PDA

View Full Version : Inversion Method for Growth

tlang
August 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
I have noticed that when I try the inversion method ( 4 minutes slightly declined head) I just feel "gross" afterward, like weak muscles, not quite nauseated, like my neck needs to pop, over all just a slight whole body/ora discomfort. I do not use and oil and massage very lightly the whole time. I am wondering if its just not for me. some days it feels much worse (I have done about five tries total- not in a row and not always 4 minutes) but last night was a-ok. any tips or things I need to know that maybe I've done wrong, I absolutely don't think I have any contraindications but obviously if its making me feel ill it may need to stop. :dizzy:

bna_rapunzel
August 22nd, 2014, 08:44 PM
So confused about what this is. Curious!

Madora
August 22nd, 2014, 08:52 PM
I have noticed that when I try the inversion method ( 4 minutes slightly declined head) I just feel "gross" afterward, like weak muscles, not quite nauseated, like my neck needs to pop, over all just a slight whole body/ora discomfort. I do not use and oil and massage very lightly the whole time. I am wondering if its just not for me. some days it feels much worse (I have done about five tries total- not in a row and not always 4 minutes) but last night was a-ok. any tips or things I need to know that maybe I've done wrong, I absolutely don't think I have any contraindications but obviously if its making me feel ill it may need to stop. :dizzy:

tlang, I'm not familiar with the inversion method but I do something similar every day. I brush my hair with my bbb, in the head down position.

Since you are experiencing discomfort and nausea, perhaps you could try it while seated...and for a shorter period of time. I think one has to slowly accustom oneself to this posture and not go all out for 4 minutes at one fell swoop. Next time, try 2 minutes, seated, and see how you feel.

Good luck!

tlang
August 22nd, 2014, 08:54 PM
It is a method of "rapid hair growth" where you use an oil to massage into your scalp while you lay with your head off the bed, do a handstand, bend over, slide off the couch, whatever. For 5 minutes a day for 7 days. you should see an inch of growth in seven days but it SHOULD not be done for more than one week out of a month. The theory is that you will get a concentration of nutrient rich blood to the scalp allowing hair to get the goods and grow quickly. You don't want to do this if you have any issues like frequent dizziness, low-blood pressure or sugars, certain diseases or if you are sick at all. You can do this for longer than 5 minutes or more than once a day but those are the "typical" directions. I thought id give it a try but cant seem to hang upside down for any length of time!

tlang
August 22nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Thank you, I thought (assumed) 4 minutes wouldn't be too long but maybe you are right, I may have just jumped in too quickly! tomorrow I will try a little less time and see how it goes. I don't want to give up, i'm RIGHT there where I feel tempted to cut my hair and between it not growing rapidly and my husband telling me how much he loves my short hair i'm losing momentum!!!

Madora
August 22nd, 2014, 08:59 PM
Thank you very much, tlang, for the explanation of the inversion method for growth. I don't believe in "rapid" any more than I believe in the Easter Bunny. But inversion does help with stimulating the follicles, especially with massage and brushing. I'm not one for putting anything on my scalp as I don't want to disturb my acid mantle.

tlang
August 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
I do no use the oil either. I follow a strict no-poo routine that doesn't allow for may extra oils.. I would be a MESS if I did that.