PDA

View Full Version : Hello, LHC. Long time, no see.

Zesty
August 26th, 2014, 12:48 PM
(I hope it's okay for me to reintroduce myself here on the Mane Forum.)

It's been over a year since my last post on here. Lots has happened. I graduated, I'm moved in with my FH in a new city, I'm getting married in 200 days, and... oh yeah, I cut alllll my hair off.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/Paisley_Love/2014-08-26143349_zps9f4ddd67.jpg (http://s110.photobucket.com/user/Paisley_Love/media/2014-08-26143349_zps9f4ddd67.jpg.html)

After having gotten maybe an inch past tailbone, in October I got it cut to my collarbone, donated 19 inches to Pantene (mostly so I wouldn't feel like all that growth was a waste), and called it a day. And I haven't regretted it. I haven't even missed it -- until 30 minutes ago. I miss being able to braid! I can still do things with it, even though it's short, thanks to skills given to me by the LHC. I can still do a five-strand Dutch braid, even at this length. So thanks, LHC! But I think I'm ready to grow again. :)

Two days ago I got several inches trimmed off to even everything out. (The original short haircut was longer in the front, and 5 inches of growth later it didn't look so great. It was a bit past APL, but I didn't take a length picture.) And I thought, this would be a great haircut to grow out. I'm thinking waist? And then we'll see. I'm sure it'll be way healthier, and probably thicker, than it was when I was at tailbone last, since I've got LHC habits from the get-go now, instead of acquiring them at waist length, and my stress shed is growing out.

TL;DR: I love you LHC, please take me back!

MeowScat
August 26th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Hello Dear! Great to see you again, I was wondering where you were. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials, graduation, new city and new roomie. Sounds like you've been just a tiny bit busy.

Your hair looks awesome, how will you wear it for your wedding? Will you have a headpiece and veil? Exciting stuff!

Welcome back! :)

laceyfairy
August 26th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome back!

cocolover
August 26th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Welcome back! I did a similar thing awhile back as well, and also recently returned to LHC. I went from waist to collar bone and didn't regret it at all. I put in layers, had bangs for over year, my hair was APL or shorter for quite awhile, I enjoyed all the different styles and lengths. I had several years of being very sick, and didn't want to mess with long hair. It was the right choice for me at the time. This year I started missing my long hair again and so I'm back to growing it out. Let's enjoy the new journey!

Angela_Rose
August 26th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Welcome home, busy bee!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Zesty
August 27th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Hello Dear! Great to see you again, I was wondering where you were. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials, graduation, new city and new roomie. Sounds like you've been just a tiny bit busy.

Your hair looks awesome, how will you wear it for your wedding? Will you have a headpiece and veil? Exciting stuff!

Welcome back! :)

Thanks! And I'm thinking a low side bun, curly but with more structured curls than a lot of the hairstyles I see on Pinterest. I think I should have enough length by then for something like that. And I'm wearing this veil from Etsy, in chapel length: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/217297582. So excited, I'm going to be a purdy princess. ;)

RapunzelKat
August 27th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Welcome back to the longhair side! :eyebrows:

Congratulations on your wedding! :bottomsup: That veil is beautiful, and your style sounds so pretty! I hope you'll share pics if you get a chance! :)

lapushka
August 27th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Hey, welcome back! :)

czech it out
August 27th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Welcome back! I always loved your hair photos - they reminded me a lot of my own hair except much longer at the time haha. I love the new cut, very sharp and stylish. Good luck with the new hair goals!