PDA

View Full Version : Show me your extreme Length for hair types _/F/i!

wool
August 25th, 2014, 03:35 PM
So I was browsing through trying to find threads for thin haired and theres a few floating around but other than that I haven't found any recent ones to celebrate the pictures of f/i's who've made it to great lengths! Pictures are one of my favorite parts of browsing through the forum so since my hair is 1a/f/i/ii Id like to see some more people of similar hair type who have gone to classic or beyond since that it my goal and most of the ladies there are ii/iii. So post as many pictures as you want and lets be supportive of each other to make it there as well since sometimes thin hair can be discouraging in its smallness and flatness! :D

lapushka
August 25th, 2014, 03:56 PM
How about a picture of your own hair. Your hair's pretty long already.

wool
August 25th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Im not sure I can upload yet, or how but its only just brushing waist and its a serious deep v so its varying from armpit length to waist. Maybe i did it wrong when edited my information but classic is my goal...ill check now and fix it

lapushka
August 25th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Im not sure I can upload yet, or how but its only just brushing waist and its a serious deep v so its varying from armpit length to waist. Maybe i did it wrong when edited my information but classic is my goal...ill check now and fix it

You can upload to any photohosting site and paste the URL in here. :)

Amapola
August 25th, 2014, 05:49 PM
<- There you go. I'm almost to classic. I think I was just at tailbone in that pic. And those are bun waves, BTW... my hair is stick-straight.

RapunzelKat
August 25th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Hey hairtwin! :waving:

Here you go - same hair type as you and I'm nearing fingertip. You can see the demarcation line between pre- and post-LHC hair. My growth since joining is thicker and more robust, but I'm still solidly a i/ii. (Also see the pic in my signature - it's a little older/shorter, but it's a better picture of my hair.)

This one was outdoors on a hot, windy day, so my hair was not at its best:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11539&d=1404088691

Caraid♫
August 25th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Here you go - same hair type as you and I'm nearing fingertip. You can see the demarcation line between pre- and post-LHC hair. My growth since joining is thicker and more robust, but I'm still solidly a i/ii. (Also see the pic in my signature - it's a little older/shorter, but it's a better picture of my hair.)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11539&d=1404088691
what a great example- your hair is completely beautiful!

RapunzelKat
August 25th, 2014, 07:27 PM
what a great example- your hair is completely beautiful!

Aw, thank you, Caraid♫! :flower:

Quasiquixotic
August 25th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Aspensong just posted a hair anniversary thread. She's got awesome thud worthy f/i hair.

Madora
August 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM

RapunzelKat, you hair looks terrific! What a gorgeous hemline!!

wool
August 25th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I can't see the pictures some i can some i can't i think because I'm still pretty new but as soon as I am up to 25 posts and get access to pictures Ill be revisiting to see! It gives me hope to know theres some on here that are more like my hair type! Im wondering what an i/ii would be since according to the post i read on hair typing it says under 2" i and over is ii but what about exactly on 2"? Im kinda still trying to figure out my hair type and routine and everything so other 1a/f/i/ii advice is always welcome. Also i believe my hair is low porosity which I'm still trying to learn about also! There is just so much on here to read and learn about! Also how do you tag just someone by their username without putting in the whole quote? Or are the names just put in bold?

Loviatar
August 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Exactly on 2" you could count as i/ii :) I'm afraid I know nothing much about porosity though!

There are some great "newbie" threads for people starting out - don't try too much at once like I did, would be my advice!

To quote a post, hit "reply with quote" under the message posted by someone else. You can't really tag people here, but if you want to do this: wool then you just type in these characters without spaces: [ b ]wool[ / b ] (or another username of course)

Hope that helps!

wool
August 25th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Thank you! I am starting by trying CWC (i think) and figuring out what types of conditioners and oils work for me...coconut is out it just gives my hair a oily appearance no matter how little i use so far jojoba seems to actually soak in and I'm curious to try argan but no matter what heavy oiling and oils are just too much for my fine hair and it becomes nearly impossible to get out! I also have been trying to stretch washes for years and i can't get past every other day again thanks to my fine thin hair the oil shows up unless i use a dry shampoo. Im trying cone free conditioners I've been pretty much cone free for a few years while just not using conditioner and eventually i think i want to try some cassia but ill try and take my time! I am super anxious for my hair to grow and to try everything but I'm going to try and stick to one thing for at least a month before trying a new routine/additions out! And i made it to 25 ! So thanks for the pictures Rapunzelcat and Amapola Such beautiful hair and great inspiration!

RapunzelKat
August 25th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I just realized that, in my original post, I referred to the past-classic hair in my sigpic as "shorter." I mean, technically it is shorter than the pic in my post, but still. :lol: Ah, LHC hair dysmorphia at its finest.

RapunzelKat, you hair looks terrific! What a gorgeous hemline!!

Thank you so much Madora! :flowers: I've been really working on my micro trimming. My old layers have been gone for a while, so it's completely blunt now and it's gradually getting thicker! :)

Thank you! I am starting by trying CWC (i think) and figuring out what types of conditioners and oils work for me...coconut is out it just gives my hair a oily appearance no matter how little i use so far jojoba seems to actually soak in and I'm curious to try argan but no matter what heavy oiling and oils are just too much for my fine hair and it becomes nearly impossible to get out! I also have been trying to stretch washes for years and i can't get past every other day again thanks to my fine thin hair the oil shows up unless i use a dry shampoo. Im trying cone free conditioners I've been pretty much cone free for a few years while just not using conditioner and eventually i think i want to try some cassia but ill try and take my time! I am super anxious for my hair to grow and to try everything but I'm going to try and stick to one thing for at least a month before trying a new routine/additions out! And i made it to 25 ! So thanks for the pictures Rapunzelcat and Amapola Such beautiful hair and great inspiration!

Glad you enjoyed the pics! Please feel free to poke through my album, I have some more in there :)
Here's a couple links to threads you might enjoy, if you haven't visited them yet. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125407 AspenSong's anniversary thread, as mentioned before in the thread :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115 - the Thin/Fine hair thread
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125117 - the Puny Bun Club!

As far as hair care? :hmm: Well, the basics are gentle handling and protective styles. I like a blunt hemline, but that's largely a personal preference thing. Detangle with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb. I'm also a big BBB fan. I'm 'cone and sulfate free right now and am liking it so far, but it's pretty new to me. I do SMTs (Snowymoon's moisture treatment) with some coconut oil in it every now and then, and occasional lemon rinses. (Sorry, that's a lot of info! :oops:) Trying new things slowly is always a good plan! The thin/fine hair thread is a great place to ask questions about our hair type, there's a lot of us over there and it's a very supportive and helpful group. :blossom: