PDA

View Full Version : Safe dye other than henna/indigo?

Flossiebell
August 29th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Hi All

I am growing my hair out again, currently at apl (almost). I have henna from the ears down. My natural colour is light brown (I think - I cannot post pics) with a few silvers and I am quite pale. I think I look washed out as my hair and face seem to blend in (meh!), and I've had comments saying I look really ill and I think it started when I stopped dying my hair darker with box dye about 4 years ago.

now I don't know what to do. I am concerned about ppds and things like that and I want to grow my hair with minimal damage. I can't use henna/indigo because it's too time consuming, didn't cover my silvers at all and just caused a lot of damage to my hair.

can anyone suggest a box dye available in the uk that isn't too bad? I only used baq henna from henna boy by the way.

thanks for any feedback, much appreciated x

BroomHilda
August 29th, 2014, 07:25 AM
You can use a typical 10-20% peroxide dye once on your virgin hair and not affect a lot its quality. That means, you can dye your roots with box dye and revive the color of your lenghts with a conditioning semi permanent dye (manic panic, directions, crazy color etc) which is non-damaging.
I would personally choose a professional hair dye that is sold separately from the peroxide solutions.

Just keep in mind to dye ONLY your virgin hair. You can protect your hair further using a heavy soak of coconut oil the night before (ktani's suggestion). Check here http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.ca/2009/11/part-1-of-3-part-series-on-innovative.html