PDA

View Full Version : Squish to Condish

battles
August 23rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.thereoncewasacurl.com/blog/squish-to-condish

molljo
August 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Ugh, I wish she didn't have the music so loud in the mix; I could barely hear what she was saying. Her blog (http://whirlsandcurls.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/squish-to-condish-method-video-explanation-w-pictures/) explains it pretty well though.

I guess I was doing a version of this on my own (I've heard of this method but never looked into what it actually was before now). I WCC, and I always scrunch in my conditioners, but I hadn't done the water-in-palms thing. I am a bit fuzzy on the rinsing process, though. Do you just pool water and conditioner-soaked hair in a big scrunch, and when it stops dripping, you're done?

lapushka
August 23rd, 2014, 03:07 PM
It's called scrunching. It's not new. ;)

battles
August 23rd, 2014, 04:06 PM
Ugh, I wish she didn't have the music so loud in the mix; I could barely hear what she was saying. Her blog (http://whirlsandcurls.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/squish-to-condish-method-video-explanation-w-pictures/) explains it pretty well though.

I guess I was doing a version of this on my own (I've heard of this method but never looked into what it actually was before now). I WCC, and I always scrunch in my conditioners, but I hadn't done the water-in-palms thing. I am a bit fuzzy on the rinsing process, though. Do you just pool water and conditioner-soaked hair in a big scrunch, and when it stops dripping, you're done?

Pretty much that. You're rinsing out most of the conditioner only by scrunching water into your hair, and it leaves a little bit. You don't rinse after, just style as usual.

It's called scrunching. It's not new. ;)

I did know that. ;) I get better results from this than regular scrunching, though.

Beborani
August 23rd, 2014, 05:02 PM
In addition to applying product to soaking wet hair she adds more water. This helps to spread the product around to coat more parts of hair similar to multiple layering in loc method popular here--most of these methods are about getting some product or other to coat the hair--nothing is 100% but closer you get to that better result you have. All other explanations are just made up.

CurlyCap
August 24th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Alright, so.....curlies always say "soaking wet hair" and "gobs and gobs of conditioner/product".....but everyone just thinks we're exaggerating? Lol.

She's just re-wetting her hair in the sink then putting a ton of product in it. The water helps make sure the product is evenly distributed. An alternative is to run your hands under the tap and then run your hands over your product covered hair. Lol. Skype any curly girl after spending the night at a friends house or after gym class or at the end of bar night or .....ever, when she wants to fix her hair and a shower isn't available.

Johannah
August 24th, 2014, 04:49 AM
I'm not familiar with it, but I've tried the usual scrunching and it gives me A LOT of frizz! I guess re-wetting it like she does with products won't give frizz, or at least not that much. Though I'm not going to try it because my hair doesn't like a lot of leave in products ;)

Santi
August 25th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Melissa Stites does a great job explaining "Squish to Condish". Her blog is called 'There once was a curl'

lapushka
August 26th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I'm not familiar with it, but I've tried the usual scrunching and it gives me A LOT of frizz! I guess re-wetting it like she does with products won't give frizz, or at least not that much. Though I'm not going to try it because my hair doesn't like a lot of leave in products ;)

Maybe putting your leave-in (LOC) products in on soaking wet hair in stead of damp would eliminate frizz?