PDA

View Full Version : Is it cheating if....

cdonald2
August 18th, 2014, 04:02 PM
You take your hair out when your sleep if you were trying to keep it up for a month? Obviously your hair has to come down when you wash it, but my hair simply is not the length where it will stay up when I sleep. I sleep with satin pillowcases so I was wondering if it would be stupid to even try having my hair up the rest of the time if I do not sleep with it in. Does anybody else you do this challenge but take their hair out when they sleep? Will it still be beneficial to my growth? Or do I have to have it up all the time regardless if it will stay in or not?

neko_kawaii
August 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I couldn't wear my hair "up" all the time. After a week or so it would stage a painful revolt. I sleep with it braided in the summer and when it cools off loose in a silk sleep cap. Do what works for you and your length. A little bit of damage may be better than discomfort.

lapushka
August 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Hair needs some rest. That's why I keep it up 24/7 during the day, but *never* at night. And no it's not "cheating". ;)

martyna_22
August 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
No, it's not cheating :)
It's just my point of view, but I think you've chosen to wear your hair up so it'll be protected, not to prove anyone anything. Unless it gets tangled in your sleep, I don't see why you'd keep it up just for the sake of keeping it up. Human hair *is* strong, so nothing much will happen to it, especially if you sleep on a satin pillowcase. Wait for it to become slightly longer, and if it causes any trouble at night, try to keep it up. :twocents:

Madora
August 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
You take your hair out when your sleep if you were trying to keep it up for a month? Obviously your hair has to come down when you wash it, but my hair simply is not the length where it will stay up when I sleep. I sleep with satin pillowcases so I was wondering if it would be stupid to even try having my hair up the rest of the time if I do not sleep with it in. Does anybody else you do this challenge but take their hair out when they sleep? Will it still be beneficial to my growth? Or do I have to have it up all the time regardless if it will stay in or not?

I don't think its cheating either. You can wear it up when it gets longer. You're using satin pillowcases and that's a great idea. My only other thought would be you might like to just part you hair then clip each section with a hair friendly barrette...to contain it somehow..while you sleep. If your hair is too short for barrettes, then don't worry about it. The important thing is to detangle it every day..gently, and then carry on with your usual activities.

Anje
August 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I figure the challenge is for daily hairstyles, not bedtime ones. My scalp would hate me fast if it didn't get a break at night.

Seeshami
August 18th, 2014, 05:14 PM
it's cheating if you feel guilty and don't want to tell anyone.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
No, I wouldn't say it is cheating at all. I wear my hair loose(ly) confined in a sleeping cap. It allows the hair to move around at root level however it wishes to, and gives it a rest from being pulled back during the daylight hours. It allows the roots to relax and recover, but the silky cap still protects the hair from friction and tangling when I am asleep.

I wouldn't dream of having my hair *up* day AND night too, I figure hair needs time off too :)