PDA

View Full Version : New pics!

cindy58
September 21st, 2008, 07:42 PM
We went to the Renaissance Festival today and I had my hair braided for the first time. We were surprised how fast she did it.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/Cindybraid1-1-1.jpg

Oops, clicked submit too soon. I have some more photos but I'm fumbling trying to resize them.

ole gray mare
September 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM
Man oh MAN!! That is stunning!! WOW.

Dolly
September 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
That is gorgeous!!

AnneAdeline
September 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
That's gorgeous!
I've always wanted to get my hair braided at the Ren faire.

TammySue
September 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Cindy, your hair looks gorgeous! More, more! :)

Katahdin
September 21st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Wow! :thud:

That's the coolest braid I've ever seen!

cindy58
September 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Here's another view of the braid:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/Cindybraid2_edited-1-1.jpg

This one is from our trip to Scotland last month, I have a sprig of heather by the bun.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/_BJK0894-2.jpg

and another playing Rapunzel in a window of a castle ruin.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/Cindycastle_edited-2-1-1.jpg

Jessie Rose
September 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Beautiful hairstyle! And terrific pics of Scotland :D

cindy58
September 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks! Tonight we finally unloaded the photos we took from the camera. Scotland is incredibly beautiful. I loved visiting there.

Elphie
September 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM
That is truly stunning!

Forlorn Reverie
September 21st, 2008, 08:41 PM
Wow! How beautiful!

darkwaves
September 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Very lovely -- that braid is incredible, but your loose hair is also wonderful. Love the heather!

Sherri
September 21st, 2008, 08:51 PM
I just love your braid. Is that just a french braid or something else, maybe Dutch. Sorry I do a few but not very good at them.

cindy58
September 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone for your sweet replies! It's definitely fun to put up new photos around here!

I think that the lady braiding called this style a twisted french crown braid, but I could be a little off about that name. The braid was fun, I definitely think I'd like to try another style next year.

spidermom
September 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM
That's definitely a french braid. It looks nice and even; she did a good job. This braided style ages me about 10 years, I think. What do you think about yours?

utdesertrunner
September 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Gorgeous! It's fun to get new ideas. I love the Scotland pics too!

rapunzhell13
September 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Cute! The flowers are a nice touch. :)

HeatherMae
September 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Very beautiful!

Gumball
September 21st, 2008, 11:47 PM
Now that's a pretty braid! They are pretty darn fast at faires. It looks great. :D

sexyjacksparrow
September 22nd, 2008, 02:05 AM
Tjhat's so pretty! I love the little rose clips.

Shanarana
September 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
Your hair is stunning. My roots are in Scotland, such pretty pictures, would love to visit.

Arctic_Mama
September 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
Looks GREAT! WOW! If only we could manage such styles on ourselves. Even the most gifted braiders have difficulty replicating complex styles like that on themselves cleanly. But they certainly did a beautiful job on you! And Scotland looks like it was a blast. The perfect place to play 'princess' with your hair :)

sandrak
September 22nd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

cindy58
September 22nd, 2008, 05:17 AM
That's definitely a french braid. It looks nice and even; she did a good job. This braided style ages me about 10 years, I think. What do you think about yours?

Yeah, man, that's why I'm showing off the back!

I don't know about 10 years, actually, but it is a pretty slicked back style with little height anywhere. I just woke up from sleeping with it, it still looks pretty intact. So now I'll see what they have to say when they see me at work.

Silver Strands
September 22nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
Just beautiful pictures!
Thanks for sharing.
I thought your hair was darker from old avatar or signature pictures.
Very nice color.

FrannyG
September 22nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
Oh Cindy, the photos are all simply beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them. :blossom: Wow, your hair is looking long!

Akiko
September 22nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Wow. Nice braided hair. My husband and I would like to visit Scotland some day. He flew over several times but never had a chance to spend time much there. I hear it is such a beautiful place.

angelthadiva
September 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
Wow, that looks great, girl! :thud:

Morag
September 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Wow! That is one beautiful braid! (And finally, I know what to do with the ends if I ever get coordinated enough to do a crown braid...) Spectacular!

Lovely pictures of Scotland, and you and your gorgeous long locks look marvelous in that setting. :applause

jel
September 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Your braid looks gorgeous (as does your hair in a half-up and loose)! What are the lovely little rose pins you're wearing? Did you have them already or did they come with the braid?

paper
September 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
Gorgeous pictures Cindy, thanks for sharing. The braided hair is so pretty!

morningstar
September 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Cindy that braid is so beautiful. They did a great job and it is quite stunning. I did not make it to the festival this year. I am assuming you mean the one in Holly?
Your Scotland pics are great also. Your hair looks even longer than at our Mi. meet last spring. :D

cindy58
September 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
Wow! That is one beautiful braid! (And finally, I know what to do with the ends if I ever get coordinated enough to do a crown braid...) Spectacular!

Lovely pictures of Scotland, and you and your gorgeous long locks look marvelous in that setting. :applause

When I got home after the festival, I looked up the braider's sites to see what that style was called, and I noticed one very similar where the ending bun was centered too. I'm accustomed to winding from the center out, and this one goes from outside in -- just another challenge!

Thanks again everyone for your lovely comments!

cindy58
September 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Cindy that braid is so beautiful. They did a great job and it is quite stunning. I did not make it to the festival this year. I am assuming you mean the one in Holly?
Your Scotland pics are great also. Your hair looks even longer than at our Mi. meet last spring. :D

Yes, it was the one in Holly and the braider was "Ladies in Braiding". I got a couple of other hair goodies too that I haven't been able to try yet because of the braid. A *Majestic Hair Flower* (bun cage thingie) and a leather leaf slide.

I have only trimmed a bit since our MI meet, so I'm happy it's looking longer! When I came back from Scotland I wore my hair down to work, and several people commented on how long it was looking. That was nice to hear.

cindy58
September 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Your braid looks gorgeous (as does your hair in a half-up and loose)! What are the lovely little rose pins you're wearing? Did you have them already or did they come with the braid?

The braider supplied the flowers too -- they are just those little papery roses with a fine wire stem. She bent the stem up and inserted them. She said to remove them before sleeping. She had various colors and matched them to the top I was wearing.

DavidN
September 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
What wonderful photos, Cindy, and your hair is thick, shiny, and healthy. That is a truly remarkable braid. What a beautiful part of the world you visited, and thank you for sharing.

Flutterbee
September 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Lovely hair and lovely pics. I really like the rapunzel one. Thanks for sharing!

DarkChocolate
September 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Your braid is so cool:)

lawyermom
September 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
I love that braid - and in the last picture... your hair looks stunning!

Haith
September 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
The braid is very nice, and I like your tribute to Rapunzel as well.

MountainGypsy
September 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Great pictures, I love the little ribbon roses in the braid!

ClareDee
September 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
That is a really beautiful braid. I've never seen a spiralling french plait like that before.... exactly the sort of style that would be virtually impossible to do in one's own hair.

Really lovely :)

xrosiex
September 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your hair is beautiful. I love the braid.

RavennaNight
September 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
that is an awesome beautiful braid!

cindy58
September 23rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Thanks again everyone for your lovely comments!

My cap slipped off during the night and I ended up a bit too fuzzy so I took the braid out. I discovered that she had used bobby pins to hold the spiral rather than hair pins. The hold was very secure.

I was going to wash before work this morning, but I had the coolest, shiniest, best ever braid waves so I'll wait until tonight. The waves are already starting to relax though, phooey.

Solange
September 23rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Oh, I love it! I wish I could do braided styles like that with my hair.

AutumnLeaves
September 23rd, 2008, 05:24 AM
So pretty!

JessTheMess
September 23rd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Wow! That is an awesome braid! I wish I was coordinated enough to do something like that! Lovely, lovely photos!

ladystar
September 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
The hair looks beautiful...

NeilTheFuzz
September 23rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Oh wow! That is properly intricate! If anyone tied that in my hair I would never want to take it out. In my opinion that IS art.

Neil :)

Strongnlong
September 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!

maskedrose
September 23rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Beautiful Braid!

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but was that Urquert Castle in your Rapunzel shot? I was just in Scotland a little over a month ago and that particular window looks very familiar...

Amazing place, isn't it?

cindy58
September 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Beautiful Braid!

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but was that Urquert Castle in your Rapunzel shot? I was just in Scotland a little over a month ago and that particular window looks very familiar...

Amazing place, isn't it?

Yes, maskedrose! You got it right! It is indeed Urquhart Castle -- I can't believe you could tell just from that photo. I loved Scotland. Hope I can go back someday. The trees (and all greenery) just seemed so lush and mature and water, water everywhere.

Thanks all for the generous compliments -- they do make me smile!

Tressie
September 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Oooo-weee!!! Those are great pics! Such lovely hair! Thanks for sharing!!

Bronwyn Grace
September 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Wow, that is absolutely stunning! I love the little flowers in it. (:

feralnature
September 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
That's the prettiest braid I have ever seen, so glad you have pics, great avatar!

kittymomma
September 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
That really IS a gorgeous braid...reminds me of a Nautilus...

Addy
September 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
That braid is flawless in my opinion!

It's beautiful! :)

DecafJane
September 25th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Your hair looks so lovely! :D

ritza
September 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I Like It.Very Nice! Happy Hair Growing!:)

coppercurls
September 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
What a beautiful braid! Your hair is gorgeous down too. I would love to visit Scotland someday.

Speedbump
September 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
OMG! I love that! Beauuuutiful! :thud:

maliha
September 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Its very beautiful braid,,do you know whats the name of this braid?

Vitalai
September 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Wow! That is just gorgeous! :thud:

cindy58
September 29th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Its very beautiful braid,,do you know whats the name of this braid?

Thanks! I think she called it something like "crown braid with side twist".

mellie
September 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Wow, that's totally cool!

danacc
October 5th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Ooooh! Lovely braid. I've been admiring it in your avatar in other threads. Thank you for the close-ups. As mentioned, it is a french braid, although it looks like she added hair to the top of the braid with every other crossover (or twist) instead of every time. (She added hair every time from the bottom.) I like how the parting is hidden under the bun.

You have lovely, healthy hair, too!

cindy58
October 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Ooooh! Lovely braid. I've been admiring it in your avatar in other threads. Thank you for the close-ups. As mentioned, it is a french braid, although it looks like she added hair to the top of the braid with every other crossover (or twist) instead of every time. (She added hair every time from the bottom.) I like how the parting is hidden under the bun.

You have lovely, healthy hair, too!

Thanks! I'm glad you could figure out how she did the braid, because I couldn't!

sonea_
March 26th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Oi O_O very beautiful hairstyle ;_;!

templeofvenus
March 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
awesome hair and beautiful stlye too!!!

cindy58
March 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks, sonea and templeofvenus! It's kind of fun to have this thread pop back up again -- think it's time to take some new pics : ).

JamieLeigh
March 26th, 2009, 07:57 AM
:thudpile: WOW!!! That is so beautiful! Someone has very talented fingers, to be able to do it quickly and make it look that nice. And I didn't realize how long ago the first post was made, until you responded this morning. LOL :)

KajiKodomo
March 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Beautiful! :D

gmdiaz
March 26th, 2009, 03:39 PM
You look GREAT in your beautiful Renaissance braid.

And I love your Scotland photos!

CaityBear
March 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Beautiful. That looks really good. :)

marzipanthecat
March 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Oh that is so fabulous, I love it beyond words!

E.L.x 86
March 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Beautiful! It's nice to see photos of people out and about with their long hair and fancy up-dos. It's like 'long hair in action'!
Also, your hair looks really pretty in the Scotland photos, really full and healthy :)

Robinlyn
March 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Sooooo beautiful, thank you for sharing your pics!!

cindy58
March 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Well, this new group of comments has certainly put a smile on my face! Thanks everyone!

It's fun to remember Scotland and the Ren Fest braid -- I'd like to do both of them again!

Beautiful! It's nice to see photos of people out and about with their long hair and fancy up-dos. It's like 'long hair in action'!
Also, your hair looks really pretty in the Scotland photos, really full and healthy :)

I think LHC is just the place for us to find the inspiration to make the most of our long hair in our daily lives.

Quahatundightu
March 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Wow the braid is just stunning!!!! :D Those flowers looks gorgeous against your colouring too :) And yaay for Rapunzel, I love that shot, your hair looks so thick :)

cindy58
March 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Wow the braid is just stunning!!!! :D Those flowers looks gorgeous against your colouring too :) And yaay for Rapunzel, I love that shot, your hair looks so thick :)

Thanks! The flowers didn't last as long as the braid -- the stems were a little picky, so they had to go.

It was fun playing it up for Rapunzel -- I loved the castles. To get to those cool windows though involved climbing steps in rather tight spirals, just a bit unnerving!