PDA

View Full Version : hair challenge/neglect help...

bna_rapunzel
August 19th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Im so sad yall..... I went from classic/thigh to friggin chin and im just so bent out of shape. Im thinking about pinning my hair back/up daily but I dont know when I should check for length without getting disappointed. I went from chin to classic in 5 years so my hair growth rate is pretty fast.... I just want to wake up and feel hair hugs again or yell at hubby for laying on my hair 3 feet away. Im so sad about it. :'(
Should I do monthly? Weekly? Ugh... thanks in advance

Madora
August 19th, 2014, 03:56 PM
You will drive yourself nuts if you check for length weekly. Once a month is fine. Try and wear the same clothes (preferably a blouse/shirt with stripes) so you can get an idea of where your hair is headed. Be patient and eventually you'll get there!

MsPharaohMoan
August 19th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Definitely not weekly. I'd say every 3 months if you're really dedicated - you'll be able to clearly see the growth, which might be more inspiring for you

Tini'sNewHair
August 20th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Depends on your growth rate, my hair grows 1 inch a month and I get to see clear results every month but if it was a slower growth, I would do it evrry 2-3 month. Go join the thread I'm in for the monthly pictues, theres a whole bunch of us in there, the support is great and everyones pictures very inspiring :)

meteor
August 20th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry if I sound a bit daft... but what's the point of checking length, be it weekly or monthly?
I really feel that the whole beauty of benign neglect is that you let the length creep up on you, so it doesn't seem to painfully take forever. IMHO, watching hair grow can be frustrating, and I don't see how it can be productive.

Playing with styling short hair can be lots of fun though - I'd focus on that while letting hair grow out! :)
Best of luck! :flowers: And happy growing! :D

embee
August 20th, 2014, 06:57 PM
I found that not checking worked best for me. I could make myself (more) nuts if I were forever checking and measuring, and I was never all that good and accurate anyway.

If I had hair that short I'd be pinning it back and hoping for the best. I'd slowly notice that it was staying pinned better, that eventually I could *tie* it back, etc.

There's got to be something more worthwhile to do than measure hairgrowth! ;) For me, that was like watching paint dry.

bna_rapunzel
August 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM
I just miss my long hair. .. that's all.

meteor
August 20th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I just miss my long hair. .. that's all.

I'm really sorry about that. :( Hair does grow back completely undamaged, virgin... but it certainly takes its sweet time.
I just read the other thread and saw that you bleached, dyed pink, straightened, etc your hair before cutting it, so if I were to recommend something for the future, I'd say: maybe try experimenting conservatively - for example, use wigs and clip-in extensions for dye experiments instead of your own hair? Just try to preserve the new hair growing in, treat it like fine silk (avoid harsh chemicals and heat and mechanical damage), but benign neglect can definitely help you too! :)

Best of luck to you! :grouphug: And happy growing! :D I hope you'll grow back your hair as quickly as possible and it will be even more beautiful than before! :love:

bna_rapunzel
August 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Thank you. At least when i do grow it back i can say i went all out.... I wont wonder "what if". Just trust me when i say the grass is not greener on the short hair side of the lawn :(