PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on refreshing 2nd day waves

Juliet15
August 21st, 2014, 05:17 AM
Looking for ideas to refresh second day waves. I have quite a tight wave pattern after washing, but by the second day some parts are still wavy while others start to straighten out. Does anybody have any tips or products they like to refresh the waves??

lapushka
August 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Misting with distilled water (with a dash of conditioner in it). Do this until it's a little damp, then scrunch. You can add product back in after that but it's not necessary.

kganihanova
August 21st, 2014, 08:24 AM
Mist water in and I find it helps with volume when I clip little jaw clips under certain parts. And do some scrunching. If I feel altering my wave pattern, I'll braid my hair too while damp.

ExpectoPatronum
August 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Misting water just created more frizz for me. I prefer scrunching water into my hair instead, followed by either scrunching in more leave in (for softer waves) or my gel (for more defined waves). I still get some frizz, but it's not as bad.

This method isn't fool proof, so be prepared to have to throw it in an updo if the second day hair gods decide to punish you instead.

Juliet15
August 21st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I have a curl enhancing spray but it has alcohol in it, and I'm trying to stay away from products that will make my dry hair worse.

lapushka
August 21st, 2014, 03:44 PM
You can basically take a wet washcloth and scrunch with that as well, if the misting for some reason or other doesn't work.

Creagan
August 21st, 2014, 05:37 PM
Before I started braiding my hair at night I used a hair steamer, and then a boar bristle brush to smooth out the frizz.

Syren_Curls
August 21st, 2014, 08:43 PM
I have been experimenting with either misting or scrunching with water and a touch of conditioner in it as well as rubbing a touch of FSG into my palms and scrunching and palming it into my hair for second day refreshers. It's been a mixed bag in the sense that, the days where I am more hasty with it, there is just a touch of flyaways. On those days, if it really bothers me, I might take half a tiny dab of a very light oil and rub it into my palms then smooth it gently/lightly just where the bit of flyaways are.

DweamGoiL
August 21st, 2014, 09:52 PM
I used to mist my hair to revive the 2nd and 3rd day waves, but all I got was more frizz and lots of build-up of all the product in my hair. Since my hair is fine, it gets weighed down easily. I have come to accept that the first day after a wash is my best wavy hair day. That night, I top bun and that gives me lots of volume in the morning, but the waves do die down. However, the hair is really bouncy and sleek. By the 3rd day, I usually wear a bun, and at night, I wash. That is pretty much my usual now, and I find it works better than me trying to force my hair to do what I want. I just let it do what it wants now :)