PDA

View Full Version : I dyed my hair purple [Pictures!]

hypersensitive
August 28th, 2014, 05:16 PM
My hair is currently around 47 inches long, which is past classic on me. I had virgin hair up until yesterday I dip dyed the ends purple! I've been wanting to do this for the longest time and finally finally I did it. No regrets. I absolutely love the results.

I bleached sections of my underlayer from around hip length to the ends with 30 volume developer. I let it sit for 1.5 hours and then dyed it with Manic Panic Purple Haze, letting that sit for about 2 hours. It took a while and I was nervous about bleaching it myself for the first time but I used the Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit so it was pretty easy. I used less than half of the developer but used the whole jar of purple dye.

If you have any questions, just comment below. Without further ado, here are the results!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12741&d=1409262872

Indoor light, no flash

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12740&d=1409262870

Indoor light, flash

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12739&d=1409262869

After bleach (scary!!) and after Manic Panic dye:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12742&d=1409263310

With wet hair and indoor flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12743&d=1409263312

Indoor light:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12738&d=1409262867

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12744&d=1409263711

Thanks for looking! Manic Panic is holding up really well. I had used Manic Panic before, but on top of my virgin dark brown hair, the dye was not this vibrant and it washed out really fast. I hope this time I will be able to keep it longer. I also have 2 more bottles because I plan on redying after it fades- that's how much I love it!

Update (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125748&p=2844290&viewfull=1#post2844290)!

lapushka
August 28th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I think it looks great! Keep the ends well moisturized though!

RapunzelKat
August 28th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Oh, it looks great, hypersensitive! :D I love purple. Bet it looks really cool when your hair is up, too!

jacqueline101
August 28th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I love it it looks great.

Ingrid
August 28th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I think it looks lovely! I've always admired purple/lavender hair. I've been tempted to dip-dye my ends for quite some time now but they're so damaged that I'm not sure they'll hold up. I'm glad you love the result!

kaydana
August 28th, 2014, 06:00 PM
It looks gorgeous!

velorutionista
August 28th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I love the purple peeking out of the ends!

browneyedsusan
August 28th, 2014, 08:14 PM
So pretty! Very nice work! :)

Larki
August 28th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!!

BrendaLoan
August 28th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Love it!!! Looks amazing, so pretty :o

Khristopher
August 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I absolutely LOVE it!!! :thud: some serious hair envy over here :p it looks really nice with your natural color too. Glad you're enjoying it!

ErinLeigh
August 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM
This is GORGEOUS. I knew I would like it when I read the title but it looks better even than I thought. I love how its bold but subtle. Its perfect. Congratulations.

MountainMane
August 28th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Hi hypersensitive! I am new here. I can't view your profile :( I was curious if you have an explanation on how your hair grew so fast in two years? It is lovely :blossom:

Tini'sNewHair
August 28th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Oh I love it! Ive always loved purple (my fav, blueberry purple). Your hair is so gorgeous! Inlove!!

hypersensitive
August 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Thanks lapushka! Deep treatments are an absolute must at this point!

Thanks RapunzelKat! Yeah! I can't wait to try some updos!

Thanks jacqueline101

Thanks Ingrid! You should do it someday, though! It's so much fun!

Thanks kaydana

Thanks velorutionista! I didn't want super obvious color. I'm glad it came out the way I wanted!

Thank you browneyedsusan! It took the whole day! ><

Thanks Larki!

Thakns BrendaLoan! I love it because it's purple haha. I'm pretty bias.

Thank you so much Khristopher! It's pretty awesome so far. :cloud9:

ErinLeigh! Aww you are too kind! Thank you so much!!

Tini'sNewHair, blueberry purple sounds delicious! After this fades, I'm doing a blue that fades to a purple. It looks super cool too! Thanks for the compliment!

Johannah
August 29th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I LOVE it! Normally I'm not the biggest fan of such things, but this is amazing!

Federica
August 29th, 2014, 03:17 AM
I'm in love with your hair since ever... I think the purple ends are great on you.
Very good job!

fiğrildi
August 29th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Aaah, I LOVE it!! That is an amazing colour, and it suits your mane so well, you have another hair fan here! :thud:

pixldust
August 29th, 2014, 03:43 AM
What a gorgeous shade of purple, and you have the perfect natural colour to complement it. It really looks lovely! :crush: After wanting to do it for a long time it's great that you decided to go for it

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I LOVE it! Normally I'm not the biggest fan of such things, but this is amazing!

Yeah, after my bleach/dye incident, it scares me. But this looks way amazing! The transition to the purple is so nice! I would no longer dare do something like this on my hair, but I love this. I just do!

jacqueline101
August 29th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks lapushka! Deep treatments are an absolute must at this point!

Thanks RapunzelKat! Yeah! I can't wait to try some updos!

Thanks jacqueline101

Thanks Ingrid! You should do it someday, though! It's so much fun!

Thanks kaydana

Thanks velorutionista! I didn't want super obvious color. I'm glad it came out the way I wanted!

Thank you browneyedsusan! It took the whole day! ><

Thanks Larki!

Thakns BrendaLoan! I love it because it's purple haha. I'm pretty bias.

Thank you so much Khristopher! It's pretty awesome so far. :cloud9:

ErinLeigh! Aww you are too kind! Thank you so much!!

Tini'sNewHair, blueberry purple sounds delicious! After this fades, I'm doing a blue that fades to a purple. It looks super cool too! Thanks for the compliment!

You're welcome.

hypersensitive
August 29th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the support, Johannah!

Thank you, Federica! Black goes with everything! haha

Aah, thank you, fiğrildi for the thud!

Yes as they say, YOLO. Thanks, pixldust!

Thanks, lapushka! I'm so relieved it turned out well.

stargazer616
August 29th, 2014, 08:45 PM
That's beautiful and very purple!

AmberJewel
August 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
It does look pretty cool! Unfortunately I don't see myself ever dying my hair at all. It's already on the thinner side and super brittle in spite of being all-virgin hair.

Horrorpops
August 30th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Such a lovely shade - it looks great on you! :)

Chalky
August 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
When I read the title I immediately thought of Lane Kim from Gilmore Girls when she died her hair purple and freaked out because it was like neon :D That was a funny episode.
Your hair looks amazing! You have such a beautiful shade of purple I bet it looks different under different lights. Also, that length :agape:

Nebulae
August 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM
That looks so amazing! It blends in perfectly with your natural hair, like it's completely normal that your ends turn purple. :D

I just have to add a :thud: before I leave!

Jennwith4
August 30th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Love the purple!

mariakatija
August 30th, 2014, 05:47 PM
The color look great! Very pretty

hypersensitive
August 30th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks stargazer616! I love purple!

Thanks AmberJewel! It's not for everybody and I probably will not bleach again in the near future. It was scary!

Thank you Horrorpops!

Haha I don't recall that epi but I can imagine her freaking out! Thank you Chalky for the compliments! Yes, it does look different under different lighting, which makes it so much more fun.

Haha thanks, Nebulae. Oh didn't you know? Everyone's hair turns purple when it gets to a certain length. =p Thanks for the thud!

Thanks, Jennwith4! Me too!!

Thank you, mariakatija!

hypersensitive
October 9th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Update:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13734&d=1412916342

I redyed my hair to add an ombre Special Effects in addition to the Manic Panic. This picture is today with faded (8 washes) of Blue Velvet on the bottom tips and redyed and already faded (5 washes) Purple Haze above it. I love how the two colors look when first applied and also how they combine to mellow out over time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Teufelchen
October 10th, 2014, 07:07 AM
The effect with the purple ends looks stunning. I really love the look.

Lady Mary
October 13th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Love your hair, both different color versions that you did. Completely lovely!

renarok
October 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Your hair is really lovely! I'm sure the color glows in the sun!