PDA

View Full Version : Cassia made my hair look greasy.

cdonald2
August 28th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Ive washed it 3x today after my cassia treatment. I dont know what else to do :(

Ingrid
August 29th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Did you add anything else to the treatment? And what are you using to wash it out?

Dreams_in_Pink
August 29th, 2014, 03:54 AM
That's odd. It made my hair feel dryer when i was using it. Did you apply it on dirty hair?

cdonald2
August 29th, 2014, 08:09 AM
That's odd. It made my hair feel dryer when i was using it. Did you apply it on dirty hair?

Thats the odd part, ive clarified 3x including before i started applying the stuff. I just used powdered citric acid and warm water.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 29th, 2014, 08:24 AM
May i advise not using acid in any of your mixes? Back when i used lemon juice in my henna paste it really freaked out my scalp and i had unstoppable dandruff for 6 months straight. It's best not to mess with scalp's pH balance. Maybe the acid irritated your scalp and it's reacting by producing too much grease?

ETA: Maybe acid together with clarifying made your scalp overproduce oil? Clarifying also makes hair greasy in the long run.

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Clarifying also makes hair greasy in the long run.

Where did you get that? :)

Marika
August 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Could it be some kind of a "resin" (for lack of a better word)? My hair looks always greasy after hennaing, could be the same thing with cassia... I mix the henna with just warm water and apply it to clean hair. I rinse until the water is completely clear (I double-check squeezing my hair over white sink), so there really shouldn't be that much residue left in my hair. The greasy look goes away in a couple of days/washes.

cdonald2
August 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
It finally went away after i washed again today (rhyme unintended) Phew, good thing to remember. I hennaed my hair black once and had no reaction like this o.0. it was more dry and coarse if anything.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Clarifying is drying for the scalp and hair and dry scalp tends to overproduce oil, right?
(Not my own experience tho, my scalp hardly ever produces sebum. This is what i hear others saying.)

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Clarifying is drying for the scalp and hair and dry scalp tends to overproduce oil, right?
(Not my own experience tho, my scalp hardly ever produces sebum. This is what i hear others saying.)

My hair is clarified weekly, and I have oily hair. My hair normally needs washing 2 to 3 times a week, yet I've been stretching my washes to once a week - thanks in part to clarifying each time. So that's not oilier, quite the opposite. But this is just my experience.

I don't think you can just flat out say, in general, that clarifying causes greasy hair.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 30th, 2014, 07:44 AM
My hair is clarified weekly, and I have oily hair. My hair normally needs washing 2 to 3 times a week, yet I've been stretching my washes to once a week - thanks in part to clarifying each time. So that's not oilier, quite the opposite. But this is just my experience.

I don't think you can just flat out say, in general, that clarifying causes greasy hair.

i was just trying to diagnose OP's problem by saying what i know about oiliness and its causes. clarifying dries the scalp. Dryness might make scalp produce more oil. I'm suggesting not clarifying next time she applies cassia. Just because it made your scalp less oily doesn't mean every scalp will react the same way. There's no harm in ruling out a possibility.