PDA

View Full Version : Hip to BCL

Tini'sNewHair
August 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Is there a thread for Hip to BCL? If there is, I will very much appriciate help finding it :D

Otherwise, LETS DO THIS!!!!

I have about 5 months until I reach BCL with a growth of 1 inch per month :) Can't wait to get there because its very new territory for me :)

dancingpoet
August 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I know that there is a waist to tailbone thread, therefore, Hip to BCL is sort of included. :)

Anyway, I'm sort of in that zone, though I finally am solidly at BCL. It's an interesting length, especially if you've never gotten there before, because it's like "whoa... my hair reaches... there?"

sourgrl
August 18th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, Tini :) There's only about an inch to an inch and a half difference between BCL and TBL on me. I've been hanging out in the waist to TBL thread but I think my final goal will be BCL. I don't want my hair hiding too much of my assets :p

Tini'sNewHair
August 18th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Hi dancingpoet, yes I know of that thread to but I have about 9-10 months until TBL, I need a small victory in between but also because I will be stopping at BCL for a fair few months to maintain my hemline :) My daughter had tbl hair, I know of that haha It sure will be intresting...ehm...to....well, probably weird to get hair in there haha :)

Tini'sNewHair
August 18th, 2014, 08:07 PM
sourgrl I think that BCL may be my second prefered length so if classic dosnt work well for me, I can see myself wanting to be at BCL instead because I agree with you, it dosnt cover as much :)

~honeyflower~
August 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I'm at the top of my hip bone. I think bcl will be the longest i will go.

AmberJewel
August 23rd, 2014, 09:55 PM
All right! I've been waiting for someone to start this thread! I was getting out of the shower yesterday when I realized- the very tips of my longest hairs when wet and stretched.... ARE NEARLY BCL !!

rowie
August 23rd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, Tini :) There's only about an inch to an inch and a half difference between BCL and TBL on me. I've been hanging out in the waist to TBL thread but I think my final goal will be BCL. I don't want my hair hiding too much of my assets :p

Really you'd consider other assets? Hmmm I thought hair would be on everyone's top asset on here, well, at least for me it is. ;) but yeah I'm also the same in that hip and bcl is a very short journey for me as well. But since my hair is what I consider to be my asset I think I'm gonna go for classic. :lol:

meliel
August 23rd, 2014, 10:16 PM
Happy to say I actually belong here :rockerdud

I think I'm borderline TBL (if not already), I keep measuring to see how far it is until I hit my bumbum crack and it seems to be about 3-4 inches until I'm there. Then I will have a celebratory fiesta before composing myself and heading onto the next goal. :D

meliel
August 23rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Really you'd consider other assets? Hmmm I thought hair would be on everyone's top asset on here, well, at least for me it is. ;) but yeah I'm also the same in that hip and bcl is a very short journey for me as well. But since my hair is what I consider to be my asset I think I'm gonna go for classic. :lol:

Also my situation, which is pretty great in my opinion!

meliel
August 23rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/boromir/one-does-not-simply-double-post.jpg

Johannah
August 24th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Oh yeah!! I was searching for this thread!!

Okay I'm not at hip length, though I'm almost there (I think?? neglecting my length woops) but I'm going to subscribe to this thread anyway :applause

TBL would be too long for me, but hip would be too short, so BCL is somewhere in between :D

Johannah
August 24th, 2014, 05:08 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/boromir/one-does-not-simply-double-post.jpg

:spitting: :spitting: :spitting:

rowie
August 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Also my situation, which is pretty great in my opinion!

I like your thinking. ;)

I don't know, but is it just me, I feel like the longer my hair is getting the smaller my buns feel like they are turning out. Well, for certain buns like the LWB and nautilus. Maybe I'm just doing those too tight or maybe I just have to wait until classic again for those types of buns to feel sort of "big" again when I had shorter hair. But then again I'm probably not alone in this because when I see people like gumball who has classic + or mid thigh length, their LWB or nautilus doesn't look that huge. I don't know, so many factors are at play and it just irks me that all I can do for now is just to keep growing. On the other hand, at least these buns are now easier to do for me. I just find for example the LWB looking differently now on me, it always turns out like a bee but bun or I have this small bun but sticks well out like the character Olive Oil from Popeye. :rollin:

ETA: here is what I mean. The pic on the right was a few months back.

http://i.imgur.com/Qa19zx8.jpg

bunzfan
August 24th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I think classic might be too much hair but I think tbl would be just right it's my favourite length and my updos are just getting bigger and bigger.

rowie
August 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I think classic might be too much hair but I think tbl would be just right it's my favourite length and my updos are just getting bigger and bigger.

Well it's good to know that there might be a difference in how my buns will turn out at tailbone length. I just want to grow down to classic because I want to experience being able to wrap a single English braid around my head, which for a lot of people that style happens at classic length. I think for me the only frustrations I have with this growing out hair journey is having to adjust to each new milestone like starting all over again trying to learn what my hair likes just when I thought I had figured it out. Not only is my hair growing but my hair texture is also changing! Ughhhh

meliel
August 24th, 2014, 09:54 AM
I like your thinking. ;)

I don't know, but is it just me, I feel like the longer my hair is getting the smaller my buns feel like they are turning out. Well, for certain buns like the LWB and nautilus. Maybe I'm just doing those too tight or maybe I just have to wait until classic again for those types of buns to feel sort of "big" again when I had shorter hair. But then again I'm probably not alone in this because when I see people like gumball who has classic + or mid thigh length, their LWB or nautilus doesn't look that huge. I don't know, so many factors are at play and it just irks me that all I can do for now is just to keep growing. On the other hand, at least these buns are now easier to do for me. I just find for example the LWB looking differently now on me, it always turns out like a bee but bun or I have this small bun but sticks well out like the character Olive Oil from Popeye. :rollin:

ETA: here is what I mean. The pic on the right was a few months back.

http://i.imgur.com/Qa19zx8.jpg

I might have a sort of theory for this but I'm not sure if it will make sense... I have the idea in my head but I don't think I can express it well enough. When hair is shorter, and you wrap it into a bun, it looks bigger because the hair is just... shorter... and therefore looks kind of thicker in the sense that there's less hair to wrap around and bind the rest of the hair. But when your hair is longer, you have more hair to wrap around the rest of your hair which confines it in a way and also as it gets longer, it thins out, making it seem like it's less when really it's more.

Trust me, I'm an engineer. :crazyq:

Nonetheless, your hair/bun looks great, and I think it's awesome that you're a guy wearing hair toys. I've tried to convince my SO on multiple occasions, and I think he's starting to warm up to the idea of keeping his hair up with a hair stick. :eyebrows:

rowie
August 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I might have a sort of theory for this but I'm not sure if it will make sense... I have the idea in my head but I don't think I can express it well enough. When hair is shorter, and you wrap it into a bun, it looks bigger because the hair is just... shorter... and therefore looks kind of thicker in the sense that there's less hair to wrap around and bind the rest of the hair. But when your hair is longer, you have more hair to wrap around the rest of your hair which confines it in a way and also as it gets longer, it thins out, making it seem like it's less when really it's more.

Trust me, I'm an engineer. :crazyq:

Nonetheless, your hair/bun looks great, and I think it's awesome that you're a guy wearing hair toys. I've tried to convince my SO on multiple occasions, and I think he's starting to warm up to the idea of keeping his hair up with a hair stick. :eyebrows:

Thank you so much for that explanation. :flower: From a structural point of view, your explanation does makes sense to me. I now think of it like holding a bundle of grains. Held lightly, its thick and full, but if I were to wrap and bind some of the grains around it, it will look more compacted and thinner even though it's still the same amount of grains. Aha now it makes more sense to me when my sister once told me "You can never tell how long a person's hair is when it is in a bun." Someone can have a really compacted bun that looks small but if they unravel it can be ankle length hair. Oh yay I think your theory makes sense to me since when I see pictures of people who have super lengths but their buns turns out really compacted.

As for your SO, good luck. You see my addiction to hair toys is thanks to this community. I started this community with a buzzed out hair and so I practically grew my hair while I was a member here. If I wasn't a member, I think my hair would be different, but in a way I probably would of been care free. I'm actually paranoid to wear my hair down because I have this belief thanks to this community that you cannot grow down to extreme lengths without incorporating daily protective updos (and a bunch of other practices), which now translates as essential to my lifestyle along with the "best practices" mentioned within this forum. But yeah, hopefully you can convince your SO the importance of updos if he plans to grow down to greater lengths. Good luck with that as well because the more hair toys he buys means more options for you as well. :p

Aderyn
August 24th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Nice thread idea. I'm around hip when wavy/curly, stretched I'm an inch or two shy of BCL. Hoping to be at least BCL stretched by the end of the year (still hoping for a few of my longest hairs to be TBL by the end of the year, but we'll see).

I'm just starting to feel my wurly hair brushing my lower back area, which is such a nice feeling as I wasn't able to feel it that much from BSL to this length.

Good luck growing, everyone!

mariakatija
August 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I'm joining! I don't know if I'm still at hip because of a trim, but I'm past waist.

sourgrl
August 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Rowie, I understand your bee butt bun experience. I find spreading my fingers to spread the hair that I've wrapped around my fingers just before I put in a hair stick or ficcare helps :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 24th, 2014, 05:27 PM
May I sneak in here and join this thread? I am not far from hip, according to a recent photo. Just doing waist to tailbone in one big stretch of growth just seems too far! :)

meliel
August 24th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Thank you so much for that explanation. :flower: From a structural point of view, your explanation does makes sense to me. I now think of it like holding a bundle of grains. Held lightly, its thick and full, but if I were to wrap and bind some of the grains around it, it will look more compacted and thinner even though it's still the same amount of grains. Aha now it makes more sense to me when my sister once told me "You can never tell how long a person's hair is when it is in a bun." Someone can have a really compacted bun that looks small but if they unravel it can be ankle length hair. Oh yay I think your theory makes sense to me since when I see pictures of people who have super lengths but their buns turns out really compacted.

As for your SO, good luck. You see my addiction to hair toys is thanks to this community. I started this community with a buzzed out hair and so I practically grew my hair while I was a member here. If I wasn't a member, I think my hair would be different, but in a way I probably would of been care free. I'm actually paranoid to wear my hair down because I have this belief thanks to this community that you cannot grow down to extreme lengths without incorporating daily protective updos (and a bunch of other practices), which now translates as essential to my lifestyle along with the "best practices" mentioned within this forum. But yeah, hopefully you can convince your SO the importance of updos if he plans to grow down to greater lengths. Good luck with that as well because the more hair toys he buys means more options for you as well. :p

Yes! Hair toys are also an addiction of mine now, because of this community! I absolutely love it though, I didn't actually know such things existed and now it makes me so happy because I have styles to protect my hair in ways I didn't know existed before. :o

My SO actually has longer hair than I do (it makes me cry, with happiness AND sadness)... We've got a hair growing competition going. ;) He's almost at classic, but he's always wearing it in a low ponytail, which I think is really damaging especially if he's keeping the elastic at the same part of his hair all of the time. You're right that if he wants to get to any longer length (he's trying to grow terminal) he will need to realise that updos are really important. I recently got him to start styling his hair into a 'caterpillar' braid before he goes to bed (bunch of elastics down the length of his hair) and he keeps thanking me for saving him time in the morning as he doesn't need to untangle it any more! Slowly, but surely, he will grow into hair sticks, because it is true that they are one of the best ways to keep hair happy and healthy, tangle free and without any breakage. :) I'm really glad I have become a lover of hair toys, really!

Sarahlabyrinth, welcome! I'm curious to see your length photo :) where is it?! Your hair looks sooooo silky and pretty in your signature :crush:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Yes! Hair toys are also an addiction of mine now, because of this community! I absolutely love it though, I didn't actually know such things existed and now it makes me so happy because I have styles to protect my hair in ways I didn't know existed before. :o

My SO actually has longer hair than I do (it makes me cry, with happiness AND sadness)... We've got a hair growing competition going. ;) He's almost at classic, but he's always wearing it in a low ponytail, which I think is really damaging especially if he's keeping the elastic at the same part of his hair all of the time. You're right that if he wants to get to any longer length (he's trying to grow terminal) he will need to realise that updos are really important. I recently got him to start styling his hair into a 'caterpillar' braid before he goes to bed (bunch of elastics down the length of his hair) and he keeps thanking me for saving him time in the morning as he doesn't need to untangle it any more! Slowly, but surely, he will grow into hair sticks, because it is true that they are one of the best ways to keep hair happy and healthy, tangle free and without any breakage. :) I'm really glad I have become a lover of hair toys, really!

Sarahlabyrinth, welcome! I'm curious to see your length photo :) where is it?! Your hair looks sooooo silky and pretty in your signature :crush:

It wasn't a good photo so I'm not putting it here, thanks for the compliment though!

meliel
August 24th, 2014, 05:58 PM
It wasn't a good photo so I'm not putting it here, thanks for the compliment though!

You're welcome :) reaching hip is an awesome milestone, and tail bone is not far after, thankfully... I thought it'd take long to get there but it seems to be quicker than I thought. :happydance:

Peggy E.
August 25th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Well it's good to know that there might be a difference in how my buns will turn out at tailbone length. I just want to grow down to classic because I want to experience being able to wrap a single English braid around my head, which for a lot of people that style happens at classic length. I think for me the only frustrations I have with this growing out hair journey is having to adjust to each new milestone like starting all over again trying to learn what my hair likes just when I thought I had figured it out. Not only is my hair growing but my hair texture is also changing! Ughhhh

your hair may be doing much the same as is mine - down to bsl is nice and thick, but from there it thins out so dramatically it's pathetic. I had it recently down to classic, but got tired of having all those inches of braiding so thin from the miles of fairy tale ends, it looked awful.

I was able to pass the single braid over my head, as you wish to do, but 3/4's of it was so thin, it looked terrible. and the buns were getting thinner, too, as you have experienced - longer hair doesn't always translate into more hair.

so I self-trimmed it up to hip. the ends are better, but still real thin - only not as long with so much of the six really long threads of hair continuing to wrap around the bun forever! am considering trimming off even more.

what's sad is that it wasn't splitting, just awful. :o(

Johannah
August 25th, 2014, 11:26 AM
At the beginning of January I'm going to take a photo of a braid. After 6 months of microtrimming I'll do the same think. I can't wait to see the difference!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 25th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Well, after doing a hair video, I'm going to claim hip, so now I can really be in this thread with y'all!

Johannah
August 26th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Well, after doing a hair video, I'm going to claim hip, so now I can really be in this thread with y'all!

Congrats! (again) :p

I guess my hair will be hip (again) after 1 or 2 months... But I'm going to benign neglect for the rest of the year. So hopefully when I take a picture again, it's past hip!

Ingrid
August 26th, 2014, 02:31 AM
BCL is the same as TBL for me... I get to hang out in both threads :cool:

LadyCelestina
August 26th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Hi :waving: I'm currently in the below waist,not-sure-if-hip region.I have gotten two different explanation as to where hip actually is,so I guess I'll skip this milestone :D If I would go with the second explanation,I'd claim hip at BCL :hmm:

Ingrid
August 26th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Hi :waving: I'm currently in the below waist,not-sure-if-hip region.I have gotten two different explanation as to where hip actually is,so I guess I'll skip this milestone :D If I would go with the second explanation,I'd claim hip at BCL :hmm:

Hip is usually the top of the hipbones :)

lapushka
August 26th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Hip is usually the top of the hipbones :)

Yes, seconding that. It's not where your real hips are.

LadyCelestina
August 26th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Can I take a pic and you just tell me where I am,pretty pretty please? :?::flowers:

ETA: cause im not sure if what I think 'top of hipbones' is is what top of hipbones really is,despite looking at bone pics and such...It's the only length milestone I have problem finding :o

lapushka
August 26th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Can I take a pic and you just tell me where I am,pretty pretty please? :?::flowers:

Sure, why not! :)

meliel
August 26th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Yessss, pictures please LadyCelestina! :o

Johannah
August 26th, 2014, 09:05 AM

ETA: cause im not sure if what I think 'top of hipbones' is is what top of hipbones really is,despite looking at bone pics and such...It's the only length milestone I have problem finding :o

Go ahead! :D

Federica
August 27th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Thank you, Tini, for opening this thread, waist to tailbone is a big, biiiiiig gap between milestones!
Count me in, just reached solid hip, I think it will take 8 months for me to get there, but I'm planning a 3 cm trim next month so maybe it will take more.

Ingrid
August 27th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Go ahead with the picture, LadyCelestina! :cheer: The "hip finders" are here ;)

bunzfan
August 27th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Yes yes yes!! we love pictures here :cool:

DreamSheep
August 27th, 2014, 04:47 PM
My longest layer is an inch or two past hip, so I'm going to check into this thread (although the rest of my layers are scattered from chin length all the way down, the bulk being at waist and rapidly approaching hip).

Hi everyone! ^o^

meliel
August 27th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Helloooo DreamSheep! Welcome to this thread :)

I just measured and I've got approximately 3 1/2 inches to go until I'm at BCL! :disco: I'm very much counting down the days. :o

Johannah
August 28th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Welcome, Dreamsheep!

LadyCelestina
August 29th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Oh :o So I took a pic today.My hair should be sooo close to hip,according to what I think is hip because I was wearing something that showed hip.Basically in my understanding hip is the part we are supposed to keep warm.You can have a peek at my undergarments as a bonus.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/Celestial-flight/1c86d444-42b7-415f-a18a-ea80f0286889_zpsb07e8983.jpg (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Celestial-flight/media/1c86d444-42b7-415f-a18a-ea80f0286889_zpsb07e8983.jpg.html)
Bed head anyway.

Johannah
August 29th, 2014, 04:24 AM
^ to me it looks like you reached hip. But I can be wrong, I'm not really good at this. Anyone a second opinion? :o

Ingrid
August 29th, 2014, 04:40 AM
LadyCelestina, I think you've reached hip, because waist is generally at the level where the tops of the elbows start. Hip is probably the easiest to find if you can locate your hipbones where they are at the front, and trace a line all the way around to the back.

LadyCelestina
August 29th, 2014, 05:06 AM
:D Have you two been sitting there and waiting till I post? :popcorn: :lol: Jk,thanks ! it was a suspiciously quick reply :D

Johannah,if that's hip it then I think I'm just hovering right above it.Those thin ends are *just* there,but not the rest.
Ingrid,yes I'm past waist and if that what you wrote is hip ,then I found it.Basically where you can feel your pelvic bones right? Where it's not just my squishy tummy fat.

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I'd say that's brushing hip. Call it! I would. :D

Johannah
August 29th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Well, obviously I'm not the only one who thinks you're at hip. Congrats! ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 29th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I'm hoping to reach BCL by the end of the year....have to be extra nice to my hair now :)