PDA

View Full Version : Hair soaking up conditioner like crazy- HELP

Kam2605
August 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
For the last 2 washes I have noticed my hair is constantly soaking up conditioner, no matter how much I put on... :confused:
Previously, I would use my normal amount of conditioner and that would make my hair nice and sleek in the shower, but right now i would put the same amount on and it would feel as if i haven't used anything!! So now I've just put on more and more, and it just would not stop soaking it up...
I often wash my hair every other day, however this morning (washed my hair on Saturday night) my hair felt so greasy yet dry as if I haven't washed it for weeks..
Anyone had this problem or has an explanation/solution?
Over a week ago I have dyed my hair a darker shade with Nice N Easy (permanent, going from bleached blonde to dark blonde), so no /extremely/ harsh bleach involved and the problem didn't occur straight after this either. Don't use heat and use a 'Supersoft' conditioner and tonight I used 'Gliss Kur' to see if there is a difference (both not the most expensive ones but often left my hair feeling lovely and soft hence I am so surprised)
Thank you!

lapushka
August 18th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I'd clarify. And try a different conditioner than you're using. It might be the conditioner that doesn't agree with you.

Gertrude
August 19th, 2014, 01:42 PM
I will second clarifying because if your hair is coated with something you can pour on conditioner but it won't do anything. It could well be, I am no scientist and don't play one on TV, that the colouring has changed your hair's needs somewhat and you may well need a richer conditioner. Or go to double conditioning or a leave in to help the dryness. But clarify first.

Johannah
August 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I second what lapushka said.

Kam2605
August 19th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I clarified today because my hair already got a bit greasy, but the same problem happened straight after :thud: I've coloured and bleached before (way too many times :shake: ) and didn't have this problem with even really harsh bleach. I'll continue clarifying I guess and see what happens :/

molljo
August 19th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Have you used a protein treatment? It may be that with all the dye damage your hair just doesn't have enough structure to hold onto the moisture and conditioning agents.

renia22
August 19th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Maybe clarify, air dry, and then apply some coconut oil for at least 14 hours and see how it feels?

Firefox7275
August 20th, 2014, 02:59 PM
The problem not being noticed right after dying might be down to silicones in the dye itself or the after colour conditioner. My money is on dye damage; even darker shades contain peroxide and are highly alkaline. Dye damage can manifest as weird feeling hair when wet (chewing gum etc) and/ or rough or stripped feeling when dry.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Volume is loaded with hydrolysed protein, it's not a poor quality product IMO despite the price. I haven't used any other conditioners in that line tho. Other proven beneficial ingredients for damaged hair include coconut oil, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol.