouldn't do it often, and it just seems so magical. Also, I just want to see how long it can get. Though I'm pretty sure I'd never go past knee... or ankle, even if I could.

MountainMane
August 29th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Oh I had a beautiful image in my mind :pegasus::pegasus:

Madora
August 29th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Congratulations! That must have been so exciting for you! Do you have another goal in mind?

I don't really have a goal length, just a goal feeling, which I'm not sure how to describe. I just know that I'll know when it gets there. So far, my epic moment is having my hair back to the length it was 4 years ago, but healthy this time, and no one has made comments that I should cut it, because its undeniably healthy.

Thanks, ARG! Well, I'd love to have all my hair at 60 inches but I don't know. It will continue to grow until I visit the GM salon in Bev. Hills early next May and have the treatment and the trim. I'm going to leave it up to them to decide where to do the trim.

memeow
August 29th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I'd love to get married having my hair up for the ceremony and then surprising everyone with long, loose, romantic waves sans veil as I enter the reception. I think the hair will happen, but I don't know about the wedding.

Hahaha this is my fantasy wedding plan too! Maybe with some accent braids in it as well....

YvetteVarie
September 1st, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mine will be to grow out my hair in its kinky curly state, and not let anyone know its true length until one random day I decide to stretch a curl and it hits lower than hip length :)

A girl can dream...

pixldust
September 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
This! My whole life I thought I couldn't grow past apl. I'm almost mbl now. :D

I hope it's not too long before you can claim midback! I can't wait til I'm there, seems such a long way to go but I'm quietly confident :)

pixldust
September 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM

I want to see if my hair can make it to fingertip length, then walk along the beach at sunset with it in a half-up, blowing in the breeze. I know that sounds damaging, but I wouldn't do it often, and it just seems so magical. Also, I just want to see how long it can get. Though I'm pretty sure I'd never go past knee... or ankle, even if I could.

We are indeed :) I must admit, my goals have changed since I've become more curious about how long my hair could get. It'd be cool to just let your hair grow and grow and grow and see where it ends up.

Clarkie
September 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM
I would like to be able to wow people with the length of mine, but it's going to take a fair bit more length yet, I think.

I'm officially "wowed" by your length. Your current length is my initial goal and your hair looks so shiny and healthy so ya.....consider my wowed and then some :)

Maktub
September 1st, 2014, 11:51 AM
I think mine might be to wear it down and for the curls to be looser, and fall around my waist, because of their weight. It might be a fantasy but I feel I might actually like my natural curls and texture when my hair gets long enough.

kitpan
September 1st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Mine would be my hair becoming a statement accessory in itself!:cool:

martyna_22
September 1st, 2014, 12:38 PM

That sounds amazing, actually :) I love the feeling of slight wind in my hair, obviously if I'm going in the opposite direction of it! It just feels kind of liberating and beautiful.

veryhairyfairy
September 1st, 2014, 01:39 PM
I feel lucky to have already experienced the kind of epic moments I thought about when I had short hair.
I have:
worn a bun all semester and shocked classmates with my length
done the same with coworkers
Become known for long hair among my coworkers
performed a dramatic bun drop that elicited compliments and awe from passing strangers (admittedly, that one was accidental because my bun came loose, but it counts)

I still hope to:
Grow out my taper so that I have a big fat braid all the way to my booty
Grow a long enough braid to playfully whip people with (can't wait for this one!)
Tuck a braid (or loose locks) into a pants pocket (it might be a little bit damaging, but I so badly want to do this all casually in front of other people, just to see what would happen)

Entangled
September 1st, 2014, 02:58 PM
Oh, lucky you Veryhairyfairy! I yearn for thudworthy hair someday... BSL hair doesn't impress anyone here.

gthlvrmx
September 1st, 2014, 03:46 PM

And I'd love to do full-blown Elisabeth of Austria hairstyles - those are definitely epic! :D

Me too! That would be a perfect moment! And then walking around outside with your hair loose in the wind would be perfect :)

Sunny_side_up
September 2nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
My hair was in a double pony today, not the claw clip & it was pointed out that my hairs "getting longer" I like the idea of getting to bsl & wearing it down more, I would maintain at that length, & see if I would want it longer.

dogzdinner
September 2nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Grow a long enough braid to playfully whip people with (can't wait for this one!)

So far all Ive managed is to smack myself in the face with my braid!

Not sure I have much of a goal in mind but I would love to be able to do some impressive buns that made people ooh and aah. So far all I can manage is the 'braid and squash it all in a scrunchy' bun and its usually a sad and lopsided little thing!
I think Id need classic or longer hair to really feel it was special (where I live waist length is pretty normal for folks).

chen bao jun
September 2nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
I want to reach the moment when my hair looks like my aunt's. A fat braid to my waist. And (drumroll, please!) I want it to feel as soft and pleasant to touch as it does right now, which I never would have believed was possible two years ago.

peachyleshy
September 2nd, 2014, 05:41 PM
Really just the moment I feel like I really have long hair. Because I've always wanted long hair and have never had it. And I'd like others to notice the length and think it is reallly long, rare, and pretty.
Also, I'd like to feel like I'd imagine feeling, having long hair. Like maybe I would feel like a princess or a painting :p

Freija
September 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
I have a new moment, thanks to a truly awesome possible planned LHC meet: walking into the George Michael salon next October with past-hip-length hair, so that it actually feels long. : )

Quixii
September 2nd, 2014, 06:36 PM
I'm just growing it because I like it.

But I have to say the first thing that came to mind for "epic hair moment" was a couple years back, I was wearing a corset and such with my hair down because I was at a convention, and I was walking down the street. A little girl grabbed her mom's hand and shouted, "Look Mommy, a princess!" I think I'll always treasure that. :)

fiğrildi
May 2nd, 2016, 09:26 AM
I had an epic hair moment today, so I had to revive this thread.

For 7 months, I have been wearing my hair in a bun for work, so my coworkers had never seen my length. Today I was free, and I went to take some pictures at the workplace (with my hair down and loose). Ahh, none of them said anything... but you could see in their faces how surprised and speechless they were :o.

I had another epic hair moment last week, with someone who had never seen my length either. She walked in the room and she couldn't help exclaiming "wow, you have very long hair!".

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2016, 09:41 AM
Mine will be when I have reached my longest goal length EVER in 65 years ~ TBL

Quixii and fiğrildi ~ you both have epic hair already :thud:

Wusel
May 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
I want to show all the people who dislike me (and there are many because I'm so divisive) how "excessively special" I am.
Having the longest hair of the City.
I want to smack them with my appearance. :flasher:

AND: Of course, I want to look like Crystal :crush: on stage one day :)

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2016, 09:50 AM
I want to show all the people who dislike me (and there are many because I'm so divisive) how "excessively special" I am.
Having the longest hair of the City.
I want to smack them with my appearance. :flasher:

Surely you must do that NOW....you are beautiful....and special! :flowers:

Maybe that's why they don't like you :wink:

Or maybe you just think they don't like you:hmm:

Wusel
May 2nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Surely you must do that NOW....you are beautiful....and special! :flowers:

Maybe that's why they don't like you :wink:

Or maybe you just think they don't like you:hmm:

Thank you :) :flower:
No... I know that there are many who dislike me because I'm... different. I don't disappear in the crowd even when I want to.
I don't really know or understand why it is so but there are only people who either love me or hate me. Nothing in between. It's always been like this. I've spent decades of my life trying to accommodate and failed completely so, one day I finally came to the conclusion that I'd better embrace and celebrate my being strange and different. :rollin: :bounce: :D

cailinbee
May 2nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
No... I know that there are many who dislike me because I'm... different. I don't disappear in the crowd even when I want to.
I don't really know or understand why it is so but there are only people who either love me or hate me. Nothing in between. It's always been like this. I've spent decades of my life trying to accommodate and failed completely so, one day I finally came to the conclusion that I'd better embrace and celebrate my being strange and different. :rollin: :bounce: :D

I know the feeling! It's one thing to want attention, it's another to want to make a statement that you're okay with yourself, and okay with being different. I'm not really an attention seeker but I like it when people realize I'm okay with going against the grain. Is that what you mean?

It's funny, before I was researching ways to keep my hair healthy while growing it out, and encountered this board, I just thought of long hair as being sort of a way of conforming to typical femininity. That short hair is the "attention grabber" or "rebellious" choice. Totally not true. I think everyone expresses themselves differently and long hair can be just as much of a statement as a pixie cut -- if not more, since it's high maintenance!

fiğrildi
May 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quixii and fiğrildi [/B]~ you both have epic hair already :thud:

Wow, I can't believe you put me into the same category as Quixii... *swoon*. :thud: :love:

Wusel, I'm quite sure that the people who dislike you are jealous of you at some level (talent, looks, etc.). Some people would kill to be "special" or to shine in a crowd, but they were born average and will remain so forever (which can trigger bitter feelings). I think it's wonderful that you're embracing your uniqueness, and I admire you for that -I know first hand that takes some guts to do so-. :wink:

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
Yay :joy:

I would wager to guess as fiğrildi said....that they probably envy you.
I also admire you for having the courage to be authentically who you are :flowers:
It took me almost 50 years to just begin to scratch the surface and feel comfortable in my own skin.
It is only in the past few years that I had the courage to grow long and silver....with the support of LHC!

Wow, I can't believe you put me into the same category as Quixii.

Wusel, I'm quite sure that the people who dislike you are jealous of you at some level (talent, looks, etc.). Some people would kill to be "special" or to shine in a crowd, but they were born average and will remain so forever (which can trigger bitter feelings). I think it's wonderful that you're embracing your uniqueness, and I admire you for that -I know first hand that takes some guts to do so-. :wink:
I call it as I see it...GG never lies :D

cowgirllong
May 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
I always think my epic moment will be when I can do some fantabulous style. Right now, that is the Helix bun. It used to be the Hypnosis bun. I started growing my hair out to be able to do cool braids. I don't even know what they were now. That was long before YT. I suspect they would not be as impressive now as they once were.

cailinbee
May 2nd, 2016, 10:18 PM
Come to think of it, I think I would love to be able to do surprise bun drops / falls. I think that's what I'm working toward. But I also just tend to relax by running my fingers through my hair, so having more hair just generally makes that more satisfying? Very non-epic reason to grow it out, haha.

pili
May 3rd, 2016, 08:25 AM
I ant my hair long because I feel it is "me." Does that make sense? I feel like I've never been allowed to just be me. I've had waist length (mid-back curled) hair, but I would get frustrated at not knowing what to do with it. Good thing I found LHC! Now I feel like I can finally reach my goal and enjoy it.

ddiniz
May 4th, 2016, 04:28 PM

LOL :D

It was my dream too. See, the marriage will happen soon to me, but not the hair. I'm APL, there's no chances to go longer than that until the ceremony. :shrug:

pahbee
May 5th, 2016, 01:49 AM
My epic hair moment is when I reach the long, shiny, bouncy, and smooth hair of 7-year-old me's Disney princess dreams.

lithostoic
May 5th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Life-positive thought of the day. I would make a badass grey haired old woman.