PDA

View Full Version : Do you condition after a protein treatment?

Tap Dancer
September 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
I bought some Hask Henna 'n Placenta from Sally's today. I'm going to use it Thursday morning. I've used it before, but it was 2-3 years ago. I can't remember if I deep conditioned afterward or not. What do you guys do?

spidermom
September 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
The last time I had a protein treatment, the stylist followed it with a moisture pack. Both treatments were Joico products, and my hair felt and looked wonderful afterwards.

Anje
September 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
I would definitely condition afterward (but I find henna drying anyway, without the added protein).

lora410
September 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
The last time I had a protein treatment, the stylist followed it with a moisture pack. Both treatments were Joico products, and my hair felt and looked wonderful afterwards.

Spidermom your hair always looks lovely!!!! as for the henna and placenta, I simply just rinse as indicated.

Tap Dancer
September 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I probably followed the directions on the back before, but I'll definitely condition the length afterward this time. Thanks! :)

Buddaphlyy
September 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
You should. Protein treatments strength and rebuild the hair, so they tend to leave it a little "harder" than before. You need a moisture treatment afterward to counteract the effect.