PDA

View Full Version : Hair bucket list

kganihanova
August 28th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hi y'all! I decided to make a thread saying what you want to do with your hair at some point in your life.

I'll start:
- get a cute chin length thinned out bob
- PIXIE!!
- Heat style every dang day (short hair)
- dye my hair purple
- do blue streaks
- super long hair (thigh +)

I chose this because I cannot professionally dye my hair crazy colors right now- maybe after I get a job................ and chin length bobs look good on me if maintained and I don't have the money for hair appointments right now. I want a pixie at some point, just because they are so gosh darn cute and I can heat style the sh*t out of it.

martyna_22
August 28th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I'm eventually considering getting some layers, maybe cutting shorter at some point. And I think that's it. I just don't look good with shorter hair :)

Knifegill
August 28th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Dreadlocks

Quasiquixotic
August 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Helix bun.
Wear crazy hair toys
Have classic length white hair - *think rags*, crystawni, wyllowyn, stormynights, teazel -esque hair.

Stray_mind
August 28th, 2014, 09:36 AM
A pixie cut
Dark blue hair
Black hair
A chin lenght bob

That's all i can think of right now. Of course i'm not going to do it soon... :)

Zesty
August 28th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Classic length. It's not really my goal right now, but I'd like to have hair that long once in my life. We'll see if I have the patience after starting over from scratch!

meteor
August 28th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Experiencing hair of all possible colours!

Wearing as many historical hairstyles as possible: a few Roman hairstyles, Renaissance styles, 18th c. styles worn by Marie-Antoinette, and of course 19th c. Sissi hairstyles!

fiðrildi
August 28th, 2014, 09:57 AM
-Henna
-Dark brown hair
-Super long (mid-tight)
-Rainbow hair, or some strand in a weird colour
-And I would like to know how it feels like being 1a!

I used to have a single very long dreadlock for years, and actually thought about dreadlocking my full head, but I'm not into that anymore, for the moment :)

PrincessBob
August 28th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Get pampered at a George Michael salon and do a hair photoshoot soon after (not likely anytime soon)
Learn how to sleep with my hair in a bun (after 20 years of trying, you would think I could come up with an actual solution to this, my braid has begun crawling across the bed, and I wake lying on it with bruises from where it dug in to my back, neck or hip. A bun would at least be easily localized. :()
Dye some portion (thinking last 10 inches or so) of it fantastic and unnatural colors
Cut in long collarbone length"bangs". (I used to love to frame my face with my grown out bangs, sometimes braided, very 1997 style and as I recall the first "cute" thing I did with my hair as a teen._
Have a sturdy NativWomn organizer for my accessories
Have a head of Gumball style braids (Seriously. :thud:) and do a photoshoot after.

Stormynights
August 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Helix bun.
Wear crazy hair toys
Have classic length white hair - thing rages, crystawni, wyllowyn, stormynights, teazel -esque hair.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this. I always wanted to have long gray hair that someone considered beautiful. Now I feel like I made it. Thank you Lady Q so much for a wonderful compliment.

I had a toy bucket list. Sadly I broke a bucket list toy the first time I put it in my hair. The only one I have left on my list is a TT. After breaking a precious toy so fast I am in no hurry for another expensive toy.

Johannah
August 28th, 2014, 10:25 AM
-Have BCL hair with a super thick hemline, and as a consequence, have gorgeous big buns
-Maybe grow out my bangs some day. I got blunt bangs since I was a child and try to grow them out once, but I didn't like my face without them.
-Have some sort of a hair photoshoot when I reach my goal. That one is definitely possible :D
-Have an amazing beautiful collection of hair toys! I'm busy with this one :lol:
-And especially: shock people in a couple of years with my hair. I've been bullied in high school and in three years my school will organize a reunion.

Quasiquixotic
August 28th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this. I always wanted to have long gray hair that someone considered beautiful. Now I feel like I made it. Thank you Lady Q so much for a wonderful compliment.

I had a toy bucket list. Sadly I broke a bucket list toy the first time I put it in my hair. The only one I have left on my list is a TT. After breaking a precious toy so fast I am in no hurry for another expensive toy.

Aww well you have stunning hair :)

What did you break and what else is in your bucket list?

kganihanova
August 28th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I would love to be able to afford a GM salon visit!!

Stormynights
August 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Aww well you have stunning hair :)

What did you break and what else is in your bucket list?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/194128428/highly-twisted-hairfork-handcaved-from Can you believe I never got to wear this beautiful fork? I think I am going to get this replaced. Johannes Prinz is very kind and a real artist. I still want to cry everytime I think about it. I want a TT stick and a LI stick and then I will have all my dreams for toys complete.

neko_kawaii
August 28th, 2014, 11:12 AM
+shaved
+bleached and died bright orange
+pixie
+bob
+henna
+purple
+perm

-terminal
-dreads
-silver
-master all the LHC updos

I wish I could afford a GM visit, but honestly I'd rather spend that kind of money on clothes, jewelry, or hair toys.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 28th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hmmm... Already done quite a few to be honest... I can check off

-bob
-shoulder length
-layers
-side bangs
-straight across bangs
-perm
-black wash out
-blue-black washout
-permanent streak of a colour (turned out black was my choice :3)
-waist length

Now on to:

-continue growing out bangs
-TBL with blunt
-classic with U
-once the bangs are grown into the U I would really enjoy a centre part again :)
-learn to do a basket weave on my own head

and last but not least:

grow old with long hair... I think mine will be a light grey or white (already have gotten a few of those shades on occasion)

Hootenanny
August 28th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Pixie was on my bucket list, which is why I got one about 4 years ago. As a child I wanted to have straight hair, and I attained that for years using chemicals and heat-styling. I'm glad I experimented with the pixie and straightening, because now it's all out of my system. The only non-natural thing I'd still like to do is dye part of my hair some crazy color(s). I'd absolutely love to have rainbow hair, for example. If I were a natural blond, I'd have done it years ago!

Otherwise, my bucket list for my hair is basically why I'm at LHC: I want very long, healthy hair that I can put into a variety of updos. :)

lunasea
August 28th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I'm in the long, silver hair camp. Hope I make it!

FallingDarkness
August 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Dye my hair black for sure. Black hair is sooo pretty, and I'm stuck with blonde hair. :(
At one point in my life I want to try a perm too, but I'm afraid of the damage. For both dying my hair AND for getting a perm. Neither of those things could be nice for my hair... :/
And of course, make it to hip length. But by then I'll probably want an even longer length LOL

missblueeyes
August 28th, 2014, 02:14 PM
My hair has been through a lot already so my bucket list is quite short.
- waist to hip long virgin hair with no bangs
- master a lot of buns
- learn how to use hair toys
- leave my hair alone and don't dye it again
- except maybe an ombrè or subtle highlights.

Firefox7275
August 28th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Grow to waist, maybe even hip if damage not too severe
Pink-purple ombre/ dip dye
Have Scott Musgrave or PurpleBubba cut and style my hair
Pastel rainbow hair (once hair is mostly white)
Own and wear a boatload of cool hair toys.

Madora
August 28th, 2014, 02:27 PM
My hair is now 62" inches long!!! 5 feet of hair (not all of it, of course but still). I've got all fingers crossed that I'll be able to down to the GM salon in Beverly Hills, CA next May and have the whole GM treatment done again...and depending on time afterwards, maybe getting a special braided do (if they have anything that tempts me).

makeminea99
August 28th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I've done super-short hair, so I'm not fussed about doing THAT again unless I really have to . . .
I'd like to get my hair to classic, and have my natural colour at that length, too! Hey, I've 1 inch roots . . . it's a start! :)

Larki
August 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Make it to knee-length, manage a crown braid. :D Quite a boring, tiny list - I've never had the urge to dye my hair or cut it short, anything crazy like that.

chen bao jun
August 28th, 2014, 02:59 PM
My bucket list would be:
Have a thick, BCL length braid of natural hair. (but if I can't get that, want a thick, BSL braid).
Stop buying hairtoys.

I've done a lot with my hair in my time and am just tired of doing stuff. I've had an afro, I've had braid outs, I've had flat-ironed hair, I've had relaxed hair, I had it cut off right next to my head, I've had layers. I even dyed it purple once (but you couldn't see the purple).
Now I just want my natural hair, completely virgin and as long and healthy as possible.

Freija
August 28th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Learn how to crown plait; cultivate the perfect softly-layered/point-cut deep U-shaped hem, with the shortest pieces still below BSL; grow my hair enough for a self-holding bun. Grow out all traces of reddish dye.

Go for a full GM treatment. Find a hairdresser who will help me to maintain my perfect U-hem without messing it up (dry cutting will be a must).

jacqueline101
August 28th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Take a decent selfie
Grow to tailbone
Try a wild color again
I want to have hair so shiny it's seen in outer space

GetMeToWaist
August 28th, 2014, 04:52 PM
TBL hair
Crown braid
Weekly washing
U shape hem
Cassia

Nellon
August 28th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I feel I already have done the "crazy" part of it :)
ETA: Bright red mowhikan: check! bright red layered hair: check! Bleached almost white hair: check! bangs: oh yes! shaved head: yup! Black hair, red hair, brown hair: yes box!

So, now on to henna continuously, and grow it looong! Boring huh? :)

minxe
August 28th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I definitely want Guy Tang to do my hair! His instagram is full of lovely long ombred hair :crush: I'd like a pretty rose gold color.

Tailbone length!

And maybe some color glosses. My virgin hair is nice but I want to play with color.

HairFaerie
August 28th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Let's see...I've already had lots of pixies in my lifetime. I had tailbone length hair as a child and almost waist as an adult. I had a Mohawk and blue hair, so I can cross those things off my list. What's left?

- George Michael products
- Tailbone length or longer as an adult
- A visit and pampering at a GM salon, I suppose. Why not?
- Healthy, strong, beautiful hair as it grows long
- Super long, Gray/white hair as I "mature"

Hele
August 28th, 2014, 06:03 PM
https://www.etsy.com/listing/194128428/highly-twisted-hairfork-handcaved-from Can you believe I never got to wear this beautiful fork? I think I am going to get this replaced. Johannes Prinz is very kind and a real artist. I still want to cry everytime I think about it. I want a TT stick and a LI stick and then I will have all my dreams for toys complete.

i think a small part of me would be kind of proud of breaking a Schnitztube, that can't be easy! It'd be like if i broke one of my Elymwolds, i'd be quite upset but i'd also be a little bit impressed with my hair for having done it.

i think i've already done a lot of the hair bucket stuff. I've shaved my head, i've had hair as long as knee length, and i've bleached and dyed it all sorts of unnatural colors. I do want to dye the ends some loud color once i've reached goal and i'd like a nice pair of horns to wear in my hair. And i'm looking forward to having a classic length braid again. I'm also looking forward to my hair going completely white! And now that i'm thinking about it i'd like to get a professional length shot done once it's longer, in case i never grow it out again. And most boring of all i'd like to one day figure out a way to put it up that's 100% unescapable when i sleep!

Kitten1030
August 28th, 2014, 06:22 PM
My heart dropped when I clicked this. I would cry too.
My bucket list:
-finally letting my vanity go and never dying my hair again
-doing something other than a lazy wrap competently
-get to tailbone
-have at least one toy from each of my favorite makers

dazeydayze
August 28th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I definitely want Guy Tang to do my hair! His instagram is full of lovely long ombred hair :crush: I'd like a pretty rose gold color.

Tailbone length!

And maybe some color glosses. My virgin hair is nice but I want to play with color.

I agree with minxe! I would love to have Guy Tang do my hair. His ombres look flawless! Unfortunately he's not taking any new clients anytime soon, or else I'd be taking a trip out to Los Angeles! Sooo amazing! As for other things on my bucket list.. Well, I definitely want 100% virgin tailbone length hair, which I'm working on right now. Also, I sometimes daydream about having platinum blonde hair, but I'm not so sure it would look good against my peaches and cream skin tone.. :) fun thread.. I can live out my fantasies here without all the damage! LOL

velorutionista
August 28th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Mine's pretty short (for now, I'm sure I'll come up with more as it goes along!)
--TBL hennaed hair (working on this one...grow hair grow!!)
--when/if I hit tailbone, I'd like to dye the bottom (maybe 10-12") bright turquoise!

Caldonia Sun
August 28th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Grow out the bangs.

dellad
August 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Mine is easy for most people but difficult for me: learn to do a french braid. I still can't do one...sigh.

EdG
August 28th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Make a bun that doesn't immediately fall apart.
Ed

Stormynights
August 28th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Ed you are just so cute. I have been wanting to say that for a long time.

EdG
August 28th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Ed you are just so cute. I have been wanting to say that for a long time.:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
Ed

Santi
August 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Short term bucket list:
Learn to braid properly
Make an appointment at the Scott Musgrave Hair Salon in North Carolina when i'm ready to end my transition
Grow to BSL

Long term:
Love my hair
Grow to WL
Make an appointment w/ Shai Amiel in Cali.

woodswanderer
August 28th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Henna
Dip dye

Man, my list is short.

Creagan
August 28th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Learn to french braid
Learn to do a fishtail braid
Learn to do something with my no-longer-bangs that doesn't involve a headband, but also doesn't mean I start yanking out baby-hair in frustration when it tickles my face
See what getting a haircut by a professional is like
Figure out how to cut my own hair if I learn I hate salons
Buy more hairsticks

Johannah
August 29th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Ed you are just so cute. I have been wanting to say that for a long time.

This made me smile! :D

Carolyn
August 29th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I'd like to learn some more buns and remember the names.

Buy more hair toys.

Grow to waist again.

That's about it. I've done everything else I've wanted to do with it. The only thing on my original hair bucket list was to grow to waist and I've done that and gone on to tailbone. I have no desire to have short hair, crazy colors, dreadlocks or the like. I've been to a GM salon a few times. The longer I am here, the fewer hair desires I have.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 29th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I would love to try getting to terminal length at some point in my life, but i'm afraid i may not be able to handle hair longer than knee length (not sure if i have terminal length THAT long tho)

apynip
August 29th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Finished
Grow hair to longest it's ever been(BSL)
Learn to trim own hair

To do
Grow out natural hair to BSL+ without killing it with peroxide dyes(Henna ok)
Grow length of hair to Classic
Stop dying hair once grey's start.
Master lots of buns.
Find terminal(Most of my family favours short bob cuts since the 20's)

kganihanova
August 29th, 2014, 07:19 AM
It seems like a lot of older people have short lists because of their experiences. Safe to say?

Stormynights
August 29th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Yep. Already done it all.

kganihanova
August 29th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Yep. Already done it all.

I can't wait til I'm there! Until than, that cute chin length bob is gonna be in mind's eye.

kganihanova
August 29th, 2014, 07:59 AM
http://hairstylespedia.tk/wp-content/uploads/amanda-peet-with-bob-chin-length-hairstyle-8.jpg

I want this, not now but later maybe.

Crumpet
August 29th, 2014, 09:41 AM
My hair has had a fairly boring existence and I fear its bucket list is equally boring:

Grow to hip (maybe longer?)
Grow out layers
Learn some braiding techniques on layerless hair (braids look silly on me now)
Go to the GM salon
Get my wavy hair to behave when I want it to

RUNAWAYCHIC006
July 9th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Minxe, omg I do too. I was looking through his photos a few months ago and fell in love. It is too bad he is not taking new clients. The waiting list used to be around 2 years!

amino
July 9th, 2015, 07:35 PM
My hair bucket list is also pretty simple... though I'm a bit of a change from the "rule" of being older and not wanting to experiment any more because of it. Thus far I've had a pixie to TBL length in my life, and bangs, so that's about it.

But, the list of things I'd like:

- Grow out to classic and a little bit beyond. Then, in cycles of "grow to X length, try this, cut it back to classic, grow a few more inches":
- Henna
- Crazy blue or red or something.
- Learn the backlog of buns from the Hairstyle of the Month
- Do at least one crazy intricate braid style
- Have a silver/white mane. I want both... but not too soon! :D Maybe 30-50 years down the road for the white. (20 now)

Things I'm toying with:
- Growing out to what my terminal length might be (so basically... let it grow with minimal trims and then see where its stall point is after 5-7 years).

Things I'm kind of tempted to do but not really:
- Start from bald. Seems like too much though. I know I want long hair for the foreseeable future.

Nymphony
July 9th, 2015, 10:31 PM
- finally grow out these layers (almost there)
- even and thicken my hemline
- henna (maybe)
- grow to hip... or further!
- learn how to do more braids and buns (also do some braiding inspired from LOTR elves or/and disney princesses!)
- make my own hair toys

Aderyn
July 9th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Interesting thread to resurrect.

-Henndigo/Henndigo glossing
-Thicker hemline
-Grow to mid-thigh, just to see (and then cut back to classic, but you know.. :p)
-Learn more updos
-Make my own hairforks
-Get a silver/white/gray mane of hair
-Purple and/or blue streaks, with manic panic or chalk or something, just for funsies

Nymphony, you might want to add some Game of Thrones hairstyles to your learn how to do list! TorrinPaige has a lot of really great tutorials for hairstyle inspired by GoT. :D

Doreen
July 9th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Floor length.

tigress86
July 10th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Besides length goals, I would like to try crazy colors like purple or turquoise and get a sidecut one day.

Lauraes
July 10th, 2015, 12:44 AM
-Grow to TBL
-Grow out natural color
-Learn more styles

Winter Fox
July 10th, 2015, 01:06 AM
What a nice thread idea :D

- bleach my hair and dye it all blue/turquoise
- reach Classic at some point and maybe cut it back
- achive a yet black color
- cut a collarbone long bob

Those are the thing I really want to achive at some point of my hair career.

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Nymphony, you might want to add some Game of Thrones hairstyles to your learn how to do list! TorrinPaige has a lot of really great tutorials for hairstyle inspired by GoT. :D

Oh yes good idea!! Although I haven't seen the show, the hairstyles are beautiful! I just checked her tutorials and they looked surprisingly not too hard to replicate sp thank you for the tip! (playlist for the curious here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ54eM5_FbKY6wNUEF_7UO4SWh3sjfmJI))

Vorvayne
July 10th, 2015, 05:54 AM
I've done most of mine:

-Have long, bright red hair
-Try purple-black
-Wear hair straight for a while (it doesn't look as good, on reflection, as I thought it did)
-Go ultra-short

Still on my list:

-Grow to terminal, just to see where it is, then cut back a few inches for thickness.
-Grow old with long, silvering hair
-Learn how to make hairtoys!

missrandie
July 10th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Cut it to pixie. Check.
Be platinum blonde. Check.
Have pink streaks. Check.

Still to do:
Grow my hair to TBL with healthier ends and less taper than when I was 14.
Learn to do wild awesome bun styles.
Let myself go completely silver with long hair.

That's about it.

RUNAWAYCHIC006
July 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Ok, I'm fairly new so I am not going to try to set extremely high expectations, but my major one is no heat styling. I will allow myself to blow dry on a cool setting from time to time, but that's it . Secondly, no using round brushes if and when blow drying. They give me lots of volume but always end up damaging my hair! Things I want to try: Henna for more than 2 hours. Cassia for glossy, stronger hair.

woolyleprechaun
July 10th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I think I've done most of the things that I can do with my hair already. Its been every colour under the sun, its been curly and straight, its been shaved and bleached, sides shaved, fringes put in and grown out...yup, I'm done.
These days all I want is more length! Sad, aren't I?

dancingrain91
July 10th, 2015, 10:11 AM
My bucket list is short. grow to terminal at least once.

restless
July 10th, 2015, 01:45 PM
My hair bucket list is pretty short, I feel like Ive already done most of the things I wanted to do.

Thus far Ive tried:
*dark brown and pitch black dye
*every length between earlobe and hip
*a heavily layered emo cut...
*super straight flat ironed hair
*a fringe. I tried it several times even and never did it look good :shake:

What Id like to try:
*tbl or maybe even classic length hair
*dye it pink with manic panic or something once its all silver

(and then theres this "it aint gonna happen, but still"-thing on my bucket list too. Im curious what my hair would look like if bleached blonde. However, it would fry my poor, frail hair completely so I wont even attempt it. But still.)

Lesa Marie
July 10th, 2015, 02:25 PM
As long as my thyroid will let me grow it.

Laurenji
July 10th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Things I really want to do with my hair:

An undercut, possibly with cool designs shaved into it
A pixie
Bleach and dye my hair a crazy unnatural color (turquoise, purple, pink, blue)
A braid so long that it can wrap around my head
classic length white hair, like the Great Grandmother in the The Princess and the Goblins

I think I've successfully cured myself of wanting dreadlocks, thank goodness.

cat11
July 10th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Helix bun.
Wear crazy hair toys
Have classic length white hair - *think rags*, crystawni, wyllowyn, stormynights, teazel -esque hair.

-The classic length white hair is definately on mine. My grandmother got white hair instead of grey so I hope I'm as lucky.
-crown braid
-knee length hair
-helix bun
-have black hair again for awhile once I start going grey
-knee length black hair
-floor length hair
-dark, dark purple hair. Like if I covered the black with purple.
-impressive looking chinese bun
-odango that actually are long enough to resemble sailor moon
-maybe have bangs again at some point

lapushka
July 10th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I guess growing to classic was on my bucket list. Now finally after 10 years of dyeing, perming, wrecking my hair (cutting back to chin twice), I grew beyond BSL and am now within half an inch of classic length. Yaaay. :cheer:

Marette
July 10th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Two scenarios:
1st: Live to be old with WL silver-white hair up in a soft, full bun with those beautiful dangling wisteria hair ornaments like Zhang Ziyi wore in "Memoirs of a Geisha"
2nd scenario:
1960s-style short "bubble"' or "petal" cut (Liz Taylor wore one to the Oscars and they called it an "artichoke")
Put a temporary pink rinse in the above when the mood strikes :)
Buy a 1956 Thunderbird to drive around in - oops - off topic! ;)

Marette
July 10th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Cut it to pixie. Check.
Be platinum blonde. Check.
Have pink streaks. Check.

Still to do:
Grow my hair to TBL with healthier ends and less taper than when I was 14.
Learn to do wild awesome bun styles.
Let myself go completely silver with long hair.

That's about it.

That sounds like my bucket list! May we both get our wish!

surruh
July 10th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Currently working on my goal of having all virgin hair at my goal length of around hip-TBL.

I need to have pastel hair at some point in my life. If ever I feel ready to sacrifice some length to bleach damage I'll do it.

Dreads are tempting... But seem like such a commitment and I don't know if I'd even look good with them, so I don't know if that will ever happen.

Aderyn
July 10th, 2015, 10:30 PM
For dreadlocks, surruh, you can always dread them and then detangle them. It is quite a process and requires a lot of time and conditioner, but it can be done!

I guess growing to classic was on my bucket list. Now finally after 10 years of dyeing, perming, wrecking my hair (cutting back to chin twice), I grew beyond BSL and am now within half an inch of classic length. Yaaay. :cheer:

Yay!!! :cheese:

HappyHair87
July 10th, 2015, 10:46 PM
-I want to stretch my hair out and have it be Hip Length.

-After that, I want to grow my hair to a full Mid Back length in its curly state.

-Fresh looking ends

-Go completely gray with my long curly hair.

Is that too much to ask? Lol! :lol:

poli
July 10th, 2015, 11:25 PM
- have a LOTR worthy hair
- dye some hair pink/purple
- get a dreadlock

surruh
July 11th, 2015, 12:24 AM
For dreadlocks, surruh, you can always dread them and then detangle them. It is quite a process and requires a lot of time and conditioner, but it can be done!

Yay!!! :cheese:

I have heard of this. Do you know how much damage this is likely to cause though? My hair is fine and already thin so it really scares me!!!

oh and another thing on my list is to visit a George Michael salon

AmethystLily
July 11th, 2015, 12:28 AM
I know there are more I'll remember later, but these are some off the top of my head now:

Short term:
Grow to BSB/BSL.
Start wearing my flexi-8s (I sadly found that my SL hair's too thick to twist up or put up without a ponytail holder to start with; it's not that my flexi's won't fit; it's that my hair won't hold together and I need more length before trying again).
Wear a "bubble" ponytail.
Roller set (with or without heat)
Grow it long enough to be able to put in a hair stick/fork

Long term:
Grow to WL
Cut some bangs
Dye a few streaks of wild colors in front
Make and use a Paranda
Wear a thick long braid

Aderyn
July 11th, 2015, 03:25 AM
I have heard of this. Do you know how much damage this is likely to cause though? My hair is fine and already thin so it really scares me!!!

oh and another thing on my list is to visit a George Michael salon

It would probably be a bit damaging, but if you coat (and I mean coat) your hair in conditioner and take your time, the damage shouldn't be too crazy.

Agnes Hannah
July 11th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Grow to classic
Maintain at classic for some time (not sure how long!) cut out the damaged ends and reduce the taper.
Grow on down longer, maybe to thigh.
More intricate styles.

meteor
July 11th, 2015, 04:07 PM
- Growing hair long enough to be able to cover my whole body with it (it already covers everything but legs but I want more! :lol: ).
- Having extreme hairstyles done on my hair a few times, something futuristic, like this Jean-Paul Gautier braided fantasy hairstyle (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/42/2f/7a422f9da2653f7235260ccc2553af62.jpg), for example.
- Trying all possible vivid colors and color combinations (if chemists find ways of achieving it without the damage some day :cloud9: - I have some hopes for this nano-patterning etching technology (http://news.unm.edu/news/new-technology-allows-hair-to-reflect-almost-any-color), for example).

HairFaerie
July 11th, 2015, 04:58 PM
- Pixie - Check
- Mohawk - Check
- Blue hair - Check

Now, my bucket list is to grow to terminal and have it my natural color. Way easier said than done! :/

hannabiss
July 11th, 2015, 09:00 PM
My bucket list:

Grow to classic maintain till my bike ride

When I go on my 5year bike ride
maybe let it free form dreads. Or shave it all off before I go.

Suguru
July 11th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I have actually done most of the things on my hair bucket list in the last couple of years! I can now say that I have:
-Cut it from classic+ to BSL
-Cut layers into it
-Permed it
-Dyed it red
-Bleached it to a light blonde
-Dyed it dark brown
-Shaved it all off!

As I grow back out from bald I will get to experience a pixie and a bob, two other styles I wanted to try. And then I will grow it long again and hopefully at some stage tick off the last item on my hair bucket list:
-Terminal length hair

And I don't think I will ever be tempted to dye or perm it again as I have realised that my natural colour and texture suit me the best! I guess God knew what he was doing :)

Wusel
July 12th, 2015, 03:49 AM
A blonde streak in my bangs and a victory roll above my forehead like Imelda May. :)

LOOK AT THIS!!! AWESOME!!!

http://nobe.inpreparation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Imelda-May-pic1.jpg

Doreen
July 12th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Own/Wear a TT stick. They are so beautiful but just can't see myself being able to afford one even secondhand anywhere in the remotely near future. Ah well.

Mimha
July 12th, 2015, 05:11 AM
When I read the title and the few first posts I thought "cool ! let's dream a little and add my own wishes to the list !" and then I was like : "But what do I actually wish, hairwise ???"
... :writer:

Lol. Is it possible to have no wish ???? :confused: :confused:
Especially me : a huge daydreamer, living her life in imagination in order not to die of boredom...

I see 2 explanations :
a) I am pleased enough with my hair as it is
b) I am already dead

:misskim:

vpatt
July 12th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Lol, mimha.

I would like have hair below my waist. The longer the better. And the sooner the better! I have had my hair about an inch below waist when I was young.....I would like to grow it longer than that and I would like for it to be healthy. Kind of boring, I guess, lol.

Upside Down
July 12th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Go straight (my hair I mean :lol: )
Grow to tbl once in my life
Grow out silver hair at some point in life

Hmmmm that's it! Achievable???

AZDesertRose
July 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
My main one is terminal length. I'm curious as to how long my hair will get. I got it to classic and then got annoyed with the weight and cut it, but it was showing no signs of being anywhere near terminal at that point.

I just don't know if I have the patience to find out, LOL. :D

Arctic
July 12th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I have been trying to think about this... but I can't figure out one single thing that could be called hair related bucket list items. There are some things I would change about my hair if it would be possible, but bucket list isn't about what's impossible. There are also some things I am sort of curious about, yet I woudln't really be willing to do them probably after all.

I don't know if I should be pleased or worried, lol!

TaterTot
July 12th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Shaving my head was a bucket list item for me!
Now I am going for terminal with zero trimming :)