PDA

View Full Version : rather large chop. (with photos)

AnimaSola3o4
September 22nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
I hate to even admit it (not out of regret, but because I don't want to disappoint anyone), but about three weeks ago I did a big chop. *gasp* I know. I cut my hair back to about BSL first. I did the layered cut (with the pony tail on top of the head), to hopefully enhance my curls... but I ended up with too thin of ends for my liking, which really I guess would've turned into beautiful fairytale ends if I'd left them... but I just wasn't satisfied.... Now, a lot of you know that pre-LHC I shaved the back of my head, and now that hair is shoulder length. So I cut my hair for a second time in a few days, this time using Feye's method for the 'U' shape, cutting another few inches off the bottom ends, along with adding more layers to the top.

Really this big chop was coming for a long time and I kind of considered my longer hair to be 'practice hair' because I knew eventually I would want to even my hair out. So now it's only about 3... maybe 4 inches longer than the short hair underneath and frankly I don't regret it in the least bit. I feel closer to my goal than ever, because now I can just let it grow and not have to worry about the short hair underneath!

The only time I get the least big negative feeling about it, is when I look at photos of my longer hair. But that's mostly just sentimental and 'what ifs' for instance, 'what if I'd never shaved the back of my head... maybe i'd be at classic by now!!!' but alas, what's done is done and we can do nothing but learn from our mistakes of the past right!?

So.... photos.

These first photos are from the first haircut. In order of dryness level I suppose.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut1.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut7.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut5.jpg

And the ponytail:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut6.jpg
It reaches 9 inches stretched out and wet lol.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut10.jpg

Annnywho, off to the photos after the most recent cut:

Sorry for the blurry quality, I'll take some decent ones soon.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut11.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut12.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut14.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/AnimaSola3o4/haircut13.jpg

Curlsgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
I think it looks gorgeous in both pictures but if you are happy that's what counts!! I do love the look of blunt even ends and yours looks really pretty!!! :)

AutumnLeaves
September 22nd, 2008, 06:05 AM
I think it looks much better and thicker. You cannot see through the ends anymore. You are on your way!

EllisGurl
September 22nd, 2008, 06:18 AM
Dear AnimaSola3o4, please don't ever be concerned about disappointing LHC members!!!! This board is for support for whatever you decide to do with your hair. After all, it is your hair.

That being said, I echo what curlsgurl said. Both look great!!! I'm glad you're happy with your hair!

Juanita
September 22nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
As long as your happy. That's what everyone cares about

Unofficial_Rose
September 22nd, 2008, 06:32 AM
FWIW, I think it looks much better :agree:

Now the ends are level, you can just let it grow for ages!

Suitsuki
September 22nd, 2008, 06:50 AM
It definitely looks better, it's thicker and the ends look fuller. I cut my longer layer 2 years ago too, and lost a lot of lenght, but it was worth it. Keep it growing!

I love your texture by the way. Nice curls :)

Patrycja
September 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I love your curls so much....I think your cut looks fabulous!! Your curls look so healthy and shiny :flowers: :cloud9:

Dolly
September 22nd, 2008, 07:10 AM
I think it looks great!

Tressie
September 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
It's all about being happy with YOUR hair! It looks wonderfully healthy and the curls are lovely! If the shorter underlayer had been a source of bother to you, well, you've sorted that out and now it's.........."let it grow, let it grow, let it grow"! :o

Morag
September 22nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
AnimaSola, I think that looks great! Such luscious thick, shining curls! (Hair like yours is my "dream hair" - as in, I sometimes get to have it in dreams. :rolleyes: ) I agree that you will probably have an easier time growing it the rest of the way out, now that the ends are close to the same length.

Xandergrammy
September 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
I think your new cut looks beautiful! :flowers:

cindy58
September 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Looks good! I think that if the shaved part has been bothering you, it was the right decision.

Flutterbee
September 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
I think it looks great! I just did the same thing, although for different reasons. I agree that if it makes you happy, go for it!

Barca
September 22nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
oh wow!!! beautiful! my ends were thinning out like that too before i chopped them off...you're hair is sooo pretty and it will only get better :)

spidermom
September 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
The new cut looks terrific. Enjoy.

Speedbump
September 22nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
I think you totally did the right thing. It looks thicker, healthier and neater, and it will be very simple to just "let it grow" for a while until you decide whether or not you want to even it up again. Lookin' good! :cheese:

Delila
September 22nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
I think all the photos look great, but then again, I'm rather envious of your curls, LOL!

ladystar
September 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Your hair looks great, really full and thick...

Periwinkle
September 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Glad you're happy with it :D It looks great, and it must be really good for you to have even hair again!

karenpetal
September 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hey I think its better to loose some length for health of your hair - it looks gorgeous

xrosiex
September 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Your hair looks great. Beautiful curls. You did a good job with the cut. Thanks for sharing:)

AnimaSola3o4
September 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow thanks guys! It makes me feel better that you are all so sweet about it. :) Im excited to just let it grow and grow now. And I plan on taking really good care of my ends so they hold up well. :)

alinakathryn
September 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Wow! It looks great!

paper
September 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Your hair is still long and beautiful :crush: I'm glad your happy with your new cut.

sneakybea
September 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
You have such pretty curls, and they look much thicker now. Happy growing!

Alley Cat
September 22nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Your hair looks lovely. :inlove:

Bunnygirl
September 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, the curls and the color are so stunning!

The cut has made it look healthier:)

MissHair
September 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
I had a big chop too. I think I cut like 7 inches or more. I didnt wanna dissapoint anyone, especially not my family and friends who I promised to grow long hair for. But my hair was so damaged, it was previously bleached, sunbleached, it tangled and broke every second I touched it, I had to do something... At least now the bottom half of my hair isnt carrot coloured and thinning out. I think your hair looks great, its gonna grow out fast, as will mine.

DavidN
September 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
I think your cut went very well indeed, AnimaSola3o4, and your ends are so much thicker now. Your curls are beautiful!

Katze
September 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
I think it looks much nicer! Beautiful color and curls! :D

Amoretti
September 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
I like how it looks so much thicker now!

brok3nwings
September 23rd, 2008, 05:34 AM
I think you do have a beautiful hair, i love your curls girl! What you made wasnt cuting all of your hair off, you just did what you had to do to reach your goal and it looks great

BlackfootHair
September 23rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
I think it looks awesome. Your ends are much thicker, and it's still long compared to my hair! :)

FrannyG
September 23rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Your hair looks lovely. It really does. :blossom: Now, you can keep your ends nice and thick with periodic very tiny trims. It works.

I just feel bad that you felt sheepish about posting this. Lots of us have done "health cuts". It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Anyway your hair is gorgeous! :)

jojo
September 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I think your hair looks a whole lot healthier and so much thicker. Don't feel bad, looking after our hair means treating it well and in my opinion you have done just that, I mean look at those curls they are thanking you with big boings!

I would just let it grow now and maybe do regular dustings to keep it nice and thick looking.

Well done its an excellent job.

WritingPrincess
September 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Wow. Your hair looks quite a bit thicker and slightly curlier. Dare I say I think it looks prettier?

savi
September 24th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm going to have to say, just like everyone else, that it looks thicker because it does.
The ends looks curlier too.
It's pretty.

ccmuffingirl
September 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I think your hair looks great :). It looks very full and even.