PDA

View Full Version : I'm back... and pretty sad.

bna_rapunzel
August 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hi ladies n gents

So... about April of 2013 I reached thigh. I started from chin in 2008 and reached my goal. I then decided out would be a good idea to donate my hair. Over 20 inches of it. I then just kept going shorter and shorter and am now currently sitting at a chin length bob again. Short hair is better, right? That's what I keep telling myself. I stopped coming here because i was so sad about what i did. Well I'm back on the journey. I had my shear, bleached, pink, straightened, hair sprayed fun and I'm back in the game. 5 years to thigh is highly doable. Im extremely discouraged, as I'm starting from chin again. Last time i remember standing in the shower and thinking "holy crud. My hair is past my butt and I just remember being at bsl." Im trying not to be discouraged. This will be a piece of cake, right? *sigh* I can't believe I chopped. Good news is, I chopped all the damage off and im starting fresh... :( im glad to be back.
:) here we go!

Madora
August 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Good luck on your journey, bna_rapunzel! There's no telling how far you'll go, now that you know you CAN grow to long lengths. Just be patient and before you know it, you'll be there. In the meantime, just keep being good to your hair..and maybe find a few hair inspiration pics to keep you inspired!

two_wheels
August 18th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Hi ladies n gents

So... about April of 2013 I reached thigh. I started from chin in 2008 and reached my goal. I then decided out would be a good idea to donate my hair. Over 20 inches of it. I then just kept going shorter and shorter and am now currently sitting at a chin length bob again. Short hair is better, right? That's what I keep telling myself. I stopped coming here because i was so sad about what i did. Well I'm back on the journey. I had my shear, bleached, pink, straightened, hair sprayed fun and I'm back in the game. 5 years to thigh is highly doable. Im extremely discouraged, as I'm starting from chin again. Last time i remember standing in the shower and thinking "holy crud. My hair is past my butt and I just remember being at bsl." Im trying not to be discouraged. This will be a piece of cake, right? *sigh* I can't believe I chopped. Good news is, I chopped all the damage off and im starting fresh... :( im glad to be back.

You can absolutely do it. It's better to have your damagey damagey fun and then commit to growing out- otherwise, you might wonder "what if" and not fully appreciate what you have! Good luck :blossom:

DreamSheep
August 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Welcome back! :) And that's amazing hair growth speed! I wish I could grow that much in five years. :-)

ooglipoo
August 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

You can do it bna_rapunzel!

Welcome back.

lapushka
August 18th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Welcome back, and good luck on your journey to longer lengths! :D

bna_rapunzel
August 18th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Thank you all. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Tini'sNewHair
August 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Oh woow!!! But at least now you can start fresh again, learn from passed mistakes and enjoy all the other milestones along the way. Also is good ro know how far you can get :) welcome back!

Goodwyfe
August 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I feel the same way, but I started growing from pixie length about 6 months ago. Your current length is actually my first milestone! Here we go, indeed!

Hele
August 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM
welcome back! Over the years I've gone through cycles of growing my hair to knee and then cutting it back to somewhere in the bsl/waist vicinity (that's when i dye it strange colors and style it). I think it's good to have variety, that way you don't have to sit there wondering "what if..." My most dramatic cut was bcl to chin to a partial shave, and i never regretted it one bit. Now you get to re-experience growing it out!

bna_rapunzel
August 18th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Youre all so sweet. Thats right... its about the journey and not the destination... sigh
I pulled out my bbb and started my cwc routine again.im going to succeed!

ghost
August 19th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Good luck with your re-growing!! Look at it this way, now you get to have fun joining in with all our communal crazy :)

DancingQueen
August 19th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Chin to togh in four years!? I started chin 4,5 years ago, and I am barely at BSL yet! You will make it, no worries!

spidermom
August 19th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Enjoy the process; there are a lot of styling options to look forward to.

spirals
August 20th, 2014, 09:10 PM
It's been 2 years for me and I have only gone from just below APL to waist. Yours must grow fast.

bna_rapunzel
August 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM
It does. I'm really fortunate

ladyshep
August 21st, 2014, 07:15 PM
I hope it grows twice as fast! Happy journey, you'll be happier as you see it grow fast. Keep busy and in no time, it will be longer. :)

Savvyhorsez
August 22nd, 2014, 01:13 PM
Welcome back! Good luck on your journey!

stephy190
August 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
Hi ladies n gents

Just think at least it was your choice to do those things.. Never feel restricted about what to do with your hair as hair grows back ! :) and we should be able to have any style change we want if we crave it.. so just think it will grow back and in the meantime enjoy the short time you will have short hair for as it wont last long ! Embrace it as you'll probably not be short haired again for a while! Hair is there to enjoy and do with whatever style you please at any time :D

Angela_Rose
August 24th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Welcome home! Grow, little hairs, grow!

Frederikke
August 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Well I guess there's always something good to take away from it. We all do those kind of things in our life and we often use them to beat ourselves down. Truth is, though, why spend time being sad about something you can't change. It won't do anything but make you waste time being sad.
I know how hard it is to just let something go but but I think once I truly learn this life wil be so much easier and more free.

Frederikke
August 24th, 2014, 10:55 AM
And with so much experience when you regrow your mane it's gonna be sooooo beautiful! You'll no exactly what to do and not to do!!!!